Menu

What's with the ads?

1 minute ago, Slache said:

We simply shant discuss my accomplishments for the day. Imma get some creamer.

Self-care is just as important as home-care.  Actually, more so.  

Self Care Booyah!  Noone else is going to do it!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

EdPo:

Slachie (or anyone else who knows), is there a good website with free downloadable outline maps to correlate with Trailguide World Geography? The cd-rom isn't what I want because I'm next to never near a computer but I can print via my phone at home. I almost ordered the physical mapbook but I hate the black stuff all the way up one side of the page when I photocopy from a book. If I could just download the files as PDFs, life would be so much easier.

52 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I cleaned up some of the papers on my desk, but not all.
I dusted a bit, but not thoroughly.
I vacuumed the first floor, except the last couple feet of one room because I think a belt on the vac. slipped or something.
I straightened the entry way and first floor.
I wiped kitchen counters and vac. kitchen - still needs to be mopped.
I swiped the bathroom, which is kinda pointless since the toilet is still stopped up.
I did general straightening here, there, and everywhere, but not enough that anyone else would notice.  🤦‍♀️

Wow, you are being way more productive than I am.   And I have a deadline and a ton of stuff to do.

I did dd's room, the dishes, and threw in a load of laundry.   I should at least do the living room since there are piles.  And my desk and the kitchen nook table since mil will like to sit there with coffee in the morning.  

I think the sugar/caffeine of the Mt Dew wore off while I was in the shower.  

• Like 2

I still don't have my creamer. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

8 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Slachie (or anyone else who knows), is there a good website with free downloadable outline maps to correlate with Trailguide World Geography? The cd-rom isn't what I want because I'm next to never near a computer but I can print via my phone at home. I almost ordered the physical mapbook but I hate the black stuff all the way up one side of the page when I photocopy from a book. If I could just download the files as PDFs, life would be so much easier.

https://freevectormaps.com/

I use this both for school and to decorate my notebooks. I love maps. I should paper mache this year's notebook with a map!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

It's a thing that kids do.

Some. 🙄

I peopled. It was great. Now apparently I have to get the housework accomplished around here. DS didn't even remember to wash his sheets.

Company arrives Wednesday. #fairieswanted

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dh drinks at least a gallon of water a day and still snores when in some positions. 

I put dinner in the crockpot. 

I also put on pants.

I started another grocery pickup list. This one will include a small turkey. Hopefully some are left. And the other stuff on the list.

Gymnast requested brussel sprouts as a veggie this year.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I need to go to Wal-Mart and get wasabi tape for my notebook. And maybe print some lovely thing for the inside. I NEED A TEXAS CHARM!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I ate salsa today. On top of black beans and rice. No eggs.

This is the second time you've had me bust out laughing!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

You know, when I talk about salsa, I realized I don't actually mean salsa. I eat eggs with red chile or chile cortido, even with roasted Hatch green chile. But never salsa. I even eat pico de gallo before I eat salsa. I save salsa (in the jar) for tortilla chips. And I rarely buy those. I should for Thursday though. Everyone wants a snack on that day for some reason. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

I need to go to Wal-Mart and get wasabi tape for my notebook. And maybe print some lovely thing for the inside. I NEED A TEXAS CHARM!

You’re getting tape made out of Japanese horseradish?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don't know what it's called so that's what I call it. I forgot that's not actually what it's called when I posted it. It's just tape that people use in journals. It is very small and flat so it's easy to keep with your craft supplies. My journals have always been a combination of handwriting and print outs and the print out sometimes fall out so I wanted to do the tape thang.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I mean yes.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I don't know what it's called so that's what I call it. I forgot that's not actually what it's called when I posted it. It's just tape the people use in journals. It is very small and flat so it's easy to keep with your craft supplies. My journals have always been a combination of handwriting and print outs in the print out sometimes fall out so I wanted to do the tape thang.

washi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow!  I missed a lot of conversation.

Bookie, no Cheeto yet?  Sit on a washer through the spin cycle twice, shortly before Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure if the Thanksgiving part is necessary, but it's how my sister did it, after a lady at Food Lion told her to, and it worked like a charm within the hour, and her little Cheeto is turning 18 today. 

