Menu

What's with the ads?

Bookie!  Good job - he’s such a fatty!!

susan - I vote for 72 hour bug. But if you go, I would buy Bob Evans mashed potatoes - very easy. 

eta. It’s a kiss and squeeze the baby fat booyah!  ❤️

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Aren't we both turning 29?

1. Slache-Debone the turkey so it's ugly.

2. Matt-Forget it at home.

I like my age.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Become a stay-at-home mom they said. You'll get to sit around all day eating bon-bons and gossiping about Joan they said.

Who's Joan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

Who's Joan?

You haven't heard????!!??

J/k. I have no idea whether Joan is merely allegorical.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, maize said:

Dh is doing much better this evening.

We are having cheesecake.

I love cheesecake. Yay for DH feeling better.

• Like 2

I actually don't want to be eating raisins, but I'm trying to cut down on my pasta-before-bed habit.  And we're almost out of yogurt.  So, I'm eating raisins.  (shh.  some of them are chocolate-covered raisins...)

• Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, Junie said:

I actually don't want to be eating raisins, but I'm trying to cut down on my pasta-before-bed habit.  And we're almost out of yogurt.  So, I'm eating raisins.  (shh.  some of them are chocolate-covered raisins...)

The chocolate is necessary for its medically therapeutic properties.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

My mom!

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

My MIL!

It seems that Krissi and Susan's dh are sister and brother.

Edited by Junie
  • Haha 4

So, here’s a question for the ages.....

When do you throw out all the mateless socks?? 

And to piggyback on that.... where do the missing socks go?? I’m being quite serious. They cannot just disappear. They have to be somewhere,

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

So, here’s a question for the ages.....

When do you throw out all the mateless socks?? 

And to piggyback on that.... where do the missing socks go?? I’m being quite serious. They cannot just disappear. They have to be somewhere,

Take your dryer apart. That's where they went. My sock method:

Everyone has one "set" of socks. Think 12 pack of white gym socks with red stripes on top or 10 pack of ankle socks. Everyone has one set, all exactly the same. When they have sufficiently worn out the set it gets tossed as a whole, including the stragglers. Since all of an individuals socks match there are many less stragglers.

• Like 3

Morning.  No school closing today.   Every place just has delayed openings so my classes go on as scheduled.   dh is heading into work now and will let me know how the roads are so I can decide if I go in early like usual or wait until they clear the roads better because it's almost time for school.  

Nice holiday party last night.  Not too many people there but the kids had fun.  One of their friends has joined our club so that was nice.  Her and ds played Switch for a while.  Bad part was one of their other friends was evidently feeling left out.   Shouldn't be a problem in general since our meetings our usual more structured.

• Like 2

"Thy words were found, and I did eat them;"

This gives a whole new meaning to eating all the things.

• Haha 2

Good morning!

I have to take dd21 to get some shots this morning.  Tonight is the girls' orchestra concert.  At some point I need to go with dd21 and ds15 to  Target.  Grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

They CAN and DO disappear, because they are sneaky little devils!

• Like 2

I am totes serious about them bring in the dryer. I used to repair dryers. They're full of socks and underwear, sometimes shirts.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Haven't you seen How To Train Your Dragon? The trolls steal your socks.

Happy birthday Slache! Your tree is lovely.

I want to eat All.The.Things.

EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!  You have reason to, so do it for the rest of us and we will live vicariously through you!

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Yay for cheese cake.  Happy Nirthday Mr. Maize!!!  🎂🎉

Happy Nirthday Slashie!!!  🎉🎂❤️  Beautiful decorations!

Bookie - it takes lots of eating and drinking to keep that big boy so plump!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

I HAVE to get things done today. Not much got done yesterday! The little girls have their last piano lesson before vacation. DS has a soccer game, too.

Happy Nirthday, Slashie!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎂🎂🎂🎈🎈🎈❤️❤️

DH tells me to buy everyone the same type of socks. That’s what he has. Black socks for work and athletic socks for other stuff. No real need for matching. But while that make work for him, it doesn’t work for the rest of us. I may have to ask him to take the dryer apart.

• Like 3

I barely got anything done yesterday. In fact, nothing except dinner. We were moving so slowly, and had a gingerbread house decorating party with good friends. It started at 10:30 and we got there at 11:30. There were SO. MANY. PEOPLE. And I was sooo tired. I was antisocial until it was just a couple that came over to where I was helping Gymnast and I asked a few questions about a Lego robotics club. Most people know me since I moderate different homeschool groups and disseminate a lot of information. 

