Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

It’s from the Gem City 🙂

Eww. Too close.

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I've told y'all this story before, but I was 8 months pregnant with dd22 when the 13-year and 17-year cicadas came out at the same time.  It was horrible. They would swarm your head every time you stepped outside.  It took s very brave person to mow the lawn.  And the constant sound of buzz saw made you feel like you were going to lose it, even with all the windows shut.

No.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

It’s from the Gem City 🙂

I had to look this up.  I'm not big on Ohio geography. 😉

I grew up in Pennsylvania and I'm a loyal Penn State fan.  (ETA: Not a fan of The Ohio State University.) Also, I was a journalism minor.  And I love (watching) sports.

So -- every time I hear anything about Dayton, I think of this headline from March Madness several years ago when Dayton beat OSU.  It is perfect.

Dayton Newspaper Burns OSU with 'THE University of Dayton' Headline |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thank you. I needed a good laugh to break up the fear and stress level, right now. Heat treatment on first room is officially in progress now.

I haven't had bed bugs but a lot of people in Cincinnati did. It was a hassle, but it was manageable. It should not be a huge source of stress.

13 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I'm just going to say I'm sorry and hugs to everyone. 

I was going to complain about my uterus, but in perspective of fire, pestilence, plague, and tumeric explosions I have no complaints- Aunt Flo has nothing on those. 

Also, my puppy eats cicadas so if anyone needs to borrow her let me know. 

We are at art. I am alone in a quiet dining room while they are arting in the art room and having a ball. Bliss. 

I always complain about my uterus. Feel free.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm done and home.   I was home about 3:30 but got a call that my glasses were in so I ran to pick them up.  I was tired of wearing crappy glasses.

The day went well.   I had 6,000 steps by 1pm even though I was basically in the same room all day.     Kids seemed to have fun, new teacher is doing great.   I teach 4 classes tomorrow so that's going to be a long day.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Lol. You guys are funny. It wasn't technically Dr. Google, it was Healthline, and they said PCOS is identified as a low-grade chronic inflammation autoimmune disease, so the goal is to calm the inflammation as much as possible. Caffeine should be ideally cut completely, but we all know *that* isn't going to happen, so green tea is the acceptable alternative.

I know it's time to make some changes, real changes, because my body keeps telling me so and getting worse. I've had a low grade headache for four days running, for example, and they're getting more frequent. But all the changes suggested are just overwhelming. I need to stop looking at it for awhile, make small changes, and reevaluate after moving, settling in, & getting school running. I'm just tired of feeling bad, and it seems particularly stupid to feel bad when I have a diagnosis and a fairly clear path to handle it. I guess what I'm saying is I'm 5 inside and I'm throwing a tantrum over candy.

(((Aethelryth))) Complain away. We get it.

How's the treatment coming, Servant?

Toto! Are you done yet? Lol. How were classes?

Understandable.  Gluten and dairy are big changes.  Whatever you decide to do, do it in baby steps.  One thing at a time.  Or at least find a suitable alternative to pizza before you give up both.  (((Hugs)))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Understandable.  Gluten and dairy are big changes.  Whatever you decide to do, do it in baby steps.  One thing at a time.  Or at least find a suitable alternative to pizza before you give up both.  (((Hugs)))

I disagree because I do better with big changes and strict rules. YMMV.

28 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

*Is* there an alternative to pizza, though? Lol.

Thank you for the hugs.

Burger salad. Tamales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Oh I’m sorry! My ankle acts up with the post surgical arthritis and it’s surprisingly annoying and debilitating. I hope the soak helps yours, that’s a great idea. Pounding some NSAIDs if you tolerate them is my other go to 👀

I'll definitely take some Advil if it hurts at bedtime.  It actually doesn't hurt until I put weight on it, so shouldn't be a problem sleeping.  

I'm supposed to meet dd to walk/yoga in the morning but I also have 4 classes tomorrow instead of 3, plus younger kids so I'll be doing more walking around so I'm thinking of cancelling.   Maybe I'll just push her to just some yoga.

I just finished setting up an Excel spreadsheet to figure out taxes and print paystubs for my employee.    I refuse to pay over $30 a month to do a check for one employee.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Okay, level with me. How hard is it to live dairy and gluten free? What am I in for?

I have been gluten free for 12 years.  It's hard at first, but it gets easier.

Dairy free, imo, is harder -- especially if you are also gluten free.  I did it while I was nursing dd10 and it was hard.  I was thankful that I only had to do both restrictions for a few months.

That being said, I'm sure that it is easier now as there are a lot more products available.  Upper end grocery stores that have designated specialty sections will be your friend.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I ended up with a bad headache last night.  A shower helped and I went to bed early.

And then I woke up early and had some nice quiet time in solitude.

(And, my ear just popped.  That was weird.)

I'm guessing something is off with my sinuses...

Anyway, more science planning today.

And more language and Bible study.  (I am currently doing online Bible studies in English, Spanish, and ASL.)

OK, time to open the bedroom door and stop hiding. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m back. I ketchupped. Good staff meeting today. Air quality index over 300. Stir fry for dinner. That’s all.

Oh good grief - it's worse than living in India!

9 hours ago, Spudater said:

I need Stacy and Clinton to come throw away my clothes.

I watched the series before buying new clothes.  I love them, but will probably never sparkle and shine to their standards, lol.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I hate it.

Me too - it's so round and overrun with bubbles.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I hate it.

I know.  

Good morning!

Ds's cello lesson was cancelled today, so I have no where to go ALL DAY!  Yippee!

I had a conversation with everyone in the family last night about ignoring the barking puppy in the morning until he gave up.  He has been barking earlier and earlier every morning for the past couple weeks until he's wanting me at 4am and I've been getting up to get him because I didn't want to wake everyone up, but it has become ridiculous.  So he started barking at 3:40 this morning, but that only lasted a couple minutes.  Then he started again at 5:30 and barked and whined and howled for 20 minutes and then he was quiet.  Dh got up at about 6:15 and puppy was still quiet even watching dh get his shoes on and stuff, so dh took him on a walk.  Then of all miracles, I attached him to my door handle and he just rested there in the room with me without eating everything in reach while I exercised for 45 minutes.  It's the first morning in weeks that I have felt mostly human!

I went to the Slowjam last night and it was a lot of fun.  Learned a couple new tunes.  It's a friendly bunch, and that is encouraging.  It will be a while before I'm ready for the Regular Jams.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning. I don't like it either.

I'm recovering from a bout with cassava flour. It won, by the way. 

I will be living in pajamas today and doing next to nothing physically. I do, however, have a lot of creative stuff to finish and start today.

ETA: Oh, look! An editing Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2