Menu

What's with the ads?

15 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Thanks, Bookie!  Y'all gotta stop recommending books!  

In particular, books that recommend books!  

Points for quoting myself, please.

It's an I can't stop buying books booya!!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Morning. I'm up. It's freezing. But I'm going to grill this afternoon anyway. 

Other than that, I plan to draft all day, get a little housekeeping done, and try to relax. With one manuscript with my agent and another with two Beta readers, it's hard to stay cool and collected. 

• Like 6

ASD Boy is singing Greatest Showman to Captain. He’s clapping and dancing along. It’s his favorite. 
The Girl seems to think Nutella alone will keep her alive. She also thinks since I have an activity she doesn’t have to do her Schoolwork. 
Why am I about ready to fall asleep again? I’ve only been up since 7, bathed and fed Captain, took a shower, and woke the other kids up. Why am I so tired?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Here's where I shamelessly inform you that I deserve trophies for withstanding a thoroughly unpleasant medical test without freaking out.

🏅🏅🏅🏆🏆🏆🏆🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖🍭🍭🍰🍰🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

• Like 3

When ;you are the only human in the house and you hear a human cough. . . and it wasn't you. . .      

It was a cough in the music I was listening to.  Why would they record their song and leave in a cough?  (It wasn't part of the music.) 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3

Yay Whitehawk! You're amazing! (I have no more reactions, or I'd give you a trophy.)

Slache, how is you today? 

Angi, there's no way I can stop recommending books. I'm sorry. It's like breathing. I'll preface them with BookPo from now on, if you like.

Paradox, are you pregnant? Sudden, extreme fatigue is my first symptom. Alternatively, how's your vitamin D and/or iron levels?

Jean, did you pee? I probably would've peed.

We never got to formal lessons this morning, but Squishy and SuperDude played with the numeral puzzles, all the kids wrote things this morning, and Reader and Runner spent some time reading elementary science books and telling me all about the experiments they would like to do. I think that, along with piano practice and a lesson today, is enough. Especially since we rarely do school on Wednesdays, anyway.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Jean, did you pee? I probably would've peed.

I did not pee.  Instead, I looked for my hairbrush which apparently is my weapon of choice.  (Funny story, I had to call the police once about an alarm that went off in the middle of the night when I was housesitting.  The police wanted me to check down in the basement.  I told him "Are you crazy?  That's your job."  He looked at my hand brandishing my hairbrush and told me "I guess you're right.")  But then I looked at my music that was playing and thought, "that sound seems to have come from there".  So I rewound the music and sure enough there was that cough! 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

...You forgot the part about using the CLE as tinder for a fire. Making s’mores would be good, too.

CLE TMs in nearly every subject times 4 years is a LOT of tinder!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

John ate cherries in his Shirley Temple on Monday.
1. We're terrible parents.
2. He's not allergic to cherries. Apparently.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You need me to send you some elderberry syrup?

I don't know what this is.

5 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm up. It's freezing. But I'm going to grill this afternoon anyway. 

The wind and snow here would laugh at the idea of you trying to make fire. You'd end up with a lovely cut of steak medium rare and flash frozen 😂

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You need me to send you some elderberry syrup?

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

Jawdrop

Think of it as an all natural remedy to take the place of both Airborne and NyQuil.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

John ate cherries in his Shirley Temple on Monday.
1. We're terrible parents.
2. He's not allergic to cherries. Apparently.

Yay for cherries!

Elderberry syrup is made from elderberries, honey, and a wee bit of vodka (preservative) - this is my recipe, at least.  It is used to prevent viruses from taking over your body, I think similar to the the way zinc takes up the space in your cells so cold viruses can't attach themselves to the cell. I can't remember the details.  You can buy elderberry syrup at Walgreens, but I'm a bit skeptical of those because there's usually not enough elderberry concentration to do anything.

When ds15 was sick on Sunday with fever and throwing up, I had him take a tablespoon every 3 hours and he was completely over it by bedtime.  Maybe it was just a quick moving virus.  Or maybe it was the magical elderberry syrup.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

The fun part about making elderberry syrup is that we now understand why "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" is insulting. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Paradox, are you pregnant? Sudden, extreme fatigue is my first symptom. Alternatively, how's your vitamin D and/or iron levels?

