Menu

What's with the ads?

5 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yep, that's the idea. I find it very convenient. Do call them. They're very helpful.

Just got off the phone with them and they also said Creation to Greek for next year. Do you use their recommended language arts and math or something different?

Edited by Servant4Christ

30 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Just got off the phone with them and they also said Creation to Greek for next year. Do you use their recommended language arts and math or something different?

I use Singapore Math, but I buy the bundles from Rainbow Resource so I get the Home Instructor's Guide with the workbook and textbook instead of MFW's lesson plans. I also supplement with Beast Academy. For language arts, we use Rod & Staff spelling, First Language Lessons grammar, and Writing With Ease writing. I also have my kids do daily handwriting practice in Zaner-Bloser workbooks (teacher text unneeded) and I supplement MFW phonics with The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading and BOB books.

• Like 2

Thanks for not rolling your eyes at all my labor talk. I'm having lots of Braxton Hicks, but no real labor, and I'm getting antsy. I'm going to go clean and cook and dance around. I'll let you know what happens. 😁

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi!  For heaven's sake, just give Slache her money already!!  :laugh:

Fine!!!! Grumble, grumble, grumble!!

do you take Visa?.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

do you take Visa?.

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

do you take Visa?.

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes.

Took you two long enough. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm beginning to remember that the reason I bought a history curriculum last year is because when I create these beautiful lists of books and projects and such I don't want to do them.

Twinsie!  

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Twinsie!  

I thought of you as I wrote that! I just didn't want to call you out!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Okay, I was a page and a half behind somehow and now that I'm caught up, I forgot what I wanted to say. 

I can't even point out the joke because too many people beat me to it.

Our sense of humor on here is very similar to mine and dh's (dh's and mine? - grammar fail) - sarcastic and snarky. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I thought of you as I wrote that! I just didn't want to call you out!

🤦 I said I was sorry. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Okay, I was a page and a half behind somehow and now that I'm caught up, I forgot what I wanted to say. 

I can't even point out the joke because too many people beat me to it.

Our sense of humor on here is very similar to mine and dh's (dh's and mine? - grammar fail) - sarcastic and snarky. 

It was my fault. I get most of the humor but when ITT member names get subbed for real life ones or code words pop up without me having any back history, I can get confused.

#rookielearningcurve

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

My classes today were done at 12:30 but ds and I didn't actually leave until 2pm.   He was being social hanging out with his friends.   Which is huge for him, an introvert ASD.    I have a really great group of kids that actually get along really well with ds and consider him a friend.  They find him amusing instead of annoying.   The same group is in my Monday classes too so that's a good thing.

• Like 7

This is the thread that never ends

Better make sure you've got thick skin

Your posts might cause things to get kinda crazy

If you haven't learned the ITT language

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Labor, oh labor

I want to meet my baby

Please come visit me

She's gonna haiku Cheeto right out of there!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Somebody crossed the center line and sideswiped ds24's car late last night and kept on going.  There's just a bit of damage to the rear corner.  Ds doesn't know if he should call the police and report it?  I have no idea.

• Sad 9

53 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

This is the thread that never ends

Better make sure you've got thick skin

Your posts might cause things to get kinda crazy

If you haven't learned the ITT language

(((Servant)))

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

She's gonna haiku Cheeto right out of there!

Is this a thing? It should be a thing. We could write a book.

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Somebody crossed the center line and sideswiped ds24's car late last night and kept on going.  There's just a bit of damage to the rear corner.  Ds doesn't know if he should call the police and report it?  I have no idea.

If you plan to tell the insurance then yes. Otherwise no.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

If you are going to report it to insurance then they will probably need a police report. 

• Like 3

EdPo:

Should I continue with CLE math (currently using grade 4 text) or switch to something else next year? I could try Saxon or switch entirely to a mastery program. Things are moving so fast right now that I'm slowing it down and stretching it out to the point of only conpleting 2 lessons in a 5day week just to make sure Oldest (ds8) gets it. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

My concern would also be, what if this person hit something or someone else too before or after... knowing all the facts or damage caused might help them find the person responsible.

• Like 1

Aw! Youngest keeps attempting to give me kisses. 💕 Aka he keeps licking my face! I'm just happy his teeth are no longer involved.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Haha 7

My brain keeps running a hundred miles an hour in every possible direction and bouncing back and forth like a pingpong ball. It's both confusing and exhausting. Is it bedtime yet?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

If you plan to tell the insurance then yes. Otherwise no.

41 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If you are going to report it to insurance then they will probably need a police report. 

That's what I was thinking - no need for insurance, though.  Minor enough that we wouldn't get past a deductible and ds doesn't care much about the scratch/dent.

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

My concern would also be, what if this person hit something or someone else too before or after... knowing all the facts or damage caused might help them find the person responsible.

