Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning!  I'm up, enjoying the quiet, reading and getting ready to have coffee.  

Today I need to finish up ds33's room and clean out the pantry.  Hopefully.  We also have lots of laundry and cleaning to do, but won't get to all of it.

I'm debating us going out for supper.

BOOYA!!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 5

Am I the only one that feels the absolute need now to actually give a reason every time I edit one of my posts? I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself because I have to edit grammar, spelling, autocorrect errors, and simple wordage to make my thoughts clearer on nearly EVERYTHING I post! On the flip side, it does make me think more carefully as I type and pay better attention before I hit the reply button.

Edited by Servant4Christ
grammar again!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Am I the only one that feels the absolute need now to actually give a reason every time I edit one of my posts? I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself because I have to edit grammar, spelling, autocorrect errors, and simple wordage to make my thoughts clearer on nearly EVERYTHING I post! On the flip side, it does make me think more carefully as I type and pay better attention before I hit the reply button.

It used to not have the edited thing on it. Those were good days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I guess it COULD be an accountability tool for some, but it is just plain annoying that I've allowed a single post out there to make me second guess my own motives every time I edit a post.

• Haha 2

As I stated, I am making mac n cheese today. Should I make it stovetop style or baked? This is my morning conundrum. I'll drink another cup of coffee while mulling this over. Decisions, decisions. 

• Like 1

Good morning!

I slept LATE after waking at 4am. AGAIN. :dry:  What is it about 4am that my brain finds so exciting?!?

My fitbit now says that my cardio level is excellent.  For someone my age.  :laugh:  I think my birthday must have given my fitness level a bit of a boost!

I need to go to publix and find large turkeys.  Then Aldi.  Then Hobby Lobby. Then home for birthday cake. Then the girls need to be taken here and there and everywhere.  I need to make hotel reservations and check flight prices, though I think this isn't the right day of the week to be checking.  We also need to find a heavy duty indoor space heater because the one at the in-laws' stopped working and we'll need to bring them one at Christmas.

Gotta get moving!

Coffee!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I just ignore the reason for edit.  If I find an error in my post, I edit it (or not), but I rarely state the reason.

ETA: If I am out in The Sea I will sometimes post a reason for my edit.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

My cousin is having a Pampered Chef party and my garlic press broke, so I ordered a new one.  And I set up a Christmas picture appointment for DC tomorrow.  Usually I take them, but a lady from our church is a photographer and reasonably priced, so she is doing them this year.  We're going to take them at one of the local church's Nativity walk area.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I submitted 6 more arrangements, all Christmas music.  Might be too late for this year's purchasing, but at least they're up for next year.  And last minute "I'm sure we can sight-read this" purchases.

Where do you submit them to?

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

not much going on today. We’re having our Sunday School class over tomorrow evening for soup, so I gotta cook the chickies and make the broth today. Housework and stuff, I suppose. Costco didn’t have frozen turkeys yesterday. I couldn’t believe it. They had a few fresh ones, but they were only half the size that I needed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

2 hours ago, Slache said:

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I guess it COULD be an accountability tool for some, but it is just plain annoying that I've allowed a single post out there to make me second guess my own motives every time I edit a post.

You could definitely use it to make snide and smart alek remarks. I’ve done that before.

Oh my goodness, remember a long time ago when we had that man on ITT who .... what did he do.., cut-and-pasted something so it looked like people were editing other people’s posts. Or something like that.  It was hilarious. The first time he did that everyone was like, “Whaaaattt?” Ok, never mind. I just thought of that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So far I've made breakfast, helped everyone get ready, and changed sheets. Dishes and dirty bathrooms await! Also grocery shopping and some more meal prep.

Dave got a (cheap but effective for a starter) mandolin on some kind of daily deal musician's website. He's had it two weeks and has figured out Dueling Banjos. Which means he can play Dueling Banjos on three different stringed instruments, but not on a banjo. 🤔🤣🥰 I love hearing him play. It's like my own personal soundtrack when he's home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I can't figure out the deal with potatoes.  I see them on lists of "super-foods", but then others say they're empty carbs and to avoid them.  Which is it?

