Menu

What's with the ads?

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We're on our way to co op.

Reader decided to be an actress. I tried to tell her she could be both, Renai, but she decided that was too complicated and no one would understand, and then she rolled her eyes. Right after I marvel at her little girlness, she decides to be a tween.

Runner is a Bible translating cowboy.

SuperDude is a gym coach, complete with eardrum shattering whistle.

Squishy is Batman.

I'm just a mom, but that's all I wanted to be when I grew up, anyway, so it works for me.

I want tamales.

Me too! I haven't had tamales in 30+ years. I don't know how to make them. 😥

Edited by Servant4Christ
I want tamales, too! Booya(h)!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

After a double take, I reread and reread and yep, still the same words. Gah?! You're BREEDING cockroaches?! Shouldn't you be calling the exterminator?! Did I MISS something? 

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and, no I'm not trying to breed them. They are doing that on their own.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and, no I'm not trying to breed them. They are doing that on their own.

Have you tried telling them they have to leave the door open?

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have never eaten a tamale 

This is odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Have you tried telling them they have to leave the door open?

This is odd.

Why?  I grew up in an Asian country. I live in a state that does not have large numbers of Hispanic immigrants. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have never eaten a tamale 

You aren’t missing anything.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Why?  I grew up in an Asian country. I live in a state that does not have large numbers of Hispanic immigrants. 

I've never eaten one, either.  I just don't mind buying them for everyone else.

• Like 3

I may have eaten a tamale a long time ago.  We don't eat much food that contains peppers or seed-based oils due to allergies, so that eliminates a lot of Hispanic and Asian foods.  

• Sad 1

the Girl and I bought brownie mix, ice cream, and pizza for dinner. So healthy! Just kidding! Dinner is mac n cheese freshly made by moi and brownies with ice cream for dessert. (Pizza is for lunch tomorrow for kids while I’m at my thing.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I schooled the short people, finished the laundry, picked up the house and taught John how to do the dishes. Can I go to bed?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I schooled the short people, finished the laundry, picked up the house and taught John how to do the dishes. Can I go to bed?

Yes.

• Thanks 2

I don't think I've ever had a tamale either.   And half my family is Hispanic, I live in a state with many many Hispanic immigrants, married into a family that is half Hispanic, and went to college in Texas for 18 months.  

I have had tacos, enchiladas, burritos, taquitos, fajitas, paella, quesadillas, nachos, empanadas (one of the ladies that comes to our annual lake party makes the most amazing empanadas), and probably a bunch I'm not thinking of but not tamales.    I may need to do something about that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I evidently pulled my gluteus maximus while doing yoga this morning.   At the time it felt like a quick cramp but as the day went on, it was clear that I did something.  So instead of going to the gym during TKD, I sat on the couch on a heat pad.  It's helping.

Turns out the gym is evidently closed today because they are putting in new machines.  They had a sign up about new machines, but it didn't say anything about closing for it.  

• Sad 7

6 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Dinner done. I’m done. 

Are you sure you don't just need to be flipped over?

• Haha 5

Are you sure you don't just need to be flipped over?

Probably. My left ear hurts. I'm a pancake!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I may have eaten a tamale a long time ago.  We don't eat much food that contains peppers or seed-based oils due to allergies, so that eliminates a lot of Hispanic and Asian foods.  

There are sweet tamales as well, without chile (peppers).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Renai said:

There are sweet tamales as well, without chile (peppers).

Hmmmm...that sounds like something I should try!

• Like 3

I have the heating pad on my shoulder and it feels so good.  Dr. Google says I should ice it but I don't want to.  Ice is cold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have the heating pad on my shoulder and it feels so good.  Dr. Google says I should ice it but I don't want to.  Ice is cold.

Dr. Google is right. Remember that if the pain persists.

• Sad 4

There are good tamales and not so good tamales. I make not so good tamales. So I don’t make them anymore. They aren’t so good if they are too dry.

• Like 4

Well, I had a good day visiting families. It’s a lot of work and a lot of driving, but I enjoyed it. The one mom I keep forgetting how much I like her. She’s a kick.

• Like 7

Happy Humph Day.   Today is a long/short day.  Short with only three classes but long since two of them are younger kids and one is a full class.   But no tutoring or anything after so I'm done at 2pm.  

My gluteus feels better this morning.  Little achy but not bad.  Dh had suggested ice as well as the heat but no way I'm sitting on an ice pack when it's 30 degrees outside and barely hitting 70 inside.  Nope on that.

