Menu

26 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Call me weird but I love creme brûlée and hate flan. Like, flan makes me gag.  It’s a mental thing that I have no control over.

You're weird.

25 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I almost took out the “like” in my post above, but then I decided it really did need to be there. Because, like, totally. Y’know?

I'm rubbing off on you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 190.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

I needed to bump our ficus up to a larger pot, so I got my Christmas gift early.  I picked out a blue pot with a palm tree design. Goes with my newly-painted blue Adirondack chairs. 

BF0DE344-380E-4B8E-A3C7-4D406E3D0815.jpeg

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

Morning, by the way.

I'm in between my walking sessions and writing out the day's plan. Looks like I'm going to be busy. I got all wound up yesterday and wrote 10,000 words. I guess that means today I could just write 5000 and be good. See how it goes later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I made it back home alive!  It was a little iffy there for a bit.  Whole Foods, Lobby of Hobby, and Kroger.  Madhouses, every one of them.  But at least I found the things for Thanksgiving dinner and the Advent Calendar and a few little doodads for Dd22 & Roommates.  I couldn't find any Walker's shortbread, but maybe I can get dd11 to bake some.

I have to make a phone call and I don't wanna.

• Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are you serious? Sure.

Yep. I thought of the adjectives I wanted to paint right away. Rosy and soft. So that's a good indicator that it would be a good picture for me to paint.

ETA: It's a paint all the things Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Yep. I thought of the adjectives I wanted to paint right away. Rosy and soft. So that's a good indicator that it would be a good picture for me to paint.

ETA: It's a paint all the things Booyah!

Isaac says #noh. Slache says you have to upload it.

• Haha 5
46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Who is it that mentioned Metaxes’ bio of Bonhoeffer?? It is such a good book.

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think Junie is reading it right now.

I actually just finished it a few days ago. 

I knew nothing about Dietrich Bonhoeffer when I started the book.  I really enjoyed it.  It was really long, but it was very well written.  I'm so glad I read it.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So is it weird that I would have a consultation with an endocrine surgeon before seeing the endocrinologist?  Everybody has all my test results and scans and stuff.  Do I need to make another phone call?  I don't want to.

I don't know.  (((hugs)))

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Junie said:

I actually just finished it a few days ago. 

I knew nothing about Dietrich Bonhoeffer when I started the book.  I really enjoyed it.  It was really long, but it was very well written.  I'm so glad I read it.  

It is really well written. And I am learning a lot about Germany. I just never knew the profound depth of meaning and feeling and reverence that the German people had toward Martin Luther. The German people are different. And I don’t mean that in a bad way.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So is it weird that I would have a consultation with an endocrine surgeon before seeing the endocrinologist?  Everybody has all my test results and scans and stuff.  Do I need to make another phone call?  I don't want to.

I’m sorry, Susan. You probably should make another phone call. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Morning.   I'm not responsible for anything having to do with Thanksgiving Dinner so I'm just having my normal morning.   Mostly.  Tea, granola bars for breakfast.  I am doing some laundry since clothes will be needed.   We are heading down to MIL's this afternoon.   Only a couple hour drive and she's all by herself, dh is the one who goes down and helps her out every couple of weekends so she's already part of our group.   

Everyone seems to really like this picture from our kayaking day.  I find it calming.

20201121_140513.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

Way to not spackle the dog, Jean!  

The wind is really blowing right now - a wet rainy day.  But it looks like things should clear up for tomorrow.  We are planning to go to the Big Used Bookstore this afternoon.  Otherwise, just story time and lots of Thanksgiving dinner prep.  Our turkey is a little bigger than usual, so I may see what I can do with it a bit tonight if it's thawed.  I should also do laundry.  And clean my room.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!

Thanksgiving Eve.

Nothing much planned for the day. I’ve had a mild intestinal bug all week, which has kept me laying around. Gotten some good reading done, though. And of course making good use of the Friendly Ap. Three Hallmark Channels. Awesome Christmas movies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So dd11 and I are in the kitchen putting the turkey dressing together and listening to a song I am supposed to make an arrangement of for a wedding - "Let Me Down Easy" by Gang of Youths - and it's a sort of peppy/mildly angsty song and we're bouncing along to it and then oops...that was a BAD word they snuck in there! 😳😅 Better do my arrangIng with headphones. 😁

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need something else to do besides laying around watching Hallmark Christmas Movies. This has become a real problem In my life. I blame Angi.

It's always Angi's fault!  She is such a stinker! Lol.

This is why I am glad for my new arranging project.  The wedding isn't until June, and as things are it may or may not happen, but it's at least something.  Of course, it would also be good for me to get started on Christmas presents and Advent Calendar stuff.  But I will wait until after tomorrow to do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1