Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning!

Ba-ba-ba-booya! Ba-ba-ba-booya! Ba-ba-ba-booya-BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

A posting-frenzy haiku?  :laugh:

Well, it was almost a haiku.  I wasn't even trying, but hanging out with the haiku intellectuals here must have rubbed off on me unknowingly.  🤣

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I want to be Black Widow. Her hair changes color in every movie.

Yes!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

Is everyone sleeping who’s supposed to be sleeping?

I have to leave in an hour with half the family for a Thanksgiving Service rehearsal. Meanwhile, dh will be taking dd13 to her first mid-state orchestra audition. 

I’ve had a weird headache since yesterday and am hoping it’s not the beginning of a virus thing. I took a couple doses of elderberry syrup just in case. 

Later today I need to start in earnest on the Advent projects and go grocery shopping. And take the turkey out of the freezer and somehow make room in the fridge for a 29lb turkey. 

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Well, it was almost a haiku.  I wasn't even trying, but hanging out with the haiku intellectuals here must have rubbed off on me unknowingly.  

Lol - the extra syllable or two on each line adds a bit of crazy to the frenzied character!  :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Renai said:

I lie here, awake

A weary and wordful night 

Shush now! Quiet mind...

6 hours ago, Slache said:

I am awake too.

Is it the horrid snoring?

It could be the caffien.

I think our insomnia poetry now out-numbers coffee poetry!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

I made it through a half cup of coffee and poured out the rest. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't taste good either.

I thought today was Friday somehow. It's Saturday according to the calendar. I still didn't believe it til my phone confirmed it. My phone could lie through it's teeth and somehow I think I'd believe it. 

• Like 4

Good morning!  I'm up.  It's semi-quiet.  DD is up, getting ready to go with her bff to a wedding reception.   

I have cleaning and errands to do today.  Not sure what exactly, but I will probably be doing things in spurts and coming here to post my accomplishments.

Hope everyone got sleep!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, maize said:

When is the first Sunday of Advent this year?

A week from tomorrow - December 1st.  I'm just a little bit excited that all the Advent Calendars actually line up with advent this year (as opposed to simply "counting the days" to Christmas.)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

A week from tomorrow - December 1st.  I'm just a little bit excited that all the Advent Calendars actually line up with advent this year (as opposed to simply "counting the days" to Christmas.)

That is convenient!

What do you usually do for Advent?

Advent isn't really a tradition in my church, but there are pieces of various traditions that I have something tried to incorporate for my family. I love Advent music--Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel is one of my favorite songs. And I love candles. 

• Like 2

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Slachie, did you get better sleep last night?

Oh no. I just answered my own question by reading upthread. Looks like you went to bed only an hour ago.

Good Morning!  Happy Saturday.  Dh left around 8:30am for his mom's house.  I have to get moving soon to run to the bank, pick up the snake at the classroom, the store (dh didn't get my text asking him to pick up a few things), then home to clean dd's room, then the rest of the house, do laundry, and have everything clean, organized and neat by tomorrow afternoon when dh and MIL get here.   No problem right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I slept horribly last night. I couldn’t breathe. Going to Costco in the Big City this morning. I know, I really should have my head examined. Then I will pick up a friend of DS because they want to see that movie Ford v Ferrari, so DH will take them to see that. I understand that movie is some male equivalent to a chick flick. But instead of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan they have fast cars and horsepower.  I, on the other hand, will take seriously the fact that Thanksgiving is knocking on the door and start baking bread and getting pie crusts prepped and in the freezer.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, maize said:

Ds2 did not sleep well last night.

Which of course means I didn't sleep well.

Teething, gas, or coming down sick? These are usually the culprits at our house.

• Like 1

I have to figure out some centerpieces. I got some stuff at the Dollar Tree the other day. I think I just need 3 ivory pillar candles and maybe something will come together.

I also need to make some stock. It will probably end up being chicken stock. I don’t know where to get turkey wings to roast and make stock out of. Do you think anyone will notice that the gravy is chicken gravy?? I will used some of the drippings from the turkey to make the gravy, but..... well,  none of DH’s family are foodies. They probably won’t notice,

I was thinking about cutting the cranberry sauce with apples this year. It can be so tart, even with a lot of sugar. So, perhaps mixing it with some homemade applesauce might make it better. I only make it because it is tradition, nobody really likes it.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I slept horribly last night. I couldn’t breathe. Going to Costco in the Big City this morning. I know, I really should have my head examined. Then I will pick up a friend of DS because they want to see that movie Ford v Ferrari, so DH will take them to see that. I understand that movie is some male equivalent to a chick flick. But instead of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan they have fast cars and horsepower.  I, on the other hand, will take seriously the fact that Thanksgiving is knocking on the door and start baking bread and getting pie crusts prepped and in the freezer.

I'm getting the Thanksgiving grocery list made this morning and praying the stores aren't out of everything I need when I go in a couple hours. Pulling down decorations from the attic right now. I'm a wee bit behind in all the things but my energy level is at an all time low. Hard to stay motivated when I feel so blaah.

• Like 4

I am now awake 

Rewarded by second sleep

Ready for the day!

The question is, what does this day entail? Perhaps a small Thanksgiving menu, then another Walmart pickup order. I had to do a pickup order yesterday because I miscalculated running out of staple foods. I'll get better. I'll probably just make a list and go to Smith's instead.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Renai said:

I did not know I could haiku until ITT.

