Menu

What's with the ads?

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Hey, OBB, pay attention. You got a Booya/h!!

I was typing!

• Haha 1

Lemon meringue pie turned out so-so. I’m sure it will taste fine, but the meringue isn’t as fluffy as I would like it. Sigh. It’s always something. Chicken in a pot is in the oven and smells divine. I forgot to buy potatoes at the AFSA. I guess I’ll have to run to the little market.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That’s one cute little munchkin there!!

There. See? Shush.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m alive. We have transportation. Making chocolate chip pumpkin bread and sausage links for dinner because I’m too tired to make curry like I planned. 

• Like 5

My Kolbe lit course plans came. My first thought is that I’m underwhelmed. But I’m tired and a cranky (had lunch two hours late bc we got busy looking at cars) so maybe it’s me. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

My Kolbe lit course plans came. My first thought is that I’m underwhelmed. But I’m tired and a cranky (had lunch two hours late bc we got busy looking at cars) so maybe it’s me. 

Edupo. You’ve been warned!

I have never met a lit guide that I liked. I do like annotated editions though.

can you return them?

• Like 2

DH came home early to give me a chance to get out by myself. It was heavenly. It’s amazing what one hour and Goodwill do to refresh the spirit. Now I have to go get some studying done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I just made my first batch of elderberry syrup. I may have to freeze some because I went a little crazy and ended up making an entire gallon. This was super easy and way cheaper than the store bought stuff. I sure hope it tastes good when I let the children try it in the morning. Oldest wanted to try it before bedtime because he said it smells good. At the time, it was still boiling hot and I hadn't added the honey yet. 😂

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, mms said:

Edupo. You’ve been warned!

I have never met a lit guide that I liked. I do like annotated editions though.

can you return them?

Nope they’re course plans and can’t be returned. 

Do edpos apply to undetailed school whinging?  I didn’t think we’d been that strict with them in the past.  

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I just made my first batch of elderberry syrup. I may have to freeze some because I went a little crazy and ended up making an entire gallon. This was super easy and way cheaper than the store bought stuff. I sure hope it tastes good when I let the children try it in the morning. Oldest wanted to try it before bedtime because he said it smells good. At the time, it was still boiling hot and I hadn't added the honey yet. 😂

Which brand did you end up getting.

Just now, Spudater said:

Nope they’re course plans and can’t be returned. 

Do edpos apply to undetailed school whinging?  I didn’t think we’d been that strict with them in the past.  

No idea. I put it up as newb insurance lol

• Like 2

I never set up the kids' school for tomorrow.  But I can do it first thing in the morning before they wake up so it will be fine.  I have a bunch of cleaning and rearranging I want to do this week to hopefully find a better way to keep track of things.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s just Betty Crocker. And it’s kind of labor intensive, but it makes a good pie!

3FA8C36A-97DD-49FC-8DD1-A11DA5147180.jpeg

36247C94-1DA6-4FE0-B2F8-41116681B537.jpeg

I have only made the Betty Crocker 1983 or earlier one.  I don't like them, but she does.  Now chocolate meringue is a different story.  But I peel off the meringue.  

51 minutes ago, mms said:

Which brand did you end up getting.

Not sure. A natural foods market about a half hour away sells them dried in the bulk section so I had a friend buy me a half pound while she was there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I have only made the Betty Crocker 1983 or earlier one.  I don't like them, but she does.  Now chocolate meringue is a different story.  But I peel off the meringue.  

This Betty Crocker I got for my wedding in 2002. It’s the bridal edition. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

My kids complained at the disgusting smell for 3 days.  It wasn't what I'd call pleasant! :laugh:  They will take it, though, without too much fuss.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

This Betty Crocker I got for my wedding in 2002. It’s the bridal edition. 

Oh, wait!  I just looked.  It was apparently the 1978 version.  It was in a binder and I got.it in 1983 at my wedding shower.  

That's cool!  I didn't know there was a bridal version 

• Like 1

I just got off an 18 minute phone call with audible because they're being butts but I got a free credit so yay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Can I go back on vacation?

Yes, but you have to take Juliet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My kids complained at the disgusting smell for 3 days.  It wasn't what I'd call pleasant! :laugh:  They will take it, though, without too much fuss.  

Both children like it! Oldest says the only things good about being sick right now is less schoolwork and more elderberry syrup. Youngest kept fussing and reaching for more. Since they both like it, I may keep them on it year round, not just during sick season. The honey is great for seasonal allergies.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

I got up at dark o'clock to see the older two out the door, but finally having coffee now.  Ahhhhhh, coffee.  

