• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's playing Silent Night on the violin. He's getting good at it. I still hate the violin.

My violin player is at college.  I miss hearing her play.

I've thought about recording dd16 playing her flute so that I can listen to it when she's gone.  She doesn't like being recorded, though.  Maybe she can be bought with chocolate?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

I've thought about recording dd16 playing her flute so that I can listen to it when she's gone.  She doesn't like being recorded, though.  Maybe she can be bought with chocolate?

I should think so.

• Like 3

I made signs so we can play Whack-a-solfege in children's choir next week.  Also arranged two pieces for mandolin to accompany said choir - just to use for class.  They aren't singing in a service like usual - and printed out lyrics to the songs.  

There is a coyote roaming around the neighborhood.  I have been fairly firm in not allowing the children to attempt to befriend it.  

Now must finish afternoon coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I've recorded Oldest singing ( when he was younger) in his room because the baby monitor happened to be on. And I just happened to hit record on my phone from another room.

• Like 4

So, I drove half an hour for a family visit, waited half an hour, got stood up and came home. I never know what to do in those situations. Sure, I could call, but likely they forgot, so if I call it frazzles everyone, they rush to get there, I’m tired because I’ve already been sitting there for half hour to forty-five minutes. Honestly, I’d rather just reschedule. but, I think, I made the time to get there.... I don’t know. I never know how to deal with people.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

5! Did it work? Nope.

Now do it 50 more times. If no one interrupts you'll get a whole page. I have a whole page while massively high from a dental emergency. It's riddled with typos and I told an ITTer to suck it. One of my finer moments.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I’m done for the day. Got some stuff done. I’m ready for the weekend. I need to catch up on reading. The end of the year is approaching and I need to get some books finished for my reading challenge. I feel like an accountant. I guess I am. A book accountant.🤣

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I accidentally took my nighttime meds in the morning. I would make a horrible drug addict as I hate looking at life from the bottom of a fishbowl. 

Me too.  Plus all the narcotics make me puke.   Nothing fun about that.

I just finished making peach looking buns for dd's costume.  We tried to make buns with her wig for her party tonight and then she told me the "buns" were actually peaches.  So I suggested making them out of fabric.  

This is the character she's dressing as.  It's Peach Cookie from Cookie Run game.   I ordered a kurta for the top, she has white gi pants so it was just the hair giving us trouble.

Peach Cookie - Cookie Run by CubedCake on DeviantArt

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Now do it 50 more times. If no one interrupts you'll get a whole page. I have a whole page while massively high from a dental emergency. It's riddled with typos and I told an ITTer to suck it. One of my finer moments.

I think that’s when I started liking you.

• Haha 5

Morning.  Slept in a little bit this morning.  First time in a long time (had to get up early with all the construction, they started at 8am).  It was so nice, I think I'll do it again tomorrow.   I'm having my tea and some scrambled eggs for energy before I tackle the big pile in my living room. 

We'll head over to my mom's for a small amount of Trick or Treating after dinner. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Slache said:

10 hours ago, ikslo said:

I think that’s when I started liking you.

Slashie is that feisty little sister I never had.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I had coffee early, after swim drop-off.

It’s cold!  😩😩😩.  Heat pumps put out cold “heat” imho. What are your tips for staying warm inside?  I already wear wool socks. 

This is the first time we've gotten below freezing since we put our heat pump system in.  It's working pretty well, probably helped by the fact the house is no longer super drafty.  I did turn it up last night.

I'm almost always cold so I do warm socks, hoodies, and we always have blankets around to snuggle under.  

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I sewed a mask for Oldest yesterday. Took me longer to remember how to thread my machine than it did to sew the single straight stitch needed. But it's done and he loves it so it was worth the effort. I'm becoming a fan of DIY costumes. Warmer. And wearable beyond just 1 day of the year.

We have done DIY costumes for the past 10 or so years.  Not purposely but the kids kept wanting to be things that didn't have store costumes available.    I do like that they can wear the clothes after.  Ds was a skeleton a few years ago and I painted bones on black pants.  He still wears them out of the house all year round.  

• Like 3