Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 193.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    25321

  • Susan in TN

    18431

  • Jean in Newcastle

    18006

  • KrissiK

    15902

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Ignore this post in this thread.

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Why are planks so difficult?!? I mean, you're just lying there, leaning against your arm.  But they are truly the work of the devil!

I concur. Julia makes us do planks in yoga and she just keeps talking away and I’m like, “ok, when do we get to stop this?.”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!  It's The Queen's Favorite Day!

Dh is going to get his star license today.  Dd12 has her initial appointment with the orthodontist today, oh joy oh rapture.  Kids are meeting for children's choir at the park instead of zoom today, so that should be nice.  After that is orchestra and scouts.  There's a Philmont crew meeting after scouts.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Junie said:

What's a star license?  This sounds like something I might want.

It's sort of a federal issue of a driver's license (you have to provide proof of citizenship and residency documents) - starting in October I think, you have to have  either that or a passport for air travel.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's sort of a federal issue of a driver's license (you have to provide proof of citizenship and residency documents) - starting in October I think, you have to have  either that or a passport for air travel.

And here I thought it was going to be something interesting related to his job.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Junie said:

And here I thought it was going to be something interesting related to his job.

I know - so disappointing! Lol.  I got mine a long time ago when I thought I was going places.  The process was like having to deal with the IRS and the DMV at the same time.  Not. Fun.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It's sort of a federal issue of a driver's license (you have to provide proof of citizenship and residency documents) - starting in October I think, you have to have  either that or a passport for air travel.

Interesting.  I have only heard the term "enhanced license" here.  Star license is a new one for me!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Interesting.  I have only heard the term "enhanced license" here.  Star license is a new one for me!

In TN at least, there is a star somewhere on the front.  I can't remember what it's really called.

I looked it up - in TN it's officially called the "Real ID Compliant" license.  That's me.  Super Compliant. 😂

I'm done with my part in lessons today, and walked on the treadmill for a while.  I hate the treadmill, but you can put up the incline quite a bit and I need that kind of uphill exercise now.  Girls are doing literature.  Dh is fixing the wall of the stairway where the rabbits nibbled.

Time for afternoon coffee!
   
 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had foot cramps, so after going to the kitchen for pickle juice (I saw that look, Jeannie! Lol) I was sucked into the reddit vortex and found an interesting way to make an inexpensive and super light backpacking chair.  I'm going to experiment and see what I can come up with.

Now I should go to sleep.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Had foot cramps, so after going to the kitchen for pickle juice (I saw that look, Jeannie! Lol) I was sucked into the reddit vortex and found an interesting way to make an inexpensive and super light backpacking chair.  I'm going to experiment and see what I can come up with.

Now I should go to sleep.

🙄

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I didn't sleep well last night.  Maybe it was because I didn't do any walking last night (as is becoming a habit), but I think it was really a combination of several things.  

Hoping that the day goes well on autopilot...

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I didn't sleep well either.  😒  Not sure why, just restless.  My ankle started bothering me again so I'm wearing my brace again for the first time in months.

Dd and I did yoga this morning.  We were going to start walking today but it was still below freezing this morning so we changed our mind.  Maybe Thursday (which is the only day it's not supposed to rain after today for 5 days).  

I have four classes today so its going to be a long day and I've been up since 6 and dd has TKD, so really really long day.    If it's nice later I may walk while she's at TKD. If I have the energy.  

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

Today is going to be busy. I have an 11:00 appointment in the Big City for DS to see about an educational evaluation for him and then I drive home, pick DD up from school and go back to the Big City for her annual appointment with the only pediatric ophthalmologist in the Valley so he can make sure that her condition, which is benign, hasn’t changed. And DD, being the hypochondriac that she is, is sure that he’s going to schedule another MRI on her brain and optic nerve (very he likely won’t) and she doesn’t want her eyes dilated and she’s been worrying about this for two weeks now. My only issue with the whole thing is that we never get out of there in under 3 hours. I’ll take my laptop and hopefully I can get some work done.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!

Krissi, did you ever get your rain?   

I just got off a zoom meeting - I was asked to be a part of a steering committee which I agreed to, assuming I would be unhelpful dead weight.  But I think I might have been a little helpful. Or at least felpful.  I love the organization, so it makes me happy just to be there, lol.

Now I am supposed to go hike a hill.  Don't want to.  But I should go before it starts raining.

Coffee!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slache Thankyou! IT WORKED!

I haven't been able to get on ITT in FOREVER because my phone has to think too hard and freezes up trying to get to the last page. Slachie just taught me what that little icon (unread content) button is. It took me to the first page of ITT so I really didn't think I'd get in, but I clicked forward to the last page AND IT WORKED!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

@Slache Thankyou! IT WORKED!

I haven't been able to get on ITT in FOREVER because my phone has to think too hard and freezes up trying to get to the last page. Slachie just taught me what that little icon (unread content) button is. It took me to the first page of ITT so I really didn't think I'd get in, but I clicked forward to the last page AND IT WORKED!

Yay Servie!  I'm always so happy to see you and your pretty blue robin's eggs!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did 45 minutes of hill hiking with a 15lb pack.  I had intended to try to get to the top 4 times but only made it 3.  But since it was pretty dry out I was able to hike to the very tippy top, so that was good.  Started sprinkling just as I was finishing up.  Legs are tired.  It's almost story time!  We're reading The Wind in the Willows, illustrated by  Inga Moore.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

EdPo:

I'm just thinking out loud here...

