Menu

What's with the ads?

30 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest and I are having fun. His English lesson told him to copy any words (different types of birds) he couldn't pronounce onto paper and look them up in a dictionary. We Googled them instead and found out each one's size, habitat, life span, and then looked up the countries on our globe. Score for Geography!

And science!

• Like 5

EDPO:

Servie: Five in a Row is something you really should check out. They have a separate Bible supplement you might like. I should go add it to your other thread, too.

https://fiveinarow.com

How I did loop scheduling when I did Memoria Press last year was to lay out a 6 day schedule. We didn't do school on Saturday, though. I marked in my planner which day we were on. We covered a ton a material and the kids retained it.

Daily stuff was Math, Grammar, Spell/Vocab. The other subjects were like this:

Days 1, 3, 5: Writing, Classics, Science

Days 2, 4, 6: Literature, Geography, Art

Hmm... I thought I had something else witty to say but I guess I don't.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

EDPO:

Servie: Five in a Row is something you really should check out. They have a separate Bible supplement you might like. I should go add it to your other thread, too.

https://fiveinarow.com

How I did loop scheduling when I did Memoria Press last year was to lay out a 6 day schedule. We didn't do school on Saturday, though. I marked in my planner which day we were on. We covered a ton a material and the kids retained it.

Daily stuff was Math, Grammar, Spell/Vocab. The other subjects were like this:

Days 1, 3, 5: Writing, Classics, Science

Days 2, 4, 6: Literature, Geography, Art

Hmm... I thought I had something else witty to say but I guess I don't.

I was literally already looking because of your post on my thread in K-8! I had to wash dishes first before my energy burst went away. 🤣

• Like 3

Dh came home from work at lunchtime.  Sigh.  It's hard to get anything done now, and dd11 is sobbing "because she has to read her literature book but really because she has her first scout campout this weekend and is a little anxious about it".  

Dd11 is now taller than dd17.  Dd11 is off the chart on the upper end, and dd17 is off the chart on the lower end.  Where did these kids come from?  :laugh:

We're having Indian Butter Chicken for dinner tonight, except with mushrooms instead of chicken.  Dd17 will get ground beef in hers to help increase her iron level.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Youngest sure is curious about the potty, these days. Isn't he a bit young to be pointing into the toilet and to then trying to push off his diaper? I will do pregnant cartwheels if he decides to potty train before Itty Bitty arrives!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm not feeling sad anymore and actually have a sudden burst of energy that's got me a little bit concerned. Where'd it come from? And what should I do with it? QUICK before it goes away!

I washed dishes!!!

• Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Youngest sure is curious about the potty, these days. Isn't he a bit young to be pointing into the toilet and to then trying to push off his diaper? I will do pregnant cartwheels if he decides to potty train before Itty Bitty arrives!

DS got interested ~17 months. Apparently around 18 months is a really good time to try.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

DS got interested ~17 months. Apparently around 18 months is a really good time to try.

Well, he's almost there, so guess it makes sense. It's been a few years and I've forgotten some of the "whens" 

• Like 2

If he wants to try, go for it! Just don't expect full potty trained for a bit. He may want to try then not then try then not for a bit. It is mainly a muscle control thing they need to develop. Some kids do earlier than others.

I potty-trained myself at 16 months because I hated feeling wet. I was a strange child.

Edited by Paradox5
adding more blether
  • Like 3

I was literally already looking because of your post on my thread in K-8! I had to wash dishes first before my energy burst went away. 🤣

Yea! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

If he wants to try, go for it! Just don't expect full potty trained for a bit. 

Yep. He just hops up on his stool and stands there pretending to do something big. Then we flush and clap our hands and cheer. We only go when he shows interest. I'm not holding my breath. I figured he might show interest this summer, not now.

• Like 1

I feel a little guilty because I bought frozen pancakes for Pancake Tuesday (Mardi Gras). But just a little guilty.   I generally accept my preference for convenience, especially when it comes to busy weeknight dinners.  :biggrin:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We are planning to do escape rooms at camp this year for an activity.  One for the youngers and one for the teens.  There are tons of ideas on how to do one for parties and classrooms etc. on Pinterest.  I know because I've pinned them all!  The counselor who will most likely actually carry out the activity is very excited about it. 

I've done quite a few of them and they are really fun.   

