Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Recommended Posts

I'm not going to comment on the nail thing so y'all can go on thinking my kids are perfect.

It's a John screams like a little girl booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Random question you may ignore if you like:  (🤣)  Is there anything you do in your life now or anything you're engaged in (whether it's a responsibility or a hobby or work or whatever) that is such a natural fit for you that it is easy and effortless and you feel little or no resistance to beginning it or seeing it through to the end?  If not, is there anything which comes close?

No. I love all my hobbies and work, but most of my pursuits are things that require me to put in the effort to enjoy them. I'm finally beginning to be comfortable with that idea, and to even embrace it as a sign of growth. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Baking bread.

Can I have some? My dad makes yummy cinnamon raisin bread. I have never mastered it not even when I had a bread machine.

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I took out all my frustration on the bathroom and now it is absolutely sparkling. I think I cleaned the cranky right out of me. 😊

Wanna come do mine? JK! But you can come chat with me while I do them. I’m like Mike Mulligan and Mary Ann- I always work a little better and a little faster when someone is watching me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent the last beautiful fall day out at the river with my boys. They boated. I wroted, and danced around screaming once when a walking stick crawled up my neck from behind. Other than that, it was a non-eventful, gorgeous, marvelous day full of wind, water, and the understanding that while I didn't have a clue where my kids were on that river, they were probably doing fine and having a good time. They were. Came home, and started dinner. Went outside and gathered a bunch of unusual mushrooms to sketch on watercolor paper so I can paint them whenever I want some time with the paint brush. 

It was nice to have a day out. I had a moment of imposter syndrome yesterday about my writing, which is very rare for me. I'm usually able to ignore that voice of doubt and remember that whatever I write tomorrow will always be better than what I write today, due to the experience factor. When I can't, that's usually a sign that I need a little river peace to settle me down and remind me that really, all that doubt is just there to remind me to work hard, but also to remind me to remember why I write. Which has nothing to do with being great, well-respected, published, or anything else. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

A squillion points to whoever can remember how many days in a row I've now cooked dinner in my pressure cooker. I lost count.

I went through and mentally tallied the meals and I'm pretty sure tonight was night 6. It's fun getting creative with it. This is how I entertain myself.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I went through and mentally tallied the meals and I'm pretty sure tonight was night 6. It's fun getting creative with it. This is how I entertain myself.

This is my favorite meal ever. Better than any restaraunt or any anything.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m like Mike Mulligan and Mary Ann- I always work a little better and a little faster when someone is watching me.

 

Hmmm.  I always work a little better and a little faster when someone is coming over for dinner. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Random question you may ignore if you like:  (🤣)  Is there anything you do in your life now or anything you're engaged in (whether it's a responsibility or a hobby or work or whatever) that is such a natural fit for you that it is easy and effortless and you feel little or no resistance to beginning it or seeing it through to the end?  If not, is there anything which comes close?

Playing violin in things.  It is a good way for my extremely introverted self to have a bit of community.  The orchestra is a lot of difficult work but it is good to stretch myself.  Playing in church is very easy and enjoyable because I don't have to work hard at it.  I also really enjoy making arrangements of music and being able to have my kids play them.  

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Go Sportsball!! Watching KC and Tennessee. My boy Mahomes is doing great. Score is tied.

I guess I am supposed to root for Tennessee?  I don't know who Mahomes is.

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I cannot believe Kansas City lost!!!  😥

Yay?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

 

I guess I am supposed to root for Tennessee?  I don't know who Mahomes is.

Yay?

Nope.  Nope.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Hmmm. Beyond breathing, drinking coffee, sleeping......

Oh yeah, COOKING! I enjoy it. I'm not always good at staying within specific time constraints but the act itself and creating good food and knowing others enjoy it is rewarding for me.

Cooking!  Yay for you!

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

To some degree homeschooling fits that bill. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t struggled with curriculum changes and even burnout at times. But at its core it is an extension of how I parent. 

I can relate to that somewhat.  Some aspects of homeschooling feel natural to me.  Definitely relate to having struggles and burnout at times.  

7 hours ago, maize said:

Genealogy is something I do that I enjoy doing and feel drawn to do so that starting isn't hard and stopping is. 

I wouldn't say the actual process of doing is easy, and seeing it through to the end ... well, they're isn't really an end.

 

That's so cool!  

7 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

 

Leading Bible study.  It's actually a huge study with a team of about 40 women leading it, so I'm just one of many.  I'm not sure I'd say it's effortless?  But the work is a delight, the reward is far greater than what I put into it, and the people are gold.  Plus my kids get tons out of it too, and other people manage them for me so I'm free to do my thing without juggling mom duties.  I come home each week filled instead of drained.

