Menu

What's with the ads?

Paradox, so glad things went well today!

Bookie, I have a dc with a Dec 9 birthday!  But in the interest of your comfort, I vote for as soon as safely possible!   

I got the School Meeting and Plan the Induction Booyah!!!  🎉

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

They're guessing about 8 lbs right now. He'll likely be 9 or 10 lbs by the time he's born.

Gaaaah! Times a wastin'! Time for laborin'! Now! Dear me oh my! I can't imagine birthing a baby that breaks the 9lb threshold! I don't even think there's enough room to carry a baby that size inside me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Gaaaah! Times a wastin'! Time for laborin'! Now! Dear me oh my! I can't imagine birthing a baby that breaks the 9lb threshold! I don't even think there's enough room to carry a baby that size inside me!

I had 2 over 9 lbs, 3 were early or would have been, and 1 peed right before sliding out so was 1 oz under. I’m not that big.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

How is Run Like a Mother.  Is it good?  Is it safe to run if I'm fat?  (Wish I was asking for a friend, but I'm not!)  😂

I am a mother. I do not run. I walk. Occasionally, I will speed walk. That is about as fast as I go. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I had 2 over 9 lbs, 3 were early or would have been, and 1 peed right before sliding out so was 1 oz under. I’m not that big.

I was huuuge by the time Youngest finally decided to grace us with his presence. I do not think my body could've possibly stretched any further without breaking. My belly button reminded me of one of those turkey things that "pop" when the turkey is done cooking. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I meant to add, Bookie, I have been induced with all but 1 baby. Get the epidural early. Inducing hurts and is more intense than regular labor.

Son 1: had a few contractions, water broke, labor stopped, 2 1/2 wks before due date. 7lbs 15oz

Son 2: never had any contractions, water just broke 2 1/2 wks before due date. 7lbs 15 oz

Son 3: only baby to come naturally. Born 30 mins after his due date. 10lbs. 5oz. My Best memory: Doc turned white when Son 3’s size was declared.

Son 4: my preemie at 36 wks 4 days. contractions weren’t doing anything but could not be stopped, either. Doc induced because I think he was scared of another Monster Baby, and we lived quite a ways from the hospital. 7lbs. 15oz.

The Girl: planned inducing at 39 wks. 9lbs 5oz

Captain: planned inducing at 39 wks. 8lbs 15oz.

Just cause I know you wanted to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My dad says get a group of women together who have kids and eventually they will start sharing birth stories. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I was huuuge by the time Youngest finally decided to grace us with his presence. I do not think my body could've possibly stretched any further without breaking. My belly button reminded me of one of those turkey things that "pop" when the turkey is done cooking. 😂

I know what you mean! It freaks me out every time at the end! Scotsman loves it. Silly man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I am a mother. I do not run. I walk. Occasionally, I will speed walk. That is about as fast as I go. 😂

I will need adult diapers to run after carrying my big babies. No more trampoline either!

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

How is Run Like a Mother.  Is it good?  Is it safe to run if I'm fat?  (Wish I was asking for a friend, but I'm not!)  😂

Boring. No. Yes.

I probably won't finish it. I keep not picking it up. Have you seen the new marathon movie advertised?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to read run to Carthage but I am kind of putting running books off until the gym opens and I can use the treadmill. I loved Born to Run but it was more of a story than an application book. I believe run to Carthage is too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I'm making Kanban boards.

Which are??

Have to run Quiet Boy to youth night in a few. Scotsman is working late.

The brownies are all gone...

• Like 4

I want brownies.  and ice cream.  

I went to Panera earlier while dd was at TKD since the gym is closed.  I had a nice salad and unsweetened herbal ice tea.  Leaving I really wanted to get a pastry of some sort to have after dinner, but I resisted.  Now I'm really regretting that I resisted.  Only thing here sweet to eat is chocolate oreos.  

• Like 5

Did I mention Gymnast has a violin recital tonight? For your listening pleasure, she will playing "Lightly Row."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Youngest is in bed for the night. Now if I can just get Oldest moving in that direction.... 

I didn't get to the curriculum stuff today, but everything else I hoped to do got done so I still think the day was a success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Slache said:

Boring. No. Yes.

I probably won't finish it. I keep not picking it up. Have you seen the new marathon movie advertised?

No, I haven’t. 

46 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I want brownies.  and ice cream.  

I went to Panera earlier while dd was at TKD since the gym is closed.  I had a nice salad and unsweetened herbal ice tea.  Leaving I really wanted to get a pastry of some sort to have after dinner, but I resisted.  Now I'm really regretting that I resisted.  Only thing here sweet to eat is chocolate oreos.  

The pecan braid is yummy!

