Menu

What's with the ads?

44 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Rolling pie crusts out is butt.

That is all.😡😡😡😡😡

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Agreed. I have to do the same tomorrow after church.

I buy pie crusts...but mostly because I haven't been able to get pie crusts or cookies to work for me since I've lived here in high altitude (for the past 20 years...).

And it's a BUY rather than Roll B.O.O.Y.A!!!

Edited by Renai
Because BOOYA, duh...
  • Like 7

GRUMBLE! I got behind, multi quoted a bunch of stuff, started replying and then my screen froze forcing me to reload which erased everything!

I'm outta likes,

I can't write Haiku,

You people are brilliant,

and Bookie, I'm praying for you.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

That is all.😡😡😡😡😡

I refuse to make pie crusts!  Pillsbury is my friend. I ❤️ Pillsbury.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

I refuse to make pie crusts!  Pillsbury is my friend. I ❤️ Pillsbury.

Yep, that's the kind!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

When was the first?

See attached.

55 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

For everyone predicting Cheeto arriving after Thanksgiving, I'm glaring at you. You're probably not wrong, but sheesh! Where's the solidarity?!?!

I said after because I'm usually wrong.

Screenshot-171039~2.png

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Slache said:

See attached.

I said after because I'm usually wrong.

Screenshot-171039~2.png

Oh yeah! Younger looking Fabio with his hair blowing ever so gracefully in the breeze in slow motion, then the dramatic beat and smoke and lights start up and Lord of the Dance begins, in a kilt of course..... it was quite the vision when I was listening to the music. Didn't line up with the video I watched afterward at all. 🤣

• Thanks 1

"SOMETHING IS WRONG! SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" -the dog noticing the hamper is leaning against the wall instead of standing upright

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I'm with you, Krissi. Rolling 'em isn't what gets me, though. It's the mess of flour I have to clean up afterwards that makes me procrastinate getting started every single time.

I'm home.  I'm tired.  I finished the pantry, went with neighbor to pick up Thanksgiving food, but ended up at the mall buying other things.  Then I picked up DD.  Bubble bath time!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Believe me, you would rather have Pillsbury than one of mine.

Mine are ugly because I still can't flute the edges all pretty, but they taste good. I can't get away with the premade store bought pie crusts, not even the roll out kind. My family claims to be able to taste the difference. I think DH just enjoys seeing me in an apron and Oldest likes helping me make a mess. 😂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have to figure out some centerpieces. I got some stuff at the Dollar Tree the other day. I think I just need 3 ivory pillar candles and maybe something will come together.

I also need to make some stock. It will probably end up being chicken stock. I don’t know where to get turkey wings to roast and make stock out of. Do you think anyone will notice that the gravy is chicken gravy?? I will used some of the drippings from the turkey to make the gravy, but..... well,  none of DH’s family are foodies. They probably won’t notice,

I was thinking about cutting the cranberry sauce with apples this year. It can be so tart, even with a lot of sugar. So, perhaps mixing it with some homemade applesauce might make it better. I only make it because it is tradition, nobody really likes it.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/cabernet-cranberry-sauce-recipe-101446

eta: I usually just use red cooking wine, and when I made it this year for a work party I used a lemon from my tree instead of an orange.  It was just as good.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

That is all.😡😡😡😡😡

(I thought I wanted to eat Krissi's pies, but now I'm not so sure.....  🤣)

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

For everyone predicting Cheeto arriving after Thanksgiving, I'm glaring at you. You're probably not wrong, but sheesh! Where's the solidarity?!?!

Ducks, if I tried to sit on the washer, my husband might have a stroke. The laundromat's close, though...

We put up our tree! And now we're watching Elf. It's a beautiful day.

I"m going to have to join the "after" chorus.  Sorry.  

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Two down, one more to go. I need to decide with 27 people.... I think I need 4 pies. Then we will have leftovers. I made enough dough for 4 crusts, but one fell apart so badly when I was rolling it out, I tossed it. I never re-roll dough.

<Svengo>  27 people!

27 minutes ago, Renai said:

I neither finished my pickup list or went to Smith's.

<Svengo>  I think we're almost out of milk too.  Imma eat my cereal first in the morning!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Road Trip!  I'll pick you up on the way.

Then I can see how skinny you are!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

GRUMBLE! I got behind, multi quoted a bunch of stuff, started replying and then my screen froze forcing me to reload which earsed everything!

I'm outta likes,

I can't write Haiku,

You people are brilliant,

and Bookie, I'm praying for you.

I like your poem the best.  It rhymes.  

• Like 6

I'm waiting for the clothes currently in the dryer to be done, so I can put the clothes in the washer into the dryer, then stick what should be the last (or second from last) load in the washer.    Then I can go to bed.