ETA:  Homeschooling kind of fits this, too.  I'd be a terrible institutional-school parent, but parenting/schooling at home is a natural fit with my personality and gifts. That said, it's HARD.  Some aspects of it harder than others (especially since my introverted self has a hard time finding space to recharge).  And the reward isn't immediate so it takes more effort to push through to the finish line.  

I think the bolded is a big part of my problem right now.  I feel like there are a number of people in my life (not all of them, thankfully) who want more engagement from me than I can manage and I don't know what to do about that.  

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Baking bread.

Yes - mine is eating bread!  We'll make a great team!

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I thought sportsball was over?

Wrong sportsball.

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Things that come naturally: reading aloud, leading my book club class, and cooking. I love homeschooling (I'm in the "it's an extension of my parenting" camp), but it's often a stretching and challenging experience, so I can't honestly say it's effortless or natural. Just like parenting, I guess.

Dave and the kids cleaned the whole house for me today. 🥰💞🥰💞🥰💞 Well, mostly, anyway. The bathrooms didn't get done, but I'll do them tomorrow. It's a fair trade, since everything else from ceilings to floors were done today. I feel like we're truly ready for both Baby Cheeto and winter.

That's great!  

3 hours ago, Slache said:

My life was simple before I hurt my back. I naturally slept well, naturally got up early, naturally worked out, school followed. It was good. It was me.

Now I struggle with my routine daily, but my role as a mother and teacher is natural. I know when to extend grace, when to tighten the reins, when to push forward and when to let go. I know how to tie our studies into day-to-day living and how to surround them with things that will pique their interest so that they pursue further study.

You are naturally amazing!  Now, what are we going to do about your back?  (Toe-tapping emo)

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Well. I ate all the things.

This is what I'm good at!  Yes!

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Being a wife and mom.

Being the Nursery Leader. I know what I am doing and have the experience to back it up.

That's fantastic!

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

No. I love all my hobbies and work, but most of my pursuits are things that require me to put in the effort to enjoy them. I'm finally beginning to be comfortable with that idea, and to even embrace it as a sign of growth. 

This might be where I'm headed, but I'm still fighting the idea, lol.  

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I spent the last beautiful fall day out at the river with my boys. They boated. I wroted, and danced around screaming once when a walking stick crawled up my neck from behind. Other than that, it was a non-eventful, gorgeous, marvelous day full of wind, water, and the understanding that while I didn't have a clue where my kids were on that river, they were probably doing fine and having a good time. They were. Came home, and started dinner. Went outside and gathered a bunch of unusual mushrooms to sketch on watercolor paper so I can paint them whenever I want some time with the paint brush. 

It was nice to have a day out. I had a moment of imposter syndrome yesterday about my writing, which is very rare for me. I'm usually able to ignore that voice of doubt and remember that whatever I write tomorrow will always be better than what I write today, due to the experience factor. When I can't, that's usually a sign that I need a little river peace to settle me down and remind me that really, all that doubt is just there to remind me to work hard, but also to remind me to remember why I write. Which has nothing to do with being great, well-respected, published, or anything else. 

That's important too!  

 

Thanks for all the replies to my question!  I'm so encouraged by the many different answers.  It's encouraging to me that many of you have things that come easily.  It's also encouraging to remember that some things are good enough and important enough to do the hard work when it comes.  I feel like there's a road block for me every direction I go - whether it's because of my personality type, introversion, perhaps highly sensitive, or maybe even undiagnosed, mild, spectrum characteristics - there's always something that's irritating to me (Ha!  maybe it's middle-age, lol!).  I was a good student.  I was good at reading, paying attention, taking notes and remembering things, ordering things logically, etc.  I'm not a natural teacher.  I'm not good at any "doing" things - science, cooking, making.  My social skills are not great - I always figure things out later after a conversation has been over for many hours.  When kids were babies and toddlers, I used to think I parented well - I was learning so much!  It was hard, but good.  I believed in what I was doing and the way I was doing it even though I knew it wasn't perfect.  Many years and many compromises later, I'm like a broken down fence, just making sure the herd doesn't escape until they're old enough to do so properly.  I want to do something meaningful.  Something meaningful to me that doesn't involve serving and engaging with others.  But I don't want it to feel like an uphill climb everyday.  

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.  Thanks for sharing your answers!    

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Playing violin in things.  It is a good way for my extremely introverted self to have a bit of community.  The orchestra is a lot of difficult work but it is good to stretch myself.  Playing in church is very easy and enjoyable because I don't have to work hard at it.  I also really enjoy making arrangements of music and being able to have my kids play them.  

I guess I am supposed to root for Tennessee?  I don't know who Mahomes is.

Yay?

