Menu

Ignore this thread!

That sketch gets a squillion likes from me, Critter.

Cheetoh is so big!

Generally I am in the middle of 3-4 books. However, I have a tendency to go really slow through books I get bored of, so that is not a good strategy if I am going to finish books. So, I am determined to finish “A Brave New World” before I pick up the novel I just got, and I really really need to finish the biography of Calvin Coolidge.  He is just such a dull man. Definitely not like Teddy Roosevelt, who read Anna Karenina whilst paddling down a river in South Dakota, looking for the men who stole his horse. But he was a very smart man, and I highly value intelligence.

I am actually making my way quite quickly through “A Brave New World”. It is very thought provoking, especially in its attitudes toward generally being a human person.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo: I posted in the sea if anyone wants to join me. Sorry, I don't know how to link it for you all cool like Slachie does.

It took me a minute to figure out where you posted.  I generally think of the sea as the chat board, not the education boards.

I haven't used the elementary levels of Notgrass, but hopefully someone else can help. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Happy nirthday, dear Paradox!

Good luck to the Mini Bagel at the doctor.

My Fedex package is now 2 days late and they're about to get some death glares.

I need to Do Things today, because tomorrow is busy.

I understand Fed Ex is having issues. I have no idea what, but they have damaged some of my orders from Amazon and a lot of people have mentioned that Fed Ex is very late with their shipping. I am fed up with everything right now. I ordered a new skateboard for DS because his old one is Shot to heck and it never showed up. Fortunately Amazon was cognizant of 5is and refunded me my $. But I wanted the #@$&# skateboard. And I ordered three student desks before I finally actually got one delivered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Ladies, give me the pep talk about how I'm not a bad mom for not signing up for the bright, shiny co-op. (notcc)

I misread what you wrote until I read Slache's response.

You are absolutely not a bad mom for not signing up for a co-op. 

Not that you would have been a bad mom for signing up for one, just I didn't want to defend that position. 😉

We've never used a co-op, bright, shiny, or otherwise.  I have no experience with them, other than to know that:

1. I don't want the hassle of driving hither and yon (more than I already had to) 

2. They are $$$

3. I have two kids in college without them

4. I homeschool because I don't want other people teaching my kids.

Co-ops are great for a lot of families, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been good for mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've never done a coop.   My kids have hardly ever taken outside classes unless it's the ones I teach.  We did some "sports" - gymnastics, tkd, bowling - and ds did a GT program at our local university.  I think that was pretty much it.  My kids are too quirky for me to subject other teachers to them or them to other teachers, without lots of forethought and background knowledge.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Ladies, give me the pep talk about how I'm not a bad mom for not signing up for the bright, shiny co-op. (notcc)

Not a bad mom.  None of my kids go to a co-op (tutorial) until they are in high school - we just cant afford to send everyone for a day of educational fun, though they may benefit in some ways.  We spend all our extra pennies on music things and scouts.

• Like 2

I am tired, too. But this piece came out well. I haven't used colored graphite in a while for painting (prefer watercolor) but this just needed colors to be at its best. 

I have a pair of hibiscus flowers and a garlic flower to do tomorrow. Sketched today. Paint tomorrow. 

20200902_170736.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4