Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

Ok, I just booked an awesome Air bnb on the Virgin River in Utah for New Year’s. We had talked about going to Zion National Park and just getting a hotel in Springdale, but DH talked me into looking at Air bnbs. This place is great. It’s this cabin right on the River with 4 acres to roam around on.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 190.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    25197

  • Susan in TN

    17681

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17634

  • KrissiK

    15599

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, I just booked an awesome Air bnb on the Virgin River in Utah for New Year’s. We had talked about going to Zion National Park and just getting a hotel in Springdale, but DH talked me into looking at Air bnbs. This place is great. It’s this cabin right on the River with 4 acres to roam around on.

Is there a fireplace, and do I get my own room?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!

Today is dd's 18th birthday!

There was an ice storm the morning she was born.  Fortunately the hospital was only a couple miles from where we lived.  She was my tiniest baby at 6lb, 5 oz, (a week overdue) and she is still my tiniest.  Strong and wiry, though, lol.

Coffee!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning!  Happy Friday.   Just two classes today, then heading to the restore with dh (it's senior day!) to look at desks/file cabinets.   

This weekend is laundry, laundry and laundry.  Maybe some other cleaning and hopefully starting to decorate.   Inspector is coming today so that should mean we can get some of the boxes out of the kitchen nook.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

Morning!  Happy Friday.   Just two classes today, then heading to the restore with dh (it's senior day!) to look at desks/file cabinets.   

This weekend is laundry, laundry and laundry.  Maybe some other cleaning and hopefully starting to decorate.   Inspector is coming today so that should mean we can get some of the boxes out of the kitchen nook.  

There is a Restore near us, but I've never been to it - what's it like?  I'm doing some preliminary thinking about remodeling the bathrooms.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Friday! (Already?)

I did a fair amount of dusting yesterday, but not much else.  I really should tackle my desk soon.  The piles of clutter are getting better, too, but I'm left with the problem of too much stuff that doesn't have a home.  A lot of the problem is books, notebooks, and binders.  The only books that I'm willing to get rid of are the books that the dc refuse to give up.  Sigh.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!! Whew!!

School and work!!

I’ve only take one pill so far, but the....errrr.... more excruciatingly painful aspects of this UTI have diminished significantly.  A toast to whoever that scientist was who discovered antibiotics.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Is there a fireplace, and do I get my own room?

Hmmm, I don’t remember if there’s a fireplace, and you’ll have to share a room with the girls, but there’s a deck with awesome views of the... whatever, countryside. It looks like this place is in the middle of nowhere. Although it’s 20 minutes from Zion National Park. And it does have WiFi, which calmed oldest DD’s fears considerably.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Friday for the same reason Ellie loves Mondays.  We don't have to go anywhere during the day.  There are no classes (except for dd17's WTMA Japanese class this afternoon), no need to get up early.  Everyone is sleeping in.  I love ending the week with a day like this.   

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

There is a Restore near us, but I've never been to it - what's it like?  I'm doing some preliminary thinking about remodeling the bathrooms.

I'm sure it varies from place to place, we live in a fairly affluent area so ours has some really nice stuff.   Basically it's used furniture mostly, but ours also has books, toys, construction materials (we have a ton of flooring, sinks, tubs, paint, tiles, etc at ours), fish tanks, sometimes odd ball stuff.  Ours has a room with really $$$$$ stuff in it that looks brand new and high end, but the majority of the stuff is your average furniture.  Prices are really good.  I bought a bunch of office chairs for my science center for $20 each, they were still wrapped and brand new, looks like a business shut down right after buying them.   I also bought a chalk board table ($5), a square coffee table ($10), my roll top desk ($50), fabric waiting room type chairs($20 each), a kitchen cabinet piece ($20), and probably some things I'm not remembering right now.    I think I bought a tank for the cockroaches there for $10 or so.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

I'm sure it varies from place to place, we live in a fairly affluent area so ours has some really nice stuff.   Basically it's used furniture mostly, but ours also has books, toys, construction materials (we have a ton of flooring, sinks, tubs, paint, tiles, etc at ours), fish tanks, sometimes odd ball stuff.  Ours has a room with really $$$$$ stuff in it that looks brand new and high end, but the majority of the stuff is your average furniture.  Prices are really good.  I bought a bunch of office chairs for my science center for $20 each, they were still wrapped and brand new, looks like a business shut down right after buying them.   I also bought a chalk board table ($5), a square coffee table ($10), my roll top desk ($50), fabric waiting room type chairs($20 each), a kitchen cabinet piece ($20), and probably some things I'm not remembering right now.    I think I bought a tank for the cockroaches there for $10 or so.  

