Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Recommended Posts

DH and DS gave two thumb’s up for Ford v Ferrari. It was apparently a well made and well-acted movie.

 

Oh, I got the Booya/h this time. Yay for me!!

It’s a Motorhead Booya/h!!!🚗🚗

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to guess Baby Cheeto's birth date.  We have been very bad at guessing my co-worker's baby's birth, so...

Her baby is due Dec 2, and she has gone nine days early with her first two, which would be today, I think.  Her grown child is coming to town Tues, so she wanted to be done before that, but hasn't gone yet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back!  But don't yell at me.  I actually got everything done except laundry which I can't do anything about until the loads are done.  

It's really kind of sad how quickly I can get my house cleaned up (not deep cleaned, just straightened, vacuumed, neatened, etc.) when I need to.  I really should make more effort to keep it this way, then maybe I would have time for the deep cleaning.

Except some deep cleaning just isn't possible.   When our roof was leaking it ruined a bunch of the sheetrock, so that needs to be replaced.  A bunch of rooms need to be painted.  The sheetrock isn't even attached around our front door from when dh replaced the door.    The carpeting has no hope of ever coming clean (we've had it professional steamed a few times, doesn't really help) and needs to be pulled up and replaced with something else.   And the list goes on and on and on.  But they all require money and/or time on dh's part.  We don't have much of either.  At least for now.  

But even with all that, it looks much nicer when it's neat and tidy.  

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm back!  But don't yell at me.  I actually got everything done except laundry which I can't do anything about until the loads are done.  

It's really kind of sad how quickly I can get my house cleaned up (not deep cleaned, just straightened, vacuumed, neatened, etc.) when I need to.  I really should make more effort to keep it this way, then maybe I would have time for the deep cleaning.

Except some deep cleaning just isn't possible.   When our roof was leaking it ruined a bunch of the sheetrock, so that needs to be replaced.  A bunch of rooms need to be painted.  The sheetrock isn't even attached around our front door from when dh replaced the door.    The carpeting has no hope of ever coming clean (we've had it professional steamed a few times, doesn't really help) and needs to be pulled up and replaced with something else.   And the list goes on and on and on.  But they all require money and/or time on dh's part.  We don't have much of either.  At least for now.  

But even with all that, it looks much nicer when it's neat and tidy.  

Your house is like mine.  Only it isn't cleaned up quickly. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ikslo said:

When we moved in, there was this massive cactus/succulent plant in a big pot on the patio the previous owner left behind.  It wasn’t much to look at.  Recently DH suggested replacing it with something else.  The next day it started blooming.  It has a mass of beautiful white and light pink flowers this morning.  I do believe that plant has saved itself. 

538E6B55-16DF-41AE-A62D-D263BB814AA7.jpeg

I love plants, animals, ect that are self sufficient!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ikslo said:

I need to clean out my purse.  But I’m not gonna.  Because lazy.

What purse? All I carry anymore is a diaper bag. 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am here. Sort of. Been working on writing stuff and figuring out weekly things like when the laundry will be done, who will do it, and who will die if it isn't done when I'm not here.  I haven't ketchupped that well, but

I do make my own pie crusts because GF. And they aren't hard for me. And the non-GF people eat them, but they know better than to dare get their gluten-infested knives anywhere close to my pie. I am making only one pie (pecan) because I have to work Wednesday, and there isn't time for me to make more. 

I love that cactus! Beautiful.

I had my babies before Thanksgiving. As of Tuesday, DS Duo 15 will not be with us anymore. And amazingly, I still have most of my hair. it's just shorter. I didn't like it because I missed Thanksgiving dinner entirely.

I have a hole in the ceiling where the roof leaks. I replaced the sheetrock twice and it leaked. I have stated that I will not repair it again until the leak is really fixed. Apparently, I might never have to fix that ceiling. I'm surprisingly okay with this. 

And there was something else, but it flew out of my mind before I could wing it. 

Happy Sunday, everyone!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

We don't get pecan pie 😢 or pecan tassies 😭 due to nut allergies.  (At least we can have almonds and peanuts.)

