Menu

What's with the ads?

1 hour ago, Slache said:

18 minutes ago, Violet Crown said:

Never posted to the Ignore Thread before. But where, I asked meself, shall I post this question? It's too trivial for its own thread. I know...

So I have a badge, patch, you know the thing one sews and/or irons onto jackets. Wee Girl wants it, reasonably enough, on her cello case, which is carbon fiber. What's the best way to affix it? Which adhesive am I looking for? Tell me. 

3M Super 77 Spray adhesive. You can find it at Walmart or a craft store like JoAnn Fabric or Michael's. If you spray it on the back of the patch and apply while wet, it's supposed to adhere permanently to most stuff, but if you let the spray dry (it'll still be sticky) it can be removed and readjusted like a sticker.

Edited by Servant4Christ
It's a crafty Booya(h)!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I had to go to the AFSA today and it was like it was the week of Christmas it was so bad.   What's going on??  I avoid the stores closer to Christmas, it will really suck if I have to avoid it for 6 weeks ahead of time.

Everyone's buying stuff for Thanksgiving?

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Please help me here. What exactly does 1K mean? I know it's a size reference because I used to see it every time I downloaded a book to read. But how much does it reference? X amount of words? Y number of paragraphs? Z number of pages?

Well, for me it stands for 1,000 words. Sorry. Writer jargon.

• Thanks 1

I think I have done all the things.  The last load of laundry is in the washer (wanted to wait for clothes people had on), the rest have been folded and mine put away.  Kitty litter scooped, supper cleaned up and leftovers put away.   Beans are soaking for bean soup tomorrow, salad has been made.  All of my new freezer containers have been washed and are drying.  Is that it?

Time to start my annual reading of Skipping Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are we serious about super glue? Because I feel that could work. Or hot glue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I had to go to the AFSA today and it was like it was the week of Christmas it was so bad.   What's going on??  I avoid the stores closer to Christmas, it will really suck if I have to avoid it for 6 weeks ahead of time.

It's been like that everywhere around here the last two weekends.  I keep asking cashiers what is going on.  They're assuming holidays.  I do forget sometimes to avoid shopping on military payday weekends, but this has been even worse than that.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Violet Crown said:

Ha! My go-to adhesive, too. Wee Girl says Nix. I think she should sew it on. I mean it's carbon fiber, right?

If I remember correctly carbon fiber is that stiff fake fabric right? Though it probably can be sewn, I wouldn't because that type of fabric damages and leaves holes where the needle has been so removing it later would leave holes/damage in it's place. With the spray, you can let it dry before applying and still get a strong hold that is removable later without any permanent damage at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Hi! I missed a few pages, it seems. Was there anything important or ITT-shattering I should go back and read? No Theodore yet, Bookie? Or is it going to be Zach?

Let's see, yesterday Quiet Boy and I went and helped a friend clear out a bedroom for some guests plus a bit of clutter and a LOT of empty plastic water bottles. Her son is 16 and let's just say not nice/helpful at. all.! so having Quiet Boy there to do the heavy lifting was a blessing. I also ordered Quiet Boy his BJU dlo 8 and The Girl asked for science. So that is done. My free books post has just one item left I need someone to take-- the WriteShop Jr. E stuff.

Today was shopping at Costco. Captain decided he could take himself off to the Christmas trees alone! Yeah, chasing him down was fun. He has been dry today, though, even through nap time so that's going well. Bought our turkey for $0.99/lb. I'm going to debone it. I saw a video of how on the allrecipes app by Chef John. Truely fascinating. A new HEB opened down the street so Scotsman, ASD Boy, and I decided to go check it out. That place was packed! I've never been an HEB fan just cause of the layout, limited selection, and noise but this was unreal! Where did all these people shop before it opened??

I have a pumpkin pie baking for tomorrow and I'm beat now. I still need to clean bathrooms and sweep the kitchen floor. That may get put off until tomorrow after Church.

I like my potaoes as baby ones roasted in the oven covered in olive oil , salt and rosemary. Yum! None of mine will eat sweet potatoes anymore. Are sweet potatoes and yams the same thing?

Shall we call it a pumpkin pie and potato BOOYA?

I do feel like we have the best HEB stores here in town.  The ones I have been to out of town weren't my favorites.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

3M Super 77 Spray adhesive. You can find it at Walmart or a craft store like JoAnn Fabric or Michael's. If you spray it on the back of the patch and apply while wet, it's supposed to adhere permanently to most stuff, but if you let the spray dry (it'll still be sticky) it can be removed and readjusted like a sticker.

Perfect. It's Priming my way at this moment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

If I remember correctly carbon fiber is that stiff fake fabric right? 

