Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Pheasants are supposedly very good eating. Once upon a time, they were hunted to near extinction in these parts. I THINK they're protected now. Can't remember for sure. I've never actually seen one IRL.

Yes, I've had pheasant. It's wonderful. They were wild where my grandma lived and we had friends hunt them. Sometimes just hit them with their car. Whatever's easiest.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Makes sense. Based on their ages, I'm assuming all of yours except Isaac are potty trained. I do not have such luck. I'm now packing 2 sizes of diapers, extra wipes, snacks for Youngest, and spare clothes for Newbie.

🏆 I so miss sleeping in. 8am is sleeping in here.

We haven't bought a car that we can all fit in yet. He came early and messed everything up. So who cares about the diaper bag? :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't know if Texan knows the backstory on this one. Back when I was close to that number of reactions, Slachie started adding/subtracting her reactions to all my posts to mess with me, leaving me at that number for who knows how long. Lynn tried to help me by doing the same thing so I wouldn't be at that awful heathen number, but Slachie wins everything. 

Oh, it was like a minute!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

By the time Youngest was born, our diaper bag was a Kroger brown plastic grocery bag.

#uncouthisus

No. I went through a bunch I didn't like, spent $120 on one I love, and I have to use it forever because it was over $100 for a BAG. My grandchildren will use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone gave me a homemade, padded, quilted diaper bag. I kept enough diapers and wipes in it for church and used it for the first six weeks because I would put the baby on the inside of all the padding and only have one thing to carry. #momoftheyear

I bought a backpack thinking that Matt would carry it while I carried the baby, but he did not want to do that.

I bought the Skip Hop that Servie has and I liked it but I found that I was carrying all of the Bible's, water bottles and jackets too.

Now I have giant bag that does all the things.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have never loved or hated a diaper bag.  Which is probably why a grocery bag worked just as well.  😂

I had a diaper bag. It carried the things. I was glad when I didn’t have to use it anymore.  That is all I have to say about diaper bags.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Someone gave me a homemade, padded, quilted diaper bag. I kept enough diapers and wipes in it for church and used it for the first six weeks because I would put the baby on the inside of all the padding and only have one thing to carry. #momoftheyear

I bought a backpack thinking that Matt would carry it while I carried the baby, but he did not want to do that.

I bought the Skip Hop that Servie has and I liked it but I found that I was carrying all of the Bible's, water bottles and jackets too.

Now I have giant bag that does all the things.

But now you don’t need to carry jackets!

• Like 2

OK - I think I see one major difference - I never put my own "purse" things or anyone else's things in a bag for the baby.  I have one small purse to carry my own things and everyone else has to carry their own things.  We might have had a separate Kroger bag for the toddler to carry a diaper, but by that age we didn't really bring "stuff" for them.  I am a major minimalist when it comes to "bringing stuff along".

Dd22 said her travel companions were shocked when she only had a carry-on and small purse for their 3-week trip to SE Asia.  I trained her well.  😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm convinced that the Jujube Hobobe would be an excellent purse. I want it. But SOMEONE on here just had to burst my bubble and tell me that it realistically isn't big enough for a newborn and toddler.

I think it could be. Look at youtube videos.

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's still #1! 🥇

😎

• Like 1

I needed a bag that would carry 4 water bottles, 4 Bibles, 4 jackets, and everything else that goes in a diaper bag.

🤣

Do you not have J and M wear backpacks for their own jackets, water bottles, snacks, Bibles, sketchbooks, etc.? Mama is not a pack mule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am exhausted.  Drove all over God's creation at all the hours of the day.  Also worked on chemistry with highschool dd twice for over 2 hours total and then we knocked out a quick geometry assignment afterwards.  And we decided on a better schedule for working on chemistry together next week.  It is hard to schedule doing all chemistry and geometry homework together, but at least I'm not teaching it.  😱  🤪   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I picked DDup from school, delivered school planners to 2 families, took DD to the allergist for shots and now I am home. Previous to that, I finished my final and wrote another paper (short one) and turned them in for my Language Acquisition class. Now I am done with that class. I still have two more things to do for work and then I am calling it a week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I went ahead and ordered wine and red meat from HEB. Just in case. 🙂

Yes - best to be prepared.  And surely won't go to waste in any case!

Dh took dd14 to the pet store to find a bigger tank for her bullfrog, but the 40 gallon ones were nearly $300! Svengo.  But the store guy, who often talks "beards" with dh says he has a big tank that he bought from a friend that he's trying to get rid of and will sell for $30.  Sold!  

