• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Good morning!

Thank you for the reminders!  I have to check to see what time they start accepting donations.  I think it's 9:00.  Then library book pickup and Aldi.  We have no bread.  It's supposed to be super warm today!

Coffee!

It's a Good Tuesday Morning Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT

a happy lucky posting family

We are ITT

Get up everybody and sing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I went and did yoga with dd for the first time in like 3 weeks (she had Covid and we just happened to skip the week before she got sick).  The big break definitely shows.  I am soooo sore.   It's not like I've been doing nothing, I've been doing Tai Chi almost every day (okay, not last week so much).  Definitely need to not take long breaks anymore.  

I went out and did yoga, now I"m back home having tea and breakfast waiting for younger dd's first tele-therapy appointment at 9:30am.   She wants to try meds for her adhd (although I think her ped's referral also mentions anxiety).  She has 5 weekly appointments that I think are kind of intake appointments to evaluate.   We'll see how it goes. 

I teach 3 classes today.  I'm actually doing the same activity in 2 of them.  I'm not sure it that's going to make things easier or harder (it's a semi-messy activity).  

• Like 4

Morning. It's sunny and might hit 70F today. Yay! Bye-bye snow!

Today we are going to get through the day as well as we can and then go grill this evening. Haven't seen my family since my Mom got COVID, but she's over it now and the rest of the house didn't get it and tested negative some weeks back. So in light of the nice weather, we'll go socially distance on the deck and have hamburgers.

• Like 4

Adventures in Grocery Shopping!

My shopping list app struck again!  This time, halfway through Aldi, everything on my checklist disappeared.  But the items didn't just go back to the master list, they disappeared from the app altogether.  😡  I don't know what happened.  So I did the best I could and forgot several items and have told ds25 that he is required to make me a new shopping list app according to my specifications and it needs to be done in the next 8 days and  I will make dh go to the store to get the missed items.  

I went to the food bank/thrift store but I was too tired and hungry after all that to go to the library.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I feel pretty good today, but my right foot is really unhappy.  I had to baby it a little bit last night while I was doing my walking.  I almost didn't do any exercise, but I really need to lose some weight (which will be better for my arthritis long term).  It's kind of a tricky balance and I might have guessed wrong last night.

• Like 5

Good morning!

(((Junie))) Yay for the attempt!  You put me to shame, lol.

How is the bathroom, Whitehawk?

I have to leave in 15 minutes for Chester's vet checkup.  He threw up what looks like a wad of his toys overnight, silly pup.  He puffy heart luvs going to the vet.  I don't know why - we've never even been in the building due to plague protocol.  After that I'll run some errands that I have been putting off forever.

Coffee!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

(((Junie))) Yay for the attempt!  You put me to shame, lol.

How is the bathroom, Whitehawk?

I have to leave in 15 minutes for Chester's vet checkup.  He threw up what looks like a wad of his toys overnight, silly pup.  He puffy heart luvs going to the vet.  I don't know why - we've never even been in the building due to plague protocol.  After that I'll run some errands that I have been putting off forever.

Coffee!

Um, you walk with your puppy every day, you hike, and you've lost how much weight?  No, I don't put you to shame.  You are an inspiration. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Um, you walk with your puppy every day, you hike, and you've lost how much weight?  No, I don't put you to shame.  You are an inspiration. 🙂

Yes, but except for a couple of minor issues, I don't have any real excuses for not doing all the things.  You, on the other hand, have to juggle and work through a lot just to get basics done!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So this morning I put on one shoe and for the life of me, couldn't find my other sock.  I searched high and low.  

Guess where it was?

Chester?!?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Junie said:

Chester?!?!

Good guess!

2 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

In my case, it would likely be in my hand.

Also good guess!

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

If it were me, it would be on my foot.

Yes, it was already on my foot!  🙄  Uff da.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Whole Foods has been out of their big bottle of stevia liquid for more than a month, so I gave up and brought a small dropper bottle of 365 French vanilla stevia in hopes it would be fine for coffee.  It's the weirdest stuff - thick and goopy and nearly useless with a dropper (why would they put vegetable glycerine in it?) and after trying a bit I realized that the bottle didn't have any seal or anything on it.  Also when you put the dropper back on, the stuff oozes out the cap and all over the outside of the bottle.  I wonder if I can return it.

I did twenty-five minutes of muddy weeding.  It's actually a very nice kind of weeding because the muddy soil is soft and the weeds come right up but the sun is shining so I'm not out in yucky rain like I was last night when I was grilling. 

Between volunteering this morning and then the gardening I already have my step goal at 2:30 p.m. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Morning. I have no rabbits in my house. Also no chickens. Yes, I'm still happy about that.

I've got a reading schedule today that makes me feel swamped, but I'll get through it. Got critiques and a review due this Sunday. 

My guess on the sock was going to be in the dryer. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Godspeed, Junie - you can do it!

Hey Slache! What's for dinner?

I dropped off high schoolers at tutorial and am now back home.  Need to banish goat and do stuff.

Coffee!

Chicken sweet potato poppers and sauerkraut salad. Why you boggled by kitteness?

Edited by Slache
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yummy!

The post was completely blank before.  I see it now!  Kitties are nice.  I don't know anything about kitties.

How odd.

Mary's been wanting one. I want our emergency saving restocked first. She wants a brown tabby.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Slache said:

How odd.

Mary's been wanting one. I want our emergency saving restocked first. She wants a brown tabby.

Oldest wants one. Of the dog variety. I'm mean because I said no to both due to allergies. I compromised, though. We now have fish. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Thanks 2

Dishes done, laundry folded, floors swept, schoolwork half done so we're on a snack break playing tangrams while Newbie takes his late morning nap. Contemplating next year's curriculum since Oldest threw a monkey wrench in my plans and read ALL The. Books for reading and keeps jumping ahead and reading extra lessons in history. So much for it lasting 2 school years. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest wants one. Of the dog variety. I'm mean because I said no to both due to allergies. I compromised, though. We now have fish. 

We have allergies and asthma. We have a dog and she does not bother anyone. The cat will bother my husband and possibly son. I'm finally buying the stupid Roomba I always claim I'm going to buy, it will be short haired and I will probably bathe it once a month. I'm talking about the cat now, not the Roomba. We used to have two cats and I bathed them monthly and it worked.

43 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I have never heard of this.

https://unboundwellness.com/sweet-potato-chicken-poppers-paleo-aip-whole-30/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9456/sauerkraut-salad/

• Like 3

Thanks for the recipe, Slachie! You're very creative in the kitchen! 

Pre-allergies, we used to have a cat (gray tabby) until she passed of old age. Got her as a wild kitten. She was entertaining and a true blessing. She was the best pet ever for Oldest when he was a baby. We were concerned how she would react when we brought him home from the hospital, but she thought she was his mommy and became his best friend. We had a harness for her and used to walk her the same as others walk their dog. She had her routine and scratched specific trees on her rounds. She liked catching live critters and bringing them to us until I screamed my head off once and scared a couple lives out of her. In my defense, she brought me a live mouse (to my bedroom!) first thing in the morning before I was fully awake. She also LOVED watching the big kitties (tigers, lions, ect) on TV. She'd attack the TV like a real tough kitty. 🤣

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1