Menu

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I really really miss having an oven. 

Ugh.

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I like nom nom paleo.  I don't think that I've tried a recipe there yet that I haven't liked. 

I have made some of the recipes, too, and all very good!

Yay!  It's an Ovenless Nom Nom Paleo Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Replies 191.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

I had a dream this morning that dd22, ds25, and I were flying somewhere and dd22 and I forgot our drivers licenses and/or passports and had to try to find the car to get back home from the airport.  It seems to me we had about 3 hours, which technically should have been enough time, but it was still panicky.  

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I was not up at 3 am.  (((Susan)))

Time to make a to-do list for this week.  I think it's going to be long.  At least we have a good stock of chocolate for bribery purposes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dh just asked if it would be weird if he made a little oatmeal just for the chickens.  Lol.  (We usually have oatmeal for Monday breakfast and the chickens get the leftovers.  Everyone is just making their own breakfast this morning, so nothing for the chickens, poor things. 😁)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I was not up at 3 am.  (((Susan)))

Time to make a to-do list for this week.  I think it's going to be long.  At least we have a good stock of chocolate for bribery purposes.

Yay for not being up at 3am!  (It's not so bad for me, I'm just whiney! 😁)

I need to do this.  I have "find dd18's passport" on my list, but what really needs to happen is a thorough cleaning of my nightstand drawers and the closet safe where I keep important papers and also sometimes just stuff junk to get it out of the way.  I'd better stock up on chocolate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Morning all! I posted a topic on K-8 but can't remember how to link it over here, if any of you are so inclined to make recommendations. Thanks.

Hey Servie!  Are you thoroughly tired of the cold yet?  (It's cold down here, so I know it's COLD in your neck of the woods.)

Also, I don't know how to link either - Slachey is in charge of that, I think.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay for not being up at 3am!  (It's not so bad for me, I'm just whiney! 😁)

I need to do this.  I have "find dd18's passport" on my list, but what really needs to happen is a thorough cleaning of my nightstand drawers and the closet safe where I keep important papers and also sometimes just stuff junk to get it out of the way.  I'd better stock up on chocolate.

I have "get dd18's passport" on my list.  But it has to wait until tomorrow because everything is closed today.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Holiday Monday!!! Happy MLK, Jr. Day!!

I started my day off right by sleeping till 7:30. I have no real plans for the day. I have a few things to get done for work, but otherwise I need to put away some last Christmas decoration boxes and do some life-planning sort of things. The kids want to do something, but honestly, I have no idea what to do. I don’t like driving in the mountains, and it’s too cold to go to the beach. Theaters aren’t open or I would be happy to take in a movie.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey Servie!  Are you thoroughly tired of the cold yet?  (It's cold down here, so I know it's COLD in your neck of the woods.)

Also, I don't know how to link either - Slachey is in charge of that, I think.

Cold doesn't bother me that much unless I have to go out in it. I stay indoors and bake/cook all the things and experiment with new recipes. I may need to replace this tradition/habit because it is NOT helping me lose the extra 20lbs+ that I've acquired over the last 3 years. Of course, having 2 more babies inside of 2 years at my age had nothing to do with it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I exercised, went to the grocery store and got this week’s work done for my college class. Ugh!! I’m just lucky I am a good writer.

Wait? What? I think I'm missing something.

• Like 1

I got a D- in bone density at the endocrinologist's.  Just barely missed the osteoporosis level.  But that and my vit. D deficiency should improve once my defective parathyroid gland is removed.  Probably in March or April.

I finished the Attaboy arrangement and printed out parts for the Capriol Suite and made a bit more progress on Howl's Moving Castle.  Have not even started the nightstand.

• Sad 2

I think my bone density is bad.  Fourteen years ago (when I was diagnosed with RA) a doctor looked at my x-rays, swore, and then told me that I have the bone density of an 80-year-old woman.  I was officially told that I have osteopenia and that there was really no treatment available to me now.

• Sad 3

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday (that feels like a Monday)!

I've been fighting through lots of pain, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done today.  (This is why I make weekly to-do lists instead of daily ones -- because some days pretty much nothing gets done.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, Junie said:

Wait? What? I think I'm missing something.

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi's gettin edumacated!!

I am working toward my CLAD. I have no idea what that means, but it’s an authorization on my teaching credential to teach English Language Leaners. When I got my credential in the early 1990’s, it wasn’t required, but now it is, so if I want to keep my job, I have to get it. It’s 5 classes, and I’m on my 4th one right now, it’s a lot of work, but all on line through UC San Diego.

• Like 3

Morning.  It's Tuesday.  My hardest, longest, craziest day of the week.  yippee😝

It actually shouldn't be too bad.  I'm not doing any super messy activities today.  Two weeks ago I did four extremely messy activities and that was a looooooooonnnnnnngggggg day.  

