Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 2/6/2021 at 8:58 PM, Junie said:

Mom!

Susan's talking in a foreign language again!

As if you never...

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

At least your dog doesn’t think that everyone is an axe murderer who is out to slit your throat!  I get mine to sit too and she’s saying “I don’t care what you want- there is an axe murderer over there and I need to eat him first before you cluelessly let him murder us all, so let’s just get this over with!”  

She's a shepherd; that's her job.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We are attempting to give Chester a haircut.  He has a lot of fur. Slache, I saw you roll your eyes.  Go ahead and say it.  (I told you so!!)

We've been at it for 45 minutes, but have to take a break for dh to pick up the kids from youth group.  I expect another hour or so of work and then we're going to have to settle for the "rabid-hobo dog" look.

After having Springer Spaniels, I very purposely got a dog that doesn't need any grooming or clipping.  I do comb her on occasion.  And give her a bath about twice a year.  But that's it. 

• Like 1

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  We got another inch or so of snow last night.   And I think we have more coming this weekend and next week and the week after.......    This is after almost no snow for the past two years.   

Three classes today with a late start.  Fairly easy/likable classes so not a rough day.  

• Like 2

I'm off next week except for Thursday classes are doing snow day makeups.   I need to finalize plans for the rest of the year (no more break weeks until Memorial Day which is pretty much the end of the year except makeups), clean dd's room, put plastic bins in drawers under ds's bed, plan school, clean the rest of the house, move around the science center (again), try and find my ipod (lost it probably in the house), do quickbooks for January, decide on schedule for summer camps, decide on schedule for next year classes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Or I can just hibernate for the next month and refuse to deal with anything and stay warm and cozy until winter is over and then deal with it.  That would work right?  

How about hibernate and never deal with it. I am ready to abdicate all responsibility.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Slache said:

Is not-Awana Master's Club?

No, it’s something we made up ourselves. We did it for 8 weeks in the fall and then it worked well, so we are doing it for 8 weeks this spring. Traditionally T&T girls always do a Valentine’s craft, and since I am one for tradition, I lead one last night. It went really well. The girls just love to sit and do crafts and talk with their leaders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

It's raining out and may turn to ice at some point.  County schools have been closed (whatever that means) and tutorial has gone the way of zoom.  I was planning to go to Aldi and the bank and the library today but may wait until it stops raining - I hate loading up groceries in the rain.

Dd14 is again planning to give up math for Lent.  Imma come up with some pancakey meal ideas for Pancake Tuesday.

Coffee!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Slache said:

Is not-Awana Master's Club?

Our church had master's club for awhile.  The kids liked it.  I started helping, and I did not like it.  It was so schooly, after the kids already had a full day of school.

Edited by 4atHome
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 4atHome said:

Our church had master's club for awhile.  The kids liked it.  I started helping, and I did not like it.  It was so schooly, after the kids already had a full day of school.

Our church has Masters Club but it's on Sundays before evening service. My kids don't go because I don't like the person who does it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Our church has Masters Club but it's on Sundays before evening service. My kids don't go because I don't like the person who does it.

We haven't attended church since last March because our church has not been covid cautious.  No masking or spacing; everything has just continued as normal.  I'm frustrated and no longer want to attend, but it's difficult both to find another church with our beliefs and to make the change because I have family members on staff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m back. We had dinner at my parents’ house. They were finally able to get their Covid vaccine. It is ridiculous the hoops they had to jump through to get an appointment.

My in-laws got one last week.  They live in a Very Small Town, and were shocked that they were able to get it.  Their pharmacist actually called and said if they wanted to get one, then come right down (the mountain) and he'd have it ready for them.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

My in-laws got one last week.  They live in a Very Small Town, and were shocked that they were able to get it.  Their pharmacist actually called and asked if they wanted to get one, then come right down (the mountain) and he'd have it ready for them.

My girlfriend works in the medical field and says everyone gets sick after the second shot. It's so common they schedule it before the workers weekend.

🎉🎈🎈🎈Happy Nirthday, Sweet Princess!! 🎈🎈🎈🎉

(I thought her birthday was tomorrow!! Oy.)

Next week.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Good morning!  It's the Lunar New Year!

It's Friday!

All the snowflakes have returned for next week.  I don't expect anything to come of it.

Regular lessons today.  Girls have zoom music lesson.  Dh and I are going out to eat with a gift card for Valentine's Day and the kids will stay home and make spaghetti for dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday. Thank goodness!!! Three-day weekend, too. 🎉🎉🎉

School and work. Oldest DD is having a friend over after school.

We love in a small (relatively) town and none of the family doctors have the vaccine. She called the clinic and had to strong arm them in to getting her and my dad an appointment. The appointment was at some school in the Big City. They stayed in their car and just drove around to all these stations and finally got to the last one, where they stuck their arm out the window and got the shot. I guess that works well for elderly people, they are social distancing and can sit in the comfort of their car rather than have to stand in some line. My dad would never had made it otherwise.

• Like 3

The little girls played in the snow for a little while (I gave dd13 a snowday; dd10 didn't have any work today as she did extra work on Monday after our lab day.)

It's about 5 inches, but they said that it's too powdery to build anything.  They made snow angels.

Now they are inside drinking hot chocolate. :)

• Like 2

Morning. It's cold. It's going to get a lot colder. Today is prep work getting ready to lose power. If there's wind and snow, that's just what is going to happen, and we are low priority to get any attention. 

Other than that, it's cold, and I endorse hibernation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We got no snow.  Despite snowpocalypse being forecasted.  Though it's supposed to snow again today and through the entire weekend so we might get some snow yet. 

My Portland church is a snow disaster.

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It's a King Cake.  It's a Mardi Gras thing. 

Yep! This one had a praline filling. She asks for king cake for her birthday every year.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

My Portland church is a snow disaster.

Yep! This one had a praline filling. She asks for king cake for her birthday every year.

Is it bad that I am glad to know that your Portland church is a snow disaster?  Because I cancelled my camp board meeting down that way and there is no snow here so I was wondering if I was duped! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is it bad that I am glad to know that your Portland church is a snow disaster?  Because I cancelled my camp board meeting down that way and there is no snow here so I was wondering if I was duped! 

No. Pastor's wife's work closed and they're open 364 days a year. 

Huh.  I guess I've never seen a King Cake before.  Who found the Baby Jesus? 😂

Mooies. It's taped to her window now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1