I've been trying to figure out our curriculum for next year. Oldest really messed up my overall plan by reading ahead this year in history. Lol

I'm thinking US geography plus review of this year's US history on a timeline so he can really SEE it. I also want to include our bible curriculum and just keep adding to it as we progress through world history later on. I just have to decide if I want to make my own pictures/figures or buy HITW. Also, do I want to do a timeline in a book or on the wall? I think I'm going to buy the olde world US and World maps combo pack (HITW). I wonder if studying national parks and wildlife in addition to each states flower, tree, and bird is enough to qualify as science?

Reading is up in the air. I still plan on him reading reading reading as his interests lead, but I do want SOMETHING tangible next year. Novel Ties are an option, but I'm considering Reading Detective because it would give him ideas of other books he might enjoy reading. I'm a bit confused about it, though. Is it meant to be a full curriculum or a supplement? And is it used for one year or two? (Says 3-4, 5-6, 7-8).

I really can't believe I'm considering winging it in so many subjects without a physical curriculum with tests. This is sooo not like me. Last year, this type of thought process would've induced heart palpitations.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

I'm just thinking out loud here...

I've been trying to figure out our curriculum for next year. Oldest really messed up my overall plan by reading ahead this year in history. Lol

I'm thinking US geography plus review of this year's US history on a timeline so he can really SEE it. I also want to include our bible curriculum and just keep adding to it as we progress through world history later on. I just have to decide if I want to make my own pictures/figures or buy HITW. Also, do I want to do a timeline in a book or on the wall? I think I'm going to buy the olde world US and World maps combo pack (HITW). I wonder if studying national parks and wildlife in addition to each states flower, tree, and bird is enough to qualify as science?

Reading is up in the air. I still plan on him reading reading reading as his interests lead, but I do want SOMETHING tangible next year. Novel Ties are an option, but I'm considering Reading Detective because it would give him ideas of other books he might enjoy reading. I'm a bit confused about it, though. Is it meant to be a full curriculum or a supplement? And is it used for one year or two? (Says 3-4, 5-6, 7-8).

I really can't believe I'm considering winging it in so many subjects without a physical curriculum with tests. This is sooo not like me. Last year, this type of thought process would've induced heart palpitations.

I'm thinking too. Oldest is do the next thing, second oldest is do what oldest did, third (Alex) is polar opposite in personality and I think needs different curriculum. 😱

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably shouldn't try to think so hard with so little sleep. Newbie has reverted back to newborn sleep status. He has been waking every 1.5-2hrs all night long for so many days in a row now that time is a blur. One word: Teething. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩 but, it is the week before Spring Break. I think I can, I think I can!!

School and work today!!

Nope. I'm mean like that. Good Friday is all we're taking off. Well, unless the principal (ahem, DH) trumps me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I didn't sleep well either.  😒  Not sure why, just restless.  My ankle started bothering me again so I'm wearing my brace again for the first time in months.

Dd and I did yoga this morning.  We were going to start walking today but it was still below freezing this morning so we changed our mind.  Maybe Thursday (which is the only day it's not supposed to rain after today for 5 days).  

I have four classes today so its going to be a long day and I've been up since 6 and dd has TKD, so really really long day.    If it's nice later I may walk while she's at TKD. If I have the energy.  

Quoting myself to say, I was right.  It's been a very long day.  

Three of my four classes were super duper messy.   I did a bunch of clean up but still have more dishes, need to mop the floor, wipe down some walls, and clean tables in the morning.  I ran out of time because I had to get home to take dd to tkd.  

I have 11,580 steps for today and it was pretty much ALL from classes.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I m exhaustified. I had a good talk with the educational psychologist. DS is going in on Thursday for testing. And oldest DD had a good appointment with the ophthalmologist. It’s just an appointment that takes two and a half hours.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear.... these cats all come out, sit at the front door and meow at me until I get up and let them out. And the really bad part of this whole thing is.... I do it. I get up and let them out. It’s because the girls are outside playing and the cats hate to be left out.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Today we were answering SOTW review questions on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan; dd14 couldn't think of the term "guerrilla warfare" and called it monkey fights. 😂

That works!!! There was a gorilla at the zoo when I was growing up that threw poop at people.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Krissi, did you ever get your rain?   

I just got off a zoom meeting - I was asked to be a part of a steering committee which I agreed to, assuming I would be unhelpful dead weight.  But I think I might have been a little helpful. Or at least felpful.  I love the organization, so it makes me happy just to be there, lol.

Now I am supposed to go hike a hill.  Don't want to.  But I should go before it starts raining.

Coffee!

We got a little rain. Nothing in the forecast, and it’s the end of March, so I’m thinking.... probably nothing significant until November.

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday:

40 minutes muddy weeding done

Xena's lower body workout done

Then after dinner because it is now light out, I did ten minutes of weed whacking in the background.  I figure it will take me 14 days of daily ten minute sessions to get the entire back yard done.  And then of course it will be time to start over!

After all of that, my muscles were trembling. 

A trembling booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Krissi, did you ever get your rain?   

I just got off a zoom meeting - I was asked to be a part of a steering committee which I agreed to, assuming I would be unhelpful dead weight.  But I think I might have been a little helpful. Or at least felpful.  I love the organization, so it makes me happy just to be there, lol.

Now I am supposed to go hike a hill.  Don't want to.  But I should go before it starts raining.

Coffee!

Woo-hoo!  You steer and I'll do the pedals!  🚗

Congratulations!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...