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

My FIL (colorblind) would paint the inside and outside of his houses a particularly garish yellow color because that was the one color he could see and then he could see where he had painted or not. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

Me too, regarding the paint colors.  The only time we've come up with good colors are when I stole them from someone else, lol.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, but can they see Uranus??

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't understand why this is funny. Please explain.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

I'm great with color. Not being sarcastic.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another FIL colorblind story.  Before I knew that FIL was colorblind (at least to this extent) we had a Silver Alert when MIL wandered off.  I was on the phone with police relaying her description:  pants - grey, shirt - grey, hat - grey etc.  Then dh overheard and said "You realize that he has no idea what colors she is wearing, right?"  Her pants were green.  Her shirt was purple.  Etc.  Oops! 

(We finally found her.  Ds was one of a number of people besides the police who were out looking for her.  He found her sitting on someone's lawn.  As he trotted up to her, she said, "Oh hi!  I know you!"  What a coincidence running into him!  )

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm a bad fur mom.  Made one of Pup's nails bleed!  Oh the humanity!! He seems fully recovered and not emotionally scarred over it.

Dd can tell you about the time she came home and there was blood everywhere.  It was a massacre!  (Actually, Rocky just moved very suddenly when I was clipping his nails and he got cut to the quick.  Fortunately I had some styptic powder and he didn't actually bleed to death.)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never cut my dog’s nails. I refuse to have something held against me that I didn’t want to do in the first place.  He gets them cut at the vet when he goes in to have his ears checked. (We clean them regularly, but we get them checked due to his history of ear infections. He hasn’t had one since we changed his diet though.) 

I tip my hat to anyone brave enough to cut a dog’s nails. Especially my GSD. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I never cut my dog’s nails. I refuse to have something held against me that I didn’t want to do in the first place.  He gets them cut at the vet when he goes in to have his ears checked. (We clean them regularly, but we get them checked due to his history of ear infections. He hasn’t had one since we changed his diet though.) 

I tip my hat to anyone brave enough to cut a dog’s nails. Especially my GSD. 

I have never cut Juliet's nails and she turns three in a couple of days.  She wears them down naturally as she's out running around so much. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dog needs to be sedated to cut his nails so has to go to the vet.  He is an extremely anxious dog, really neurotic.  We've tried giving him benedryl  and/or melatonin before hand (at the recommendation of vet) and it was still a no-go.

I used to clip my cockatiels nails and wings, cat nails, dog nails, etc so it wouldn't bother me to do it, if he wasn't so anxious. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Awww, look at all the productive people!

I wrote a lot yesterday, but that was the extent of my productivity.

🎵All the Productive People,

Where do they all come from?

All the Productive People,

Why aren't they at my house helping me organize? 🎵

😁

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slache said:

 

I'm great with color. Not being sarcastic.

Well, you've been to my house - what color should we paint the bathrooms?  I kind of like gray and white, but if I try to pick out gray at the paint store, the bathrooms will end up the color of old bandaids.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, you've been to my house - what color should we paint the bathrooms?  I kind of like gray and white, but if I try to pick out gray at the paint store, the bathrooms will end up the color of old bandaids.

I don't remember your house except that you hate the location of the stairs. And the rabbit cage idea.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been shalmefully slothful all afternoon.  Skipped story time all together and just told the kids to work on their historical figure research papers, and looked up handy ways to organize things and make things easier to keep tidy, and ate some stuff, and put up some cute little string lights that I got at Aldi, and read some of my book. (Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson.)

Dd18 has always wanted to try sushi, so dh is getting some take-out sushi and Thai for dinner.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday! (Already?)

I did a fair amount of dusting yesterday, but not much else.  I really should tackle my desk soon.  The piles of clutter are getting better, too, but I'm left with the problem of too much stuff that doesn't have a home.  A lot of the problem is books, notebooks, and binders.  The only books that I'm willing to get rid of are the books that the dc refuse to give up.  Sigh.

Without even knowing that I had posted this earlier...

Tonight at dinner dd14 said, "I once got Mom to keep a set of books because I liked the smell of them."

LOL.  A book lover like me, but no wonder we can't get rid of any books.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has eaten beyond what is reasonable.  The red curry was amazing.  Sushi was a combination of nigiri and maki and was excellent also, though ds16 didn't care for it.  He didn't like the rice.  Or apparently anything that the rice had touched!  Lol.  I explained that next time we can get sashimi which has no rice and he seemed interested in that. 
   
 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...