I use them very very sparingly.  But dh and I are both diabetic.  I usually substitute yams for potatoes if possible.  But right now I am a bit sick of yams! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I can't figure out the deal with potatoes.  I see them on lists of "super-foods", but then others say they're empty carbs and to avoid them.  Which is it?

I think it depends on circumstances, although they are just a starch.  For me, they make blood sugar go too high.   Even with the peel, or broccoli, or chili.  So, although I could love off bread, corn, and potatoes, I can't eat them.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I think it depends on circumstances, although they are just a starch.  For me, they make blood sugar go too high.   Even with the peel, or broccoli, or chili.  So, although I could love off bread, corn, and potatoes, I can't eat them.

Not that I won't eat a couple of bites.  Same for sweet potatoes.

• Like 2

I actually prefer yams/sweet potatoes, especially with butter and cinnamon.  But dh is a white potato fan.

Today is laundry, laundry, laundry and more laundry.   And cleaning.  A few class set-ups, some computer work, planning a 4-H meeting.  Oh yeah, and laundry.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, maize said:

Ds9 wrote an essay about snakes:

IMG_20191116_085751237.jpg

That's amazing! If I could get Oldest (DS8) to write even 2 of those sentences without throwing a fit, it would make me the happiest mom on the planet.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I use them very very sparingly.  But dh and I are both diabetic.  I usually substitute yams for potatoes if possible.  But right now I am a bit sick of yams! 

This is good reason to learn how to make "good" quinoa.... not drowned in ketchup 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

That's amazing! If I could get Oldest (DS8) to write even 2 of those sentences without throwing a fit, it would make me the happiest mom on the planet.

So far my sixteen and nine year olds are my "easy to educate" kids--that is, they pick up a ton on their own. That essay--I offered an incentive for any child who would write a five paragraph essay by this weekend on a topic of their choice. He hadn't done one before but I gave him a basic explanation and he went off to do it.

I've yet to get one from my fourteen year old.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm over winter now. How long til spring?

You can come live and in my town. Winter hasn’t even started yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You can come live and in my town. Winter hasn’t even started yet.

I'm seriously considering having the family go outside and build a snowman just so I can get good candid pics of the children for our Christmas card. The only thing holding me back is I don't want my face to flash freeze. It's THAT cold. AND windy. Brrr

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quinoa is just as bad, carb-wise.  Not a truly good sub for vegetable starches if blood sugar is an issue.   Not to mention awful-to-me texture and taste.

Our oldest would have put ketchup on just for the sake of tasting ketchup, not because of dislike of the food itself.  Our ketchup purchases went way down when he grew up.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I finished ds33's room.  And our bedding is in the dryer.  I took all the old food and leftovers out of the fridge and ran the dishwasher.  I think it might be time for lunch.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Quinoa is just as bad, carb-wise.  Not a truly good sub for vegetable starches.   Not to mention awful-to-me texture and taste.

Our oldest would have put ketchup on just for the sake of tasting ketchup, not because of dislike of the food itself.  Our ketchup purchases went way down when he grew up.

Our most child consumed condiment is ranch dressing. Oldest will drown every item on his plate in ranch. However, every item on his plate MUST be drowned in ranch separately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You could definitely use it to make snide and smart alek remarks. I’ve done that before.

Oh my goodness, remember a long time ago when we had that man on ITT who .... what did he do.., cut-and-pasted something so it looked like people were editing other people’s posts. Or something like that.  It was hilarious. The first time he did that everyone was like, “Whaaaattt?” Ok, never mind. I just thought of that. 

Mark. He left after someone, ahem, confronted him about a series of lies he had told.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Mark. He left after someone, ahem, confronted him about a series of lies he had told.

Ah yes. I remember that, too.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 9:47 AM, Slache said:

I got my creamer.

Powder, or liquid?

