Menu

What's with the ads?

Random thought, NOT and EdPo:

Is it weird that I'm considering buying both volumes of CLP Streams of Civilization for myself? It just looks interesting to me for some reason.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have lost my oomph.  If you find it, please pop in an extra energy capsule before returning it to me. 

Finders keepers losers weepers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Mooooooommmmm!! Slache is hogging all the oomph! :angry:

It's not even working.

• Haha 4

Did I tell you how I set some tomatoes on fire yesterday?   I was sauteing them and the flame from the gas stove leaped over into the pan and they were a blazing glory.  Would have been much cooler if I hadn't been so startled.  I managed to push the pan over and the fire went out on it's own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Internet Po/

I'm tired of references to "Sunday Scaries" (supposedly a name given to the dread people feel Sunday afternoon/ evening about returning to work Monday morning.).  First of all that is the lamest name I have ever heard.  They couldn't think of something better to call it?  Second of all, rub some dirt on it, get back in the game, stop navel gazing, drink another cup of coffee and drive on.  Go team.  lol.  Third of all the hypocrite in me wants to say that as pansy as the whole thing sounds, there is no dread of Monday morning as bad as a homeschool mom who hasn't planned school, caught up on laundry, and gone to the grocery.  

/ end of warning

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Random thought, NOT and EdPo:

Is it weird that I'm considering buying both volumes of CLP Streams of Civilization for myself? It just looks interesting to me for some reason.

If possible, I suggest you see if you can borrow it from a friend  for a week to decide.  It may not be quite what you thought.

13 minutes ago, klmama said:

If possible, I suggest you see if you can borrow it from a friend  for a week to decide.  It may not be quite what you thought.

Thanks. I noticed that in an older thread after I posted. Maybe I'll see if a friend or the library has it.

I'm finding that no matter how much or how little rice I cook when making stuffed bell peppers, the quantity grows by leaps and bounds and we have a TON leftover for many days after.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm finding that no matter how much or how little rice I cook when making stuffed bell peppers, the quantity grows by leaps and bounds and we have a TON leftover for many days after.

I freeze leftover rice in small containers for future lunches with stir-fried leftovers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, klmama said:

I freeze leftover rice in small containers for future lunches with stir-fried leftovers.

I've never succesfully frozen rice before. It's always been mushy after it thaws or gets reheated. Anyway, mine is already mixed with all the goodies to stuff the peppers. I don't think I made an insane amount THIS time, but it just struck me how much extra I unintentionally make EVERY time.

53 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've never succesfully frozen rice before. It's always been mushy after it thaws or gets reheated. Anyway, mine is already mixed with all the goodies to stuff the peppers. I don't think I made an insane amount THIS time, but it just struck me how much extra I unintentionally make EVERY time.

Huh.  Mine tends to be a bit dry after reheating unless I add a tablespoon or two of water.  Maybe mine is drier before freezing.  

• Like 1

Dd7 helped me mud. There will be a little more sanding than I like, but not much.  She listened carefully and did a pretty good job, even with the taping!  She wants to be a builder when she grows up.  🥰 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

😱🔥🔥Edpo🔥🔥😱

everyone sufficiently warned? 😉

I planned out 7 weeks of 9th grade lit today (the bit I planned to tweak) and it only took 45 minutes and it was stimulating and satisfying.  Why did I psych myself out that I couldn’t do this and needed to buy a crutch?  Maybe next time I should trust my inner nerd  🤓

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I ated all the rice pudding. It was delicious.

Keeping up well with my revisions. I'm not entirely happy with all the cuts, but they aren't irritating me quite as badly as I'd feared. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I ated all the rice pudding. It was delicious.

Keeping up well with my revisions. I'm not entirely happy with all the cuts, but they aren't irritating me quite as badly as I'd feared. 

Someday when you're famous, people will be clamoring for the uncut version of all your novels.  

• Like 5

We are back from kids' orchestra.  Dd11 stayed home because her tummy felt bad.  I think it was just indigestion, but let her skip anyway just in case.  I need to go to Aldi tomorrow for some food staples.  

Goodnight Ladies!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, klmama said:

I second this.