No it's essentially fiberglass but much sturdier. It makes the cello case light enough to carry, flexible enough to absorb shocks, and strong enough to survive middle schoolers.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

No

16 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Well, for me it stands for 1,000 words. Sorry. Writer jargon.

Thank you. Bookie stepped in and answered really quick on that one for me. Lol

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Violet Crown said:

Perfect. It's Priming my way at this moment.

Please feel free to return if any other needs arise. Thank you, and have a good day.

-management

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Violet Crown said:

No it's essentially fiberglass but much sturdier. It makes the cello case light enough to carry, flexible enough to absorb shocks, and strong enough to survive middle schoolers.

That's what I originally thought, but then I second guessed myself and wasn't sure if it was that soft case kind. The spray will work well on either. Good luck. Please let us know how it works out. Oh, and make sure to spray in a well ventilated area with something you don't mind tossing underneath the patch! That stuff sticks well and doesn't wear off EVER!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Violet Crown said:

I remember walking to and from school each day and envying the kids who had this type of case. Mine was wood and HEAVY.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh, and make sure to spray in a well ventilated area with something you don't mind tossing underneath the patch! 

For things like this I usually use my dead lawn.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I remember walking to and from school each day and envying the kids who had this type of case. Mine was wood and HEAVY.

Wood! I'd've switched her to violin. No I got a sweet deal on a pre-owned Bobelock, made in the Phillippines, much nicer than the Bam cases which are plastic for the same price new. There was a significant scratch but Wee Girl added her own promptly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Anyone get Disney+?  Everyone is talking about it like it's the most amazing thing ever.  I'm not sure I get it.  I like the Marvel movies.  We like the Disney movies.  But I still don't see why this was such a big deal everyone had to take off work and school and from life to sit and watch it. 

I also hate how you go to the website and they give very little information about what's included.  Not even with the hulu/ESPN package.  What is included??

Nope, don't have it. But, Disney was paying people $1000 to watch 30 movies in 30 days on their channel (had to apply for the job and review), so maybe so many rave reviews are coming from them.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

So if a family was going to be in Albuquerque in the early afternoon on Sunday, May 17, where would be a good place for that family (and possibly others) to hang out for an hour?

With us at Chinese school?

36 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We made a fire in the firepit this evening and kids made s'mores.

Dh turned half of our old charcoal grill into a firepit and he and Gymnast gathered wood from the river and started a fire. It was nice. They threw a couple of gigantic marshmallows in the fire and watched them convert into lava pillows, like the ones you see underwater. It was cool.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Violet Crown said:

Never posted to the Ignore Thread before. But where, I asked meself, shall I post this question? It's too trivial for its own thread. I know...

So I have a badge, patch, you know the thing one sews and/or irons onto jackets. Wee Girl wants it, reasonably enough, on her cello case, which is carbon fiber. What's the best way to affix it? Which adhesive am I looking for? Tell me. 

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I was going to suggest hot glue gun.  I guess if the spray doesn't work, that could be the second string attempt.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

It's been like that everywhere around here the last two weekends.  I keep asking cashiers what is going on.  They're assuming holidays.  I do forget sometimes to avoid shopping on military payday weekends, but this has been even worse than that.

It seems early for holiday shopping and I don't think it's been like this in years past.  We're nowhere near a military base, although now that you mention it, yesterday was the 15th and a lot of places around here pay twice a month on the 15th and last day.  Could be that and I've just been lucky enough to not hit it in the past?   Or at least not hit it on a Saturday.  Which is possible, I tend to avoid stores on the weekend if I can at all help it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Everyone's buying stuff for Thanksgiving?

No they aren’t. Because there’s nothing for Thanksgiving there. Except turkeys. Seriously.... i’m Glad I got my autumn napkins and pie plates and such a while ago. Not one bit of Thanksgiving decor or merchandise to be had. 

• Sad 2

What I do get is this..... aren’t people sick of Christmas decorations by the time Christmas finally gets here if they put it up November 1? I’m tired of my Christmas decor by Christmas and I usually wait till the day after Thanksgiving. And by then I am also sick of Christmas music. But not peppermint mocha creamer. I bought some today at the Afsa. Sugar free. Yay!! My life is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

We made a fire in the firepit this evening and kids made s'mores.

And you didn’t invite us??

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Dh turned half of our old charcoal grill into a firepit and he and Gymnast gathered wood from the river and started a fire. It was nice. They threw a couple of gigantic marshmallows in the fire and watched them convert into lava pillows, like the ones you see underwater. It was cool.

That would have been cool to video and share.

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

What I do get is this..... aren’t people sick of Christmas decorations by the time Christmas finally gets here if they put it up November 1? I’m tired of my Christmas decor by Christmas and I usually wait till the day after Thanksgiving. And by then I am also sick of Christmas music. But not peppermint mocha creamer. I bought some today at the Afsa. Sugar free. Yay!! My life is complete.

