Menu

Strangely enough, the pizza bites seem to have settled his stomach.   I'm having him sit up for a while to make sure, then he's going back to bed since he didn't sleep well.  

Dh was going to come home from work when I left if ds still wasn't doing well but I think we're fine now.  I have a short day so I'll only be gone a few hours anyway. 

ETA:  So this gets a booya.  Okay then. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 6
  • Replies 191.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

My bedroom is slowly coming back together.  Some of the books are going to switch places with some books in ds20's room, but that will be easier to accomplish after ds20 goes back to school.

We have been doing a Harry Potter marathon.  Dd16 received the movies (all 8!) for Christmas, so we are trying to get through all of them before the college kids go back.

• Like 2

Good morning!

I woke up around 3:15 with the realization that the dog didn't bark when dd22 came home from her shift and then got mad and thought about asking the kids' orchestra program to refund the $600+ orchestra fees that we paid since not a single thing they said would happen actually happened, not even the virtual "brady bunch style" virtual performance.  It feels like they just strung us along all semester.  This is a major private university that is rolling in money - don't try to tell me they don't have the resources to make these things happen.

Also, I'm gonna need some of that coffee if you have any left, Lynn, because our coffee maker is broken.  Whaaaaaaa!  I'm so cranky!!  Who has the cranky pants with coffee and chocolate dispensers?

COFFEE!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 5

Morning. Lots of things to do today. I was late Monday night finishing a manuscript, and I think I may be up most nights until next Monday messing around with things like synopses and pages, getting it ready to go to one of my critique partners soon. I also have another manuscript I need to do that for, only it doesn't have to be ready until later in January. Then there is another manuscript to finish drafting, and one to start drafting. All the things!

My art teacher approved the portrait, so now I just need to get everything together to go ship it later this week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I managed to get the turkey in the oven and get myself together enough to go to Good Aldi.  They were working on the parking lot so I got a nice waft of white paint blown into me by the Wind.  Groceries are (mostly) put away.  Puppy has thrown up twice this morning, despite not having eaten any breakfast.  I'm trying to decide if I want to brown the ground beef and turkey today or wait until the weekend.  I may eat some ice cream and see if that helps me decide.  ;D

• Like 3

Have you ever used a dual coffee maker?  Like one that has a regular drip coffee pot and a Keurig-type thing built in?  I am wondering if that would be nice to have since between the 8 of us, we will usually go through an entire pot of coffee in the morning, but then various people want another cup at various times later in the day.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you ever used a dual coffee maker?  Like one that has a regular drip coffee pot and a Keurig-type thing built in?  I am wondering if that would be nice to have since between the 8 of us, we will usually go through an entire pot of coffee in the morning, but then various people want another cup at various times later in the day.  

I haven't heard of this before but it sounds awesome! 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

Whoever designed and decided on the dimensions of these kick and play piano mats with the toy bar overhead did not account for Newbie the Giant. He's as tall as the mat is long and thinks he's supposed to uproot the toy bar and chew on the end piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That's what we got recently.  It is wonderful!!  It was on sale for $79 at walmart.  It's a Keurig.  Love.it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My hiking trail shoe broke! Whaaaaaaaah!!  Servie, why didn't I listen to you and bring decent boots to MN!?!?

I suspect that the plastic lace tightener thingie got frozen and cracked and then broke in earnest when I wore them hiking the other day.  Rats.  I really needed a new pair for long distance hiking anyway, but still.  Double rats.

In other news, the turkey broth is bubbling.  Puppy still hasn't eaten anything today.  Stayed tuned 'till next time when we find out what Sir Pups-a-lot poops out!

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

That's what we got recently.  It is wonderful!!  It was on sale for $79 at walmart.  It's a Keurig.  Love.it.

They look really cool!  My parents have a Keurig and brought out the regular coffee maker for the mornings when we were visiting and it was super handy, though their 2 machines took up a lot of space.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

They look really cool!  My parents have a Keurig and brought out the regular coffee maker for the mornings when we were visiting and it was super handy, though their 2 machines took up a lot of space.

I love it because we can use the pot when people are here, and kids and I can single cup hot chocolate, hot water for whatever, sleepytime tea, decaf, etc

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 4

I have started 4 books tonight and put them all down. I can't find a single thing I actually want to read.

I've tried Out of Sync Child, Basic Theology (Ryrie), Run Like a Mother, and The Angel's Game (novel). I'm going to try Tamsen maybe. Or Eat and Run.

• Like 4

I did my Xena upper body resistance training and dumbbell training this morning.  "Resistance is futile, you dumbbell!"