I yoga'd with dd, one intense standing yoga routine and one relaxing/calm yoga routine.  I should see about 8,000 steps over the course of the day, then home to take dd to TKD.  She got two vaccines at the doctor yesterday so may not feel up to it. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

I have the cold-yucks.  Not too bad yet - I was sucking on Cold-eze last night.  We found out that two girls were playing closely with a Rona-infected person all day on Saturday so we are having to make some plan changes and keep an eye out for symptoms.  Vitamins for everyone!

I'm taking a sick day.  I wonder if anyone will bring me breakfast in bed?!? 😂

Coffee!

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I am working toward my CLAD. I have no idea what that means, but it’s an authorization on my teaching credential to teach English Language Leaners. When I got my credential in the early 1990’s, it wasn’t required, but now it is, so if I want to keep my job, I have to get it. It’s 5 classes, and I’m on my 4th one right now, it’s a lot of work, but all on line through UC San Diego.

Do you like the classes? I considered them once upon a time...

Snow.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Renai said:

Do you like the classes? I considered them once upon a time...

Snow.

The first one I took was dumb and it made me mad. It was pretty political. But the rest have been ok. They are more methodological. There’s also a lot of information on the laws regarding English Language Education and how we got to where we are. I’m sure it was all very well-intentioned, but so much of it is just stupid.  For example, the Home Language Survey doesn’t give any leeway to parents who, while they may be fluent in English, have chosen to speak Spanish at home so their children will be bilingual. The way the questions are worded, if you primarily speak another language in the home the kids are automatically designated EL and the family has to deal with all of this unnecessary interference.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Morning. Up to my ears in critique stuff this morning, but it's done! Thinking about books to read next, writing, and cleaning the house. Ugh. 

I don't know the state of my bones. Bony, I think. But I have been walking a ton and finding that the top of my feet hurt afterwards. Not the bottoms. I don't know why. But it feels like I'm dislocating a metatarsal or something at times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Up to my ears in critique stuff this morning, but it's done! Thinking about books to read next, writing, and cleaning the house. Ugh. 

I don't know the state of my bones. Bony, I think. But I have been walking a ton and finding that the top of my feet hurt afterwards. Not the bottoms. I don't know why. But it feels like I'm dislocating a metatarsal or something at times.

Bony sounds pretty good.  The ball of my right foot only starts to hurt when I'm hiking, mostly downhill.  It's helped with insoles (I used Sole Performance Thick with my previous hiking shoes and that helped quite a bit).  Dh said he used to get pain on the top of his feet and it eventually went away when he stopped putting any stress on that area - especially putting his shoes off and on, and also stretched his shins really well.

• Like 1

I'm trying to see what can be done in an hour in Las Vegas.  I'm thinking we could stop by the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign and then get lunch somewhere.  If there is more time we could look at shops.  On the way back, we will have a little more time, so we might visit Caesars Palace or something.  Slache told me to do it.  She's The Boss.

30 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm trying to see what can be done in an hour in Las Vegas.  I'm thinking we could stop by the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign and then get lunch somewhere.  If there is more time we could look at shops.  On the way back, we will have a little more time, so we might visit Caesars Palace or something.  Slache told me to do it.  She's The Boss.

There are some neat hotels on The Strip. The Luxor is cool. The Venetian was my favorite. You just have to avoid all the signs for strip clubs and shows.

• Thanks 1

I haven't done much of use today.  Well, I drank morning and afternoon coffee, so that's taken care of.  We had story time and I disappointed the kids by dropping Christy and starting the YA version of Unbroken instead.  I realized that after a week of reading Christy, it was going to take us a good 8 weeks to get through it.  I love the story so much, and we have done a small amount of traipsing in that area of East Tennessee/North Carolina.  Maybe I will pick it back up in the summer. 

I also managed to get the freezer meal street taco steak all marinated and foodsavered.  Aside from the blackened salmon tacos, I'm all done with the freezer meals.

• Like 2

Morning.  Happy Hump Day!

Today is my short day.  Two classes, no TKD, nice and relaxing (theoretically).  

My schedule is actually pretty good this year.  Tuesday is my only really long hard day (I really should put the hard classes on a short day).  The rest of the week is things I find easier. 

But, yeah it's the same old/same old with some January blahs thrown in.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Junie said:

We made some good progress on putting the house back together.  Christmas + painting the master bedroom + college kids = a disastrous mess.

Yay for progress!  Painting in and of itself makes for so much crazy.

• Like 2

Good morning!

It's a regular day of school today.  Nothing else going on.  I had a lot of end-of-cold coughing last night in between bouts of middle-of-night sweating, but I think I got a bit of sleep anyway.  Nothing that can't be fixed by my Extra Large Green Mug of

Coffee!

• Like 1

So we made the decision for the two Middles to drop out of their youth orchestra program and join another one.  It was really hard for me, either because I have an over-developed sense of loyalty or because I hate change, or maybe both, but the kids wanted to do it and were accepted in, so we did.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1