 

Chocolate tassies have no nuts. Same with French silk pie. Both are yummy 💕

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning/afternoon!  

We had to leave early to get to church before the children's choir, which sang a prelude for services today.  That's it for children's choir until Lent.  After a quick bite of lunch at home we ran out to Target to get ds15 a pair of black dress pants and then to Aldi to get some protein powder, batteries, and ibuprofin.  And also some nice cookies for Advent.  There is a multi-church Thanksgiving service tonight that most of us are participating in (choir and/or orchestra) and I yanked my shoulder the wrong way trying to tighten my sneakers, so I'm spending some more time on the sofa with the heating pad so I can play tonight.

More coffee!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally finished doing all the things that require me to actually leave my house in preparation for Thanksgiving. I should go make pie crusts but I'm still procrastinating. Maybe I'll start another load of laundry and put away the clean dishes first.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Chocolate tassies have no nuts. Same with French silk pie. Both are yummy 💕

Mmmmm...I'll take a chocolate tassie topped with a roasted almond, please!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We churched.

We are back!!

Go Sportsball!!🏈🏈🍂🍂🍁

 

The Raiders are losing.😩 But it’s only by 10 and we aren’t at half time yet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

This heating pad is making me sleepy.  I think I have time for a nap before rehearsal.

There’s always time for a nap.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders are now losing 20-3. This is not good.

We are having tortilla soup for lunch. Just open a whole bunch of cans.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

What are tassies, and do I need them? It sounds like I might.

I have never had a tassie. I wouldn’t know one if I saw one.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

What are tassies, and do I need them? It sounds like I might.

 

22 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I have never had a tassie. I wouldn’t know one if I saw one.

The link had a picture if that helps.  It's like a miniature pecan pie, but better.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

 

The link had a picture if that helps.  It's like a miniature pecan pie, but better.  

Baby Pies!  So adorable and tasty!!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are making me hungry with your talk of pies and tassies.

I love pecan pie. I'm not familiar with the word tassie, I would have called the little ones tarts or tartlets.

I'm trying to grow pecan trees. We're a bit far north for nut production but since my pistachio trees are producing and we're also a bit far north for them maybe the pecans will eventually as well.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I can’t eat pecan tassies. Tree nut allergy.

4 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm back!  But don't yell at me.  I actually got everything done except laundry which I can't do anything about until the loads are done.  

It's really kind of sad how quickly I can get my house cleaned up (not deep cleaned, just straightened, vacuumed, neatened, etc.) when I need to.  I really should make more effort to keep it this way, then maybe I would have time for the deep cleaning.

Except some deep cleaning just isn't possible.   When our roof was leaking it ruined a bunch of the sheetrock, so that needs to be replaced.  A bunch of rooms need to be painted.  The sheetrock isn't even attached around our front door from when dh replaced the door.    The carpeting has no hope of ever coming clean (we've had it professional steamed a few times, doesn't really help) and needs to be pulled up and replaced with something else.   And the list goes on and on and on.  But they all require money and/or time on dh's part.  We don't have much of either.  At least for now.  

 

Hugs, Toto. 2015-2016 was exactly this for us. I’ve blacked it out, it was so traumatic.  I actually got a membership at a toddler play place because littles could play while big kids worked with me at a nearby table.  Only way we could homeschool while simultaneously doing all the work ourselves.   

Toto gets the biggest private luxury suite at the island! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I commiserate with all of you about house repairs and no money/time. It just stares at me all day. But I would rather pay debts off first. 

My mom's pecan pie wins Blue Ribbons at the State Fair. Sooo, sooo good and I don't even like nuts! 

Today none of us wanted to get up. We are all so tired. No idea why. We went to bed at the normal times. Everyone else is relaxing/napping. I'm trying to come up with a cute music chart for Nursery. I actually wasn't in Nursery today because we had a special Ladies meeting with homemade cinnamon rolls and fruit salad. Lots of sugar which I was grateful for because my hands were shaking badly. Low blood sugar = not fun. Normally I do not like frosting on my cinnamon rolls, though. 