I was able to print out the Christmas study I purchased on TPT, though. I'm such a visual person, I just went ahead and printed out the 150 pages or so, and I'll pick what I want to do from there. I just can't read so much on screen anymore.

So, today, I buy a ham that's on sale at Smith's, and then I'll go look and see if there inversion tables on sale locally. If not, I'll have to go through Amazon. Dh could use one for his back.

YA'LL! Yesterday, I was telling Slash about a watch that I had bought for Gymnast a couple of months ago, and when I went to get it for a pic I found MONEY! I had lost it over a month ago, and was racking my brain trying to figure out if I had spent it or how. Nope, it just fell in the envelope I had the watch hiding in. It's little mini cabinet on my dresser that I use to stash things because no one thinks to look in there since they think I have jewelry in it. So, half the money goes to savings and the other I'm looking for a cheap inversion table that is sturdy enough that it won't fall apart when dh is upside down.

I'm also looking at getting him an electric lunchbox that can be hooked up in his truck. With the Amazon gift card that I'm getting on Wednesday through VIPKid, it'll be almost free.

Oh, the rest of the Christmas shopping is done. We only buy for immediate family. For Dancer, she's getting what I'm getting: some fitness leggings my youngest sister has designed. She's a dance fitness instructor, and is starting her own clothing line. I shop for both Gymnast's Christmas and birthday, so I'm sure the things I want are in stock. I'll decide when the stuff gets here what will be for which occasion. Most of it will be here Friday.

Dh keeps asking why there is nothing under the tree. I told him it's because there is nothing to put under the tree. Now I see why the kids I have three weeks off of school. This week has gone by so fast, it would have been nuts dealing with school stuff, then the kids getting out Friday, having just the weekend to pull everything else together and then Christmas BAM!

• Like 7

We didn't have 43 candles for dh's cake yesterday so the kids used the candles to write 43 in Roman numerals and then we looked up how to sing Happy Birthday in Latin and sang it to him 🙂

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

In one of my younger classes today (kids 7 to 10'ish), one of the kids announced Santa isn't real.  I know there are different opinions about "doing Santa" but it appeared the majority of the other kids did believe (one I'm not sure of).  I wasn't sure how to handle it.   I did mention it to one of the moms just so she knew she might get some questions and where they came from, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions if it comes up again.  They didn't ask me directly if he was real or not, and I wasn't even sure how to tell the kid that he shouldn't be announcing things like that in class without giving the game away.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

In one of my younger classes today (kids 7 to 10'ish), one of the kids announced Santa isn't real.  I know there are different opinions about "doing Santa" but it appeared the majority of the other kids did believe (one I'm not sure of).  I wasn't sure how to handle it.   I did mention it to one of the moms just so she knew she might get some questions and where they came from, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions if it comes up again.  They didn't ask me directly if he was real or not, and I wasn't even sure how to tell the kid that he shouldn't be announcing things like that in class without giving the game away.

"It's up to the parents to decide when to tell this to their children. This is not your place." But maybe worded better.

We do not santa but my kids know not to say anything.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

They CAN and DO disappear, because they are sneaky little devils!

Yes, socks have speedy little legs around here and if I do happen to find them, they're usually outgrown by that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love my pretty living room. Our last few Christmases were so dark in that dark, tiny apartment. I keep looking at it. Christmas is just so pretty anyway. I threw the extra lights in our palm tree and I'm tempted to leave them there. It's a dark corner.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

That's a tough one!!

• Like 1

I am back from Target.  I hate shopping.  It wasn't crowded, the lines weren't long, and they had most of what I needed.  But I still prefer to shop from bed.  The only girl's heavy coat they had in dd10's size was $60.  Uff da.  My favorite thrift store didn't have anything - I'll have to check Goodwill.

It is hard to get warm today.  35 degrees and 85% humidity.  I'm having a giant waffle with berries and coffee for my late lunch.  That's helping a bit!

So we had to replace all the tires on the van last week and on Saturday morning we noticed that a hubcap was missing.  We are thinking it must have fallen off at some point without our noticing.  Today another one is missing.  Either someone is stealing our hub caps one at a time, or they are falling off.  :dry:  

• Sad 2