The professional one we did today was fun and the kids did a great job but we didn't escape.   There were a couple of clues that I don't think you'd be able to figure them out unless you already knew about them.   I also realized that other than a few really big electronic boxes, mine aren't as lame as I thought.    A lot of the stuff was very similar to the kind of things I do.  

Dh is gone down to his moms, I'm having tortellini with roasted garlic alfredo for dinner and I have Spiderman:Far From Home, Avengers End Game and Zombieland 2 to watch this weekend.   Plus classes to work on and school to set up and cleaning to do.   But I"m going to do some movie watching and relaxing.  

• Like 5

I am walking with Juliet. We just walked by a dead deer mouse. Fortunately Juliet didn't see it.   If I wasn’t retired from homeschooling we would have studied it. Nature study!

• Like 4

I plotted out next week's menu, made a grocery list, sent dh to go buy the stuff, and then precooked the taco beef because its sell-by is today.  

Now I'm hiding with a cup of tea while he makes pizza.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am walking with Juliet. We just walked by a dead deer mouse. Fortunately Juliet didn't see it.   If I wasn’t retired from homeschooling we would have studied it. Nature study!

Ugh.  Reminds me of the frozen dead owl DH found on the way home from work a few years ago.  He saved it in a snowbank for a nature study that (thankfully) never happened, and I finally made him dispose of it after a spring thaw.  

• Like 3

I just spent a half an hour plus helping the little girls clean up their craft area.

Thankfully, there is chocolate in the house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

We’re having a Pride and Prejudice marathon. ❤️😊😜

Be right over!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Oh, Mr. Collins!  🤣😂  Oh, Mr. Bennett!! 🤣🤣

You have no compassion on my poor nerves!

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Spudater said:

Does this mean I can’t ship them off to JJM?

Dude. I go out of TOWN and y’all start trying to take away my lil campers? Not cool, peeps. <<insert tappy  toe dude here>>

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh came home from work at lunchtime.  Sigh.  It's hard to get anything done now, and dd11 is sobbing "because she has to read her literature book but really because she has her first scout campout this weekend and is a little anxious about it".  

Dd11 is now taller than dd17.  Dd11 is off the chart on the upper end, and dd17 is off the chart on the lower end.  Where did these kids come from?  :laugh:

We're having Indian Butter Chicken for dinner tonight, except with mushrooms instead of chicken.  Dd17 will get ground beef in hers to help increase her iron level.

Umm, Susan...after all those kids, I would have thought that you had figured that out.😳

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, JoJosMom said:

Dude. I go out of TOWN and y’all start trying to take away my lil campers? Not cool, peeps. <<insert tappy  toe dude here>>

Umm, Susan...after all those kids, I would have thought that you had figured that out.😳

Don't make me text you again, Missy!  

I got no response earlier.  Where's that toe-tapping guy??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Don't make me text you again, Missy!  

I got no response earlier.  Where's that toe-tapping guy??

ACK! Sorry! Running around a campus all day. Start veging in front of Food Network😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’s 8:22 and I am frustrated because I want to read, but I know if I start I will fall asleep. I hate these conundrums.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s 8:22 and I am frustrated because I want to read, but I know if I start I will fall asleep. I hate these conundrums.

Go for it!  What do you have to lose?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Go for it!  What do you have to lose?

I read. And didn’t fall asleep. Almost, but not quite. It doesn’t help that I out on soft jammies and am laying on the bed propped up by soft pillows and have my cozy Afghan to snuggle up under.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Ugh.  Reminds me of the frozen dead owl DH found on the way home from work a few years ago.  He saved it in a snowbank for a nature study that (thankfully) never happened, and I finally made him dispose of it after a spring thaw.  

I...*may* have done similar things a time or two...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Our former cat made friends with a wild bunny and sat with him every day out on the lawn for over a year before the rabbit let down its guard and our cat killed it. The kids and I dissected it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So tomorrow we’re going to a memorial “service” at a restaurant. (Sort of an Olive Garden type of a place). Most of the family is not religious. But the lady who invited us goes to our church. She wears nice slacks to church. So do I wear my black dress?  Or do I wear my infamous black Target pajama pants with my nice new flowy sweater that dh got for me on vacation?  (I hate making clothing decisions.)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our former cat made friends with a wild bunny and sat with him every day out on the lawn for over a year before the rabbit let down its guard and our cat killed it. The kids and I dissected it. 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Now THAT'S a patient cat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Junie said:

I just spent a half an hour plus helping the little girls clean up their craft area.