Scotsman and I are planning a Nursery Graduation for the 6 kids moving up. I need some ideas for a SIMPLE craft they can do. The idea is to have the new teachers be there, show them their new classroom, where they will sit in the Big Room, and have a snack. I was going to make cookies because I think cake will be a mess! 3 year olds and all that. Scotsman wants to make them a little certificate. 

Captain just woke up drenched. Gotta run.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to a southern potluck. It was just like a northern potluck but with more corn and marshmallows. I ate yellow chicken legs, a corn and green bean cassoulet, mashatatoes and sweet tea.

Then I grocery pickuped and cleaned. Now imma eat ice cream and watch bullet journal vlogs. Peace.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I finally finished doing all the things that require me to actually leave my house in preparation for Thanksgiving. I should go make pie crusts but I'm still procrastinating. Maybe I'll start another load of laundry and put away the clean dishes first.

I did the miniscual load of laundry, did not put away the clean dishes (yet), cooked a yummy dinner (out of a box, not from scratch), and put off pie crust making for either after the children go to bed tonight or tomorrow. Youngest was up multiple times last night and is very clingy and whiney today so my energy level is tanking fast. Oldest and I are excited to start our new World Geography curriculum tomorrow.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

There’s always time for a nap.

We need a wishful thinking reaction. There is never time for a nap here. My only option is to run the children ragged so they're exhausted by dinnertime and more than willing to go to bed early.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I commiserate with all of you about house repairs and no money/time. It just stares at me all day. But I would rather pay debts off first. 

My mom's pecan pie wins Blue Ribbons at the State Fair. Sooo, sooo good and I don't even like nuts! 

Today none of us wanted to get up. We are all so tired. No idea why. We went to bed at the normal times. Everyone else is relaxing/napping. I'm trying to come up with a cute music chart for Nursery. I actually wasn't in Nursery today because we had a special Ladies meeting with homemade cinnamon rolls and fruit salad. Lots of sugar which I was grateful for because my hands were shaking badly. Low blood sugar = not fun. Normally I do not like frosting on my cinnamon rolls, though. 

Scotsman and I are planning a Nursery Graduation for the 6 kids moving up. I need some ideas for a SIMPLE craft they can do. The idea is to have the new teachers be there, show them their new classroom, where they will sit in the Big Room, and have a snack. I was going to make cookies because I think cake will be a mess! 3 year olds and all that. Scotsman wants to make them a little certificate. 

Captain just woke up drenched. Gotta run.

How about some kind of "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" craft? They can paste a photo of themselves inside a yellow sun or something?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

We need a wishful thinking reaction. There is never time for a nap here. My only option is to run the children ragged so they're exhausted by dinnertime and more than willing to go to bed early.

Feed them melatonin chewies with their dinner...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slache said:

I went to a southern potluck. It was just like a northern potluck but with more corn and marshmallows. I ate yellow chicken legs, a corn and green bean cassoulet, mashatatoes and sweet tea.

Then I grocery pickuped and cleaned. Now imma eat ice cream and watch bullet journal vlogs. Peace.

I miss sweet tea. I can make it...

...but then I drink it all...

...and then I start moving, talking, and everything else at warp speed and no one can understand me.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cleaned off my dryer!!!

Hopefully I'm not the only one here whose dryer top is a place where all the things collect, including dust and old dryer lint.

It is now all nice and clean except for a pretty little basket that holds laundry detergent and stain spray.

I have to enjoy that while it lasts 😄

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44,000 words for NaNo. I'm hoping to get that 50K by this Tuesday. This has been my slowest NaNo month ever, but in my defense, I've been logging 120,000 word months all summer between drafts, revisions, and redrafts. I'm just tired, and a sedate 50K followed by an equally sedate December with plenty of reading. I won't get that, but it's nice to think about it. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, maize said:

How about some kind of "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" craft? They can paste a photo of themselves inside a yellow sun or something?

