Menu

What's with the ads?

After classes this week, I'm off for Thanksgiving week so I can get the weeks through the end of the year done, plan school and get ahead of things again.

I did order Excellence  Essentials in Literature and a few books of Amazon to try for ds and eventually dd.  I hope they work. 

Eta:  whoops wrong name.

and BOOYA!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 8

After years of negotiation, we put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving and take them down the day after Christmas. I would put them up November 1 and take them down at New Year's, and Dave would wait until tue week before Christmas and take them down Christmas night*, lol. This is our compromise.

*He loves Christmas, but hates disruption. Christmas decorations are apparently disruption. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 9

So hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to order a curriculum that usually comes with dvd/video access but you found reviews on WTM that said that you really don't need the DVD/video access and your kid absolutely HATES DVD/video programs (odd since he's definitely visual) and it cost twice as much to get it with the DVD/video access, would you check off the little box that says you have access to the DVD/videos so you could order just the workbook?

Hypothetically speaking if I searched far and long enough, I probably could find someone with access that would show it to me.    

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

So hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to order a curriculum that usually comes with dvd/video access but you found reviews on WTM that said that you really don't need the DVD/video access and your kid absolutely HATES DVD/video programs (odd since he's definitely visual) and it cost twice as much to get it with the DVD/video access, would you check off the little box that says you have access to the DVD/videos so you could order just the workbook?

Hypothetically speaking if I searched far and long enough, I probably could find someone with access that would show it to me.    

Well sure!  You've got the entire ITT along with access to the vast ITT staff, so access should be no problem at all!  Bruce is usually available  to deliver various DVDs by stealth 'copter.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! My hands are so swollen today. They tingle and go numb, and they hurt when I try to use them. On the bright side, Dave's making breakfast 💞💞💞 so my only challenge is getting my coffee to my mouth without spilling it on my belly.

Not much planned for today. No house elves came to clean my bathrooms, so I've still got to do that, and we'll be going to church in awhile. If my hands behave themselves, I'll do some more freezer prep this afternoon. If not...well, I'm reading The Night Gardener by Jonathon Auxier (I think?) I could always just finish that. Or take a nap. 😁

Mine started doing this maybe 3 weeks before Youngest was born and I had to take off my wedding ring for the first time ever. The off and on again pain/numbness/tingles went away soon after delivery but the swelling didn't go down enough to put my wedding ring back on for over a month post partum.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

Good morning!  Coffee!  Blankie!  

I have bean soup on the stove and pork carnitas thawing to make quesadillas later.  Enjoying my warm coffee in dh's recliner.  Chatting (text) with our friend mama25angels.  All is well with her.  I am tempted to buy yet another book, recommended by a friend.  I'm already in the middle of reading three or four and have more waiting.  But I want this one!

Church, home, DC Christmas pictures, home, sportsball, read, Christmas movies.   Hopefully just relaxing.

Have a great Sunday, y'all!

• Like 9

I'm moving to Angi's house.  She's got it going on!

I'm putting together the grocery list, waiting for the boys to bring me their school books for scheduling, and drafting everything from my NaNoWriMo novel to a guide for surviving December and January.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

After years of negotiation, we put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving and take them down the day after Christmas. I would put them up November 1 and take them down at New Year's, and Dave would wait until tue week before Christmas and take them down Christmas night*, lol. This is our compromise.

*He loves Christmas, but hates disruption. Christmas decorations are apparently disruption. 🤷‍♀️

This is us too, except I'm Dave and dh is you.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I have bean soup on the stove and pork carnitas thawing to make quesadillas later.  Enjoying my warm coffee in dh's recliner.  Chatting (text) with our friend mama25angels.  All is well with her.  I am tempted to buy yet another book, recommended by a friend.  I'm already in the middle of reading three or four and have more waiting.  But I want this one!

Church, home, DC Christmas pictures, home, sportsball, read, Christmas movies.   Hopefully just relaxing.

You can't say this and not name the books.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Waving Wildly!  Tell her hello from the ITT!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

You can't say this and not name the books.

These are the ones I'm reading.  The list waiting is too long.