I finished pruning one of the huge hydrangea bushes and then cleaned up all the pruning debris in the street.

I got my step goal.

#Xenastrong

(I am now eating three peanut M & Ms.  Don't tell Angi.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Morning. Still cold and rainy, so no exercise for me today. Lots of writing up on the schedule today. Also got Henle 3 in yesterday, and as that doesn't come with lesson plans, I think I'll schedule it out myself for a term.

• Like 4

Morning.

I got up early and met dd for yoga.   I teach 3 classes today and do the first dissection of the year with biology.    It's going to be another long day.   Other dd has TKD tonight and has to go because she's finally making up her test from November tomorrow.  

Saturday is the next day dd and I are supposed to meet for yoga and I really kind of want to bow out already because I'm looking forward to the next day I can sleep in. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If you have room for it, I don't see why you shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, as of right now. I am scheduled to start teaching hula at the senior citizen center in June. The whole world could change between now and then, but right now, it's hula in June. And I'll have a better day for class (Tuesday instead of Friday; I hated doing class on Friday); we'll just to wait and see if I have actual students. 🙂

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Ellie said:

So, as of right now. I am scheduled to start teaching hula at the senior citizen center in June. The whole world could change between now and then, but right now, it's hula in June. And I'll have a better day for class (Tuesday instead of Friday; I hated doing class on Friday); we'll just to wait and see if I have actual students. 🙂

I can't wait!  Tuesday Hula sounds awesome!  Can I be considered a Senior if I am getting literature from the AARP?

Also, we will have to relocate.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am taking a short break.  I got a small batch of Christmas/New Years/Happy Epiphany cards in the mail.  Recorded short audition videos for dd18 and ds16.  Did some music stuff, and made a quintuple batch of KrissiK's Famous Turkey Tetrazzini, divided it up, and got it into the freezer.  Next up, Turkey Divan.

EdPo:  Avert yer eyeballs!

Dh and I discussed making "String Quartet" an actual class for the kids this semester, since they will not likely have any group playing opportunities.  Dh suggested that they might be able prepare for a final outdoor performance in the city park across the street.  

The suggestion was met with mixed reactions, but generally positive when I told them the pieces I had in mind - the Borodin Notturno (which they have done a bit already), 2 or 3 movements from Warlock's Capriol Suite, an arrangement of themes from Howl's Moving Castle (requested by dd18), and maybe one more.  I asked ds16 for input, so I'm waiting to hear if he has any ideas.

As you were.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I can't wait!  Tuesday Hula sounds awesome!  Can I be considered a Senior if I am getting literature from the AARP?

Also, we will have to relocate.

Yes.

And we have plenty of room for you. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thursday:

Did Xena's lower body workout.  I want to report that now my butt hurts.  (I said butt.)

I pruned half of another huge hydrangea bush.  I did not clean up after myself.  I will once I get to the rest of the bush. 

I also cleaned the bunny cage which is a big workout in and of itself.  I cleaned out the leftover hay deposits in a closet.  The old hay which has been moldering there for who knows how long has been put on the swampy areas under the deck to be useful. 

I also got my step goal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning, It's Friday!!!!

We survived the first week back (almost, close enough, the finish line is in sight).  

Two fairly easy-ish classes today then home early.   This weekend I get to work on my books.  Once again I didn't do any all year so have to do them all at once in a rush.  Yay Me! (It really won't be that hard this year since we did nothing from March through September).  

• Like 4

It's Friedday? Already? Well, I'm pretty crispy, so yeah.

Writing and editing today. Henle 3 came in this week, so I get to schedule that for the next few weeks on Saturday. It's tough! Lots of translation, and boy, have I been getting grumps and growls over the translation practice I've had the boys do (Latin to English). Just wait until they have to do it the other way around! 

All the other new additions to the schedule are going well, though.

• Like 4

Christmas cards are done and mailed except for one that has to go to the UK.  Haven't started the soup yet.  The kids have some friends over so there was a bit of panic over what to give them for lunch but we have chocolate chip banana bread, apples, and kettle chips and that has been approved by the Committee for Lunch Provisions.

Soup will have to wait until later.  Imma start on Attaboy as a reward for finishing the cards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soup's done - 2 gallons of cream of broccoli and 2 gallons of corn chowder.  Guess what's for dinner?!?

Soup!

I'm about 1/3 through Attaboy.  Just the basic transcription.  Once I have all that down, I'll need to rearrange it all to fit within a string quartet.

I just noticed some bits of potato on the top of my shoe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1