• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

I planted some plants and cleaned off the back patio. DH and I tried to go to Home Depot, but it was a nightmare and the line was long and I’m just like, “I don’t think so!” So, we went to Ace Hardware. They didn’t have miniature roses, but they had everything else. And there was no line. Ha!

• Like 2

Feeling very depressed right now. This baby is never going to come. Labor will suck. We will be stuck home forever and when the new normal gets here it’s going to be crappy. There is just nothing to look forward to. And I have eaten all the cookies. Insert screenshot of Eeyore here. 

• Sad 8
2 hours ago, Slache said:

It's the way you stand.

I'm pretty sure I'm standing the same way since the position of the scale pretty much requires it.   But I would LOVE to know a way I can stand and weigh less.  That is the dream.

• Like 3
Just now, Where's Toto? said:

I'm pretty sure I'm standing the same way since the position of the scale pretty much requires it.   But I would LOVE to know a way I can stand and weigh less.  That is the dream.

The art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing?

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I tried to do an Amazon return because I accidentally ordered a wrong book. They refunded me inside of an hour and they don't even want the book back. Huh? Now I have to figure out what to do with the book. Donate it to the local library?

I've got almost all of the books I wanted for the first year/textbook now and after using up our reward points and such, have only spent about $30 (on 15 books and a set of fraction circles for math.) I think there are only 3 more left to buy on my list. Yay!

What book is it?

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Feeling very depressed right now. This baby is never going to come. Labor will suck. We will be stuck home forever and when the new normal gets here it’s going to be crappy. There is just nothing to look forward to. And I have eaten all the cookies. Insert screenshot of Eeyore here. 

It will all be over soon. The new normal won't last. All will be right eventually. I promise.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

It's a leaning thing. It took me forever to figure that out. You need to do it at the same time. Here's how I do it:

1. I drink the end of my water bottle so I've had the same amount of water each night.

2. I DON'T pee. Yes, peeing makes you weigh less, but you will pee a different amount based on when you drank your water. Pee before bed, not when you weigh.

3. Immediately after I wake up for posture consistency.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's depressing the first few times because you weigh 3 or 4 pounds more with the water, but your weight is waaaaaay more consistent.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Awww, Spuds. I’m sorry you’re feeling blue. I’ll send my Baby over to make you some cookies. She has some good recipes.... my favorite is carrots cake cookies with cream cheese frosting filling.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I don’t want to make dinner.

But I did. Taco bar. It was easy. Dishwasher is running. I need to start my book now.

points for quoting myself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh would like us to participate in "Taps Across America" as a family, so he's arranging Taps for saxophone, flute, 3 violins, viola, cello, and double bass. 😄

That sounds awesome!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

Just heard ds24 leave for church.  We have big screen church again this morning.  I didn't make much progress with the camping stuff yesterday, but hopefully will do better today. It's going to require a good amount of

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Not much going on here today.

Online church/iglesia.

I have to find the fancy paper so that I can print dd17's diploma.

Still a headache.

The house is a mess.

And I need to find the keyboarding book.

Oh, and the summer/winter clothes swap needs to happen, probably tomorrow.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

(((Spudz)))  Remember the wonderful smell of baby?  It won't be long now, I promise!

Lol, tempted to quote Frodo on Mount Doom but that would probably be a bit melodramatic even for me...

• Like 3

Did I mention the forecast is now for 110 degrees on Thursday??☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥🔥😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

oh great.... I got a Booya/h for that???

Booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Sad 5

Ugh. Don't remind me summer is coming. I'm already contemplating taking the dog clippers to my head.

Morning. Camp Writing finished up last night. I was up past eleven getting stuff put in spreadsheets so I just have to check this morning before reporting that I'm all done.  It's supposed to rain all week here. Lots of thunder and rain.

• Like 5

Morning.   We're having a Memorial Day bbq today instead of tomorrow.  Not sure why, dh made the plan.  Maybe weather?  I don't care enough to ask.   We're having burgers and crab legs with my mom and maybe oldest dd coming over.   As far as I know right now, dd and I are meeting to work out today.  Holiday weekend makes it weird even without anyone working.   

I'm going to have to figure out what to do about our workouts once we start going to the lake.   If it's raining, it won't matter we'll just go to the science center like we do now.   Workout at the lake may work somewhat but it would be some very repetitive lap walking.  Our stretch of beach is about 50-60 feet.  Dh suggested walking around the lake but we would be out of sight of the kids and there are no lifeguards during the week so I'm not comfortable with that.    We could kayak and stay where we can see the kids on the beach.  Can do about 100 feet back and forth doing that.     We could do a mix or change our time to earlier in the day.  I would prefer working out earlier but I don't know if dd is up for that.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Spudater said:

Lol, tempted to quote Frodo on Mount Doom but that would probably be a bit melodramatic even for me...

I just watched it last night!  "No, Sam, I can't recall the taste of food, nor the sound of water, nor the touch of grass."  😢🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I just watched it last night!  "No, Sam, I can't recall the taste of food, nor the sound of water, nor the touch of grass."  😢🤣

That’s one of my favorite scenes. I ❤️ Sam!

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

.....an hour later...  is everyone else trying to breathe too?  😳😜

They're helping me.

• Haha 3
44 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I waddled around the block and mixed up some pizza dough. 

All right, Tater Tot. This is your auntie, KrissiK, here. The fun and games are over. It’s time you show up and start making something of yourself!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

.....an hour later...  is everyone else trying to breathe too?  😳😜

I was finishing up with the camping stuff and researching ultralight backpacking hacks and putting pizzas in the oven.  I think I have found acceptable storage for All The Things.  Some bins have been re-labeled.  Sleeping bags aren't hung up yet, but that's Somebody Else's job.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We went for a walk. Along a path where painted rocks have become The Thing. People paint rocks and leave them next to the path. Our favorites were the ones painted like dragons hatching out of eggs. Oh, and the little collection of rocks painted like different candy bars--some in their wrappers, some unwrapped and partly eaten 🙂

• Like 6

I finished the book. What a disappointment. It started out really good, then the middle part I skimmed through because it got raunchier and raunchier and finally the end was depressing and predictable and the awful story about a bunch of people who make a lot of wrong choices and I was so glad the book ended and put me out of my misery because there was no hope for these people. 

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I should make dinner. We are having waffles again because that is what I have been making on Sunday nights.

The waffles were yummy. I made a berry topping, which is especially good on top of sour cream.

Points for quoting myself.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

My mother and dd were over for dinner so we were sitting out on the deck.  

We ate dinner outside on the patio. I love dining al fresco. Though I think we’re going to need an outdoor ceiling fan and some misters if this is going to continue.

• Like 1