Menu

What's with the ads?

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

XFL  Extreme Football League!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

😍🏈😍

We are watching the Tampa Bay Vipers vs. the New York Guardians RIGHT NOW!  

On Fox.  

Hey, DS12 is watching XFL too! I think he's rooting for the Vipers.  No idea why.

I'm reading in bed, with tea, and thinking about taking a nap but thought I'd say hi to ITT first.   So....Hi!

ETA:  An XFL Booyah!! 🏈

Edited by lots of little ducklings
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Hey, DS12 is watching XFL too! I think he's rooting for the Vipers.  No idea why.

I'm reading in bed, with tea, and thinking about taking a nap but thought I'd say hi to ITT first.   So....Hi!

ETA:  An XFL Booyah!! 🏈

Now the TX Renegades are playing.  Evidently their offensive coordinator is Hal Mumme, former UK Head Coach.  

• Like 1

I'm listening to Jim Croce.  You don't mess around with Jim! 

I am also washing dishes.  Or at least I'm supposed to be washing dishes.  I will get up again and will wash some more as soon as I hit post. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Now the TX Renegades are playing.  Evidently their offensive coordinator is Hal Mumme, former UK Head Coach.  

Who all did he offend as coordinator?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Edpo:

For a brief moment, I started considering Konos again, but Slash talked me down.

/end Edpo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Renai said:

Edpo:

For a brief moment, I started considering Konos again, but Slash talked me down.

/end Edpo

Anything I can do to further ruin your plans. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Anything I can do to further ruin your plans. :biggrin:

You ruined nothing. You're keeping me on track. Kinda. Considering I have a very faint path and have no idea where it is leading...

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Renai said:

Who all did he offend as coordinator?

Evidently the NCAA while he was at Kentucky.  😱🤣

• Haha 4

I made a list of needed sewing supplies. I ran out of light green embroidery thread and imma try to hem a pair of jeans and I can’t find the zipper foot. 

That’s all the news from Lake Woebegone. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think my womb has remembered it’s going to have to push this kid out eventually. I keep feeling all tense and thinking, “what am I worried about, what am I forgetting?” And then realizing, no this isn’t anxiety tension, this is Braxton-Hicks tension. 

• Like 7

Spuds- when are you due again?

once again my children do not understand what bedtime means!

• Like 5

Baby made chili tonight with a Raddish Kids recipe. It turned out really good. Raddish kids is kind of spendy, but it’s a really good subscription box.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, I’ve been ignoring this thread for years but here for the past week or so I finally delved in. I really need to get back to ignoring y’all again, but now I can’t... ugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

Just now, mms said:

So, I’ve been ignoring this thread for years but here for the past week or so I finally delved in. I really need to get back to ignoring y’all again, but now I can’t... ugh.

Yeah, that’s what happens. Sorry ‘bout that.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, mms said:

When you post at the top of the page please end your post in Booya not booyah.

Thank you,

Official Booya Babe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, mms said:

We are a healthy addiction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

When you post at the top of the page please end your post in Booya not booyah.

Thank you,

Official Booya Babe

Don’ listen to her. How you express your inner Booya/h is entirely up to you. 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Spuds- when are you due again?

once again my children do not understand what bedtime means!

May 15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Spudater said:

May 15

That’s my brother’s birthday. And my Grandma’s. It’s a good day. I approve.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Spudater said:

*may result in pregnancy

Truth.

20200129_172312.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, mms said:

Welcome!

Be warned, the magnetic power of the thread increases exponentially in accordance with time spent here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Welcome, mms!

Monday.  I’m still sitting in the parking lot at work.  I don’t wanna.  I saw on my phone 708 new emails in my inbox - I really don’t want to see what that means...

• Sad 7

Good morning!

Oldest two have a 7:30 religious education class.

Three kids have online speech therapy this morning.

I need to register dd16 for her upcoming karate tournament.

Cello lessons tomorrow, need to make sure the boys practice.

I really could use a couple more hours of sleep before all that begins...

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I woke up an hour ago and it took me that long to decide to get out of bed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Welcome, mms!

Monday.  I’m still sitting in the parking lot at work.  I don’t wanna.  I saw on my phone 708 new emails in my inbox - I really don’t want to see what that means...