I would love this.  But I don't think I can bring back my music skills from the dead and make them useful enough for anything.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ds14 was running a fever this morning and he threw up while the rest of us were in church.  As soon as he announced his condition, we grabbed the elderberry syrup and stood around watching him to see his reaction.  The house smelled so bad for 2 days after making it that we expected it to be super gross.  And ds14 is my most "sensitive" eater.  :wink:  He sat staring at it for a long time and finally drank it.  He said it was not bad at all!  Like a little bit sour berry juice.

As soon as I got home from church, I fell asleep for 1-1/2 hours and woke up just in time to eat some lunch and get to my rehearsal.  While I was there, dd13 made a foosball table. :laugh:

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been actively working on my back for years. Most of my progress reverts itself in time.

I would not known what to do with more than one instant pot.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I would love this.  But I don't think I can bring back my music skills from the dead and make them useful enough for anything.  

That's the nice thing about community orchestras and bands...they are pretty welcoming to folks like us who just want an outlet for playing with other people.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

 

I think the bolded is a big part of my problem right now.  I feel like there are a number of people in my life (not all of them, thankfully) who want more engagement from me than I can manage and I don't know what to do about that.  

 

 

 

 

Try this?  Just kidding (sort of not really).  I've actually been mulling a lot over this problem lately, too.  ((((Lynn))))

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have been actively working on my back for years. Most of my progress reverts itself in time.

I would not known what to do with more than one instant pot.

What's wrong with your back?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, maize said:

Confession: I love the instant pot so much that I have three of them.

I feel that way about my crock pot.  And I have three.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, maize said:

Confession: I love the instant pot so much that I have three of them.

I don’t own any and do not see the point.

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I feel that way about my crock pot.  And I have three.

I have one but rarely use it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

That's the nice thing about community orchestras and bands...they are pretty welcoming to folks like us who just want an outlet for playing with other people.

I used to play viola in community orchestras.

Then I had too many kids and life got too complicated.

Maybe I'll try again in a few years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What's wrong with your back?

I injured it when ITT started. It kind of ruined my life. Pay attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slache said:

I injured it when ITT started. It kind of ruined my life. Pay attention.

Yes, but what kind of injury?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of anything I do that is effortless except reading.  I love to read and it takes no energy at all.

I like to do research but that takes effort.   I like to teach my classes but that takes effort - some more than others and often the most effort is in the planning not the doing.

Sleeping.  Sleeping doesn't take any effort at all 99% of the time these days.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't do any of the regular cooking unless dh isn't here.   We do have multiple crock pots.  Like 4 or 5 or 3 but one has multiple crocks or something.  No instant pot or pressure cooker at all.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's back to my usual routine tomorrow.  Back to yoga first thing in the morning (haven't done it all week, it's going to hurt), back to teaching classes all day.  New is going to the gym with ds while dd is at TKD.   Hopefully we'll be able to build that as a good routine.

I did get the next three weeks of the kids school all planned out.  They are going to do school the week of Thanksgiving except Thursday itself.  I'm off classes so I can plan the weeks after that of both classes and their school.  

Tomorrow is three classes, one tutoring student (maybe), gym, then 4-H robotics.  Mondays are my long day.  

I"m heading to bed, 6:30 is going to come awful early tomorrow. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Cooking!  Yay for you!

I can relate to that somewhat.  Some aspects of homeschooling feel natural to me.  Definitely relate to having struggles and burnout at times.  

That's so cool!  

I think the bolded is a big part of my problem right now.  I feel like there are a number of people in my life (not all of them, thankfully) who want more engagement from me than I can manage and I don't know what to do about that.  

Yes - mine is eating bread!  We'll make a great team!

Wrong sportsball.

That's great!  

You are naturally amazing!  Now, what are we going to do about your back?  (Toe-tapping emo)

This is what I'm good at!  Yes!

That's fantastic!

This might be where I'm headed, but I'm still fighting the idea, lol.  

That's important too!  

 

Thanks for all the replies to my question!  I'm so encouraged by the many different answers.  It's encouraging to me that many of you have things that come easily.  It's also encouraging to remember that some things are good enough and important enough to do the hard work when it comes.  I feel like there's a road block for me every direction I go - whether it's because of my personality type, introversion, perhaps highly sensitive, or maybe even undiagnosed, mild, spectrum characteristics - there's always something that's irritating to me (Ha!  maybe it's middle-age, lol!).  I was a good student.  I was good at reading, paying attention, taking notes and remembering things, ordering things logically, etc.  I'm not a natural teacher.  I'm not good at any "doing" things - science, cooking, making.  My social skills are not great - I always figure things out later after a conversation has been over for many hours.  When kids were babies and toddlers, I used to think I parented well - I was learning so much!  It was hard, but good.  I believed in what I was doing and the way I was doing it even though I knew it wasn't perfect.  Many years and many compromises later, I'm like a broken down fence, just making sure the herd doesn't escape until they're old enough to do so properly.  I want to do something meaningful.  Something meaningful to me that doesn't involve serving and engaging with others.  But I don't want it to feel like an uphill climb everyday.  

