Menu

What's with the ads?

I'm worried about the meeting Wednesday to go over ASD Boy's test results. It is the judgement of strangers I fear and the crazy fear of someone taking my kid away. That hits some PTSD that I do NOT want to and will NOT explain. Scotsman is coming with me as my knight in shining armor. Would y'all mind praying for me?

Kids enjoyed dinner. Scotsman and I ate a pint of rainbow sherbert for dessert while compainably watching different shows on our phones and holding hands. Le pant! (as in Pepe LePue the WB French skunk.)

Kids were tired tonight. They all dropped like flies after dinner! Normally, I have kids up til midnight, sometimes later. I hope this means they get up earlier tomorrow.

I'm going to watch a movie now and check back here a bit, then hopefully fall asleep. 

Thanks for listening.

AND I GET THE BOOYA!!! HAHAHA!!!

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

And just to ruin my false sense of sleeping children: The Girl comes in to ask if she can watch a movie with me to fall asleep. I said yes.

Thanks for the hugs, Slache. You guys feeling better? Hot lemonade works for us.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

And just to ruin my false sense of sleeping children: The Girl comes in to ask if she can watch a movie with me to fall asleep. I said yes.

Thanks for the hugs, Slache. You guys feeling better? Hot lemonade works for us.

SUPER cranky baby and slightly cranky husband the past two days which is never a good sign, but mostly yes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I’m back. Busy busy day. We had potato soup for dinner with corn bread. That’s for whoever asked what’s for dinner. Of course, it’s too late now. Bell choir tonight. We are going to play at the Nation’s Christmas Tree Ceremony thingie up at the General Grant Tree in King’s Canyon National Park next month. That should be kind of neat. Handbells in the forest. Hopefully there will be some snow by then. This is like one of the driest Novembers on record.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I read somewhere about drinking vinegar, but I don't think I'm that desperate.  Plus, I would be worried about what it would do to my teeth.

You don’t drink it straight. You put one teaspoon into a whole glass of water. Apple cider vinegar is the best kind.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I'm still reluctant.  This kidney stone has been moving sporadically for about a month now.  I hope that it's about done.

Another thing for kidney stones (I have had more than you can shake a stick at):  soft drinks with phosphorus in them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

We've got yet another cold going through the family. I feel like I've had not more than a handful of healthy days since August.

I need to schedule flu shots, I really don't want to deal with a real flu after all this.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

Good morning!

I'm sorry you're under the weather again, Maize. We had a fall/winter like that last year. I felt like everything we did brought sickness to the house, but I wasn't willing to not do things. Like you, we were only all well for a few days at a time! I hope your family is well again soon.

Servant and Slache, how are you and your people feeling today?

Good job, Jean! You're doing so well with your goals.

Susan, your embroidery is beautiful. How's your arm today?

Paradox, I'm praying for you. Remember, the Lord has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, courage, and sound mind. He's got this. He's got you. I'm so glad your husband will be going with you.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! How are you this morning? Today is co op day, which I normally love, but today it sounds exhausting. It's Spirit Month, and today is Career Day. My kids are supposed to dress up as whatever they want to be when they grow up. Reader is torn between an actress and a princess (I puffy heart love how she's still such a little girl). Runner is going as a Bible translator. SuperDude wants to be a businessman, even though he's not exactly sure what businessmen do. And Squishy's going as Batman.

I'm still chipping away at planning and prep to make life run smoothly when Cheeto arrives. I think he's never coming out, though. I'm going to stay pregnant forever.

Coffee!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm worried about the meeting Wednesday to go over ASD Boy's test results. It is the judgement of strangers I fear and the crazy fear of someone taking my kid away. That hits some PTSD that I do NOT want to and will NOT explain. Scotsman is coming with me as my knight in shining armor. Would y'all mind praying for me?

Kids enjoyed dinner. Scotsman and I ate a pint of rainbow sherbert for dessert while compainably watching different shows on our phones and holding hands. Le pant! (as in Pepe LePue the WB French skunk.)

Kids were tired tonight. They all dropped like flies after dinner! Normally, I have kids up til midnight, sometimes later. I hope this means they get up earlier tomorrow.

