• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

I put the lights on the tree, put away some of the regular knick-knacks to make room for Christmas decorations, and helped dh determine which decorations are not being put up this year.  (Dd18 does the lion's share of the decorating here and she's still at college.)

• Like 4

We helped decorate the church for Advent.  It's all purtified, though it's really a lovely old place year-round.

Then dds14&11 and I went to Chester's training session.  He learned "place" and the trainer guy got him to climb onto an upside-down plastic bin.  He was afraid of going on it the first few times and it looked like the scene in Elf when Buddy is going up the escalator.  😁   

Is 6:00 too early to go to bed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, We are back home and I am super looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  Tomorrow we have Thanksgiving Part 2, dinner with my mom and oldest dd.  

I think we'll probably put up our tree next weekend.  There's still a bunch of tools and boxes in the dining nook where our tree is going to go.  The inspector is coming Friday and once he's done, dh can put all that crap somewhere else and we'll have a space for the tree. 

Dh is super strict on no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving (years of working retail has me completely on board with that one), and no tree/decorations until after Thanksgiving (I'm okay with that too), but he started watching those smarmy Christmas Hallmark movies back in October!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morning.   Thanksgiving Part 2 today, along with working on classes and setting up school.    So, the usual.    But, I'm getting classes completely planned for at least the next 3 weeks so then I don't have to think about it anymore until Christmas break.  (at least that's the plan, we'll see).

• Like 3

Does anyone here do hormonal birth control in your 30s and 40s? I've not done it in a decade because I was afraid of causing a miscarriage but now that I know that won't happen I'm considering it for the pain and exhaustion related to my cycle. It's bad.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Slache said:

Does anyone here do hormonal birth control in your 30s and 40s? I've not done it in a decade because I was afraid of causing a miscarriage but now that I know that won't happen I'm considering it for the pain and exhaustion related to my cycle. It's bad.

I did one short stint mid thirties, but didn't like the side effects and stopped.  But if I were in your shoes, I would totally try it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m watching Sportsball. Got some bills paid. We watched church online this morning. Our church opened up in October and now we’ve had some positive cases tied to the choir. I’m kind of surprised they decided to do in-person this morning, but we decided to stay home. All the Bible studies, youth groups, etc. have been cancelled for the week. 

• Like 3

Sad venting for a moment:

My sister is moving across the country and left today.  She stopped half an hour away from my house to eat dinner and didn't tell me until she was packed up again ready to leave. 😞

She said that she didn't want to see anyone because of COVID -- which I get; I'm being more careful than she is -- but we still could have talked across a parking lot for a few minutes.

I haven't seen her since last Christmas and I'm near tears...

• Sad 9
9 hours ago, Slache said:

I did for my entire 30's except when pregnant and a brief time in my 40's until I had an ablation.   I was also on them for most of my 20s.  I always had wacky heavy periods to the point where I was hospitalized once for severe anemia.  I never had any particular problems with the pill except in my late 40's when I started getting a lot of breakthrough on the mini-pill, which is when we decided on the ablation.  I didn't really want to keep taking hormonal birth control much longer at that age.

There was a recent post with someone asking about it for their teenager and a lot of people gave their experiences.  It might be worth looking up. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm trying to face the reality that everything starts back up tomorrow.  😩

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am in a complete state of denial.

I'm pretending that the light dusting of snow we may or may not get in the morning means I will get the whole day off, plus maid service and a chef.  And Jeeves.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm trying to face the reality that everything starts back up tomorrow.  😩

Don't scare me like that! Tuesday. Everything starts back up on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, DorothyNJ said:

I did for my entire 30's except when pregnant and a brief time in my 40's until I had an ablation.   I was also on them for most of my 20s.  I always had wacky heavy periods to the point where I was hospitalized once for severe anemia.  I never had any particular problems with the pill except in my late 40's when I started getting a lot of breakthrough on the mini-pill, which is when we decided on the ablation.  I didn't really want to keep taking hormonal birth control much longer at that age.

There was a recent post with someone asking about it for their teenager and a lot of people gave their experiences.  It might be worth looking up. 

Thank you!

• Like 2