In His Steps by Sheldon (this is like the fourth time reading this)

Up From Slavery by Washington

The Orthodox Faith by Hopko

Give Your Child the World

The Gift of Christmas by Macomber

Skipping Christmas by Grisham (this is probably the fifteenth-ish to seventeenth-ish time)

And the one I want:

Born Again by Colson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

We put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it down before New Years.  We don't have a lot of space and the tree and decorations seriously disrupt everything so we can't keep them up long.  When the kids were little I really wanted to do the year round tree but there just wasn't room for it.

Yeah, we only have 659 sq ft of total apartment, lol! I have to make sure the tree is in a corner that is least in the way, since the tree stays up so long...

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! My hands are so swollen today. They tingle and go numb, and they hurt when I try to use them. On the bright side, Dave's making breakfast 💞💞💞 so my only challenge is getting my coffee to my mouth without spilling it on my belly.

Not much planned for today. No house elves came to clean my bathrooms, so I've still got to do that, and we'll be going to church in awhile. If my hands behave themselves, I'll do some more freezer prep this afternoon. If not...well, I'm reading The Night Gardener by Jonathon Auxier (I think?) I could always just finish that. Or take a nap. 😁

If you start feeling bad, make sure to go in and get checked.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Skipping Christmas by Grisham (this is probably the fifteenth-ish to seventeenth-ish time)

And the one I want:

Born Again by Colson

The only one I've read from that list is Up From Slavery. I keep wanting to read Skipping Christmas, but I need access...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

Yeah, we only have 659 sq ft of total apartment, lol! I have to make sure the tree is in a corner that is least in the way, since the tree stays up so long...

The only one I've read from that list is Up From Slavery. I keep wanting to read Skipping Christmas, but I need access...

I have the hardcover.  I think I have seen it in libraries, too.

• Like 3

Just now, myblessings4 said:

I have the hardcover.  I think I have seen it in libraries, too.

Library access would require me to find the really overdue books, or pay for them...😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

And the one I want:

Born Again by Colson

Up from Slavery was one of the best books I read this year.  That book is just beautiful. 

I  read skipping Christmas several years ago. And then found Christmas with the Kranks in Amazon Prime. I had no idea it was based on the book. Funny movie. I love Tim Allen.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Renai said:

Library access would require me to find the really overdue books, or pay for them...😁

I have a really really overdue book.😩😩😩😩😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Renai said:

Is there a grace day? Like canned food or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renai said:

I will, but I think it's like what Servant was talking about earlier. Just normal pregnant carpal tunnel. I'm resting and being watchful, though. 

• Like 6

Back from Church. Nursery was less crazy this week than last. Quite a few were out due to illness. I'm losing 4 or 5 kids who show up to the new Spanish congregation next week. That leaves me with 15. 6 will move up in January, including Captain. SNIFF!! So that will leave 9 starting out. Probably by the end of next year what with new kids coming in, I will have close to 15 again. Did I mention this is a young congregation? 

Quiet time now with Captain napping, the boys and Scotsman are watching the live action Lion King. The Girl painted a rock and is now on her tablet. I want a nap but we all know that isn't a good idea. 

I'm thinking I made a mistake in our BJU order but oh well. I lost our bjuonline login. Guess I better go figure out how to get into it.

Dinner is Shephard's pie, if I get to it or maybe sloppy joes. Dessert is pumpkin pie.

Edited by Paradox5
Adjusting my Numbers and fixing spelling
  • Like 6

Church was really great today. Very emotional. There is a Teen Challenge facility in our town (Teen Challenge was started by David Wilkerson, “The Cross and the Switchblade” guy for recovery for drug addicts and gang members) and once a year they do our church service. It is so amazing to hear their testimonies and see the hope and joy in their lives. There was over 100 guys in the choir singing, too. We had a combined worship service and lunch after. It was very good.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I will, but I think it's like what Servant was talking about earlier. Just normal pregnant carpal tunnel. I'm resting and being watchful, though. 

Most likely. I always mentioned everything, including this, at my checkups which were weekly at that stage. My Dr said it was normal for some but to call if anything changed or worsened. If anything related to that was wrong, they said it would've been caught in the boat load of labwork.