I'm going to watch a movie now and check back here a bit, then hopefully fall asleep. 

Thanks for listening.

Praying for you.

Judgment is the last thing moms raising challenging kids need. I hope you find only support.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Thanks for listening.

(((Paradox))) Praying that all goes well for you on Wednesday. I think Bookie said it best: God's got this. I know how much fear and paranoia can stem (and take root if we aren't careful) from past trauma. I live it regularly but will not explain it to the public masses. Just know I understand. If you'll give me a timeframe, I'll even pray during your meeting that all goes well. Go, Mr Paradox, for being the knight in shining armor!!!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I've been awake since 5:45, but I just got up a few minutes ago.  Trying to knock off as many things as possible from my to-do list. 

So far this morning I have:

taken morning meds

read 3 chapters in Malachi

made the bed

practiced Spanish on duolingo

checked email, the chat board, and news to make sure the world hasn't fallen apart

checked to see if Coke has phosphorus

listened to next week's choir song

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Does Coke have phosphorus?

yep.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Does Coke have phosphorus?

Ok, now can we talk about teeth?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday!

Three classes, a meeting with a fellow Facebook page admin, three tutoring sessions, gym during TKD.   Another long day.   But next week I'm off of everything (except the kids doing school).  No classes, no 4-H, the house has to be already clean (since MIL is coming to stay).  I will have to plan classes and school but that is sleep in, plop on the couch, barely move work

I'm looking forward to it, even though I just had a week off.  That week wasn't really "off" since I had other meetings and stuff to do.   Next week I'll have to obligations that are schedule with other people, except I guess Thanksgiving dinner.  

• Like 4

(((Hugs)))) and good luck Paradox.   I hope the meeting goes well and they are willing to listen to what you guys have to say.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok, now can we talk about teeth?

Ha!  I only drink Coke medicinally.  Sometimes it is the only thing that helps my migraines.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning! It's a Very Special Day today!!

Love the sentiment but clowns are creepy to me.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good morning!  We're rolling right along, getting ready to head out to school, work, etc.  I have made mashed potatoes, green beans, and steamed broccoli and put smothered pork chops and tofu in the crock pot.  We'll heat some corn when we get home tonight.  And loaded and started the dishwasher and fed animals.  

Praying, Paradox.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dd16 is being given more teaching hours at the dojo. They want her to do even more but she isn't willing to give up her dance classes so some evenings are not available.

It is nice for her to feel so valued.

• Like 9

Happy Birthday, Jeannie!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

I need to make sure my kids don't see this post or they will want to have the day off school.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

It’s Jeannie’s Nirthday!!! Epic Birthday Bash at the Island. Pull out all the stops!!!

Happy Nirthday, Jeannie!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🍰🍰🍰🍰🍫🎁🎁🎁🎁🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Busy day today!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got to my classroom today and my cockroaches are having more babies.   I have one book that says they only breed once in their lives (which I didn't think was true based on what I read elsewhere) but EVERYTHING says they will only breed if the temperatures are over 80 degrees.  Which makes sense, they are from the rainforest.  So I took the heat pad away once they had their last batch of babies.  Those babies are about 1/3 the size of the adults right now.  But mommy cockroach (Marie) is right now giving birth to more babies.   I don't really need more cockroaches.  I had about 25 before this.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I got to my classroom today and my cockroaches are having more babies.   I have one book that says they only breed once in their lives (which I didn't think was true based on what I read elsewhere) but EVERYTHING says they will only breed if the temperatures are over 80 degrees.  Which makes sense, they are from the rainforest.  So I took the heat pad away once they had their last batch of babies.  Those babies are about 1/3 the size of the adults right now.  But mommy cockroach (Marie) is right now giving birth to more babies.   I don't really need more cockroaches.  I had about 25 before this.

Give them to your students!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Top priority today: finish sorting, tossing, and organizing the stuff I pulled out of my storage shed. 

I need to get it back under a roof before tomorrows predicted rain.

• Like 4

I am trying to do all the things I would do in a regular day in about half the time. My afternoon is booked. So far I'm doing pretty well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My parents would LOVE me for that.

