• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Jean, tell me to get up and do something useful!

I should spend 15 minutes in the pantry (cleaning, not sobbing), and then practice mandolin.  I am currently working on 3 songs - The Sussex Carol, Let All Things Now Living (Ash Grove), and Ninna Nanna, which was recommended by a friend from church. 

39 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ah, based on posts then. I wondered. Thanks.

I don't know. Guessing.

36 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, will you be in the drum line with me?  I know you want to.  

No.

27 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I just realized the date. It's almost NOVEMBER?!

No.

22 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I need to figure out what's for dinner fast so I can start cooking it.

Tuna.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Jean, tell me to get up and do something useful!

I should spend 15 minutes in the pantry (cleaning, not sobbing), and then practice mandolin.  I am currently working on 3 songs - The Sussex Carol, Let All Things Now Living (Ash Grove), and Ninna Nanna, which was recommended by a friend from church. 

Get up and do something useful!  Or at least write the mandolin or ukelele music for "We are ITT!" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Get up and do something useful!  Or at least write the mandolin or ukelele music for "We are ITT!" 

Thank you!  Some Progress has been made in the pantry.  Plus I found a jar of organic honey hiding in a paper bag.

Imma go with ukulele for the fight song.  Depending on the chords.  Better get to work on that.

• Like 2

Since dh stays downstairs babysitting the Friday releases on Thursday nights, (sometimes until 2am), I have my own movie night.  What should I watch tonight?  I could go for something scary/thriller.  I prefer psychological thrillers over gory thrillers.   I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Now we are carving pumpkins and listening to The Nightfly (Donald Fagen).  Ruby Ruby Ruby Baby!

I find that I enjoy background music much more when it is coming from a record player.  (As opposed to a CD or digital device thing or radio)  Otherwise I tend to tire of it too quickly.

I wasn't sure why you were craving pumpkins tonight because then they would go bad by Halloween. That's how well I'm keeping track of things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Since dh stays downstairs babysitting the Friday releases on Thursday nights, (sometimes until 2am), I have my own movie night.  What should I watch tonight?  I could go for something scary/thriller.  I prefer psychological thrillers over gory thrillers.   I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.

Psychological thrillers makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock.  The classics. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Slache said:

I wasn't sure why you were craving pumpkins tonight because then they would go bad by Halloween. That's how well I'm keeping track of things.

Well, considering you have a Very Small Person and three other Small People and one Grown Person to manage, that's understandable.  Today is Thursday.  Halloween/Reformation Day is Saturday.  All Saints Day is Sunday.

#alwayscravingpumpkinpie

Edited by Susan in TN

I drove around a lot today. One and a half hours there and the same back home. It was a pretty easy drive, though, and I was so glad I got to see the family. They are so sweet and you can learn so much about what they are doing homeschooling by looking at the work in your hands and talking to them in person. Zoom is for the birds.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I drove around a lot today. One and a half hours there and the same back home. It was a pretty easy drive, though, and I was so glad I got to see the family. They are so sweet and you can learn so much about what they are doing homeschooling by looking at the work in your hands and talking to them in person. Zoom is for the birds.

Tweet!

I actually kind of like zoom... (hiding)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

It's Friday!

We have zoom violin/viola lessons this afternoon, otherwise just regular lessons.  We are a little behind on the storytime schedule - Anne of Green Gables took a few days longer than expected.  Now we are part-reading through Romeo and Juliet.  We were supposed to finish today, but it will be next week. I scheduled 4 weeks for our next book, though, so we should have time.  I still have to decide between William the Good and The Charlatan's Boy.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

The only way I got up this morning was by reminding myself of the fact that tomorrow I can sleep in as long as o want AND Sunday is Daylight Savings Time so I get an extra hour there.. 

School and work today. Another family visit this afternoon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Junie said:

Tweet!

I actually kind of like zoom... (hiding)

Zoom is definitely more convenient, but for what I do.... the in-person meetings are so valuable. I try to build strong relationships with these families and it’s just not possible over Zoom or the phone. Yesterday’s visit literally took half my day, but it was so worth it and I am so glad I did it.

• Like 3

Morning.  Kind of glad this week is over.  Class registrations actually look pretty good for my next session so yah for that.   

I'm trying to talk my kids out of going trick or treating.  But ds says that's the fun part.  He doesn't even eat any of the candy.  

dd has a party at TKD tonight and ds is wearing his costume to class today.  I was hoping tht would be enough for them.  

At least they're old enough I can just hang in the car or at my mom's and let them go alone.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I need to make a to-do list.  But I'm already questioning what my goals are today.  I'm not sure this is going to be productive, lol.  

Try this one:

Coffee     
Snuggle in blanket on sofa     
Answer child's question
Aimless internet browsing
Lunch   
Nap     
Cookies and coffee    
Might as well put off everything until tomorrow    
Read
Order takeout   
Movies and popcorn   
Bed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Try this one:

Coffee     
Snuggle in blanket on sofa     
Answer child's question
Aimless internet browsing
Lunch   
Nap     
Cookies and coffee    
Might as well put off everything until tomorrow    
Read
Order takeout   
Movies and popcorn   
Bed

Yes!  Depending on what the child's question is.  🤣

• Haha 2

I have to spend this weekend cleaning the entire house and putting things back where they sort of belong.   It's going to be a doozy of a project but it must be done.    I made sure all my classes for next week are finalized so I don't have to work on any of those over the weekend and can just concentrate on the house.  Dh is going to visit his mom so he'll be out of my way which will make it easier. 

I guess I'll have to take a brief break for the kids to Trick or Treat.  They can't go in our neighborhood, nobody does because it's super dark with no street lights and hilly narrow roads.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

I have to spend this weekend cleaning the entire house and putting things back where they sort of belong.   It's going to be a doozy of a project but it must be done.    

Svengo!  What a relief to have the construction done with, though!

14 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

I like Susan's to-do list better. 

Yes.

• Like 2

I have accomplished an amazing amount of things  😆 

coffee'd 
2nd coffee'd with very bad breakfast treat
talked to children who needed talking to about their plans for the day
showered
dressed
read and marked up ds's Hamlet essay (but still have to have a long conversation with him about it - long because I need him to explain things to me.  🤣  )
Folded one load
washed basketball uniform and hung it to dry
started another load
took clean towels upstairs
found an extra string backpack for ds because his is wearing out
Also found extra dairy digestive aid for dd and my pencil bag I normally keep in my purse <Random>

• Thanks 3