• Like 6

Morning.  Need to set up at least a little bit of school this morning, run out to the bank, stop by the science center, clean, finish laundry.

Ds wrote a note asking not to be woken up, while dd is already awake and running laps around her room.   I was trying to keep us on a normal schedule this week because we get so far off when I'm off.  But I must admit, I didn't get up at 6:30.  I set my alarm for 8 and woke up before it went off.   

I really want to get a bunch of stuff done this week.  Once we're back, I don't have another break for 6 weeks. 

• Like 4

Good morning!  Having coffee while DC get ready for the day.  I had to get up and move to the couch during the night.  It was too hot in the house (we had the windows open, but there wasn't a lot of air moving) and I knew ds12 had his little tabletop fan by the couch, so I moved and turned the fan on.  Much better!

Working this morning while ds12 and ds33 are at school.  Then I'll bring dc home to stay with ds33 and put some lasagna in the crock pot and set up school tasks for DC.  

Tennis tonight, but might get rained out.  We're skipping choir tonight.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!

I have a cut-and-color this morning, then school & work. One family to visit this afternoon, but lots of other junk to do. DS has a baseball game, too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Both children like it! Oldest says the only things good about being sick right now is less schoolwork and more elderberry syrup. Youngest kept fussing and reaching for more. Since they both like it, I may keep them on it year round, not just during sick season. The honey is great for seasonal allergies.

You must have the tasty recipe!  Ours just tastes like overly honey-sweet prune syrup.

• Like 1

Good morning!

We are back to normal lessons today.  I have some projects that need to be done in the next week or so but my head is thoroughly stuck in the sand.  I did get the laundry folded and put away this morning.  Go me!

Coffee!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You must have the tasty recipe!  Ours just tastes like overly honey-sweet prune syrup.

It just occurred to me that maybe it tastes better because the friend who gave me her recipe said she omits the ginger, cinnamon, and cloves while pregnant. Not sure why she does this but I didn't question it. I just made our first batch with only the berries, water, and honey. I put a quart in the fridge and froze the rest.

14 hours ago, Spudater said:

I’m alive. We have transportation. Making chocolate chip pumpkin bread and sausage links for dinner because I’m too tired to make curry like I planned. 

To heck with the lesson plans, DID YOU BUY A CAR??? Spill it, sister!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Happy Tuesday!  

We are on break this week, because the public schools are too and so all our extra-curriculars are canceled.  Woo-hoo! The girls woke up and made a coffee cake (and then did dishes!) so I'm eating my slice right now.     I'm planning on mudding the last wall in the laundry room, which will take the better part of the week. 

Coffee!!  And Cake!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

To heck with the lesson plans, DID YOU BUY A CAR??? Spill it, sister!

Lol, you can guess I’m not a car person. So...we actually bought two cars and traded in our van thatwas on its last legs. We saw a Chrysler that was what we were looking for (used enough to be affordable, but still looked reliable) for a couple thousand less than we had budgeted for. And we saw a camry that was a little more than wehad planned on, butsince the van was a little lessit balanced out. The weird thing for me to get used to is that the van is too new to have a CD player. I may have to figure out current technology. FirstIguess Ihave to find out what that would be. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Happy Tuesday!  

We are on break this week, because the public schools are too and so all our extra-curriculars are canceled.  Woo-hoo! The girls woke up and made a coffee cake (and then did dishes!) so I'm eating my slice right now.     I'm planning on mudding the last wall in the laundry room, which will take the better part of the week. 

Coffee!!  And Cake!

Nice! I’m jealous. I planned our spring breakfor the weekof St. Pat’s bc of all the IrishDance performances. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Only if it is local honey, though

• Like 4

Morning. About to descend into the depths of the revision forest. Hopefully I won't catch poison ivy or be bitten by a snake.

Other than that, same old thing here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I sure wish the kids would hurry up and finish their lessons so I can use the computer.

Humph. How RUDE they are!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Only if it is local honey, though

Yep! We have a dear friend who keeps a few hives around his farm less than 10 miles from our house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Humph. How RUDE they are!

I know!  Like their math learnin' is more important than my children's choir quodlibet! :dry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We need the Camp Preppers Song!

Camp preppers sing this song
Doo da, doo da
Camp prepping's the way to go
All the doo da day.

Going to prep all morn,
Going to prep all day
I bet my money I'll be sick of this song
By the end of the day!

(Jean 7/2017)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

56 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yep! We have a dear friend who keeps a few hives around his farm less than 10 miles from our house.

Jealous!

It’s a sweet honey BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I know!  Like their math learnin' is more important than my children's choir quodlibet! :dry:

If we wuz in2 book larnin we wudnt be homescroolin, amirite???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4