Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, maize said:

My sister didn't answer my phone call. 

This is a problem because I need someone to talk to so I can get stuff done.

My audiobook is not cutting it.

Off to try a different sister...

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I do the same thing. . .

I always wanted a sister. That’s why when we adopted DD1, I was determined to get her a sister. We ended up getting her two. It’s worked out well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

I want a bengal. Have you met one? I had a friend I used to catsit for who had 3.

A friend has a bengal.  They have to be very careful because it wants badly to get out.  But since it's still sort of wildish, letting it outside is not a good idea.  Plus - they are uber expensive so they don't want to lose it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Aren’t those tigers??

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

A friend has a bengal.  They have to be very careful because it wants badly to get out.  But since it's still sort of wildish, letting it outside is not a good idea.  Plus - they are uber expensive so they don't want to lose it. 

I didn't know that. My friend had a massive home so it wasn't a huge deal. I know they're expensive. I wouldn't get one because of that alone. I still love them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

I didn't know that. My friend had a massive home so it wasn't a huge deal. I know they're expensive. I wouldn't get one because of that alone. I still love them.

Oh my word, that is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen.  I want one of those. I have never heard of them before.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My friend does the whole cat show thing. 

Bah! No. I just like their personality. And size. And purtiness.

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh my word, that is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen.  I want one of those. I have never heard of them before.

They're huge.

24 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I should've take four years of Latin in college instead of two. And then kept up with it. What a waste.

Man, have you guys seen that video going around of the woman who took out 80,000 in student loans and checked it ten years in to find out she's paid 120,000 but still owes 76,000. 😱

That's loan math for ya.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

History Po: What if we made a huge timeline by using Homeschool in the Woods sets? Are there other sets like that? I was thinking read the blurbs, maybe buy (again) a Kingfisher encyclopedia?

Know what I want for my birthday? Lit Lessons from Lord of the Rings!

And $20,000 because why not? 🤑

I want it back. I do not have $20,000.

It's a $20,000 LOTR BOOYA!

20200901_233032.jpg

Edited by Slache
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEEEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

School and work. More family meetings this afternoon.

Slashie, I have a squeaky kid, too. I love squeakers. She did it as a baby, and actually hasn’t grown out of it. It is still very involuntarily and quite sweet.

Bookie, I do think you are right about Zoom meetings. Plus, it’s got a brief lag time and sometimes the Internet gets wonky. Yesterday I got video and no audio for a parent, so she called me on her cell for audio, but for some reason my cell phone doesn’t work in my office, so I had to carry my laptop and my Cell phone into my bedroom and was sitting in the bathroom with my phone On speaker and laptop on the countertop having this meeting. The meeting went great, but still, a little weird.

Bagels, I hope no broken bones.

Happy Nirthday Paradox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Auditor logged out of our call due to computer issues, and has not logged back in.  So while I could be getting other work done, I’m instead monitoring an empty Teams call so I can let him back into the meeting.

”Waiting for others to join...” is depressing and boring. Like having no friends. Or waiting for Godot.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Morning.  It's a rainy, icky day here.  Just the steady gloomy kind of day.   I feel tired and blah and like my allergy meds aren't working.   Dh stayed home from work because he wasn't feeling well.  I cancelled my algebra tutoring today.    Kids and I were going to go to a homeschool recess but not doing that either.  My kids are not fans of hanging out in the rain.  They aren't big fans of outside, don't ride bikes or skate or do much with ball games so I was going to have them bring some board/card/dice games.  Which clearly doesn't work in the rain.   So a lazy, gloomy day at home.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Auditor logged out of our call due to computer issues, and has not logged back in.  So while I could be getting other work done, I’m instead monitoring an empty Teams call so I can let him back into the meeting.

”Waiting for others to join...” is depressing and boring. Like having no friends. Or waiting for Godot.

Are you contemplating the growth of toenails yet?

That's the only part of Waiting for Godot I remember.

"The toenails, on the other hand, never grow at all."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I might have re-read WfG.  I was staring at the screen for a long time.  I did not time it.  Watching my dog roll around on the carpet.  Thinking about what that was doing to the carpet.  Contemplating getting a sweater.  Wondering if I had time to pee.

Then I posted to ITT and he came back on.

• Like 2

The glass broke.  It did not shatter/splinter into tiny pieces.  Pass.

Safety Glazing saves lives.

Me, normally: Yes, but was the training of the technician properly documented?  Was the datasheet filled out properly at the time of test?  Was the equipment calibrated and traceable to NIST?  Where’s your mask? PPE? What’s the temperature in the lab?  Are you using the most current version of the test standard?

Me with another auditor present:

• Like 3

Good morning!

Hope Bagel Bite gets good results!  And the rest of the Bagel Bakery survives the complications of the day!

Lessons are underway and I managed to get the laundry put away.  We leave in a little over an hour for ds15's cello lesson, but nothing else is scheduled for the day.  I keep forgetting that Thursday is grocery shopping day now, instead of Wednesday.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Happy Nirthday, Paradox. Hoping for no broken bagels. Rain is amazing. It's raining everywhere today. Even here.

Got a ton of reading and writing to do today. I've taken to reading anywhere from 4 to 8 books at a time, in addition to reading my own work and Beta reads for others. It's awesome because it's a brain workout keeping track of each story, but also because I develop an appreciation for what holds my interest and makes me want to open the book the next day and which ones make me yawn. 

I also have short stories and a novel to start work on again today. And art. So much to do.

• Like 5

I am usually in the middle of at least 4 or 5 books.

I have been working through Les Mis since Christmas.

I'm reading through a book of Japanese short stories.

I used to keep a book in my purse.  (Now I don't need to because I don't go anywhere.)

I'm currently reading The House of Seven Gables.  When I finish this I will choose another classic to take it's place.

I usually am reading a book in Spanish.  I finished one last week and haven't started the next yet.

I've been reading through Newbery books, so I usually have one of those going, too.

And I usually have a Christian book (devotional, biography) that I'm reading through.

I *can't* just read one book at a time because my reading is very much affected by my mood or concentration level.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dd22 has been released from quarrantine!  A couple of the doodads I got for her still haven't been delivered.  🙄 lol.  Oh well.

Ds25 just left to go set up / claim work space in the new office building in The Big City.  He doesn't expect to be working on location until November at the earliest, but he is going to bring a decent chair home to sit  on.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd22 has been released from quarrantine!  A couple of the doodads I got for her still haven't been delivered.  🙄 lol.  Oh well.

Ds25 just left to go set up / claim work space in the new office building in The Big City.  He doesn't expect to be working on location until November at the earliest, but he is going to bring a decent chair home to sit  on.

Hooray!

What did you end up getting her?

I need ideas.  I kind of have a feeling that with two kids on campus we might end up going through another round of isolation.

ETA:  Booyah!  Susan's dd is Free!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Hooray!

What did you end up getting her?

I need ideas.  I kind of have a feeling that with two kids on campus we might end up going through another round of isolation.

ETA:  Booyah!  Susan's dd is Free!

I mostly got her microwave vegetarian meals (Mac & cheese and Thai peanut noodles) and snacks and a book of brain puzzles for "seniors" lol and a coloring book.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1