Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Toto - are you able to get bone broth?  I got a message from my Amazon subscription that they are out of stock and now I am totally out of my supply.  Ack!  How is Xena supposed to get stronger without being able to drink the crushed up bones of her enemies?! 

We just got some March 20th and our next delivery is due May 3rd.  The main page for it does say currently unavailable.   We actually have some stocked up because I ordered outside of our subscription because I wanted an extra to have at the science center for the days I workout with dd and have my tea there.  Since that's only twice a week at most, and it's just me not dh as well, that one lasts a really long time. 

Dh has been really really impressed with how much it helps.  He needs an ankle replacement or fusion, plus has knee issues and he says he can really tell the difference when he has it.   He's a lot less snarky when I say I learned something "on my boards" these days.     

• Like 5

Dh is down at his moms so I'm making quesadillas with leftover chicken for dd and I.  Ds will eat one of his usual standard prepared foods. 

One of the days he's gone I want to get Chipotle or Moe's burrito bowl with chips.  I haven't had either in a while and have a bit of a craving.  I'll have to see if the quesadillas satisfies the craving or not.

I've been pretty good all week.  Eating salads, oatmeal, lots of veggies.   Spring makes it so much easier to eat light and healthy.

• Like 5

My MS/HS Biology class today learned about mammals and dissected a brain.   We finished early and started talking about weird things people eat, leading to a discussion of how people figured out certain things were edible, and cultural differences in what is considered edible, then got into a discussion about intelligent animals, like octopi.  That led to what is civilization and couldn't certain animals have "civilization" even if it doesn't look like what we consider civilization?  

This is why I love teaching teenagers.  We can have some really fun and funky conversations.   Although I've had some similar conversations with tweens too.  

• Like 5

Jean - are you craving bananas?!?!

It's a Bananas Booyah!! 

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today should be a pretty normal Friday at home.  Girls have zoom music lessons and I have to pick up monthly meds for the puppy at our vet.  Other than those things I am planning to spend some quality time with the treadmill and video 3 of the kids playing a piece for a summer music camp application.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I never actually made a to-do list this week.  I wonder if I've accomplished anything?

Absolutely!  I know for sure you have done math with your kids and worked out some motivational things.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!

The portal finally opened. I’ve been trying to get in the last couple days and to no avail!!

I’ve had a horrible cold all week, but no time to just “be sick”. Work has been insane, my house is an absolute disaster, the tree guy just kinda does things on his own time (did y’all ever read “A Year in Provence” by Peter Mayle?  Remember his frustration with getting his house worked on? 😂 This is me and the tree guy), DH had a tooth extraction yesterday..... did I mention my house is an absolute disaster?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi is always going on about the bananas.  Lol.  I have no idea what it has to do with  the plague shots, but you just never know. 😂

Yes, when I got my plague shot I was pretty thrilled that I didn’t turn into a monkey. But you never know with anyone else, so you gotta ask about banana cravings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Bananas!

Where did that come from?

I have no bananas also, but I could have banana bread if I wanted, and now I want.

Other than that, status quo. Writing my fingers off, stressing some days, going on for others. 

I'm pretty sure if we have any bananas, they will only be good for baking with.  But I don't know if we actually have any.

Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

I only have two classes today and one of them I only have one student so it could be really awkward and hard, or very easy.   Could go either way with this student.  

After class I have to run ds home and pick up dd.  Dd is hanging out with an acquaintance that could lead to being a friend.  They were starting to connect before Covid but haven't really seen each other since then.   

• Like 4

Good morning!

I have been up since dark o'clock because puppy was outside my door very quietly growling to let us know we were being summoned.  Took him outside for a quick morning constitutional.  

It's damp and cloudy out but the rain seems to have stopped for now.  Dh will be out all day today and tomorrow having scout leader emergency training.  I have dog training class a little later this morning and that's it.  I'm thinking I should try to accomplish something today.  But not until coffee.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning, Happy Saturday.  I met with dd this morning for a long walk and some yoga.  Now I'm having my second cup of tea.  Today is laundry (already started), classes, maybe some light cleaning.  Tomorrow will be more laundry (probably), and some cleaning at the science center.   

