Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, it is “trending right now”.  Fortunately, I have teenagers, so I know these things.

Well, we've listened to it, and several other editions a hundred times now.  I feel the need to pinch the cheeks of that adorable babyface bass singer.  Ukulele chords are pretty easy, though I'm playing it in a different key.

16 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have this song stuck in my head. It’s awesome.

Sesame Street

One Of These Things (Is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed [the guy in the blue shirt] is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely... right!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, we've listened to it, and several other editions a hundred times now.  I feel the need to pinch the cheeks of that adorable babyface bass singer.  Ukulele chords are pretty easy, though I'm playing it in a different key.

Oh, he is adorable, that’s a fact. They are all adorable.

• Like 1

Not out of the DAR woods yet. The DAR woman I talked to said she couldn't find my ancestor in her records; a little while ago I sent her the North Carolina list of soldiers with his name there, so we'll see.

It's hard for me to imagine that I don't have any patriots because I have ancestors in NC at that time. But we'll see. I've gone this long without being DAR; I'm sure I'll survive if I don't make it, lol.

• Like 3

We are getting another 6 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow.   The 3 feet we got last week is still mostly piled up everywhere.   Dh is staying at his moms until Monday so I'm going to have to shovel and I DON'T WANNA!   I'm going to move my car and park it facing out at the road so I won't have to worry about the driveway, but more than likely I'll have to shovel the walkway into the science center for Monday classes.   The landlord already did a totally crappy job plowing the last storm so I have piles of snow everywhere, this is just going to make it worse.  

Question:   Is the part of the driveway at the road the FRONT of the driveway or the BACK of the driveway?   I can never remember and either seems to make sense. 

• Like 2

Morning.  It's Saturday.  I realized today I haven't done my Tai Chi/Yoga in over a week.   Between snow days, skipping with dd due to brain farts and bruises, then dd having covid, and being off schedule with classes (due to break week and then snow), I just haven't done it.   I really need to get back to it. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

I'm beat and I haven't even gotten out of bed yet.  Dog barking at all hours.  So tired of it.  Nothing going on today except helping some kids with some recording things they are doing, checking on chemistry work, and a zoom bluegrass workshop tonight. And dd12 is doing some cooking that she might want help with, or at least have me nearby for questions.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

So avert yer eyeballs if you're not into paying/bribing kids to do the housework you don't want to...

DS is happily on his knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. 🙂 It "rained nickels" (i.e., after sweeping, I scattered them around the areas that needed a good spot cleaning). Best way to get work out of a 13yo for $0.75 I ever saw.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!,~D

Saturday!!! I slept till 8:00 this morning!!! That’s 10 hours. I feel like I’ve been under water.

I’m taking oldest DD and two of her friends to the Big City to the South to Target to find a birthday present for a friend of theirs who is having a party next weekend.

We have no rain or snow. 😩😩 Just endless sunshine, which might sound nice, except that we really need the moisture. And there’s nothing in the forecast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I'm beat and I haven't even gotten out of bed yet.  Dog barking at all hours.  So tired of it.  Nothing going on today except helping some kids with some recording things they are doing, checking on chemistry work, and a zoom bluegrass workshop tonight. And dd12 is doing some cooking that she might want help with, or at least have me nearby for questions.

Coffee!

Susan- how old is Chester?  He sleeps in a crate, right?  If he truly can stay dry for x number of hours then I would really work on the crate training. 
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/how-to-crate-train-your-dog-in-9-easy-steps/

since I think that you have probably done most of those things already, I would suggest giving Chester a chewy to work on during the night if he gets bored  Put in a t-shirt that has his favorite person’s scent on it. And maybe move the crate to a place where you can’t hear him, put a blanket over it (for warmth and to create even more of den feeling )and put on some soothing music on a radio he can hear  

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan- how old is Chester?  He sleeps in a crate, right?  If he truly can stay dry for x number of hours then I would really work on the crate training. 
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/how-to-crate-train-your-dog-in-9-easy-steps/

since I think that you have probably done most of those things already, I would suggest giving Chester a chewy to work on during the night if he gets bored  Put in a t-shirt that has his favorite person’s scent on it. And maybe move the crate to a place where you can’t hear him, put a blanket over it (for warmth and to create even more of den feeling )and put on some soothing music on a radio he can hear  

He's 8 months old and is generally fine with the crate, and goes to sleep in it fairly quickly.  He has the chewies and t-shirts and cozy blanket covering and the snuggle puppy he's had since he was a baby.  We haven't tried the radio, though.

Dh is thinking that he either gets uncomfortable by 3 or 4am OR something wakes him up (the bunnies?) and he misses us and wants attention, which I think is most likely, considering his breed and overall personality.  And unfortunately, we eventually have to get up and start the day, which seems to be all he needs.  As soon as anyone leaves their bedroom he quiets down.  We don't even  have to get him out of the crate.

Dh is suggesting that we put him in the crate at night but leave the door open.  He is generally well behaved and hasn't had an accident in the house for months and maybe just being able to move around or sleep outside someone's bedroom door will be enough to comfort him?  I am willing to try it.  At this point, I would be fine letting him sleep on the floor next to my bed, but that means we will have to put the foam earplugs under lock and key, lol. 😂 (I have avoided letting him into bedrooms out of overabundant caution for possible allergy issues.)

Stay tuned for the next episode of Days of our Puppies, in which we try to use a grooming clippers on a shaggy dog and trim the nails on his back paws.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Thank you!  The teacher started out nice and easy with scales and arpeggios and we learned a couple "licks" in G and he talked about an easier way to play the G chop chord.

Mom!

Susan's talking in a foreign language again!

• Haha 3

Morning.  So our 7 inches of snow that was supposed to start overnight is now 4 inches of snow and didn't start until 8am.  Yeah for less snow, boo for starting later which means ending later which means less likely to be able to clean things up today instead of tomorrow morning.  

Dh is staying at his moms until tomorrow which means poor dd may have to come to class with me at 7am instead of being dropped off at noon for her 1pm class.   

Today is laundry, work on classes, set up school, and hoping to do some yoga and/or Tai Chi in there.

Edpo Alert:   Is there a good 8th grade literature program that is based on short stories?  Dd is a good reader but has trouble with novels.  She has ADHD that she has her first tele-visit to discuss the end of this month.  She's decided she'd like to try meds and thinks the problem with reading longer books is related to the ADHD.   Even high interest novels seem to be a problem.   While we are waiting, I still want her to do a literature program but I'm willing to stick with short stories for now.   She's finishing up the last level of Mosdos Press.   

• Like 3

Good morning!

It’s Sportsball Sunday!

(As evidenced by the full - max. 75% capacity - early service this morning.)

Ds16 and I are playing for services this morning. Think I should sneak in one of those G licks I learned last night? 😂

There is a visiting pastor this morning who has 2 (TWO!) sets of identical twin daughters. Svengo. 

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!!!

Super Bowl!!🏈🏈. Go Sportsball!!

Susan, I knew a family growing up with two sets of identical twin boys. They are grown up now and have families (one of the boys goes to my church) and his son married an identical twin and they had twin babies (not identical - a boy and girl).

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

This is what it looks like outside my door right now.   And we are supposed to get more snow Tuesday and again Thursday night into Friday.  With about 10 inches more expected in those storms.    I know some people are used to this but we definitely are not.   

My classes are going to run through the end of June if this keeps up.

20210207_102201.jpg

20210207_102220.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1