Menu

What's with the ads?

We have a Christmas term tradition of eating nutella while watching a Shakespeare movie. 🙂

booyah

Edited by Spudater
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Spudater said:

We have a Christmas term tradition of eating nutella while watching a Shakespeare movie. 🙂

booyah

She spelled it right!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

She spelled it right!!!!

I like the symmetry of having three letters for each syllable 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I like the symmetry of having three letters for each syllable 

And it looks more Biblical with the h.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I think I have to argue with someone on the phone today. Not looking forward to it. 

I think our parish is going to want us to take another baptism class for this baby. On top of the two baptism classes we’ve taken for previous babies. And the classes we took as children and to get Confirmed supposedly to teach us the faith. Honestly, it’s like you were forced to attend a super crappy public school that has the power to force you to come back and make you take even more classes for every major life event “just in case you forgot how to read and count, a lot of people do , you know!” Yes, bc you wasted years of my life trying to be fun and relevant and pc instead of actually trying to teach the faith. So I’m prob going to end up brandishing my theology degree, which always makes me feel like an arrogant jerk. 

It's like the nurses trying to teach me how to breastfeed after I'd already nursed (several kids) for 30+ months.

"But newborns are different than toddlers..."  "Maybe you don't remember..."

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I've never had nutella.

It's overrated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

And it looks more Biblical with the h.  🤣

... goes off to search for booyah in the Bible...

Seems like something Joseph might have said to his brothers when he revealed his identity to them in Egypt...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, maize said:

Seems like something Joseph might have said to his brothers when he revealed his identity to them in Egypt...

Yes, I read about this from Josephus.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Renai said:

It's overrated.

I don't need another vice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like this thread because it gives me an opportunity to use the raised eyebrow like.

we are taking a cleaning week break and I’m on here instead of decluttering.

• Like 9

My children are cleaning. I'm organizing comments by chapter and scene for individual work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I don't need another vice.

You're not missing anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Nutella.  I grew up eating it and was so happy when it finally came to the United States.  I can't eat it though because it would literally kill me by raising my bloodsugars too high. 

• Sad 6

I made some sausage/cheese muffins for the freezer (quick meals for me) and went to Joann where I spent way too much on a zipper foot. Remind me next time to get it on Amazon.  It is still raining.  Grow, little plants, grow!

Speaking of plants, Lynette is down to 2 leaves, though I see some teeny tiny bud development, so there is still hope!  I gave her some early spring fertilizer.

• Like 8

Well that phone calldid not go well. Not only didthe secretary insist on the class she doesn’t want to schedule the baptismuntil the baby is alreadyborn. I guess I’ll be making a nuisance of myself to the priest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Mailed mine and Scotsman’s passport renewals.

Checked out some Apartments. 
https://www.thepointevrtc.com/

Got Quiet Boy’s passport photo taken.

Did a short AFSA run for 2 items. The one close to me is creepy. I should have gone to the one further up the road.

Captain had an accident thankfully on the tile. Now he wants to go around naked.

Scotsman sent his cover letter and resume to the hiring manager in Scotland! Prayers, please!

Mac-n-Meat with gf noodles for dinner.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

Mailed mine and Scotsman’s passport renewals.

Checked out some Apartments. 
https://www.thepointevrtc.com/

Got Quiet Boy’s passport photo taken.

Did a short AFSA run for 2 items. The one close to me is creepy. I should have gone to the one further up the road.

Captain had an accident thankfully on the tile. Now he wants to go around naked.

Scotsman sent his cover letter and resume to the hiring manager in Scotland! Prayers, please!

Mac-n-Meat with gf noodles for dinner.

I confused Captain and Scotsman.

• Haha 7

Audible is offering me 4 months at $8 each so imma get some new books for the kids.

Suggestions?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

Audible is offering me 4 months at $8 each so imma get some new books for the kids.

Suggestions?

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, Anne of Green Gables

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have no scissors so I’m stuck here waiting and unable to work on my embroidery project. 

Did I mention that they removed the beer from the beer taps in ds24’s office and replaced it with kombucha and fancy sparkling mineral waters? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

Suggestions?

The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mms said:

So, I’ve been ignoring this thread for years but here for the past week or so I finally delved in. I really need to get back to ignoring y’all again, but now I can’t... ugh.

Welcome MMS!  Your username has me drooling for chocolate that melts in my mouth, not in my hand. 

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, maize said:

...or something King David would've said to Michal in 2 Samuel. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Did I mention that Carolyn Weber, author of Surprised by Oxford is coming to speak at my church next month?  So so excited!!  I highly recommend the book.