• Like 3

Happy Evening!  I'm exhausted. Standing on concrete for 6 hours in the cold is not my idea of fun.  Garage is making real progress though!  And minimalist me and hoarder Dh are still on speaking terms. 🥳 He's actually super excited about what I'm accomplishing (and all the tools he's finding that have been lost in bins for years), so that's a huge blessing.  (He usually hates it if I organize his stuff, and will.not.throw.anything.away, but he's so happy about the pegboards that he's actually taking part in tossing away junk). Most of the tools, etc are on the wall now, in logical places, and where we can both see it anytime we need it. And there's a massive pile of rubbish by the driveway to trash this weekend. I still have to buy a few small bins for the shelves to hold towels, etc.  

And Dh hung shelving in the shed, too, so that's looking better and better. 

Tomorrow's piano lessons were cancelled, so I'll use the extra time to get the bins, and swing by the Donation Center.

Paradox -- so glad to hear the fantastic update!  I'm so glad that is behind you.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Which are??

Have to run Quiet Boy to youth night in a few. Scotsman is working late.

The brownies are all gone...

53 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

No, I haven’t. 

The pecan braid is yummy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maize said:

The new Dora movie was the incentive I offered my kids to get them to write essays last week.

They love Ninjago. 

What is RWBY?

This is an excellent idea.  Except I would turn it around and use it as a threat.  "You need to write an essay or I'm going to make you watch Dora."

3 hours ago, maize said:

Impressive!

I don't read much these days, mostly listen to audiobooks while cleaning/doing laundry/driving. Currently listening to The Elfstones of Shannara.

And I've been watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while running/walking on the treadmill, dubbed in French cause that way I can give myself brownie points for language practice 😂

I enjoy watching familiar movies in foreign languages, too.  :)

• Like 5

My babies were all 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 pounds, with the exception of dd11 who was close to 9.

My mother weighed 11 pounds -- birthed at home before the doctor arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I ran for 3 or 4 years about 15 years ago. And I’m pretty sure that’s why my knees are in such bad shape now. I have no desire to bother with that running nonsense again! 😂

Besides, Fitbit says I’m in excellent cardiovascular health for my age, and I only walk/glider-thing and do very basic resistance training. 🤣

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

My babies ranged from 5 1/2 lbs (dd16) to 9 1/2 lbs (dd10). My biggest was naturally the one I had naturally with a midwife. I was fully dilated for about 3 hours and dd was still at -3. So I finally just sat straight up and she went from not descended at all to crowning in 15 minutes. That was quite the experience. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I ran for 3 or 4 years about 15 years ago. And I’m pretty sure that’s why my knees are in such bad shape now. I have no desire to bother with that running nonsense again! 😂

I've taken up a barefoot toe strike running style partly in the hopes it will preserve my knees. With a forefoot strike the foot flexes to absorb the impact.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

His pronunciation makes me want to slice off my ears. 

I know!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Respond:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes. I get more annoyed with people who do it on purpose though. (especially names, but I won't get on my soapbox.)

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Paradox, so glad things went well today!

Bookie, I have a dc with a Dec 9 birthday!  But in the interest of your comfort, I vote for as soon as safely possible!   

I got the School Meeting and Plan the Induction Booyah!!!  🎉

Birthday twinsies! It sounded like labor and delivery get to tell us when they're available for an induction, so my only choice will be to take the date they offer or decline and wait for labor to start naturally. Dave is pretty pro-induction, and even though I'm usually all about the natural, I think I want the induction, too. I'll let y'all know when it is!

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm 5'5", and usually weigh less than 140 lbs. I'm also short waisted. I resemble a planet right now. I'm kinda surprised I don't have a gravitational pull! Dave is 6'2" and broad-shouldered. He also has long limbs. I think he's part Viking, and I blame him for our babies' sizes, lol.

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I meant to add, Bookie, I have been induced with all but 1 baby. Get the epidural early. Inducing hurts and is more intense than regular labor.

Son 1: had a few contractions, water broke, labor stopped, 2 1/2 wks before due date. 7lbs 15oz

Son 2: never had any contractions, water just broke 2 1/2 wks before due date. 7lbs 15 oz

Son 3: only baby to come naturally. Born 30 mins after his due date. 10lbs. 5oz. My Best memory: Doc turned white when Son 3’s size was declared.

Son 4: my preemie at 36 wks 4 days. contractions weren’t doing anything but could not be stopped, either. Doc induced because I think he was scared of another Monster Baby, and we lived quite a ways from the hospital. 7lbs. 15oz.

The Girl: planned inducing at 39 wks. 9lbs 5oz

Captain: planned inducing at 39 wks. 8lbs 15oz.

Just cause I know you wanted to know.

Because I'm a natural redhead, anesthesia doesn't work properly on me. I don't get epidurals. I've been induced before, though, so I know what I'm getting into. Thankfully, my labors tend to progress quickly.

Reader: labored the longest with her, and tried an epidural. It wore off, but they wouldn't let me out of bed to move around because I'd had one. Her birth was traumatic, but she was perfect. 8 lbs 8 oz.

