Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

Wait, how has it been a week?

I just ordered a graphic novel version of The Art of War (Prime delivery takes only 5 days here, w00t!). Now Amazon recommends I follow the author Sun Tzu, lol.

EDIT: Sun Tzuya!

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 190.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    25197

  • Susan in TN

    17685

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17635

  • KrissiK

    15602

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

1 hour ago, luuknam said:

It rained here yesterday. In the desert. Which was really nice, because the day before that it was in the 70s and 10% humidity. 

I don't think I've ever been in the desert.  Wait, probably at some point on the road trip from MN to Pasadena when I was a teenager.  I would really love to see a tumblin' tumbleweed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't think I've ever been in the desert.  Wait, probably at some point on the road trip from MN to Pasadena when I was a teenager.  I would really love to see a tumblin' tumbleweed.

I have a tumbleweed on my "nature display" on top of a cabinet.  Along with some Fool's gold and other sundry natural objects. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Headache.

House is still messy, but progress has been made.

I went to Facebook church and Zoom iglesia last night.  In the Spanish service we're having a series taught by a native speaker (not the American bi-lingual pastor).  The first time I heard him preach (a year and a half ago?) I maybe understood 25 percent.  Last night it was closer to 75.  :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!

I took Chester for his morning constitutional alone, in the dark, in the rain.  He was being a Very Good Pup so I let him have a treat from the neighbor’s dog treat box.

 I can’t get ITT to load on my iPad for some reason, so I’m on my phone.  I’m taking Dds14&18 to the drive-through testing place this morning.  Then take them home and head to Aldi. We are out of cheese and milk, so things are getting a bit dicey around here. 

Coffee!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I took Chester for his morning constitutional alone, in the dark, in the rain.  He was being a Very Good Pup so I let him have a treat from the neighbor’s dog treat box.

 I can’t get ITT to load on my iPad for some reason, so I’m on my phone.  I’m taking Dds14&18 to the drive-through testing place this morning.  Then take them home and head to Aldi. We are out of cheese and milk, so things are getting a bit dicey around here. 

Coffee!

I have been having a lot of trouble loading ITT on my iPad the past couple weeks, which is one of the reasons I have been kind of scarce lately. It takes forever to load and navigate the site.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I have been having a lot of trouble loading ITT on my iPad the past couple weeks, which is one of the reasons I have been kind of scarce lately. It takes forever to load and navigate the site.

Did you turn your iPad off and on again? 🤣🤣🤣

I haven’t been getting kicked off all the time since the last maintenance, so that’s been nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a tumbleweed on my "nature display" on top of a cabinet.  Along with some Fool's gold and other sundry natural objects. 

Pretty sure I have plenty of weeds buried under the snow outside, but they do not tumble. I've never seen an actual tumble weed IRL. That would be so cool!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I’m in the car waiting in line to get my brain poked with a q-tip. Dd14 won’t let me turn on the radio because she’s reading. 

Next time I have to do this, I'm asking for the infants version. They just swab in a circle the lower part of each nostril and test is done in 10 mins at the Dr office.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have been having a lot of trouble loading ITT on my iPad the past couple weeks, which is one of the reasons I have been kind of scarce lately. It takes forever to load and navigate the site.

Same here. On Android phone. Glad to know it's not just me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still trying to kill a migraine.

Dd10 and I have been working on a puzzle.  Probably not helping the migraine.

Dd16 made lunch -- hashbrowns and scrambled eggs.

A few things have been put away.  There are probably about a thousand to go.  I'll probably work on that this evening.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Next time I have to do this, I'm asking for the infants version. They just swab in a circle the lower part of each nostril and test is done in 10 mins at the Dr office.

Dd22 has to be tested twice a week for her job and this is the kind they do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the book - The Vanishing Half.  It was a fairly interesting story, though I got the idea that the author really didn't know anything more about 20th century history than what she'd learned in an 8th grade history textbook and that she was probably pretty young.  That might be unfair, but I was right about her being young.

Anyhoo, since that was a fictional novel, I'm going to make myself read a non-fiction next.  Either Life Together by Bonhoeffer or Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers - both in the "Christian Living" category.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get a good book. I read a really good book at the beginning of the month about a spy, but I picked up a book about WWI which is ok, but I need to get through it. One of my reading goals this year was to learn more about WWI. Like why, for instance, were they fighting. Because it was a pretty bloody war, but I can’t really see that an assassination of the leader of a small nation is really reason to fight like that. It had to be something else.  The book I am reading now is “The Great and Holy War:  How World War I became a religious crusade” by Philip Jenkins.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did 2/3 of my Xena's lower body workout.  I totally forgot about the other 1/3 of the workout and also cleaning the bunny cage and the cat's bathroom because we had contractors here.  I don't exactly feel like working out in the living room with spectators, if you know what I mean.  And I can't let the bunnies out of their cage to run around when contractors are doing noisy dangerous stuff near where they run around. 

The contractors come back again tomorrow.  In related news, our kitchen is getting closer to getting done! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...