• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I had a really weird dream.  I was trying to hang a closet organizer for dd12, my neighbor was trying to get a Coke machine put into his basement, Chuck Schumer was requesting blueberry pancakes and Joni Ernst wanted Mr. Goodbars.  And somehow this all made sense until the moment I woke up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yeah, yeah. Slachie knows all the things. 😂

Matt designs T shirts. I've done a few under his account.

24 minutes ago, Junie said:

Hobbling around the house with my cane today.

There's a hurricane a'comin', y'all.

(((Junie)))

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Maybe we don't need a new math program, but just supplemental games to help him re-cement the math facts. How on earth can he master and then forget 2+5, but he remembers how to skip count by 7s all the way to 7x12?!

Math Mammoth taught a 2-person card game where you divide the deck (or decks -  number cards only) between the two people and each person lays down a card.  You add the numbers together and the person who calls out the correct sum gets the cards.  Whoever has the most cards at the end wins.  You can do it with multiplication, too.  I suppose you can even do it with multiple players if you want to add more than two numbers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are your kids dressing up for Halloween (with or without trick-or-treating)?  My kids are.  The highschoolers are dressing up for a "Fall Party" at tutorial tomorrow.  Dd17 is going as Sans (a character from a video game), ds15 is going as Sherlock Holmes, Dd14 will be a snowy owl, and dd11 a chef.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Maybe we don't need a new math program, but just supplemental games to help him re-cement the math facts. How on earth can he master and then forget 2+5, but he remembers how to skip count by 7s all the way to 7x12?!

Xtra Math.

It's a "Slachie knows all the things," booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ds is dressing as some video game character I don't know what he's called, and dd is going as Peach Cookie from Cookie Run.   dd is going to her TKD party on Friday, ds will wear his to class on Friday.  I don't know if they'll trick or treat.   It's going to be cold and possibly wet.  I'm thinking I'll just offer to buy them their favorite candy.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am a wreck. I had to make phone calls. I was so stressed I vacuumed my entire house. Now I hear a cat crying and I have no idea where she is. I don’t care. She’s just whining to get in the house. Or go out.

Next time you have to make phone calls, you are welcome to come to my house.  I'll put the vacuum in a convenient place.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Last night of not-Awana. I got a chill. It’s not really that cold outside, but when your system has had 5 months of 90+ degree weather.... well, anything below 75 degrees is cold.

That happened to me after our church's fall festival, even though I had my winter coat and gloves (and it was just in the 50s, I think, but also damp).  I ended up sleeping in pajamas, plus sweatshirt, plus bathrobe that night!  🤣

• Like 3

Morning.  I'm having a slow relaxed morning since my first class isn't until 11:30 and dd asked to work out tomorrow instead of today.     It was a good day to sleep in.  It's gloomy and rainy and icky, we're getting remnants of zeta today.  

This weekend is going to be spent cleaning up from the construction.  I need to deep clean EVERYTHING.   I'm sure I won't get it all done but I have to at least get to the main spaces, even if I don't get all the nooks and crannys.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

School and work. I have a math intervention training this morning and then this afternoon I am driving all the way out to the West Side to visit a family I haven’t seen in person since..... I can’t remember when. I’m looking forward to it, even though it’s going to be a long drive. The mom just had a baby, too.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What's cottage pie? I've only recently discovered (and fallen in love with) shepherds pie. 

It's what real cooks call shepherd's pie that is made with something that's not lamb - beef?  Pork?  I can't remember which one.  I call them all shepherd's pie regardless of what I put in it because I am old and of feeble mind and/or lazy.  Lol. 

• Like 2

It was quite warm this morning, almost 70*, but will get steadily colder through the day.  Gas was only $1.77 at my favorite gas station this morning!  Near my house, the gas is running $2.37.  

It seems I am gradually starting to earn a little mailbox money again.  Most of the purchases will be by string quartets and ensembles that perform for corporate and social events, and maybe some lucky groups are getting Christmas gigs.  Could be by the end of November I will earn enough to buy everyone a popsicle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It's what real cooks call shepherd's pie that is made with something that's not lamb - beef?  Pork?  I can't remember which one.  I call them all shepherd's pie regardless of what I put in it because I am old and of feeble mind and/or lazy.  Lol. 

Good to know. By this definition, I've been making cottage pie all along then. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

I found a math app today for extra drilling. Not timed but I can choose which arithmetic functions and how high the numbers go. Throws confetti and cool noise for correct answers and buzzes for wrong answers and keeps track of how many correct/wrong answers in the top corner. It just keeps going and going as long as you want to keep playing. Oldest keeps asking to play again and was even doing more white board math to earn the privilege. 😁

FYI: white board math is just my term for me picking problems from his textbook assignment and writing them on a white board easel for him to solve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1