Also she is now begging for chickens.  I feel certain she would take good care of them, but I don't know.  We still have our Two Elderly Hens and I was kinda hoping we would be moving away from having so many small pets.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

I am exhausted.  Drove all over God's creation at all the hours of the day.  Also worked on chemistry with highschool dd twice for over 2 hours total and then we knocked out a quick geometry assignment afterwards.  And we decided on a better schedule for working on chemistry together next week.  It is hard to schedule doing all chemistry and geometry homework together, but at least I'm not teaching it.  😱  🤪   

Svengo!

• Like 1

Dd17 is supposed to find out her blood type for a tutorial class.  Her PCP doesn't have a record of it.  She's never had surgery or anything, and I'm not sure she would be allowed to give blood since she is underweight and has low iron (the Red Cross will tell you your blood type after donating).  Any ideas?  We could take her in and order a test, but I don't want to bother with it (or pay for it) if I don't have to.  I might just tell her she's out of luck on this one.

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That looks really good. I need to find that recipe.

Pork Banh Mi Wraps/Sandwiches

MAKES: 8 servings

Ingredients

• 2C pulled pork
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup sweet chili sauce, divided 
  • 1/4C reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 3 cups shredded lettuce
  • 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded, 1C
  • 1/4 C rice vinegar
  • 8 bread wraps (9 inches) or long rolls (brioche?)
  • 1/2C mayonnaise
  • 2 small cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 3-inch strips 
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
  • Sriracha

Directions

1. Sprinkle pork with pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté pork. Combine 1/2 cup of the sweet chili sauce with soy sauce; pour over chops. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
  2. Combine lettuce and carrot with rice vinegar; set aside. When pork is cool enough to handle, slice into 2-in. long strips; return to skillet to coat with sauce. Toast bread wraps lightly, then spread with mayonnaise.
  3. Spoon pork evenly over wraps. Cover with lettuce mixture, cucumber, cilantro, green onions and jalapeno. Top with remaining sweet chili sauce. Fold wraps over filling and serve immediately with Sriracha sauce. Yield: 8 servings. 

Originally published as Pork Banh Mi Wraps in Taste of Home June/July 2017

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd17 is supposed to find out her blood type for a tutorial class.  Her PCP doesn't have a record of it.  She's never had surgery or anything, and I'm not sure she would be allowed to give blood since she is underweight and has low iron (the Red Cross will tell you your blood type after donating).  Any ideas?  We could take her in and order a test, but I don't want to bother with it (or pay for it) if I don't have to.  I might just tell her she's out of luck on this one.

I think that there is a test that you can do at home?  I think it's a science lab that somebody must sell somewhere.

My blood type is A Negative, so all of my kids had to have their blood typed at birth.  They ALL have the same blood type -- A Positive.  After dd10 was born, I asked a nurse if she could just go get the Rho-Gam that I needed.  She said they had to type the blood first.  OK, follow procedures. 😉 LOL.  The next day a different nurse came into my room.  She told me that she had my Rho-Gam.  I said, "I know.  Her blood type is A Positive."  She wondered how I already knew that.  I said that she was my sixth child and they all have the same blood type.  I think that A Positive in probably the only combination that Dh and I can have together.  I must have two As and he must have two positives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Nice!

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

If it's just for a class and not for medical or health reasons/records, I'd honestly just make one up. 

Also a good option!  

I think I have A+ because I always brag to dh that my blood has a better grade than his.  😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You know, I have no idea what kind of fabric Jujube is. I just saw that it's machine washable and jumped for joy. My Skip Hop has a canvassy feeling that reminds me of one of DH's tool bags. Definitely should be able to take a beating, which is a plus. I can't stand to touch those holographic stickers either. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

They are definitely not as intense as a holographic sticker, but a similar texture.

35 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Enabler!!!

Yes.

Thanks for the recipe Susan. You are so awesome.

I am also A positive.

I made spaghetti tonight. The sauce turned out really good. I just threw a bunch of stuff in there. It had a lot of fresh basil. I like a dominant basil sauce as opposed to dominant oregano.

I also made cilantro lime salad dressing. It turned out really good. I used the salad dressing algorithm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm A pos, too!  I knew we had a lot in common!

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Thanks for the recipe Susan. You are so awesome.

I am also A positive.

I made spaghetti tonight. The sauce turned out really good. I just threw a bunch of stuff in there. It had a lot of fresh basil. I like a dominant basil sauce as opposed to dominant oregano.

I also made cilantro lime salad dressing. It turned out really good. I used the salad dressing algorithm.

Now I know who to call if I ever need a new kidney! 😂

I like your salad dressing algorithm.

• Haha 1