Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

1st guess: incompetence on the part of the funeral home.

2nd guess: the others are in a witness protection program.

3rd guess: they weren't really his kids.

4th guess: the one mentioned is the one who paid for it.

I’m voting for #1.

Although I think #2 is a great option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

This morning on the drive to church I was happily humming "I've Got Friends In Low Places". 😄

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away!!

Maybe Susan should write some new lyrics.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I could go for waffles.  Is there any butter or whipped cream?

Butter, yes. Whipped cream, no, but I usually make a berry topping and then put a smear of sour cream on the waffle and then a dollop of berry topping. It’s very yummy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Of course none of my kids can agree on waffle toppings -- so it all goes on the table:

butter, whipped cream, real maple syrup, fake maple syrup, (store-bought) berry syrup, powdered sugar, and (sometimes) chocolate chips and Hershey's Special Dark syrup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Okay sushi abstainers, despite your pedestrian and under developed palates we can still be friends 😌

🤣

I like sushi without fish.

I am not a fan of sashimi. I had a bad experience in Japan being served whale sashimi. Raw red meat. Kinda turned me off to the entire concept 🤣

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

I couldn’t fall asleep to save my life. It was probably 4 am. I’m so tired now 😵

I am sorry, insomnia is awful!

I have dissolve-under-the-tongue melatonin tablets that sometimes help, I keep them by my bed.

Lately though I mostly resort to unisom before bed. I've had terrible insomnia ever since my last pregnancy, and that baby is now three years old. I started taking unisom when I was pregnant, unisom + B6 is supposed to help with morning sickness. I don't know if it did much for the morning sickness but it did help me sleep.

• Like 3

Morning. It's Moanday. Enough said. 🙃

We have school this week, and I expect the turtles to do a little snapping but get down to work. Lots of cleaning this week, too. I'll be snapping, but probably won't get down to work because I'm grumpy and stubborn. But we'll get it all done a day at a time.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

How many times must a puppy go out to potty in three hours?!? Honestly!  Just go and be. done. with. it!  Fortunately, I have extra short people in the house who can bring him out so I can maybe possibly get my laundry down to the laundry room at some point this morning.

Dh wants to know when puppy will be leash trained.  Lol.  Uh, maybe when he's 4yo?  I don't know - Jean, what's your estimate?  Dh likes to take him on a walk around the block first thing in the morning, but Chester is so much puppy and doesn't care for dh's non-stop walking style.  Too Many Smells!

Lessons today, mandolin lesson this afternoon, scouts for the kids and slow jam for me tonight.  Haven't been there for a jam in maybe two years?  I'm bringing the mandolin - we'll see how it goes.

Coffee!

• Like 2

I'm setting myself a strict schedule for the next three weeks until classes start.   I still have so much work to do and I want the kids to work out and I'm still working out with dd and then there's homeschool where they can mostly work independent but I need to sit with dd every day and I need to do some housecleaning.  

So I may not always be here early in the day because I need to stick with this schedule.   It's probably better if I leave the boards for the end of the day where I'm too tired to be productive but I can manage to read boards.

• Like 4

I am trying to decide the best way to approach the Two Youngest on the issue of their laundry not being completed.  Their laundry day was Thursday, and I have several times in the past few days asked them if their laundry was all done and put away, to which they answered "yes".  However, there is a basket of their clean laundry downstairs in the laundry room spilling out onto the floor, as though they've been digging through it like a dresser drawer to find things.  😠

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I have gotten a few things done.  I’m watching the neighbor kids for dd, so she could sleep in, since it’s her birthday. 18!!!!!

i did the bills and budget, made the bed, packed dd a tiny gift, cleaned out my purse, hung a load of sheets on the line, packed my lunch, fed chickens and dogs, and called our health share to see how much it’s going up in October.  Sucks.  $150 more per month.

Wow, you've been productive already!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

However, there is a basket of their clean laundry downstairs in the laundry room spilling out onto the floor, as though they've been digging through it like a dresser drawer to find things.  😠

I find that when things are not put away, they often go missing, don't you? 😉

• Like 1

I'm excited for dd's black belt ceremony this evening. I kinda feel like I earned the belt... except I don't have the body to show for it LOL. Dd definitely did all the work but I'm aware of how much I also put into getting her where she is so it feels like an accomplishment.

I'm also crazy proud of ds15, who has been her training partner and was at her side all through that marathon day Saturday as her official "warm body" to demonstrate all her techniques on. He's gotta be feeling just a little bruised and sore today to. Seeing my kids support each other makes me teary-happy-proud.

He gets to go up for his black belt next year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I failed at keeping my chickens out of the pumpkin patch. 

Which means most of the pumpkins have turned into chicken food; they are a favorite treat.

Silly fowl have also eaten most of the grapes from my favorite grape vine.

At least we are getting plenty of eggs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

I HATE it when that happens 😆

And honestly, some of it is my fault in poor follow-up.  And now they seem to have gotten into the habit of "forgetting" and it becomes a never-ending cycle.  I mean, it's just their laundry, which isn't all that much.

11 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I find that when things are not put away, they often go missing, don't you? 😉

Hmmm...I have a couple big boxes that might be hungry for some neglected clothing...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maize said:

I'm excited for dd's black belt ceremony this evening. I kinda feel like I earned the belt... except I don't have the body to show for it LOL. Dd definitely did all the work but I'm aware of how much I also put into getting her where she is so it feels like an accomplishment.

I'm also crazy proud of ds15, who has been her training partner and was at her side all through that marathon day Saturday as her official "warm body" to demonstrate all her techniques on. He's gotta be feeling just a little bruised and sore today to. Seeing my kids support each other makes me teary-happy-proud.

He gets to go up for his black belt next year. 

❤️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've never heard of this game.

You ring the doorbell and then run away before anyone can answer. I'm sure that from time to time, zucchini or other abundant produce is left on the doorstep as a gift. It's like the joke about having to lock your car doors at church in the summer so nobody puts any vegetables in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've turned into human super soaker gun. Newbie lets go too soon and watch out anything in the bOOkpath! I have no control over this and try my best to prevent it but there's rarely any warning. I can totally relate/ sympathize for Cyclops (X-Men) now.

Some of mine would do that just for kicks when they were a bit older--pull off just to see the milk spray then laugh.

• Like 1

Dang it guys, baby talk is making me want one. We'd been talking about trying this spring/summer then covid hit and I feel like I should wait for a vaccine; dh is already high risk because of kidney issues, adding a pregnancy to the mix just feels like asking for trouble.

But I'm already 42. Waiting may end up meaning no baby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1