Runner: different hospital, and my first induction. Tried the epidural again, and it worked, but they used so much to make it work that it caused issues. 9 lbs 8 oz.

SuperDude: my only homebirth, and my biggest baby. In retrospect, we would've been safer at the hospital (long story), but God is gracious and our boy is still with us. 10 lbs 6 oz. After having him, I felt so empowered.

Squishy: longest labor ever. I went into labor with him two weeks before he was born. He was a planned homebirth, but I wasn't comfortable with the lack of urgency (or care at all) that my midwife displayed. After two weeks of every 5 minute contractions and no progress, I took my kids to their grandparents', told Dave to come to the hospital, and went and checked myself in to labor and delivery. Good thing, too, because we nearly lost him. He was born with the help of lots of Pitocin and no epidural. It's kinda funny, though, because by the time my contractions gor really intense, I was asking for an epidural, but there wasn't any time. I didn't know that, so Dave, bless him, lied through his teeth that the anestisologist was on his way! It kept me going, and I didn't realize it wasn't true until I was pushing. I think it was one of the sweetest things he's done. I love my doctor and will never have another baby with any other attendent. (I never heard from my midwife again after I told her I was going to rue hospital.) He was 9 lbs 9 oz.

I'm very inclined to accept my doctor's recommendation since she was with me last time and knows a lot of my history. If she thinks an induction will be best for Cheeto and for me, I will trust her judgement.

Edited by ThatBookwormMom
Added to stories.
  • Like 6

It's almost 2. I could cry. He's been snoring for a week strait. All through the night until he wakes up at 4. Nothing helps. And then my entire morning is spent sleeping. I am so tired. I don't know what to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

It's almost 2. I could cry. He's been snoring for a week strait. All through the night until he wakes up at 4. Nothing helps. And then my entire morning is spent sleeping. I am so tired. I don't know what to do.

Do you have to sleep in the same room?

• Like 5

My babies were

7 pounds 1 ounce - water broke 4 weeks early, induced because no contractions at all, kept losing heartbeat so had to lie on side which made epidural only work on that one side while other side felt full pain, forceps delivery after 12 hours

7 pounds 9 ounces - induced 2 weeks late, kept losing heartbeat and I kept passing out, middle of the night emergency c-section.  Occurred to us that I may not react well to the induction medicines.

7 pounds 13 ounces - c-section scheduled for MIL's sisters birthday (and mil complained she didn't want dd to have her sister's birthday), started contractions on my own for the first time 4 days before her scheduled c-section so the one time things should have been completely predictable things still went screwy.   She was delivered by a covering doctor due to the early arrival. 

Tubes were tied during c-section with youngest so no more kiddos for me.  

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Today is one of my easier days, although I do have a teen hangout and tutoring after classes.  Teen hangout will just mean getting out supplies for some projects if they want to do them, checking in every so often, and making sure they clean up.

• Like 7

Good morning all. Ketchupped and reacted while waiting on coffee. Drank some coffee and now I am clear-headed enough to type.

For those who wanna know, my bloodsugar is back to normal. 86 this morning. Yesterday must've just been a fluke.

Slachie, have you tried those snore strips on his nose? If you try 'em, let me know if they work because I sleep next to a chainsaw. Lol

Bookie, I had no idea natural redheads had issues with anesthesia. Another new thing I learned here on ITT.

Off to make the breakfast now and get ready for the day.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's Friday Eve!!  Coffee!

School, work, DD work, school at work, leftovers for supper.  I need to find my HEB and bath and body works coupons and check dates.  And I need to add a couple of things to my AFSA order for tomorrow.  Oh!  And I need to drop a box at the post office.  Don't let me forget those things!

• Like 4

Sleeping in another room doesn't help because he is so loud. He has started waking the kids at night. Actually he has started wasting himself and then he yells at me for waking him up.

He stopped wearing snore strips because he believed that they were injuring his nose, but he does wear an insert thing that used to work. The problem is that he has gained an insane amount of weight since we moved here because all he does is sit all day. I think I might make him stop eating.

Does anyone know all of the places in Scripture that have a list of character qualities for Christians like Ephesians 4?

• Like 1

(((Slache and Matt)))

Sleeping on his side would probably help.  And yes, the weight gain is probably a major factor in this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Slache and Matt)))

Sleeping on his side would probably help.  And yes, the weight gain is probably a major factor in this.

It used to. It's gotten incredibly bad. I put him on a diet this morning. He's sulking. He's been telling me for years "I can lose the weight if I want to, I just don't want to." Well congratulations, now you want to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

(((Slache))) Dh has worn Breathe Right (nose strips) for years.  No nose injury.  This situation needs to be First Priority on the Kanban board.  Can you soundproof a large closet somewhere and make him sleep on a cot in it?  

No tutorial until after New Years, so we just have regular lessons and cello lesson this afternoon and orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.  I feel like I'm a week ahead of schedule and a week behind and can't figure out exactly where I am supposed to be.

Coffee!

• Like 4