• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Can this week be over now?  Please?

1 hour ago, Carolina Wren said:

All in favor?

Aye! 🙋‍♀️

Oh please, please, please..... I need an extended vacation at the island. Work is crazy and I have a UTI. Just like that. My body doesn’t ease into them anymore. I don’t feel them coming. Just.... boom..... I’m symptomatic all of the sudden, I pull out an AZO test strip and there you go. 

• Sad 3

I just sent dd18 a message telling her that I saw her in a video on her school's facebook page.  She says that she wasn't at that event and it wasn't her.  The girl in the video is wearing a mask, so I can't see all of her facial features, but she looks so much like my dd -- the kind of clothes and shoes she's wearing, her hairstyle, even the way she's standing and looking at the camera.  Now I want to know what this other girl really looks like!

• Like 4

I had to take Cujo to doggy daycare across the street.  I started out by taking her for a walk this morning for potty time instead of putting her in the yard to eat the roofers.  But once they started coming inside to install a skylight type thingy (solartube) she went absolute nuts.  So now she's hanging out and playing with her puppy bff across the street plus a number of other dogs. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am beat. I had a good talk with my doctor. I have four prescriptions, none of which the #@$&# Afsa has ready. I helped DS with an Analysis Paragraph on ch. 3 of Animal Farm, I admired an opossum on our back fence and finished the dishes. I am ready to go to bed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

The wind machines are running. I don’t think it’s even that cold outside, it sounds like a flock of helicopters.

School and work today.

The Afsa had better have my prescription ready this morning, I think I am done with their pharmacy. We went there when we didn’t have insurance because it was significantly cheaper, but their service really stinks. I think we will start up with CVS again.

• Like 5

Morning.   I can't remember if I ever posted yesterday.  This week is kind of a blur.  

Today is one of my long days, 3 classes with fairly involved activities.  Although yesterday was supposed to be an easy day, just 2 classes, yet after just one class I was exhausted and felt like I had been running for hours.  The activity was a big crazy so that's probably why. 

This weekend I have got to do laundry.  Didn't do any last weekend since we were away and I'm running out of clothes.   

I think I want to run to our Habitat Restore and see if I can find a desk for my teacher.  Right now she has a table in a window nook in the room where she teachers, that is also our lobby/entryway (bigger than the room she was using so can spread out more).  Kids are always playing with the stuff on her desk, especially when she's not there.  We have a screen for the classroom portion that can be moved around but a desk would allow drawers/shelves, plus we could rearrange so things weren't so out there.  

• Like 5

In just three days, Mr. Ellie and I will be boarding a plane (aka "flying petrie dish") to Orlando, where we will stay at our timeshare for the next week. Sunday evening we'll have dinner at Disney Springs, and on Monday we'll be at the Magic Kingdom. We are beyond excited.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

She got in before I could bar the door.  I ran to the front with Comcast and Susan and the Helpdesk went to the back! 

Susan - you know that I love you. 

You know that I love you more than my luggage.

quick, what movie was that from??

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm in!!

Comcast tried their darnedest to make trouble, but HelpDesk got me in through the back door.

I need to trim puppies nails - should I be frightened?  (I have a good quality nail trimmer with a guard thing.)

Who IS HelpDesk?  She is so sweet, even in her emails!

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well the Afsa is understaffed at the pharmacy. Fine. But I am dying. I need my antibiotic.

😡 Why don't you have it now?!?!  Better get the ENB ready for an old fashioned stampede!

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know that I love you more than my luggage.

quick, what movie was that from??

😂 I should know this one by now.

23 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Who IS HelpDesk?  She is so sweet, even in her emails!

I know!  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We may need to hold an intervention for Chester and his addiction to pencils.

I told you they were dumb.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Anyone hear from Spudz?  Who is assigned to pester her?

I shall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm a bad fur mom.  Made one of Pup's nails bleed!  Oh the humanity!! He seems fully recovered and not emotionally scarred over it.

There's a powder that you can get to stop this called Quick Stop. It's obviously not necessary in most cases, but some dogs just bleed all over the house for three hours when you do this. Quick stop is not comfortable and I don't use it, but mention it just in case.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Slache said:

There's a powder that you can get to stop this called Quick Stop. It's obviously not necessary in most cases, but some dogs just bleed all over the house for three hours when you do this. Quick stop is not comfortable and I don't use it, but mention it just in case.

I just dipped the paw in flour and that worked.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2