I used to own the first volume. It was quite dry.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I didn’t go to city council 

Jeannie for President!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Internet Po/

I'm tired of references to "Sunday Scaries" (supposedly a name given to the dread people feel Sunday afternoon/ evening about returning to work Monday morning.).  First of all that is the lamest name I have ever heard.  They couldn't think of something better to call it?  Second of all, rub some dirt on it, get back in the game, stop navel gazing, drink another cup of coffee and drive on.  Go team.  lol.  Third of all the hypocrite in me wants to say that as pansy as the whole thing sounds, there is no dread of Monday morning as bad as a homeschool mom who hasn't planned school, caught up on laundry, and gone to the grocery.  

/ end of warning

My mom said it’s stupid to start dreading Monday on Sunday. It won’t stop Monday from coming and it just wrecks the rest of the weekend. Don’t think about Monday until Monday. Enjoy Sunday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

😱🔥🔥Edpo🔥🔥😱

everyone sufficiently warned? 😉

I planned out 7 weeks of 9th grade lit today (the bit I planned to tweak) and it only took 45 minutes and it was stimulating and satisfying.  Why did I psych myself out that I couldn’t do this and needed to buy a crutch?  Maybe next time I should trust my inner nerd  🤓

Care to share? I'm panicking!

• Like 2

I ordered foot patches and Greek and a model car John keeps asking about because it was $6, and I think something else that I forgot that I need but will be reminded when it gets here.

21 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I read that realistic schedule thread and now I’m wondering if I havea realistic schedule. 

I have a very realistic schedule.

2AM-11AM Sleep while children play Lord of the Flies

11AM-2PM School and play

2PM-6PM Sleep while children have quiet time and do chores

6PM-10PM Family time

10PM-2AM Vomit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

Care to share? I'm panicking!

Have you seen litcharts.com?  It’s pretty nice for summaries, themes, basic info.  I divided up thr Aeneid into four weeks and the first five books of Nicomachean Ethics into three weeks.  I’m planning on reading and notebooking along, falling back on litcharts if necessary. I came up with an essay assignment for each week (I’d read both books before and I was remembering things as I looked at the materials, maybe that helped).  So, for example her last essay for the Aeneid is to compare/contrast Odysseus and Aeneas, their characters and motivations. The essay topic for books 4-5 of NE is to explain Aristotle’s statement that “in justice all virtue is summed up” and to give examples. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I ordered foot patches and Greek and a model car John keeps asking about because it was $6, and I think something else that I forgot that I need but will be reminded when it gets here.

I have a very realistic schedule.

2AM-11AM Sleep while children play Lord of the Flies

11AM-2PM School and play

2PM-6PM Sleep while children have quiet time and do chores

6PM-10PM Family time

10PM-2AM Vomit

That’s too real, man. 😞
I hope you feel better soon. I’m going to take a TUMS and try to go to bed. 

• Like 2

Yeah- I'm still here. Just busy the past few days. Got the kids' USA passports mailed off. What fun that was! They all decided to bicker and be pills in the Post Office. I was so embarrassed. I'm still trying to figure a few things out school-wise; like all of language arts for Quiet Boy and The Girl. ASD Boy finished his Hake 5 book, so that is a huge win. Captain went all day today with no accidents! He even took himself- twice!

I made a mini Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie tonight. ASD Boy wouldn't even come out of his room while the rest of us were eating the main course. No leftovers, though! 

Did I miss anything?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Have you seen litcharts.com?  It’s pretty nice for summaries, themes, basic info.  I divided up thr Aeneid into four weeks and the first five books of Nicomachean Ethics into three weeks.  I’m planning on reading and notebooking along, falling back on litcharts if necessary. I came up with an essay assignment for each week (I’d read both books before and I was remembering things as I looked at the materials, maybe that helped).  So, for example her last essay for the Aeneid is to compare/contrast Odysseus and Aeneas, their characters and motivations. The essay topic for books 4-5 of NE is to explain Aristotle’s statement that “in justice all virtue is summed up” and to give examples. 

That looks like a really great site.  Thanks!

Is everything there free, or do you need a subscription?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Spudater said:

I hadn't seen that before. Pretty cool! Thank you.

Edited by Paradox5
typos
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Junie said:

That looks like a really great site.  Thanks!

Is everything there free, or do you need a subscription?

As far as I can tell, online viewing is free but you can pay to dowbload printable pdfs

• Like 4

I was thinking of the leftover stuffed pepper rice. What if you added broth, kidney beans, and celery and made it soup?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I managed to give myself a nasty ingrown toenail. 😡
boohooyah

Edited by Spudater
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I managed to give myself a nasty ingrown toenail. 😡
boohooyah

My feet are always so cold that I treat these at home with no meds. Freaks Matt out.

• Sad 3