Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning, Happy Saturday.   I slept in a little bit today, until just after 9am.  Dh had already gone grocery shopping and gotten back before I woke up.  Once we finish tea/coffee, we're heading to the science center so he can clean tanks and I can do some rearranging.     I'm off classes this week but I'm going to work on class or homeschool or house stuff every day.  Too many of my times off I spend too much of it relaxing and I can't do that.  This is my last break until Memorial Day and it will go a lot easier if I have as much finalized as possible.  

• Like 3

We're supposed to have three days of ice storms so we'll see how it actually goes, but we're supposed to go to my mom's for dinner tomorrow for Valentine's Day.  We don't really celebrate except dh cooks a nicer dinner than the type he cooks every other day of the year.    

ETA:  An icy booya. (that took refreshing three times to see, ugh).

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3

Good morning!

I was awake from 2:30-5:30, so I slept late, too.  It's Saturday!  It's cold!  Ds16 has scouts this afternoon and dd12 is planning to make Valentine's Day thumbprint cookies for her Sunday School class.  I have my zoom mandolin class tonight.  Nothing else is going on.  Except

Coffee!!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!

I slept and slept and slept. 

Today,y little girls are going to decorate Valentine’s cookies at my Aunt’s house, oldest DD has play practice and a birthday party. Somewhere in there I need to go t9 the grocery store and clean house.

All you people buried under snow can come see me. Weather is nice, daffodils are blooming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quesadillas for dinner tonight.  At least I"m having quesadillas.  Dh is probably having a burrito and dd likely is having tacos.  Same filling just in a different form.  

We made the decision to not move the business.   As much as I love the one location we saw, it needs a ton of work and looking at their past lease, it's really unlikely the landlords are going to be willing to give us a good deal on getting it done.  Plus with their past lease, the rent went up by a decent percentage every year.   Our rent will go up this year but not that much and it will then stay the same for 3 years when it could go up again for a final three years (we have a really good lease).   Only bad thing is we really could use more space, but we can increase the classes we offer, in particular the simultaneous classes for different ages that people really seem to want.  Plus staying means I can cut my hours (I'll be hiring another teacher) and be able to sit with the kids for school more.  The longer stay-at-home goes on, the worse they seem to be getting at doing their schoolwork when I'm not there.   And I'm not willing to have them sit at the science center with me more, which is what I would have done in the past.  

I had to send a message to a friend about payment for the current session and feel super duper awkward about it.  I'm sure she just forgot but she is the last one to pay and I want to close down the books.   That's probably the part I hate the most.  

• Like 3

Morning. It's 15F out. That's too danged cold, is all I'm saying.

I was able to get 4 hours of sleep, then got up to walk the dogs, tended the fire, slept another four, at what point my brain decided that was enough. It's not, but my brain thinks it is right now.

My chickens are still alive. I hear them complaining. They now have two heat lamps and straw in which to burrow (I have burrowing chickens, and no I didn't know they would do that), but it's very cold. Getting colder. No snow yet, but we are getting ready for it to come in this afternoon.

It's extremely February in the house. I planned a week off, and wouldn't you know, it's the coldest, snowiest, most horrible week in which to get out of the house. Wish me luck. I've a feeling I'll have grumbles all week about my poor ability to schedule weeks off for good weather.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Change of plans.  Ds25 called and said the roads to the church are a sheet of ice.  I can hear someone trying to get up the hill outside.  We're going to wait and see if the roads improve in an hour and maybe make it to Sunday school.  Dh is going out to see if he can help that car get where they're going.

Dd12 will be so disappointed if we can't get to Sunday School - she made Valentine's Day cookies for her class.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 2

Good morning. Coffee. We have doughnuts with sprinkles for Valentines Day.

Weather is February Standard Issue: 34F with rain all day. One of us will have to drop off the food for the food drive at some point.

I've started a gf sourdough. Wish me luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunday school was cancelled, which means WE get to eat the cookies!!  Ds25 came home between services and I went back with him to help in the nursery during 2nd service.  Third service was cancelled.  Some roads have been salted, so it's a little less slippery, but snow is supposed to start this evening and continue until tomorrow.  Could be a genuine snow!!  Good thing no one has to go anywhere for the next few days.

• Like 1

Did I tell you about the ultralight ukulele case I made for backpacking?  I'm using the water-resistant bag that my Waterman uke came in and cut a strip off a yoga mat for padding on the inside.  With the soprano ukulele and a small song/chord book, everything together only weighs 22 oz.  

I think that brings my pack base weight to about 23 lbs.  I will have to add about 5 lbs in water and 10 lbs in food and crew gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also, we have had an entire week without Sir Pups-a-lot whining or barking in the middle of the night or even early in the morning. It's been wonderful.  He has also, for some reason, not destroyed things in the night.  He only does that in the daytime. 🙄

Now if only I could keep these hot flashes from waking me at all hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

We have snow in KY and so many things are canceled or virtual today.  I might be home long enough to do housework.  (Ack!  Run away!  Run away!)  How is everyone?  Coffee's almost gone, but I'll probably make some decaf in a bit.  

❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Also, Happy President's Day!

We are getting more sleet, but are hopeful for real snow this afternoon.  And all that yuck that Texas is getting now should be here by Wednesday.  The Youngest Two have made themselves French toast for breakfast and are now getting dressed to scout out possible sleet-sledding locations.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning.   Last night's ice seems to have been a bust but we are supposed to get more today so we'll see if that happens.   I'll have to look when it's supposed to be bad.  

I had strawberry, banana, chocolate chip pancakes today.  Dh usually does pancakes on Sundays but waited until today this week.   

I slept in again, I'm having tea and breakfast, then I'll work on classes.  I'm also working on making my own digital planner in Powerpoint, to use in Google Slides so I can access it on my tablet as well as my laptop.    I probably won't finish that until the end of the week or even next week because classes have to be priority. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

It’s a Holiday!!! Woohoo!!!!

And I was finally able to get on the Boards. I do not know what the deal is. I could not get on at all yesterday. I’d click on General Education and my screen would just go white and that was it.

I’m sorry for all you people in the deep freeze. Somehow California missed it all. Dry as a bone. 60 degrees. Early tree fruit is blooming. We’re going to the zoo today.

• Like 4

Bill Bryson, on the preservation of English hedgerows: We’re not talking here about “nostalgia for a non-existent golden age.” We’re talking about something that is green and living and incomparably beautiful. So if one more person says to me, “Hedgerows aren’t really an ancient feature of the landscape, you know,” I shall very likely punch him in the hooter.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2