Garage is DONE!!! except for a teensy teensy little corner where I want to put a basket for sports gear, but don't have the basket yet.  Oh, and hooks for ropes/cords, because we need a more powerful drill for that (concrete blocks).  

Dh is out with the ducklings getting Samaritan boxes filled. Spaghetti sauce is bubbling in the crockpot.

And date night tonight!  Favorite Mexican place (best margaritas, and if I salt the rim, Dh won't want to steal half of it from me, mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha).  It's a late reservation so I suggested using the extra time to play cribbage at Starbucks first, and Dh suggested using the extra time to take all the trash to the dump first.  :blink:  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

I haven't been here since November 5th.

I am 43 pages behind.

I think I give up.🤦‍♀️

And don’t think your absence has been unnoticed. Arthur and the Truancy League has been keeping careful track of your days missed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

I am back from Costco. Phew what a nightmare, but they are very efficient.  But, I got my turkey.  A 25 pounder. And I ordered a new pair of glasses. DH just thought my old ones needed to be adjusted. But the lady at the Optics counter understood. Completely. I knew a woman would understand. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Renai said:

You know, when I talk about salsa, I realized I don't actually mean salsa. I eat eggs with red chile or chile cortido, even with roasted Hatch green chile. But never salsa. I even eat pico de gallo before I eat salsa. I save salsa (in the jar) for tortilla chips. And I rarely buy those. I should for Thursday though. Everyone wants a snack on that day for some reason. 

My preference is pico de Gallo. But I am too lazy to make it. So, I eat the jarred kind. 

• Like 4

I’ve gotta get up and bake bread. And make pie crusts. And do budgeting stuff. And I’m behind in work stuff, so I need to spend some time with that, too.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't know what it's called so that's what I call it. I forgot that's not actually what it's called when I posted it. It's just tape that people use in journals. It is very small and flat so it's easy to keep with your craft supplies. My journals have always been a combination of handwriting and print outs and the print out sometimes fall out so I wanted to do the tape thang.

It’s called washi tape. 😉

• Thanks 2

I loaded up all of the Nerf guns with bullets and shot my defenseless children before running into my room and locking the door. Now a bunch of bullets are being shot from under my doorway. Brats!

Edited by Slache
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

I loaded up all of the Nerf guns with bullets and shot my defenses children before running into my room and locking the door. Now a bunch of bullets are being shot from under my doorway. Brats!

Wait.  Who shot first? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wait.  Who shot first? 

I did all of the shooting and then ran and hid behind a locked door. I used all of the guns so they couldn't get any, but I dropped them as I went and didn't expect them to be able to shoot under my door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Slache said:

I loaded up all of the Nerf guns with bullets and shot my defenses children before running into my room and locking the door. Now a bunch of bullets are being shot from under my doorway. Brats!

Sounds like my day yesterday with Gymnast. And when she didn't believe I'd call my mom to tell on her, I did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wait.  Who shot first? 

And this is what my mom asked me after I related the story...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I did all of the shooting and then ran and hid behind a locked door. I used all of the guns so they couldn't get any, but I dropped them as I went and didn't expect them to be able to shoot under my door.

4 minutes ago, Renai said:

Sounds like my day yesterday with Gymnast. And when she didn't believe I'd call my mom to tell on her, I did. 

Brats

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I told the kids they are on their own for dinner.  I was going to order pizza but I asked ds and he preferred pizza bites to delivery pizza and since nutritionally speaking it's probably a wash, I'm going with what's easier.  Delivery pizza is hard because I have to watch for them to come, corral the dog, and go out to pay and get it from the delivery person.   Our "front" door is actually in the back of the house, inside the fence around the yard.  

I decided I need to finish the laundry before I can clean the kitchen table and my desk because the piles of laundry to be washed are currently sitting right in front of said table and desk.  Once the laundry is done, I can stick the hamper and baskets back in the laundry nook (super small, once they are there can't open the washer or reach anything).  Then I can clean my desk and the table.  