Thanks, Susan!  I just put this on hold at the library.  Looks great!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Smooth and creamy spreadable hazelnut chocolate yumminess. Mmmm

I said this based on memory alone. I don't think I've actually had Nutella in the last 5 years. It's one of those rare treats. Not really sure why. Maybe my inner health nut keeping me on the straight and narrow?

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

DH took the girls to choir and the boys to the gym.  I am relishing the silence after a very long day.

Anyone have suggestions on speeding up a 12 year-old boy who is suddenly doing everything at a snail's pace?  It's like dragging a one-legged zombie through an endless swamp of molasses. I'm assuming it's a symptom of Preteen Syndrome.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

DH took the girls to choir and the boys to the gym.  I am relishing the silence after a very long day.

Anyone have suggestions on speeding up a 12 year-old boy who is suddenly doing everything at a snail's pace?  It's like dragging a one-legged zombie through an endless swamp of molasses. I'm assuming it's a symptom of Preteen Syndrome.  

Tazers.

Regular exercise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Food?! Favorite foods are always a great motivator to an endless pit teen, so why not for a pre-teen? If I start baking brownies, my 9yr moves a LOT faster! 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Regular exercise we can do.  (He's racquet balling right now.)

Tazer I'll have to buy.  Look! Super Cute!

Buy me one too!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Food?! Favorite foods are always a great motivator to an endless pit teen, so why not for a pre-teen?

Sadly this is my super picky sensory guy.  But I should definitely rethink motivators for him (chocolate chips used to work but they don't anymore).  

• Like 2

I napped.

I love Nutella on toast. Takes me back to living in the Netherlands. Everything was hazelnut. The Girl eats it cold with a spoon.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 3

I got some mysteries at the library. Hoping to get lost in a good book and emerge less cranky. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The big library in the capital is fixing to start charging all the out-of-town patrons 54$ a year to use the library. 

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Trying rearranging the day / doing things backwards?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Y'all.  I'm still here and still alive, just really really busy and really really tired.  It's almost bedtime and I have to jump in the shower but I wanted to pop in and say hello and catch up a little bit. 

I love hazelnut and chocolate but nutella isn't my favorite.  Ferrero Rocher and Ritter sport dark chocolate with hazelnut are my favorites. 

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Junie said:

It's like the nurses trying to teach me how to breastfeed after I'd already nursed (several kids) for 30+ months.

"But newborns are different than toddlers..."  "Maybe you don't remember..."

Sigh.

That’s like my late uncle. He went on a cruise once to Hawaii. They were giving him directions on how to put on life jackets and he kept doing it “wrong”. They called hm on it and he had to let them know he was a WWII veteran who spent 12 hours floating around in the South Pacific after his ship was torpedoed and sunk. He was pretty sure he knew how to use a life jacket.

• Like 9

I need car advice. We got our car at sticker price because we were $6,000 in the hole with our van. Our plan was to have this car for a very long time and if you'll remember we were in a really bad place and bought a car very quickly because Matt needed to work. I think 3 days. Now I'm pregnant (unplanned) with a child who will not fit in our car. What would you do? Options we are considering:

1. Trading in for a hybrid van.

2. Buying a $2,000 van on Craigslist, keeping our car.

We think option 1 is best for our family for several reasons including better gas mileage, less insurance, reliable family car. We view option 2 as sort of a backup plan. I will take thoughts on both ideas as well as new ideas.

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I need car advice. We got our car at sticker price because we were $6,000 in the hole with our van. Our plan was to have this car for a very long time and if you'll remember we were in a really bad place and bought a car very quickly because Matt needed to work. I think 3 days. Now I'm pregnant (unplanned) with a child who will not fit in our car. What would you do? Options we are considering:

1. Trading in for a hybrid van.

2. Buying a $2,000 van on Craigslist, keeping our car.

We think option 1 is best for our family for several reasons including better gas mileage, less insurance, reliable family car. We view option 2 as sort of a backup plan. I will take thoughts on both ideas as well as new ideas.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

Not all at once now.

Sorry.  I was reading Agatha Christie.  And cleaning the kitchen.  And taking a shower.

Questions:

Will you have two parking spaces at your new apartment?

Will Matt continue to Uber?

When (ahem 😉 ) he gets another job, what is the likelihood that you will be able to drive in the next few years?  (I know that you don't drive now.)

How much money will you lose if you trade in your vehicle?

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

Questions:

Will you have two parking spaces at your new apartment?

Will Matt continue to Uber?

When (ahem 😉 ) he gets another job, what is the likelihood that you will be able to drive in the next few years?  (I know that you don't drive now.)

How much money will you lose if you trade in your vehicle?

No.

Yes.

None, but he will most likely still uber on the side.

Don't know yet. Calling bank this week and speaking to a salesman afterward.

A hybrid van should be the same payment (ish), will be less gas money, will be more uber money.

• Like 2