Menu

What's with the ads?

22 minutes ago, Spudater said:

For some reason I want to have a baptism party...eve though we typically get them baptized within the first two or three weeks and i never bounce back well postpartum. I can’t tell if this is a legit desire or pregnancy craziness

Make this one a baptist. Then you can have it when she's like 8.

I'll be the godmother.

BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Spudater said:

For some reason I want to have a baptism party...eve though we typically get them baptized within the first two or three weeks and i never bounce back well postpartum. I can’t tell if this is a legit desire or pregnancy craziness

Can you wait?

• Like 1

For the last week or so doing basic tasks like taking a shower has left me completely out of breath. I am now laying on the bed trying to catch my breath. I don't like it.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

For the last week or so doing basic tasks like taking a shower has left me completely out of breath. I am now laying on the bed trying to catch my breath. I don't like it.

I've had the same and it makes no sense. I'm hoping my thyroid is the culprit. I'm hoping even more that the Dr can actually do something about it this time around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've had the same and it makes no sense. I'm hoping my thyroid is the culprit. I'm hoping even more that the Dr can actually do something about it this time around.

I've found two things online. One, it's the progesterone level. Two, it's the moving upward of the diaphragm in preparation for growth. So either the hormones are making you breathe deeper, or you are actually bearing the burden of a larger baby without the baby being large yet. I believe it's the latter in my case.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I count in weeks. Counting in days would make it feel like forever away.

32 weeks.

No.

• Like 2

The day changes every day. Every day gets better. I have watched my debt go from over 1,700 to 876.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

I like that number better. Seems smaller, somehow.

No. Weeks are long, days are short. 32 weeks is forever.

It's funny we see it differently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Craziness.

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't count.

Edited by Renai
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Amazon math:

• Delivery Attempt Rate: 100%
  • Delivery Success Rate: 100%
  • On-Time Delivery/Attempt Rate: 100%
  • Overall rating: 95%

:blink:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I always counted by length of time between doctor visits.

I wish I was having another one! But without the constant sickness, tiredness, and pain.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I wish I was having another one! But without the constant sickness, tiredness, and pain.

Yes to this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Can you wait?

I wouldn’t want to. It’s important to me to do it early. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I always counted by length of time between doctor visits.

That would be awesome. We’d probably have ten. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

That would be awesome. We’d probably have ten. 

Not enough Ms.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I always just assumed it was from weakness due to being sick. But yeah, I get done in the shower and I’m tired and sweating. It was making me cranky trying to go straight from that to starting the day so now I just lay down for 10 minutes and rest first. 

• Like 4

Not enough Ms.

We’d need more boys. I’ve still got lots of boy ms. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I always just assumed it was from weakness due to being sick. But yeah, I get done in the shower and I’m tired and sweating. It was making me cranky trying to go straight from that to starting the day so now I just lay down for 10 minutes and rest first. 

That tired and sweaty after a shower was the only thing I had with ds12.  That's one reason we thought it was menopause 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've found two things online. One, it's the progesterone level. Two, it's the moving upward of the diaphragm in preparation for growth. So either the hormones are making you breathe deeper, or you are actually bearing the burden of a larger baby without the baby being large yet. I believe it's the latter in my case.

The latter happens in later pregnancy, when the diaphragm is one of the organs being pushed upward.  The first is early pregnancy.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

The latter happens in later pregnancy, when the diaphragm is one of the organs being pushed upward.  The first is early pregnancy.

According to what I read it begins moving up early on in preparation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

According to what I read it begins moving up early on in preparation.

True, but not by that much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

True, but not by that much.

4cm

• Like 1

Ok, who wants to take bets on how many times the kids get up in the next hour?

• Haha 2

My hips are absolutely killing me. I miss wine. And please don't tell me that it's okay to drink wine while pregnant because I am not throwing up wine.

• Sad 4

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

My hips are absolutely killing me. I miss wine. And please don't tell me that it's okay to drink wine while pregnant because I am not throwing up wine.

Sitting on an exercise ball any help?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Sitting on an exercise ball any help?