• Like 2

Did the grocery getting, washed some dishes (not all, but most of them), swept & mopped, started dinner early, and balanced the checkbook.... What am I forgetting? Ah, yes. Need to fold the laundry. I keep forgetting that along with everything else lately.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I have spent the day being sick and not moving.

Oh no! Whatcha got? I remember your throat being sore. Did you ever go to the Dr?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have spent the day being sick and not moving.

Oh, I’m sorry, Slashie! Where are the bunny slippers??

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh no! Whatcha got? I remember your throat being sore. Did you ever go to the Dr?

I don't go to the doctor unless I think I could die. I don't know if it's a virus or...? I'm almost done.

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh, I’m sorry, Slashie! Where are the bunny slippers??

I said I wasn't moving. No sippers.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I don't go to the doctor unless I think I could die. I don't know if it's a virus or...? I'm almost done.

But you could still wear them. They have magical healing properties.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Happy Sunday!

And welcome, Violet!  (I'm a little late to the conversation but I think there was so much excitement over your glue question that --gasp!---you never got a proper welcome. So, hi!)

Points for lots of exclamation marks! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Slache said:

Jeeves! I think I'm gonna break my own rule and bring Slachie her slippers! 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Drafting today. My neck hurts again. I think I'm going to have to break down and just go get a massage to fix this muscle tension. Writing as much as I do right now is probably leading to tightness and strain.  I need to work on my posture and go walking more during the day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

But you could still wear them. They have magical healing properties.

There's something about you and slippers. Makes me wonder how many pairs you own. 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't quite get the logic in not going to the Dr. You've been sick long enough and it's clearly not going away on it's own. Servie says: Call the Dr tomorrow and set up an appointment. If you are better before that appointment, you can always call and cancel it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't quite get the logic in not going to the Dr. You've been sick long enough and it's clearly not going away on it's own. Servie says: Call the Dr tomorrow and set up an appointment. If you are better before that appointment, you can always call and cancel it.

I have no insurance and no money. Most of my life I have had no insurance and no money. I remove my own ingrown toenails, treat my own flus and don't bother with testing for things like the flu or strep throat because they always go away. The only times I've ever gone to the doctor are when I have a urinary tract infection or when I'm pregnant and I only get pregnant when I'm insured.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Back from Church. Nursery was less crazy this week than last. Quite a few were out due to illness. I'm losing 4 or 5 kids who show up to the new Spanish congregation next week. That leaves me with 15. 6 will move up in January, including Captain. SNIFF!! So that will leave 9 starting out. Probably by the end of next year what with new kids coming in, I will have close to 15 again. Did I mention this is a young congregation? 

Quiet time now with Captain napping, the boys and Scotsman are watching the live action Lion King. The Girl painted a rock and is now on her tablet. I want a nap but we all know that isn't a good idea. 

I'm thinking I made a mistake in our BJU order but oh well. I lost our bjuonline login. Guess I better go figure out how to get into it.

Dinner is Shephard's pie, if I get to it or maybe sloppy joes. Dessert is pumpkin pie.

I think we had six kids today in nursery and that feels like a large group.

I'm still hanging out there with the youngest kernel cause he isn't ready to stay alone. He's made progress though, he even ran across the room to retrieve a ball. Usually he doesn't go more than two feet from me.

People without high anxiety kids don't understand; I watched a brand new 18 month old come in today and go straight to the toys without a single glance back at her dad.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Drafting today. My neck hurts again. I think I'm going to have to break down and just go get a massage to fix this muscle tension. Writing as much as I do right now is probably leading to tightness and strain.  I need to work on my posture and go walking more during the day.

If I sat down that long and wrote that many words, I'd never be able to get back up without help. My whole body would likely lock into that position 😂

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, maize said:

I think we had six kids today in nursery and that feels like a large group.

I'm still hanging out there with the youngest kernel cause he isn't ready to stay alone. He's made progress though, he even ran across the room to retrieve a ball. Usually he doesn't go more than two feet from me.

People without high anxiety kids don't understand; I watched a brand new 18 month old come in today and go straight to the toys without a single glance back at her dad.

You're right.  They don't get it.  

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 5