Dh called to say good night and said they should be here by noon-ish.  That means I have to get up early to clean the living room and kitchen.  And move dd's extra mattress to the floor of ds's room (where she's sleeping this week), which may mean cleaning up ds's room a little bit.  Then change the sheets on the beds, which means that's another load of laundry.  But it doesn't have to be done immediately because we do have extra sheets.  I think we have enough extras to cover the three twins we'll be using. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

That looks so good!

It is!  You should make it 😁

• Like 3

I don't make pie crusts.  I don't buy pie crusts.  I don't make pies.

Dh makes an amazing ice cream pie.  It's a graham cracker crust, then the filling is slightly soft/melted ice cream blended with whipped cream, put in the crust, then hard shell poured over the top.   It is super yummy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Mine are ugly because I still can't flute the edges all pretty, but they taste good. I can't get away with the premade store bought pie crusts, not even the roll out kind. My family claims to be able to taste the difference. I think DH just enjoys seeing me in an apron and Oldest likes helping me make a mess. 😂

The first two turned out ugly. The third looks really good. I don’t care. They are in the freezer.

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/cabernet-cranberry-sauce-recipe-101446

eta: I usually just use red cooking wine, and when I made it this year for a work party I used a lemon from my tree instead of an orange.  It was just as good.

I think I will try that recipe. The cayenne pepper sounds very intriguing.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

One of these years I'm going to Krissi's for Thanksgiving.

I would love it if you came.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Road Trip!  I'll pick you up on the way.

Yay!!

30 minutes ago, Renai said:

I miss pecan pie.

I love pecan pie. And it always reminds me of that scene in “When Harry Met Sally”. Pecan piiiiiiiiieeeeeee.

28 minutes ago, Renai said:

I miss pecan pie

Perhaps I can make a pie

With Pillsbury crust

Excellent Haiku. We need to publish a book “ITT Wit, Witticisms and Haiku”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It’s snowing in York, PA. But I no longer live in York, PA.  Haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Jacoby was jingling his tags this morning to wake us.  He wanted to go for a walk.  I was sleeping, and in my dream I had just put something in the oven.  I heard the jingle jangle and thought, “I can’t take you, Jacoby, I have food in the oven!”

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I don't make pie crusts.  I don't buy pie crusts.  I don't make pies.

No pie? 😭

9 hours ago, Renai said:

I miss pecan pie.

I haven't made one in ages. My grandma made the best pecan pie. I miss her so much this time of year.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  Gotta start the coffee!  What I love more than pecan pie are pecan tassies.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pecan-tassies/

I LOVE these! Also chocolate pecan tassies! I haven't made these in a couple years either because there just never seems to be enough time to make anything beyond the basic traditional stuff.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

No pie? 😭

I haven't made one in ages. My grandma made the best pecan pie. I miss her so much this time of year.

I LOVE these! Also chocolate pecan tassies! I haven't made these in a couple years either because there just never seems to be enough time to make anything beyond the basic traditional stuff.

I definitely EAT pie.  I just don't MAKE pie.  

I love pecan pie but I seem to be showing more signs of allergies to tree nuts.   It started with walnuts and seems to be expanding.  😥

I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream, chocolate cream pie, apple pie, cherry pie.  Just about anything except lemon meringue, key lime or coconut.   I can't handle citrus most of the time and don't really like it. 

• Like 6

When we moved in, there was this massive cactus/succulent plant in a big pot on the patio the previous owner left behind.  It wasn’t much to look at.  Recently DH suggested replacing it with something else.  The next day it started blooming.  It has a mass of beautiful white and light pink flowers this morning.  I do believe that plant has saved itself. 

538E6B55-16DF-41AE-A62D-D263BB814AA7.jpeg

Edited by ikslo
Added photo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, ikslo said:

It’s snowing in York, PA. But I no longer live in York, PA.  Haha

Me, neither! :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dh and his mom will be here in less than 3 hours.  Time to get back to work.  Laundry is almost all done.  Need to sort and give to kids to put away, swap beds, straighten living room, vacuum.

Yell at me if you see me on here in the next three hours.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning!  I have enjoyed just over an hour of quiet and coffee.   Ds is awake now, but watching videos.  I cleaned out my purse.  

I think I'm the only one going to church this morning.  Not staying there for lunch since we're meeting dd's bio grandma for lunch later today.

I need to do the laundry I didn't do yesterday.  And go buy pillows, which I forgot while in 10,000 stores yesterday.  

• Like 5

I need to clean out my purse.  But I’m not gonna.  Because lazy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The before vs. after question overlooks the possibility that dear Cheeto will arrive on Thanksgiving. But December is a very popular time for birthdays, and he might be cozy in there a little longer. I hope he will come out when he's ready, but not a day earlier.

I rather wish we could fast-forward to mid-December myself.

Off to church. Happy Sunday, ITT!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Church!!

Sportsball!!

I will likely bake some bread this afternoon for Thanksgiving and work on preparing work samples for upload. They were due Friday.😩😩 I got all the easy ones done. Now I have the hard ones to piece together. And I need to nag a few students who did not turn work samples in yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1