Menu

Ignore this thread!

Instead of getting up early for swim practice, we got up early and drove an hour to swim the Murky Mile - an open water swim for (you guessed it), one mile!  And dd had friends swimming it too, so it was fun.  

ETA:  Hey - this is an open water swim booyah!  (But it wasn't earlier, was it?  weird.)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Home Science Tools and Amazon both sell blood typing kits.  We did them in one of my classes.

We ended up passing on going to the beach today because it looks gloomy outside.  It's ds's 15th birthday but he won't care if we go to the beach.  He's still sleeping and it's noon here.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Good thing I thought to save all those Aldi German pickle jars! I saved nearly a dozen over the past year and I finally have a reason to use them. I've been going through my pantry and using them to re-store all my dry goods that I keep in Mason jars so I can use the sealing lids for canning.

Were they the GIANT jars of pickles?  I saw them this week at Aldi but didn't get any, but now I'm wishing I had.

I can hear ds15 arguing with the puppy over shoelace attacks.  I think puppy is winning! 😁

• Like 1

I keep a 20 year plan on a spreadsheet including financial and physical goals, travel plans, the kids ages and their grades. Nothing that has happened this year was on my spreadsheet aside from the pregnancy which we had decided against last year but happened anyway about 2 months early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Happy Nirthday Toto's son. 

Sorry about your toe Bookie. 

Glad you have your backup back Bagles. 

I am staring at the puppy. Dh took the kids to see MIL. I do not know how people get anything done while having Labrador puppies. She is an activity all unto herself, so I am not getting to make use of the time I have alone in the house. I am very much over puppyhood at this point. I really don't understand how one puppy can have so much energy. She needs no sleep. I cringe to think of what she's going to be like as a teenager. 

Chester and I met a lab puppy in our neighhborhood today.  He's about 4 months, and so so sweet.  But a handful!  Chester was in playmate heaven, even with the accompanying 12yo terrier who was so. over. those. little. Punks!  Lol

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I keep a 20 year plan on a spreadsheet including financial and physical goals, travel plans, the kids ages and their grades. 

I am not this ambitious.  Or foresighted.  Since we will hopefully be retired in 20 years, I might aught to make some plans and schedules.  On the other hand, I can't reliably make far-future decisive plans for 7 other individuals, much less myself.

• Like 1

We are currently listening to "I've Got Friends In Low Places".  Not sure why this song came up.    prolly better add it to the ukulele songbook. 😂

eta: I suggested this out loud and my kids are horrified at the thought of singing this around a campfie!  Lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I had to use my fabulous phonics skills to sound out this word. And then I Googled it's definition because I've never seen it before. 😂

Me too!  I sorta had it on the tip of my brain but couldn't quite remember it.

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s really a good word.

Yes.  

Edited by Susan in TN

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Name some scary/suspenseful movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime that I haven't seen already.

I only have Disney+.

Mulan 2 is the scariest 😉 thing I know on there.  My kids didn't believe me when I told them it wasn't worth watching... until it was too late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had to use my fabulous phonics skills to sound out this word. And then I Googled it's definition because I've never seen it before. 😂

I knew the word from my science classes.  It's sometimes listed as one of the other senses beyond the usual 5.

• Like 1

I ordered toddler chairs for one of my classrooms since I now have classes starting at 2 1/2 and I've had a few younger kids fall off the back of the stools I usually use.  So now I have IKEA stools (20 or so), plastic kiddie chairs (6), folding chairs for teens/older kids (6), wheeled desk chairs (5).  I think we should have it all covered at this point.

Of course, the chairs I ordered where delivered today, a day early, when I'm not actually home.   Our neighborhood is pretty quiet so they should be okay as long as the delivery guy didn't leave them right at the road so someone thinks they are going out with the trash.   They're plastic so even rain shouldn't matter.  The kids and I are heading home tomorrow.  Probably early since I need to pick up the dog from my mother.

• Like 2

I just gave the kids a $20 and sent them running after the ice cream truck.  Unbelievably overpriced, but I just can't resist supporting the poor ice cream man.  And that song the truck plays.  "The more we work together, together, together, the more we work together the happier we'll be!"  

• Like 2

Dh makes an ice cream pie that is super yummy.  Chocolate graham cracker crust.  Let your chosen flavor of ice cream sit in the fridge to soften then blend in pudding mix.  Put in fridge to set (not necessary with vanilla for some reason, it's already firm).  Put Magic Shell or chocolate syrup on top.  

No ice cream trucks come to our neighborhood.

• Like 2

How much ice cream and what size box of pudding? Instant pudding, right? Oldest will love this with moose tracks ice cream. I'll use the vanilla pudding. Oreo crust sounds good for this.

What passes for a gallon of ice cream now, and the normal size box of instant pudding.   I LOVE moose track ice cream.  We tend to like our ice cream crunchy around here, except for ds who only likes soft serve chocolate.

4 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Watching Thor:Ragnarok and can't stop laughing.

Very funny movie.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

HOLY CATS! That’s insanely long. 

They're just about done, looks like they will be bowing out right about the twelve hour mark.

She broke a brick.

She also slew a cucumber hanging from a string with her sword.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Watching Thor:Ragnarok and can't stop laughing.

My favorite Thor!

23 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

That is one of my top three. Ant Man is up there as well, it just makes us feel good and laugh so hard.

"It's an ant. Do you have any idea how many ants there are?"

• Haha 1

Dinner was good. I need to go read. I’m reading “The Splendid and the Vile” by Erik Larson. It’s about Churchill and WWII. It is such a good book. Takes a lot of thought so I am reading it slowly. It’s just hard to believe all that really happened.

• Like 3