We wait until 1 Dec and take it down the day after. 

• Like 3

We put Christmas stuff up right after Thanksgiving and take it  down before Lent. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

The Christmas decorations go up when I get tired of the kids pestering me about them and they come back down when dh gets tired of me pestering him about them.

Edited by Junie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Isn’t Lent in April?

One year my mom kept the tree up all year. She decorated it for each month. It was cool. 

• Like 2

The only Christmas decorations I enjoy are Christmas lights and a Christmas tree, and I would not mind having either up all year long.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What time is Chinese school over?

3 if we don't stay for extracurricular; 4 if we stay.

23 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

And you didn’t invite us??

That would have been cool to video and share.

We wait until 1 Dec and take it down the day after. 

I considered recording it, but my phone was dying... we plan to do it again tomorrow. I was cozy in a very warm poncho and gloves, and my small old dog cuddled on my lap under the poncho with me.

We put up decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving. They stay up until at least Three Kings Day, but lately Gymnast likes them up for her birthday which is 2 days after that. We have small windows, so we really don't get tired of the lights because otherwise, our apartment is dark. We've kept up the tree through February before, because we were all too lazy to take it down!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

When does it start?

1:30.

Actually, I don't know if Chinese school will still be going on in May, lol! 😂 But, we can still drive down to see you and I' can figure out what's going on at whatever time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My brand new super schmancy bancy (banana fana fo fancy) debit card has a tap to pay feature. I'm moving up in the world. I feel like I need an iPhone or something to go with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I meant to go back and reread how Susan lost a ton of weight but instead I'm eating ice cream. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

It’s probably not the best move to fall down the stairs when you can barely move to begin with. (I am not complaining here. It was inly a couple of steps and I landed on carpeting. ). What really affected me was doing  my 5k walk. It’s not really sustainable when I end up stuck in my armchair for five plus hours afterwards. Not really complaining again- more wondering aloud what steps I might take to improve on this. I am stubborn enough not to give up my 5ks on Saturday and driven enough to want to be functional afterwards.

Just took Aleve. I am hoping this takes the edge off my extreme achiness enough to get some sleep.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Morning. Yawn. Stretch. Mmhm. Brrr. Will leave warm bed for hot coffee. Must get up. Need to make the breakfast. Whoops! Eyes have to open before taking stairs or things get interesting.

• Like 4

Coffee.  See the family off to church in a bit and then it's day 3 of our 3 day swimmeet.  Fun!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Yay for Swim Meet!  Swim ITT Kids, Swim!

Ice cream and insomnia and falls, Oh my!  We are struggling here, folks!

(((Jean)))  

So Slache, I still eat ice cream, but it's one of those protein, low/no sugar, under 300 calorie pints, and it serves as one of my meals for the day.  Easy peasy.  No guilt.

Church this morning. Dd16, ds15, and dh are playing/singing in the services.  Someone has to leave during SS to pick up dd13 from her scout overnight thing.  Ds15 has orchestra rehearsal this afternoon and dh is going to work with ds24 to try to get the heat working in his car.  

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Warm bed. Coffee. Drive to rosary & Sunday school. Home. Coffee. Bible. Lesson planning. Coffee. Drive back for mass. Coffee. Make dinner. Warm bed.

ETA: Working up the will power to move past #1 ... any minute....

Edited by Violet Crown
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Morning.  I poured syrup in my tea this morning instead of honey.   I hope that's not a sign of how this day is going to go. Dh was making pancakes while I was making my tea.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it down before New Years.  We don't have a lot of space and the tree and decorations seriously disrupt everything so we can't keep them up long.  When the kids were little I really wanted to do the year round tree but there just wasn't room for it.

• Like 4

Today I need to run to the science center to clean my desk and do a couple other chores, run to BJs, more laundry, some cleaning.

MIL is probably coming next weekend to spend Thanksgiving with us. Dh will go down and get her next weekend, then bring her back home the weekend after.  So I'll have to have the whole house cleaned up before she gets here.

• Like 4

I ended up ordering a good sturdy dolly with big rubber wheels to use transporting all my stuff to the science center.  The one I have isn't in good shape and I just couldn't find another bag that I liked.  This way I can keep using the backpack I like.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! My hands are so swollen today. They tingle and go numb, and they hurt when I try to use them. On the bright side, Dave's making breakfast 💞💞💞 so my only challenge is getting my coffee to my mouth without spilling it on my belly.

Not much planned for today. No house elves came to clean my bathrooms, so I've still got to do that, and we'll be going to church in awhile. If my hands behave themselves, I'll do some more freezer prep this afternoon. If not...well, I'm reading The Night Gardener by Jonathon Auxier (I think?) I could always just finish that. Or take a nap. 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1