• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ours too, but they closed for the plague.

But I can use mine without worrying about shaving.  I win 🤣

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

There were more waterfalls on today's hike, but I didn’t want you to go all Svengo. 

I am always Svengo.

#drama queen

#svengogo

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Slache said:

They're back! Everyone hide.

I’m laughing because it took me a minute to get your post 🤔🤷‍♀️....🤪🤣

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

No you

Yay me.

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Slache cheered me up

BOOYAH!

Hey!

Just now, Susan in TN said:

This is true. Also, I pee’d in the forest. I’m pretty sure I’m getting too old for that nonsense. 

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Blaming things on the unborn is unwise.

- someone probably sometime throughout history

"A wise man once said..."

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Pretty sure. He'd have to be pregnant to have pregnant brain and THAT would've made history!

I'll keep checking my family history and see if I have one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Susan, those pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait until the weather gets nice enough to go up into the mountains here. 

Salche, I was almost certain I had a Henry York in my family tree, but I couldn't find him in a quick search. I do some interesting ancestors though. The brother-in-law of William Penn, and an illegitimate son of a Swedish king are some of the better ones. There was a town in Pennsylvania that was named after some of them, but they changed the name. Genealogy is fun! Being a descendent of Bach is pretty awesome! 

I'm pretty sure there would be a massive revolt if I quit cooking and cleaning. In fact, I think I would be leading the revolt. I like food WAY too much. It's a shame though, that would have given me those hours I need. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Slache said:

Salche.

Ooops... hmmm... I think my phone actually corrected it that way. I can't imagine why. I do have a Swedish keyboard, but that's not a word I know. Weird. Anyway, I apologize, my good Lady Slache Bach!

2 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Ooops... hmmm... I think my phone actually corrected it that way. I can't imagine why. I do have a Swedish keyboard, but that's not a word I know. Weird. Anyway, I apologize, my good Lady Slache Bach!

I normally get corrected to Apache and then everyone is confused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no one of interest in my family history. Scandinavian farmers and fishermen. Dh has all the interesting stuff. 

I forgot to check for ticks but I’m in my sleeping bag and too tired to move. Good night!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Slache said:

It's 9:30. It's dark. It's 90°.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I love Texas.

These two statements seem somewhat contradictory.  

Here it's 11:40 and, according to my phone, 54 degrees.  

I felt like I needed to clarify, Fahrenheit.  We have people on ITT in other countries, right?  Maybe because it's 11:40pm but I'm blanking out on who.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

I am working on getting dressed. This is a small tent. The struggle is real. 😂 I’ve got to boil some water so I can wash the dishes that I didn’t wash last night. 

COFFEE!!

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Morning! Coffee is good and I'm on the book hunt. AGAIN. Lol

Oldest expressed serious concern yesterday when he saw the covers of Oregon Bound and Blue Willow. He reminded me he's not a girl and he's already going to be using a PINK math book next year and asked very respectfully if I can please find him more books about boys. I told him I'll try my best with my most serious and understanding Mom face. It was hard not to crack up laughing.

Anybody remember making book covers for your textbook in ps?  I remember doing that for one year in middle school. He could cover it with a brown paper bag and then decorate it with manly stickers or something. 

• Like 5

It looks like I'm not the only one with criminals in my recent family history! So there.

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It’s 11:42 CST and 56* with light showers. Will someone please get me a glass of water so I can take some Tylenol and get to sleep?  Please and thank you. 

This is why we sleep inside.

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Clap clap clap clap

:biggrin:

• Like 2
Just now, whitehawk said:

How long until Itty Bitty arrives?

Due date is September 2nd so about a week before that. My breathing should improve within 2 weeks and surgery takes 6 weeks of recovery. I'm hoping to start working out and have a regular schedule in January.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Due date is September 2nd so about a week before that. My breathing should improve within 2 weeks and surgery takes 6 weeks of recovery. I'm hoping to start working out and have a regular schedule in January.

Perfect. I’ll be restarting c25k for the eleventy billionth time in January!  😇😜

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I actually suggested this for his math book and he gave me this look I can't quite figure out and said, "Mom, I'll still know it's pink even if no one sees it just like a person don't change just because they change their clothes."

Lol, well his logic is irrefutable. 

• Like 2

TurboTax notified us that we need to amend our return. So much yay. 

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Perfect. I’ll be restarting c25k for the eleventy billionth time in January!  😇😜

Are you going to run one?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I also decided to get Summer of the Monkeys which I'll slip in after the Civil War since it's set in the late 1800s and the family leaves sharecropping to start a farm at the beginning of the book. What boy wouldn't love reading about trying to make friends with and capture a bunch of circus monkeys?

Mine, apparently.  We were doing it as a read aloud and half-way through or thereabouts he asked if we could please just stop reading this book.   We stopped, and I still have no idea how the book ended.  I guess I wasn't really interested either.

Edited by ikslo
Typos. I think Lynn was laughing at my typos. LOL
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I actually suggested this for his math book and he gave me this look I can't quite figure out and said, "Mom, I'll still know it's pink even if no one sees it just like a person don't change just because they change their clothes."

Give him a big black sharpie and let him go to town.  Or cover it with black or blue contact paper.  It's just a math book.  If he learns the math, is the resale value really that important?  Any girls that use the book later on can just cover it with stickers.  Or GLITTER.  LOL

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Slache said:

TurboTax notified us that we need to amend our return. So much yay. 

Are you going to run one?

🤣 No.  I'm going to repeat weeks 1 and 2 and then quit.  And then restart and repeat weeks 1 and 2.  And then quit.  etc.  😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
18 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

🤣 No.  I'm going to repeat weeks 1 and 2 and then quit.  And then restart and repeat weeks 1 and 2.  And then quit.  etc.  😆

Lynn's housekeeping and exercise routines match up to mine perfectly.  No commitment to either. 🙂

Lazy women BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Did I say Good Morning this morning?  I don't remember.    If I didn't, Hello Good Afternoon, Happy Wednesday.

Walked again with dd today.  I brought along my pulse oximeter to check at that midpoint where I was having the pain/weak feeling and my ox-sat in finger and toe at that point were nearly the same.   So maybe peripheral artery disease is not the issue.   Could still be (I definitely have risk factors), but the suggested course for PAD (other than doctor) is to continue exercising so there we go.  I'm also going to start working on diet now that exercise is a good routine, so hopefully help my cholesterol.   I'm doing the WW points system.   

In looking at other things, the pain could be shin splints.  Doesn't completely explain the weak feeling but it's the right place for the pain.   And we are doing some pretty intense hills and I did up my exercise fairly recently, all of which are risk factors.  If it's this, we need to change our course.  The huge initial hill and other hills are the worse thing for this.  

• Like 1

I had a goal to lose 20 pounds this year before I knew about the baby. Now I want to lose 30 between my 6 week checkup and all of 2021.

• Like 1