Still waking up with my ankle super sore but I keep forgetting to try the brace at night.  I should take it out now and put it on the bed, then I'll remember.   It's weird that it only hurts when I wake up, not when I've been on my feet all day or even jogging.  

• Like 9

Good morning! Today is a busy one around here. Housework and lessons, food prep and OB visit. Kids to kid's church tonight. 

I did an ideal schedule exercise this morning for when all the moving pieces are back in place after Baby Cheeto's arrival. I tried to be reasonable, and only scheduled about 40 minutes of work into each hour block. Then I color-coded it, so I could see at a glance how much space was family time, school time, and work time. I'm pleased with it, even as my cynical side is laughing her head off at the idea of order ever being established again, lol. Anyway, it's pretty at least.

Toto, I hope your tookus is better. Did you put the brace on the bed?

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Slache said:

Good morning!

I'm going to die of tired.

100%. I wanna hibernate, but the family apparently cannot function without me. In the words of Oldest, "Who else is gonna cook, clean, teach, and change the baby diapers? Dad can't do it as good as you and then I have to help."

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Good morning!  Coffee is ready!

The usual--school, work, DD work, school at work, leftovers for supper.  

We get to run around town during work today, so at least the day will be broken up somewhat, and it is usually fun. 

I better go wake up Ds and his dog!

• Like 6

Wash dishes, fold laundry, start school, gather curriculum to be resold/donated/recycled so I can get it all out of our schoolroom. These are my goals today.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 8

Had a very grumpy afternoon yesterday, and continued grumpy today. I had to contact a writing buddy to reign me in before I exploded, which is what writing buddies do best. More writing today, and then I will cook something and clean something probably. That tends to be a good cure for grumpiness.

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

Busy Busy day today. Fortunately 3 of the 4 families I see I will actually see in my town. I only have to drive to see the fourth family. Somehow I’m going to have to get school in for the little girls, then there’s piano lessons and Awana tonight. I just gotta keep aiming for Friday night. Friday night. Friday night. “What is Friday night?” You ask. Nothing. Nothing is Friday night. That is the end of the busyness. At least work busyness. Then it’s prep for Thanksgiving busyness, which is fine. I do need to get a turkey, though.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I've decided that Dr. Google is an idiot.  Why are we not surprised? :laugh:  I had no shoulder pain all night or this morning after last night's heating pad. But then I iced my shoulder this morning and now the pain is so bad I can hardly stay upright.  I have the heating pad back on.

Gotta go - the kids need the iPad.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Morning! I’m getting ready for this meeting thing. Showering, eating, praying, telling myself to stop being fearful. They can’t do anything. No one is going to call CPS or force me to enroll him. I can do this.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

(((Paradox))) It's okay. It's just a meeting. You can walk away at any time. This is going to be a good thing, where you get lots of useful information and no negativity at all.

Praying for you.

• Like 8

(((Paradox)))  "If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies.  Yet distance makes no difference, and He IS praying for me." Robert Murray McCheyne

• Like 11

Go, Paradox! ITT is on your side. Elephant Ninja Brigade is on standby.

I did not coffee today because there was no more coffee. I had tea and will buy more coffee when we are out doing errands.

I'm wishing DH had a 9-5 job instead of a "boss feels perfectly free to call you on Sunday at 1PM" and "conference call with people in another time zone at 10 on a weeknight, but make sure to get in bright and early the next morning" and "never mind that you only see your parents twice a year, the Thing is Broken" job. But his field just appears to be like this, so IDK that it would be worthwhile to encourage him to apply elsewhere.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Morning! I’m getting ready for this meeting thing. Showering, eating, praying, telling myself to stop being fearful. They can’t do anything. No one is going to call CPS or force me to enroll him. I can do this.

I've been praying for you about every half hour this morning and will continue to until you tell us it's over.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Wash dishes, fold laundry, start school, gather curriculum to be resold/donated/recycled so I can get it all out of our schoolroom. These are my goals today.

Ok. I've accomplished SOME of this. I did SOME of the dishes and started school on time. Math is done and language arts is half done. Oldest finished his writing assignment!!! Do I REALLY have to tackle Mt Laundry? I don't wanna, but we do need the laundry basket for dirty clothes transport. Guess I better get to it before lunch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well I'm functional again and practiced my orchestra music and made whole wheat sausage cheese muffins for me (I keep them in the freezer for a quick meal-on-the-go).  Kids are having chicken patty sandwiches for lunch.

Oh, and Way To Go all you last minute quartet Christmas music purchasing procrastinators!!  I've now earned enough to buy myself a replacement music stand light.  Though I can't get both that AND the McDonald's ice cream cones, so we'll have to set some priorities. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2