I finished all the books I had borrowed on my kindle and I'm going to try and not get any more until I get a certain amount of work done.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I ordered myself s pair of glasses on Zenni.  Single vision for hiking, because hiking with bifocals is annoying.  They have this "try on" feature where you take a selfie and then see the frames on your face, but my eyesight is so bad that I couldn't see if I was lining my face up properly on my phone and had to have dh help me take the picture.  I am hoping the glasses are decent.

• Like 3

I mentioned that dd13 flew through her homeschool on Thursday because she had a project she wanted to work on.  She made a skirt. :)  Dd16 and I helped her a little bit, but she did most of it herself.  Now she wants to make another one.

IMG_4322.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nice skirt!  

Trophies to all who survived the week, got vaccinated, didn't crave bananas, did math, taught science, hiked hills, got new jobs, survived colds, and all the things!

And a trophy for me because I have almost finished our tax return.  😳 🎉 

I was avoiding the time it takes to log on here, but here I am.  Glad to see everyone is clicking along.  It is a rainy day here, but otherwise normal-ish. 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I made the mistake of fiddling with something while making dinner and then losing a part to that thing and couldn't find it because it went flying across the room and then in my hurry I stirred the spaghetti sauce too vigorously and meatballs went rolling and I was a bonafide southern hot mess.  But things got put back together and dh got home and found the missing part and the kitchen is cleaned up and I found a Lindt truffle and I ate it.

• Like 2

Morning.  I had plans to stay in bed until noon today.  Instead I was up at 7am.  That's not how this is supposed to work.  On the bright side, I actually slept pretty well last night, didn't feel like I was constantly up tossing and turning.  

Today's agenda (once I finish my second cup of tea):  set up school for the week (kids had "spring break" last week, actually "finish all the crap you didn't do when you were supposed to" week), then I'm running to the science center to do some straightening up/organizing/cleaning, then home to finish the laundry (just needs to be sorted/folded/put away), then back to planning classes for the week.  I have enough done that it's only little tweaks that are left.  

Dh will be arriving home some time today.   The weather is crappy- raining, foggy, blah - so he's waiting a little bit to see if it improves.  

I just mapped out the walk to our lake and it's 1.7 miles from home.  The first 1/3 mile (outside my neighborhood at least) is on a very busy road with no shoulder, no sidewalk, crazy drivers and bikers but since it's a pretty short distance I think it's worth doing.  The rest is back roads if I take that route.  Hilly, windy back roads but safer without much traffic.  

I'm trying to find interesting walks or at least ones that have a goal rather than just "walk around the neighborhood".  I think between the lake, working up to the science center from home, and walks with dd I should get lots of exercise.   At least once I have time for anything but the morning walks with dd.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am cold so I just wrapped myself in a blanket.  That's the nice thing about online church.

So snuggly!   

I am also cold.  Now that I'm home I can get a blanket.  3rd service was freezing -  I should have brought a coat.  Imma have some coffee now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm on a 13 day streak learning French in Duolingo. 🏆

I just hit a 13-day streak in my walking at home.  I've been trying to do a 2 or 3 mile walk most days.  This is the longest streak I've had this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morning. Baby kitten is still with us and doing a little better. I'm pretty well sleep-deprived, but trying to sleep when she sleeps between feedings. I don't know how I used to do this all the time, and all I can say is that I'm glad I only have possibly two weeks of gas, burping, and colicky baby vs six to nine months of it. Supposing she makes it, but she's got a tenacious drive to hang on to everything, and is already purring and trying to crawl out of her box. So, maybe? We'll see.

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Monday.  I slept like crap again.  I'm starting to think all signs point to sugar, especially crappy candy or baked goods sugar, is not a good thing in the evening.   It seems to keep me awake way worse than caffeine even.   Dark chocolate covered almonds don't seem to be a huge problem, but mint chocolate cookies or mint chocolate chip ice cream or caramel sauce on ice cream or peanut butter cups  all seem a bad idea (you can tell I"ve been researching this extensively).  Guess I need to tell dh I can only eat really expensive fine chocolates.  

• Like 4

I am back from The Big City.  The hospital complex is extremely complex, but I found my way eventually.  

In the mean time, dd14 found out that one of the dogs she walked a few times a month died and she is sad.  Dd18 got paperwork filled out for her new library job and she is going to see how long it takes to ride her bike there.

Also, dd14 found a wood thrush nest in a shrub in our yard with 4 little eggs in it.  So exciting!

Story time is about to start.  On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3