I did clean off the living room table that the kids schoolwork sits on.   Once the laundry is all washed and dried, the baskets currently in the living room with the already done clean laundry will go into the bedrooms to be put away.  Then it will be easier to clean up the living room.  

It's never easy to get things done around here.  Not enough room.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, maize said:

That is convenient!

What do you usually do for Advent?

Advent isn't really a tradition in my church, but there are pieces of various traditions that I have something tried to incorporate for my family. I love Advent music--Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel is one of my favorite songs. And I love candles. 

On the Sundays of Advent we do scripture reading, singing, and lighting the Advent wreath candles and have special treats & hot chocolate.  I have a collection of songs that I keep with the decorations for us to sing - Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel is a Must Sing!  :wub:Once in a while we have to do it on Saturday because of schedules, but we try really hard to keep this one tradition because it's really our only family Christmas tradition.  We are never home for Christmas and just do whatever is being done where we are.

I usually have some kind of simple daily thing - the last couple of years I've had little strips of paper with "kind deeds" on them that the kids would do and then make a chain out of them for the Christmas tree.  I did a Jesse tree a while back but it didn't stick.  This year I'm making Advent drawers with little date number markers for each day - a daily scripture in each drawer and a little treat or game or trinket for the kids.  Also I've ordered "The Giving Manger" - a little wooden manger that you add a piece of straw to for each act of kindness and then you add baby Jesus on Christmas day.  (Baby Jesus will have to be born a couple days early before we go out of town, lol.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm having hot apple cider because it's a good source of vitamin C.

I'm having coffee because it's a good source of "Mommy seems much less annoyed".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

On the Sundays of Advent we do scripture reading, singing, and lighting the Advent wreath candles and have special treats & hot chocolate.  I have a collection of songs that I keep with the decorations for us to sing - Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel is a Must Sing!  :wub:Once in a while we have to do it on Saturday because of schedules, but we try really hard to keep this one tradition because it's really our only family Christmas tradition.  We are never home for Christmas and just do whatever is being done where we are.

I usually have some kind of simple daily thing - the last couple of years I've had little strips of paper with "kind deeds" on them that the kids would do and then make a chain out of them for the Christmas tree.  I did a Jesse tree a while back but it didn't stick.  This year I'm making Advent drawers with little date number markers for each day - a daily scripture in each drawer and a little treat or game or trinket for the kids.  Also I've ordered "The Giving Manger" - a little wooden manger that you add a piece of straw to for each act of kindness and then you add baby Jesus on Christmas day.  (Baby Jesus will have to be born a couple days early before we go out of town, lol.)

Mary has a planned induction I see 😄

I love your traditions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Yep. This is the kind.

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I need to cut some pieces of fabric in half and I'm nervous about it.  I bought a new scissors in hopes that it would help. 

I totally feel your pain. It's hard. I still have a friend oversee most of my sewing projects, even though it's completely unnecessary, because I'm so worried I'll do something wrong and catch it too late. If a project goes bust, it's money and time wasted, which I never seem to have enough of as it is.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

For everyone predicting Cheeto arriving after Thanksgiving, I'm glaring at you. You're probably not wrong, but sheesh! Where's the solidarity?!?!

Ducks, if I tried to sit on the washer, my husband might have a stroke. The laundromat's close, though...

We put up our tree! And now we're watching Elf. It's a beautiful day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Agreed. I have to do the same tomorrow after church.

Two down, one more to go. I need to decide with 27 people.... I think I need 4 pies. Then we will have leftovers. I made enough dough for 4 crusts, but one fell apart so badly when I was rolling it out, I tossed it. I never re-roll dough.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yep. This is the kind.

As long as it's a good kind! I have nothing against jarred salsa, especially since I don't make it. I just rarely use it on my food...wow, that sounds weird. But, I really do like it with tortilla chips. I remember once dh bought some salsa and chips and I kept thinking the flavor of the salsa was off. Then I realized, dh had bought chips with lime on it. Who does that?! There's already lime in salsa. Sheesh. No wonder the flavor was off.

I get a co-op bag through Mogro each week, and I've discovered a new salsa. A couple of ladies in Albuquerque make it and it is sooo good! So addicting, that salsa...and they make both red and green. Sigh...

• Like 1