Exactly! Think of the reviews!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Hmpf. She's probably one of those homeschooling mommy cockroaches.  🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Junie said:

I'm still reluctant.  This kidney stone has been moving sporadically for about a month now.  I hope that it's about done.

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You don’t drink it straight. You put one teaspoon into a whole glass of water. Apple cider vinegar is the best kind.  

Yep. My mom has done this for years, and she has nary a problem with her teeth. There were even books about ACV and healing benefits. I think my mom still has one of the originals...

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! How are you this morning? Today is co op day, which I normally love, but today it sounds exhausting. It's Spirit Month, and today is Career Day. My kids are supposed to dress up as whatever they want to be when they grow up. Reader is torn between an actress and a princess (I puffy heart love how she's still such a little girl). Runner is going as a Bible translator. SuperDude wants to be a businessman, even though he's not exactly sure what businessmen do. And Squishy's going as Batman.

Coffee!

Reader can do both. She's an actress, being a princess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Give them to your students!

22 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My parents would LOVE me for that.

Now, my spring break homework assignment doesn't sound so bad. I had a class of prekers who had never played in the mud. I made it their homework assignment (written in the class newsletter!) to play in the mud over spring break. About 90% of them did (at least they said...). 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning, Tuesday!  Coffee!!

I had another rough night of sleep.  Too many things on my Urgent To-Do list, so my brain goes all willy-nilly on me at bedtime.  But at least today is low-key (and Dh made breakfast) so I was able to sleep in a bit to make up for it.   The kids are all doing their independent school tasks right now, so maybe I can knock a few more things off that list and get better rest tonight.

Saying prayers for you, Paradox, and sending hugs.

• Like 6

We're on our way to co op.

Reader decided to be an actress. I tried to tell her she could be both, Renai, but she decided that was too complicated and no one would understand, and then she rolled her eyes. Right after I marvel at her little girlness, she decides to be a tween.

Runner is a Bible translating cowboy.

SuperDude is a gym coach, complete with eardrum shattering whistle.

Squishy is Batman.

I'm just a mom, but that's all I wanted to be when I grew up, anyway, so it works for me.

I want tamales.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We're on our way to co op.

Reader decided to be an actress. I tried to tell her she could be both, Renai, but she decided that was too complicated and no one would understand, and then she rolled her eyes. Right after I marvel at her little girlness, she decides to be a tween.

Runner is a Bible translating cowboy.

SuperDude is a gym coach, complete with eardrum shattering whistle.

Squishy is Batman.

I'm just a mom, but that's all I wanted to be when I grew up, anyway, so it works for me.

I want tamales.

That reminds me! I need to order tamales for Thanksgiving or Christmas or both.  I don't make them.  Just don't wanna.

• Like 2

I love how you guys are so supportive. I really need that.

so Morning! Today we are cleaning the windows which  has probably never been done cause we are pulling brown and black off! I’m not sure how to clean the outsides. Some windows have green stuff on them. I’m thinking white vinegar and Dawn dish soap.

Still need to clean bathrooms and vacuum a couple rooms. Laundry is going. ASD Boy is sick.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

That reminds me! I need to order tamales for Thanksgiving or Christmas or both.  I don't make them.  Just don't wanna.

See, my husband's aunt makes them, but she doesn't allow anyone near them to help, so I only somewhat know how to make them. That's okay. There's a great place down the street that makes the kind my dh eats (apparently, they're a bit different regionally), so I get those when we're not going to Albuquerque. Which is most of the time...(not going)...

• Like 4

Almost done with my NaNo words for the day. Cooking and chores are done. I have some printing to do, a little character work (will do that at the appointment because I hate not having something to do while waiting), and flash fiction to read and think about what I want to add and subtract. I like flash fiction, but it's super hard to do fantasy in 1000 words or less. Worldbuilding has to be so condensed and filtered through the main character's perceptions.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

After a double take, I reread and reread and yep, still the same words. Gah?! You're BREEDING cockroaches?! Shouldn't you be calling the exterminator?! Did I MISS something? 

• Haha 5