On 11/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, Servant4Christ said:

Creamer is best with sugar.

If it's actual cream, even half-n-half, beat in sugar (not so it's thick), and add strawberries. Fresas con crema!

6 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yes. But, maybe I am just too old to care, lol. Most of the time, I leave it blank. I do edit for BOOYAs, however.

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Have you ever had purple sweet potatoes? They were in our co-op bag the past two weeks. For a family that rarely eats sweet potatoes, we're kinda getting tired too. It tasted good with the chicken and beets I made last night, though.

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Same. 

1 hour ago, Slache said:

What series of lies? I think I had taken a hiatus at the time, and when I came back, he was gone. I thought about asking what happened to him, but then didn't.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Renai said:

What series of lies? I think I had taken a hiatus at the time, and when I came back, he was gone. I thought about asking what happened to him, but then didn't.

He claimed an IQ, home ownership, children, important government position... the whole 9 yards. He lied through his teeth about everything and used those lies to talk down to anyone who disagreed with him. I had a series of nasty PMs from him where he called me ignorant white trash and told me everyone in ITT could see how stupid I really was. He was a wretched human being.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I guess telling one ITT member that the rest of ITT is talking badly about you behind your back is not the way to go.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

He claimed an IQ, home ownership, children, important government position... the whole 9 yards. He lied through his teeth about everything and used those lies to talk down to anyone who disagreed with him. I had a series of nasty PMs from him where he called me ignorant white trash and told me everyone in ITT could see how stupid I really was. He was a wretched human being.

Yeah, that was not a good thing. 

• Like 4

I am so lazy today. I did clean the bathroom. And I’m doing laundry. But i’m Also watching Christmas movies on Amazon Prime. I blame Angi for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I guess telling one ITT member that the rest of ITT is talking badly about you behind your back is not the way to go.

Some people just don’t understand the fierce loyalty of the ITT!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, that was not a good thing. 

That's sad. I don't share some things about myself because they're private and this is a very public forum. But I can't fathom lying about who or what I am. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maize said:

Where do you submit them to?

Sheet Music Plus.

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Susan, did you get your mandolin for your birthday?

Yep!  It's a nice one for a beginner.  I was just now learning The First Noel.  Some aspects are easy, because I know all the notes and stuff, but other parts will take practice, like getting my fingers right behind the frets, and chords, and using a pick.  And TUNING!! Oh my word, tuning this thing is a major pain in the patootie!  Half the pegs are backwards!  I'd rather tune a harp!

YouTube is very helpful, though I might consider getting some lessons this summer.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Sheet Music Plus.

Yep!  It's a nice one for a beginner.  I was just now learning The First Noel.  Some aspects are easy, because I know all the notes and stuff, but other parts will take practice, like getting my fingers right behind the frets, and chords, and using a pick.  And TUNING!! Oh my word, tuning this thing is a major pain in the patootie!  Half the pegs are backwards!  I'd rather tune a harp!

YouTube is very helpful, though I might consider getting some lessons this summer.  

I don't know a lot about them, but everyone I know who plays ANY stringed instrument say they prefer the digital tuners that clip on for ease and accuracy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Renai said:

And, how did you find him out, Slash?

I reverse image searched his profile picture which lead me his Facebook. Here he said was a high ranking government official who owned his own home and had a wife and daughter who he homeschooled, on Facebook he was unemployed and lived in his dad's house with his girlfriend and her kids that went to a private school that his dad paid for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Some people just don’t understand the fierce loyalty of the ITT!

I don't think many understand the ITT, in general. It requires extensive research and education. And even then, the apprenticeship stage and pop quizzes are intimidating.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I reverse image searched his profile picture which lead me his Facebook. Here he said was a high ranking government official who owned his own home and had a wife and daughter who he homeschooled, on Facebook he was unemployed and lived in his dad's house with his girlfriend and her kids that went to a private school that his dad paid for.

Gah! Don't anger the Slacher! She'll hunt you down! 🤣

• Thanks 4