I have never tried this? It's deflated. I don't know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Well, it only works if it's inflated, so...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

It’s a lot easier on my hips than a normal chair. That was pretty much all I sat on the third trimester last time. Also slept with a pillow between my legs. Still a lot of hip pain but better than it would have been. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Dd21 comes home tomorrow.  We haven't heard from her since 3am when she told us her flight was delayed.  Hopefully her flights and connections were worked out and she will let us know when she get to Toronto.

Good night, ITT!  Sleep well!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

EdPo: I feel like I wasted a lot of money on BJU dlo packages this year. Remind me next year not to buy this stuff. Quiet Boy is down to just the science and history. The Girl is down to the spelling, science, and (for now) the math. I find this REALLY irritating. I always do this. SIGH! Can't send it back so chalk it up to stupid tax again. I just asked on the K-8 board if it is too late to switch The Girl to Singapore Math. Argh!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Story time!!  Grab your cuppa and come listen to The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.

That is one of my favorite books!

• Like 2

Speaking of which, instead of MFW I could just do SOTW, Apologia and something for Bible. That would be about $400 less. I really like the look of MFW though.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

i guess it would be irresponsible to make peanut butter brownies at 4:30 in the morning. 

Nah.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of which, instead of MFW I could just do SOTW, Apologia and something for Bible. That would be about $400 less. I really like the look of MFW though.

Yes.  Do that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Nah.

I was pretty sure you were going to say “only if you don’t share”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

I was pretty sure you were going to say “only if you don’t share”

Well that goes without saying.

• Like 2

Having MFW was the only reason any kind of school got done while I was pregnant. I really liked the way I didn't have to think it all out, so I could just open and go. 

That said, ymmv. I feel like we still sucked at ECC, and since Reader will be 9th grade when we come around to it again, I'm going to be looking for a Morning Basket style geography to use over the next 4 years so she still has more of a knowledge of the world than I've given her this year.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Will take thoughts and opinions:

I'm totally annoyed for you that you had to "justify" what you were asking for so many times.  🙄  Singapore used to have a challenging word problems series by level, but I think it's more oriented towards learning bar diagrams for problem solving than the kind of problem you're talking about.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Having MFW was the only reason any kind of school got done while I was pregnant. I really liked the way I didn't have to think it all out, so I could just open and go. 

That said, ymmv. I feel like we still sucked at ECC, and since Reader will be 9th grade when we come around to it again, I'm going to be looking for a Morning Basket style geography to use over the next 4 years so she still has more of a knowledge of the world than I've given her this year.

SOTW and Apologia are open and go if you do them as poorly as we do. I always order the entire book basket at the beginning of the term and keep it in my closet, print the term's workbook pages at the beginning and we don't do apologia's experiments don'tlectureme! So, 2 hours at the beginning of the term, maybe 30 minutes of school per day for those two subjects.

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm totally annoyed for you that you had to "justify" what you were asking for so many times.  🙄  Singapore used to have a challenging word problems series by level, but I think it's more oriented towards learning bar diagrams for problem solving than the kind of problem you're talking about.  

I'm getting Mind Benders. One of two things is happening. It could be a learning disability or it could just be me over analyzing the situation. If it's a problem then this should help and strengthen, if it's not then he'll do 5 minutes of games a few days a week for no reason. There's a store by church that has a bunch of CTC stuff so I can look at it.

• Like 5

SOTW and Apologia are open and go if you do them as poorly as we do. I always order the entire book basket at the beginning of the term and keep it in my closet, print the term's workbook pages at the beginning and we don't do apologia's experiments don'tlectureme! So, 2 hours at the beginning of the term, maybe 30 minutes of school per day for those two subjects.

I'm getting Mind Benders. One of two things is happening. It could be a learning disability or it could just be me over analyzing the situation. If it's a problem then this should help and strengthen, if it's not then he'll do 5 minutes of games a few days a week for no reason. There's a store by church that has a bunch of CTC stuff so I can look at it.

Sounds good to me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

So much talk about curriculum so early in the morning.  And all without warnings! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7