Thankfully, there is chocolate in the house.

You made it out alive!  Congratulations!  And thank you for following regulations...

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So tomorrow we’re going to a memorial “service” at a restaurant. (Sort of an Olive Garden type of a place). Most of the family is not religious. But the lady who invited us goes to our church. She wears nice slacks to church. So do I wear my black dress?  Or do I wear my infamous black Target pajama pants with my nice new flowy sweater that dh got for me on vacation?  (I hate making clothing decisions.)

New sweater!

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet and I hiked earlier. I am lying here in throbbing pain tonight. I am so tired that I can’t sleep. Just got up for pain reliever. 

Were you able to get some relief/sleep?  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Its Saturday!  I might go to Old Navy today.  I have never been to an Old Navy before but they are having a sale and I might see if they have something for dd11.  I am hoping dds didn't freeze last night.  It got down to 21 degrees, which is 16 degrees lower than my camping cold limit of acceptance.  They had double cold-weather sleeping bags and all the layers.  It's supposed to be mid-50's and sunny today, though! :smile:  We're going for a hike.  I need to do Some Things which I have been avoiding - 2 emails and tax refiling.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

We had a girls movie night last night and now I have the songs from The Little Mermaid on autoplay in my brain. 😞

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Weird pregnancy dream:  woman claiming to be my dh’s ex was all over him. I confronted her and she said she was going to steal my man. I was going to kick her butt but then I remembered I shouldn’t be getting in fistfights while pregnant.  Woke up angry. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Weird pregnancy dream:  woman claiming to be my dh’s ex was all over him. I confronted her and she said she was going to steal my man. I was going to kick her butt but then I remembered I shouldn’t be getting in fistfights while pregnant.  Woke up angry. 

No elephant ninjas? No bazookas?

That IS a weird dream. Huh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning!  Coffee!  The house is quiet since DD is getting ready for the day, dh is already out for a softball tournament, and the others are still sleeping.  The loudest noise this morning was the cat knocking a pen off of the kitchen table because she hadn't been fed yet.

We thought a hawk got our little bantam hen Thursday, but she was back last night.  Not sure where she hid, but just very thankful she is back.  Ds12 loves that chicken.  That's the second time a hawk has tried.

Ds12 and I are meeting friends for lunch.  Then I might take him to the eye doctor.

So much I should be doing in the house, but I think we will just goof off this weekend.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

No elephant ninjas? No bazookas?

That IS a weird dream. Huh.

Nah, in my dream I was planning on doing it old school, pulling her har and tackling her to the ground and sitting on her. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Morning.  Happy Saturday.   I"m getting ready to get to work cleaning my house.  Then I have to work on classes for this coming week.  I've been relaxing and lazy all week so now I have to do it all this weekend.    I want to get as much of the next 6 weeks planned out as possible.   Life is easier when I've planned ahead.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think there’s a life lesson in there somewhere.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Pants and sweater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!

Everyone is still asleep. I love this quiet time of the day. No major plans today. I do need to get the house cleaned up, though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Nah, in my dream I was planning on doing it old school, pulling her har and tackling her to the ground and sitting on her. 

I’m gonna stay away from you!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ds5 is sneaking about the house with the iPad, taking pics of DH's bum while DH flips pancakes, then editing said bum-pics with smiley faces using the stop motion app. 

There is a lot of giggling.  

Happy Saturday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m gonna stay away from you!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just stay away from my man, Krissi. 😉

For the record, I’ve never actually beat someone up!

Booyah!

Edited by Spudater
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Spudater said:

Don't pregnancy dreams feel so REAL?! I wake up all amped up on adrenaline and it takes me a while to get my bearings. Once I do, I'm exhausted.

• Like 3

Well, I think it's safe to say that I will never willingly set foot in an Old Navy again.  Their clothes are delightful, but the store is so freaking crowded and visually busy.  I went next door to Ross and probably won't go bck there either.  There was a sign on their dressing rooms redirecting customers to the non-existent dressing rooms at the front of the store.  So after that I stopped by my favorite thrift store and got myself a pair of $4 dress pants in my favorite color.  (Brown)  I now have 5 pairs of brown dress pants, but only 2 that fit me.  I should donate the others.

• Like 5