ITT has  a tendency to bring out all our hidden gifts and talents.😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

We had breakfast and cleaned up the house. I haven't yet brushed my teeth, or Squishy's teeth. 

The kids put on a show for us, where they each "taught" us something they've been learning. Squishy buried his head in my lap when we clapped for him. SuperDude showed us a game he got from kids' church. Runner showed us how Israel and Egypt are close to each other, and explained photosynthesis. Reader read us a chapter in Encyclopedia Brown Boy Detective and taught us the alphabet in sign language. Then she and Reader signed Silent Night while Dave played it on his mandolin

Now we're watching A Charlie Brown Christmas. I think we're going to put up the tree today!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

ITT has  a tendency to bring out all our hidden gifts and talents.😂

Gifts like Haiku and

Talents like Flame throwing and

Forever Friendship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I cleaned dd's room.  It was pretty awful.  I don't think it had been deep cleaned since the summer.   Dd has some very definite executive function limitations and it sure does show.    I think we need to change her room.  She has these tall shelves that are slatted shelves and open at the back and sides.  I think Slache had the same ones.   She has them on two entire walls which was great when I kept a lot of stuff in there and older dd still occasionally came home.  But now all that shelving is unnecessary and not the most useful set-up, IMO.  It's very difficult to get underneath or behind them to get crap out and boy, does a lot of crap get in/under there.   I think solid lower shelves or even cubes would work better for the stuff she has.  Maybe some higher individual shelves hanging on the walls for things like her old tkd belts or other display type stuff.  I think the room would stay cleaner easier and not feel so closed in.   

Now to convince dh.  

• Like 3

I'm eating lunch now then I desperately need a shower after doing dd's room, then I tackle the living room and the kitchen.   Tomorrow I"m hoping to just do some touching up, throw dd's extra mattress in ds's room, change sheets on the beds and be all ready for MIL's arrival.  

Should be possible.  I'm drinking Mt Dew for energy.   I'm glad most of you guys are in later time zones because I'll have someone to talk to tonight when I can't sleep.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is everyone sleeping who’s supposed to be sleeping?

I was sleeping when I wasn't supposed to be.

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I made it through a half cup of coffee and poured out the rest. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't taste good either.

I thought today was Friday somehow. It's Saturday according to the calendar. I still didn't believe it til my phone confirmed it. My phone could lie through it's teeth and somehow I think I'd believe it. 

Is it your hormones or the coffee?

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Sleep? What's sleep?

It's a thing that kids do.

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Ok.

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

We should have an ITT poll. The big question: Will Baby Cheeto be born before or after Thanksgiving?

After.

Slachie, did you get better sleep last night?

Ish. Hubby has been drinking a lot more because they say dehydration causes snoring.

Oh no. I just answered my own question by reading upthread. Looks like you went to bed only an hour ago.

That too...

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

I haven't been here since November 5th.

I am 43 pages behind.

I think I give up.🤦‍♀️

Hi.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Or something.

Ahem.

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Gifts like Haiku and

Forever Friendship.

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Gifts like Haiku and

Forever Friendship.

Don't forget song writing:

This is the thread that never ends...

Or is that poetry? I always sing it, so I call it song writing. There.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was sleeping when I wasn't supposed to be.

Is it your hormones or the coffee?

It's a thing that kids do.

Ok.

After.

Ish. Hubby has been drinking a lot more because they say dehydration causes snoring.

That too...

Hi.

Wish I were.

Haha (sarcastic). I tried again later with less sugar and it was better.

Totally agree

Trying

I think you're right. As much as Bookie won't like it, I'm guessing Dec 1st or 3rd. I can't make up my mind.

Hope it works. Let me know because I'll make DH start chugging water before bed. Then again, that could backfire because then he'll be up all night running to the bathroom. 😂

Glad you got second sleep, at least.

Yes, hello again!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

La de da.

...de da de da

Got my Trailguide today. It looks fun. I can't get Oldest's nose out of the cookbook we ordered with it. Kinda regretting not ordering the mapbook, though, since he likes the idea of filling out the outlines more than using the draw the world series. I'm glad because I can't buy the whole draw the world series. Too expensive midyear.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Thanks 1

I cleaned up some of the papers on my desk, but not all.
I dusted a bit, but not thoroughly.
I vacuumed the first floor, except the last couple feet of one room because I think a belt on the vac. slipped or something.
I straightened the entry way and first floor.
I wiped kitchen counters and vac. kitchen - still needs to be mopped.
I swiped the bathroom, which is kinda pointless since the toilet is still stopped up.
I did general straightening here, there, and everywhere, but not enough that anyone else would notice.  🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I vacuumed the first floor, except the last couple feet of one room because I think a belt on the vac. slipped or something.
I swiped the bathroom, which is kinda pointless since the toilet is still stopped up.
I did general straightening here, there, and everywhere, but not enough that anyone else would notice.  🤦‍♀️

You're making me feel lazy. I'm still trying to get motivated. Yawn. Stretch. Go! Go! Go!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

There are two ways to do something. Right and again.

So give the list to the kids and tell them to do it right. 

#homeeconomicsFTW

• Haha 4

Just now, Slache said:

There are two ways to do something. Right and again.

So give the list to the kids and tell them to do it right. 

#homeeconomicsFTW

Meh.  Then I would have to communicate with people.  #notworthit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5