It's a glitch in the matrix.  Surely.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd13 came into our room around 4 asking if there had been an earthquake.  The thunderclap was so big it shook the house.  This rain will apparently continue ad infinitum.  I was able to get the spot of marker off the Most Comfortable $4 Jeans by soaking them in Oxyclean.  👍

We have regular lessons this morning, violin/viola lessons and children's choir and scouts this afternoon/tonight.  Tonight's soup is creamy corn chowder.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Did I mention that Carolyn Weber, author of Surprised by Oxford is coming to speak at my church next month?  So so excited!!  I highly recommend the book.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

The two older kids have off school today for Lincoln’s Birthday. They get two Mondays off,  our charter gets Friday and next Monday off for a 4-day weekend.

We need rain. We haven’t had any for a month and this is supposed to be our rainy season.🌧💧

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We need rain. We haven’t had any for a month and this is supposed to be our rainy season.🌧💧

We will blow real hard and see if we can get our clouds to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd11 has taut line hitched herself to the front door.

Quick! Run!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning! That sounds more chipper than morning actually is. but maybe I'll get that way over time, given enough caffeine.

I was absolutely worn out this weekend. I cried most of the way through Friday from writerly stress, deep emotions, and general lack of sleep. Felt better on Saturday after getting around 7 hours of sleep (not all at one time), and Sunday wasn't terrible either because I got to come home early and then just lay down on the couch all evening and refused to do anything. I had no mental space even for reading. 

But I slept well last night, and pretty heavy rain meant that the Midnight Howler didn't make his usual appearance. It's still raining. Maybe two nights of peaceful sleep? Maybe?

Anyway, checking in. I'm still alive.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mms said:

At first it's like pressing that little red button that says, "Don't press this button!" Impossible to resist, I know. You won't realize how far you've been sucked in until you rack up a couple awards on the leaderboard and wonder, "How'd THAT happen?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I think I have to argue with someone on the phone today. Not looking forward to it. 

I think our parish is going to want us to take another baptism class for this baby. On top of the two baptism classes we’ve taken for previous babies. And the classes we took as children and to get Confirmed supposedly to teach us the faith. Honestly, it’s like you were forced to attend a super crappy public school that has the power to force you to come back and make you take even more classes for every major life event “just in case you forgot how to read and count, a lot of people do , you know!” Yes, bc you wasted years of my life trying to be fun and relevant and pc instead of actually trying to teach the faith. So I’m prob going to end up brandishing my theology degree, which always makes me feel like an arrogant jerk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

Today is the first day I feel somewhat back to normal again. Yay for Youngest sleeping 11hrs straight in his own bed (crib) last night! DH and I NEEDED a good night's sleep.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

At first it's like pressing that little red button that says, "Don't press this button!" Impossible to resist, I know. You won't realize how far you've been sucked in until you rack up a couple awards on the leaderboard and wonder, "How'd THAT happen?"

I guess it’s kind of like Nutella. I don’t know how it is with y’all but I keep a jar for quick just in case we have a guest deserts. We never do have such guest and I end up craving chocolate.  The next day it’s empty. Ugh.

Edited by mms
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We took this week off from school. It was supposed to be next week, but I was just so tired. The idea of coming home yesterday and doing anything but resting just wasn't going to work. So we got our February break started a little early.

• Like 6

I posted in the kiddie pool. I couldn't help myself. I'm excited and cannot contain it and the suspense is just too much! I want to see samples of the new edition NOW! Please, Notgrass, Puuuleeeeeze!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I think I have to argue with someone on the phone today. Not looking forward to it. 

I think our parish is going to want us to take another baptism class for this baby. On top of the two baptism classes we’ve taken for previous babies. And the classes we took as children and to get Confirmed supposedly to teach us the faith. Honestly, it’s like you were forced to attend a super crappy public school that has the power to force you to come back and make you take even more classes for every major life event “just in case you forgot how to read and count, a lot of people do , you know!” Yes, bc you wasted years of my life trying to be fun and relevant and pc instead of actually trying to teach the faith. So I’m prob going to end up brandishing my theology degree, which always makes me feel like an arrogant jerk. 

You are too busy teaching your children the faith to come back for remedial classes!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mms said:

I guess it’s kind of like Nutella. I don’t know how it is with y’all but I keep a jar for quick just in case we have a guest deserts. We never do have such guest and I end up craving chocolate.  The next day it’s empty. Ugh.

You're talking about Nutella and now I want Nutella. 😂

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mms said:

There are nine people in my house.

Elapsed time between entry of a jar of nutella into the house and the jar being empty is remarkably small.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

You are too busy teaching your children the faith to come back for remedial classes!  

Lol, yes!  And I’ve had to jump through some hoops for that too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, maize said:

There are nine people in my house.

Elapsed time between entry of a jar of nutella into the house and the jar being empty is remarkably small.

I wish I could blame my problem on the other people living in my house. Oy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4