That's definitely something to consider.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

My brain keeps running a hundred miles an hour in every possible direction and bouncing back and forth like a pingpong ball. It's both confusing and exhausting. Is it bedtime yet?

Yes.  

When my brain gets like this it's usually because I didn't drink my coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Should I continue with CLE math (currently using grade 4 text) or switch to something else next year? I could try Saxon or switch entirely to a mastery program. Things are moving so fast right now that I'm slowing it down and stretching it out to the point of only conpleting 2 lessons in a 5day week just to make sure Oldest (ds8) gets it. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Well, most times I've tried to switch away from CLE, I end up coming back.  Unless we've gotten to pre-algebra and then it's essentially too late.  So, I vote stay until or unless you have a compelling reason to leave.  As far as taking two days per lesson - I think that's okay.  You'll lose less ground than if you switch to a new program, imho.  Also, it seems like the early light units have a lot of review and the late light units have a bit of fluff - the meatier concepts is in the middle.  Which is smart - no sense in introducing new or difficult concepts close to the end of the year when there's not enough time to review and solidify understanding.  This, imo, is one of the weaknesses of Saxon.  The important grade level concepts are near the end of the text, there's not enough time to cement them, and then the next year, they're not brought back up until half way through again.  

• Like 4

Did I read something about an ITT baby arriving soon?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Did I read something about an ITT baby arriving soon?

Bookie is on the nest!  

Ikslo is trying to ketchup!

Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Sometimes I’m too tired at the end of the week to jump right in

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

No labor yet. I'm going to bed now.

Hi ikslo! I'm still pregnant, but hopefully not much longer. Stay tuned...

Rest up! Tomorrow might be a long day 😁

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Well, most times I've tried to switch away from CLE, I end up coming back.  Unless we've gotten to pre-algebra and then it's essentially too late.  So, I vote stay until or unless you have a compelling reason to leave.  As far as taking two days per lesson - I think that's okay.  You'll lose less ground than if you switch to a new program, imho.  Also, it seems like the early light units have a lot of review and the late light units have a bit of fluff - the meatier concepts is in the middle.  Which is smart - no sense in introducing new or difficult concepts close to the end of the year when there's not enough time to review and solidify understanding.  This, imo, is one of the weaknesses of Saxon.  The important grade level concepts are near the end of the text, there's not enough time to cement them, and then the next year, they're not brought back up until half way through again.  

Thank you. I feel like I WANT more mastery because it would give him more understanding and confidence. Spiral drives me nuts, but I understand the thought process behind it. I feel like I'm kinda forcing it to be more mastery by stretching out the lessons to give him more time and practice with some concepts before moving forward. Since he's a year ahead already, maybe I just need to be reminded it's ok to slow down and make this curriculum serve us, not dictate our schedule. If we don't finish the text this year, it's ok to continue where we left off next year. I constantly second guess the spiral approach, knowing I personally learned best through mastery.

• Like 2

Home again, home again, jiggity jig. 

I’m done. I made it. I did all the things.  I visited all the people. I am tired.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I was a backstage assistant for Frozen practice today, actually I was mostly stationed by one of the stage entrances so I got to watch most of the show; it's fun to see it coming together. My oldest four kids are all involved, mostly in ensemble roles. Ds14 is the bishop so has a few lines and looks very handsome in his robes and mitre. The others are trolls and townspeople and snow dancers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, maize said:

I was a backstage assistant for Frozen practice today, actually I was mostly stationed by one of the stage entrances so I got to watch most of the show; it's fun to see it coming together. My oldest four kids are all involved, mostly in ensemble roles. Ds14 is the bishop so has a few lines and looks very handsome in his robes and mitre. The others are trolls and townspeople and snow dancers.

Dd's bff is Anna, and some others she knows are in it, too.  We're going to see it in a couple of weeks.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Bookie is on the nest!  

Ikslo is trying to ketchup!

Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!

A posting-frenzy haiku?  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just spoke to dd's bio grandma.  We made plans to meet at a restaurant in Waco Sunday.  Otherwise, we wouldn't see her before 2020.

• Like 6

Tired, am I, yes

Words continue to drown me

Yet, I cannot speak

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm watching a Christmas movie.

Surprise!!!

We are finally continuing the Marvel Summer Film Festival. Tonight’s installment.... The Avengers: Infinity War.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Ikslo!  :wub:  Got any pineapples in the works?  How's the smoochie poochie?

Have a pineapple ready to cut; then stick the top in the ground I shall!

smoochie poochie is a a big pain, but we love him.  He’s also expensive. And shedding

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I lie here, awake

A weary and wordful night 

Shush now! Quiet mind...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am awake too.

Is it the horrid snoring?

It could be the caffien.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2