NOT PREGNANT!!!! I would die! (As in actually die. Long story.) My first symptom is wanting to toss my cookies every time I breathe.

Vitamin D is probably low. I’m not going outside much. I have some gummies I give the kids so I will try popping a few. I think iron is ok. I eat lots of cow and such. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

(((Slachie)))

Sorry. I was just surprised because you seem to be SuperMom at juggling, balancing, and organizing all the things while somehow keeping up with everything here, too. I think it was just last week that I asked for the recipe.

• Like 4

Chocolate cake made. One of my specialities.

Lentil chili bubbling nicely.

Cornbread baking now. Ok, it’s a mix but so what?

I bought fruit punch. Between Captain and I the half gallon is about gone. Thirsty?

The party was nice. Captain had social time with the other little kids. I had social time with the adults. I don’t think I said anything embarrassing.

I went and signed the ARD form, too.

I still need to box up packages and mail them. I don’t have any mailing boxes, though.

Kids shockingly did school while I was gone. And made a huge mess in EVERY room of the house!! Must have been quite the battle. That’s cleaned up now. I should clean the hall bath but I may have Scotsman do it when he gets home.

I still have company coming and the Church youth thing to go before I can call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

CLE TMs in nearly every subject times 4 years is a LOT of tinder!

BONFIRE!! Why’d you buy so many at once? I get having a gifted kid so you don’t know how many levels they will blast through or at what pace. Just wanted to see what was coming? Smart thinking!!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm sick. Yuck.

(((Bookie)))

This may be a good time to remind everyone to disinfect their devices regularly to avoid passing germs through the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Sorry. I was just surprised because you seem to be SuperMom at juggling, balancing, and organizing all the things while somehow keeping up with everything here, too. I think it was just last week that I asked for the recipe.

That's the beauty of ITT. You don't have to keep up!

• Like 4

Time to start the fish tacos.  I made the cilantro lime sauce earlier today.  We skipped Taco Tuesday so we are having Waco Wednesday.

#fonduededid

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

The wind and snow here would laugh at the idea of you trying to make fire. You'd end up with a lovely cut of steak medium rare and flash frozen 😂

Well, it was 40F and sunny here, so...cold as it was, I fired up that grill! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yes. I'm just not sure for what.

We’ll think of something. Give her some points, she gets a squillion points for that.

• Like 4

I just bought myself a present on Amazon— a new baby bag backpack! I have a jujube Be Classy which I love, but it has not held up well. Also it is too big now that Captain is potty trained and not using bottles/formula for a long time now. I’m excited! It will be here Friday!

I want a real wallet for Christmas. I’ve been using a small Lands End pouch and before that a Coach mini pouch my mom gave me. I’m thinking like a men’s half fold cause I want to be able to stuff it into a pocket plus I don’t have a million cards. Seriously, the women’s wallets I have seen assume you must be rich or a credit card collector!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We’ll think of something. Give her some points, she gets a squillion points for that.

Half a squillion.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Who needs points and for what? I feel like I missed something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

BONFIRE!! Why’d you buy so many at once? I get having a gifted kid so you don’t know how many levels they will blast through or at what pace. Just wanted to see what was coming? Smart thinking!!

Lol. Oldest (DS8) is not gifted. I accidentally accelerated him by skipping kinder because he already knew that stuff since before Pre-K. I've been using CLE almost exclusively for nearly 4 years. I still have it ALL. Switching nearly everything (and mid school year at that) is a HUUUGE deal for me. But it's sooo relieving at the same time! I feel like this evergrowing heavy burden has been lifted off my back "Pilgrim's Progress" style! I think coming from a PS background, I fell into the same trap that a lot of families do in thinking we're supposed to recreate that same atmosphere in homeschool.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

Bookie: Thank you! I just put Give Your Child the World in my Amazon cart and wondered if I should also get Honey for a Child's Heart, too? I can't believe I'm looking at books of booklists and getting excited. Never thought I'd see the day.

• Like 2