Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 192k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    24955

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17417

  • Susan in TN

    17039

  • KrissiK

    15179

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I love coffee. I’ve been drinking it since I was 12.  I used to drink it black, high-octane.  Then I got pregnant, went off it for pregnancy and early months of nursing, and couldn’t stomach it without milk or cream thereafter.  Just now able to drink it black again; DS is 13.  I prefer it now with heavy cream, but the extra lbs that adds has me limiting my use of cream.

Tea upsets my stomach.

I started drinking black coffee when I began high school, so 14. Many years ago now... 

Started drinking black tea during the years I've lived in central Asia and the middle east. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Three of us went to real church this morning.  It was wonderful!  Do you know when you get to go back?

I have no idea when The People’s Republic of California is going to open up.  Dear Governor wants to make sure we are really super safe.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

Hey there, PH!!! Welcome. We’d love to have you stay and play!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

Always room for one more!  Welcome!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys ever watch those animal rescue videos on FB? The Dodo? I’ve been watching them more aNd more. They are so sweet and I just love it when they drag this ratty old cat or dog from a drain pipe somewhere and three minutes later they are fat and fluffy and sleeping on somebody’s couch. They make me feel good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Poison, as a long-time lurker, where do you stand on the topic of Booya/h?  Be careful how you answer.  It means everything.  (And nothing 😆😉)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Poison, as a long-time lurker, where do you stand on the topic of Booya/h?  Be careful how you answer.  It means everything.  (And nothing 😆😉)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

I am the originator of the Booya. It is used when you accomplish something and since we used to race to the top of the page getting the first post was considered an accomplishment and people would post Booya. AMJ began misspelling it around page 80 and many others followed suit. Please post Booya in any post you feel is appropriate.

-Original Booya Babe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Poison, I can’t see your signature since I’m on my phone.  Homeschooling any kiddos?  Or do you live in your mom’s basement like me? (j/k)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No siggy. Stalking reveals an 11ish year old boy. They live in Northern New Mexico. All of her recent profile views are ITTers. :biggrin:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both for the explanations. I love it when things make sense! Now that I know the full story, I can say that I am firmly in the Booya/h group. I think both spellings are excellent, so I will use both simultaneously! 

Ikslo, I am always on my phone, so I don't see signatures either. I'm not even sure if I have one, but it's probability wrong if I do. I homeschool my DS, and we're finishing up 5th grade in two weeks. I also live in my mom's house (no basement), but since my husband and I bought it three years ago, it's not hers anymore. 😉

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm supposed to be helping dd16 make some sort of green Irish soup with an unpronounceable name.

Of course, most Irish names are unpronounceable...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@whitehawk I agree to follow that very important rule. I definitely don't want to incite the wrath of the Elephant Ninja Brigade. That sounds VERY scary! 

Some kind of green soup sounds strangely tasty at the moment. Even if the name is unspeakable. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

@whitehawk I agree to follow that very important rule. I definitely don't want to incite the wrath of the Elephant Ninja Brigade. That sounds VERY scary! 

Some kind of green soup sounds strangely tasty at the moment. Even if the name is unspeakable. 

Here's one, but it's Caribbean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Poison.  Sometimes when it seems we are close to starting a new page, some people might send super short posts but many of them in an attempt to get the elusive booya.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't work out with dd today.   I (theoretically) was catching up on cleaning and setting up homeschool stuff.  I got to refresh my memory on Algebra 2, completing the square.

ETA:  Oh look!  I got the booya.  However did that happen?!?  😇

An Algebra 2 booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dh is heading back down to his mom's tomorrow.  She's in the hospital.  CHF again with fluid retention.  He can't visit in the hospital so he didn't rush down when she went in yesterday, but he wants to be there when she comes home.    He can work at home from her house as easily as he can from home, so no biggie for work.   It mainly just means I have to cook dinner while he's gone, which means I need to go to the grocery store.  I don't think I've been in a grocery store since mid-March.  It's going to be weird. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maize said:

I'm supposed to be helping dd16 make some sort of green Irish soup with an unpronounceable name.

Of course, most Irish names are unpronounceable...

I’m pretty sure they invented their spelling rules just to mess with the Brits. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spudater said:

I’m pretty sure they invented their spelling rules just to mess with the Brits. 

Very plausible theory!

"I know just how to mess with their heads! Let's use mh to spell the sound 'w'--except when we'd rather use it to spell the sound 'v' 😜"

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spudater said:

Ugh. 
 

I don’t know if my round ligaments will take it. 

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slache said:

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

Well if the honor of Slache is on the line...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slache said:

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

But you're wrong so often.  😉

Spud, does your baby's name end with an h?  It should. 

Team #h

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Junie said:

But you're wrong so often.  😉

Spud, does your baby's name end with an h?  It should. 

Team #h

Actually no h’s. Unless I decided to spell it the Irish way! 😉

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Please don't explain it!

I think I need help.

 

It's because you had c-sections.

No, I'm not going to explain it. 

Yes, of course you do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Please don't explain it!

I think I need help.

 

I won’t explain it but it’s actually not super scary, esp not compared to a c-section, or yours truly would not be thinking about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Or eat some really spicy food. I have some chili here that will make any baby want to evacuate the area to avoid the flames. 

Not really tempted on that one either. I’ve had enough heartburn and upset stomach, if that was going to budge her I think she’d be born by now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spudater said:

Not really tempted on that one either. I’ve had enough heartburn and upset stomach, if that was going to budge her I think she’d be born by now. 

Come to my place and we'll have ribs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...