Ohh— I like it!

47 minutes ago, maize said:

Feed them melatonin chewies with their dinner...

All my kids take melatonin after dinner. Totally safe even foe the under 3’s. My olders take 2 5mg and Captain takes 1 5mg. Uni Boy tajes 2 10 mg every night.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldest DD wants to change her name to Luigi.

That’s about the extent of the excitement around here this afternoon.

Yawn.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, maize said:

I cleaned off my dryer!!!

Hopefully I'm not the only one here whose dryer top is a place where all the things collect, including dust and old dryer lint.

It is now all nice and clean except for a pretty little basket that holds laundry detergent and stain spray.

I have to enjoy that while it lasts 😄

My dryer has a box of Oxyclean on top and a gray and white cat who has discovered it is a very warm place to nap.

Edited by KrissiK
“On” not “in”
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to church, but we had to leave early because Squishy refused to go to the preschool class, but then threw a temper tantrum about being in the nursery. Then we went grocery shopping, and we got the kids their yearly ornaments. I love that tradition. It's so fun picking them out, and then seeing them again every year. We got an elephant that says Baby's First Christmas. It's so adorable it made me tear up, but then I'm an enormous ball of hormonal goo, anyway.

I don't think Cheeto is coming this week, despite doing ALL the things I can think of to encourage him. I'm resigned to another week as a lump on the couch. Fortunately, we're off school until after the new year, so I don't have to pretend to focus.

I have never had pecan pie. I don't care for sweet tea. The top of my dryer holds empty laundry baskets. I think you're all terrific.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, maize said:

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

The way laundry gets done here, I would say 300.  🤣  (#jokingnotjoking)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, maize said:

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

My first thought is 18, so that all 9 could be rounded up and washed at once without hampering 😉 anyone's ability to shower. It might depend on how many can fit in the washer at a time, though, or whether you're on a different system (e.g., I have DS wash his towel with his sheets, and they both have to be done by dinner time that night anyway, so he would only need a spare if something were amiss, such as the washer breaking).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes when the entire house is a mess I have to create a beachhead of "clean" for the sake of my own sanity. Usually something very random and illogical as a place to start.

After tackling the top of the dryer I am now cleaning out the closet under the stairs.

Probably because I am so tired of kitchen cleaning duty that I just don't want to face the dirty dishes. 

Also, the closet once cleaned is likely to stay that way a bit longer than the kitchen will.

Edited by maize
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oldest DD wants to change her name to Luigi.

That’s about the extent of the excitement around here this afternoon.

Yawn.

You're not watching 49ers vs Packers?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I have approx. 18 for 3 people.  I do laundry on Friday night/Saturday, generally.  The only time I do towels mid-week is during the summer for pool towels.  Next year I’m buying more of those. 🙂. Mostly because they also get laid down on the lanai when it rains heavy (water comes towards a portion of the house); I don’t expect them to be hung for re-use when they are used in that manner.  Like I said, more towels!  You can send me your old ratty ones. No, really.

 

i did not count pool towels in my original 18.  I’d say I have maybe 9 additional pool towels? Plus 3 larger beach towels, and a very large beach blanket/towel.  And old towels that are rags.  And a ton of dish towels.  Yep, I think that covers it. 

Again, 3 people 🤣

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, maize said:

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

I just counted -- we have about 15 towels for a family of 7ish.  (Ds19 is at school and he has 2 or 3 towels there.)  So 18 towels for 8 people.

We are not outdoorsy people and the girls often share bath towels.  If this is different in your family you will need more.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually planning to buy about 4 towels on Black Friday for dd17 to take to college with her next year.  I should be able to get them for around $10 total and hopefully they will last her until she graduates.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kids each have 1 name towel. We adults have 4. Plus 2 for water disasters. Uni Boy has 2 name towels at school. My mom makes them for the kids.

Each bed has 1 set if sheets/covers.  I do not like clutter. The other reason is motivation to wash on wash day otherwise it would be a massive backlog. 
 

We use hand towels for the pool.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...