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.  Thanks for sharing your answers!    

Lynn, the struggle is real for many of us at our time of life. The last year especially has been the hardest in my life. But it is where God has me. And I know that it is for a reason even if I don’t know what that reason is yet. (Other than the very general “to build character “). My life has never been effortless but I don’t really think that it is supposed to be.  The important thing for me personally is how I respond to the circumstances in which God puts me. I can certainly make things harder on myself!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes, but what kind of injury?

A three month long back spasm that began during a pushup. I was in a literal back spasm that left me immobile and made labor feel like a hangnail for 3 months. Lots of drugs. The doctors kept saying that it would go away "by next week". The chiropractor said that my pelvis was tilted which kept me from coming out of the spasm. I passed out from pain during the adjustment (this was abnormal, my adjustments were always very low pain after that) and suddenly I could walk again. He took my pain from a 10 (not really a 10 because the pain was far worse than anything I'd ever experienced) to a 6, he took it down to a 3-4 with regular appointments and physical therapy because 2 years of trying to see a physical therapist through Kaiser was a joke, my no support shoes took it to a 1-2 and my mattress was the end of it. If I work out it goes to a 6 very quickly and stays there for days. Without working out I cannot maintain a proper routine or sleep schedule.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I don't do any of the regular cooking unless dh isn't here.   We do have multiple crock pots.  Like 4 or 5 or 3 but one has multiple crocks or something.  No instant pot or pressure cooker at all.  

Oh yeah!  I have four!  The fourth one has 3 Crocks 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slache said:

A three month long back spasm that began during a pushup. I was in a literal back spasm that left me immobile and made labor feel like a hangnail for 3 months. Lots of drugs. The doctors kept saying that it would go away "by next week". The chiropractor said that my pelvis was tilted which kept me from coming out of the spasm. I passed out from pain during the adjustment (this was abnormal, my adjustments were always very low pain after that) and suddenly I could walk again. He took my pain from a 10 (not really a 10 because the pain was far worse than anything I'd ever experienced) to a 6, he took it down to a 3-4 with regular appointments and physical therapy because 2 years of trying to see a physical therapist through Kaiser was a joke, my no support shoes took it to a 1-2 and my mattress was the end of it. If I work out it goes to a 6 very quickly and stays there for days. Without working out I cannot maintain a proper routine or sleep schedule.

So nerve damage of some kind, like spinal stenosis or a ruptured disc, maybe?  I don't know anything about backs except that dh used to have a lot of issues which seem to have been helped by rolling on his back on a foam roller.  ("poor man's spinal decompression")

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn, are y'all expecting snow tomorrow night?  There are a lot of hopeful "weather forecast checkers" around here, praying the temperature will drop before the rain moves out!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I copied, cut, and laminated all of our Jesse Tree ornaments.  And put color or dd's hair.  She's waiting for the timer to ding now. 

Where did you get them?? I’ve always wanted to do a Jesse Tree.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I cannot believe Kansas City lost!!!  😥

I know, right?? If they would have made those two field goals.... what a way to lose. But my boy Mahomes was in fine form!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Where did you get them?? I’ve always wanted to do a Jesse Tree.

We use this one.  It has the ornament templates and devotions and verses.  We have tried other ones and like this one best.

Screenshot_20191110-215636~2.png

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn, be patient. This, too shall pass. I feel a lot like you do at times. So much is demanded of me so much of the time that even in my “down time” I find I can do little more than binge watch CSI:Miami or other shows I’ve watched time and time again because I just don’t know what to do. I used to study things, I don’t anymore. I don’t really garden or sew. I don’t feel like I’m doing anything meaningful, either. But, the kids will grow up and things will get better.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We use this one.  It has the ornament template and devotions and verses.  We have tried other ones and like this one best.

Screenshot_20191110-215636~2.png

I’m going to get that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta go find the cat. She snuck in and now she’s hiding. She does not like to go out at night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning! It's Monday. Lessons, bathroom cleaning, and an OB appointment this afternoon. We're under a winter weather watch until tomorrow morning, with 6-11 inches possible accumulation. The local pizza place has half off large pizzas on Mondays, and I tried to plan something else so we weren't spending the money, but Dave asked for pizza, so...I'll be picking up pizza on my way home from the OB. 😁 It takes dinner prep off my radar, and I can't argue with that.

Lynn, with all these little people running around, I often feel like you do. I'm not a naturally good parent. I have to really pay attention and work hard to be the parent I want to be. I totally hear you about the social skills. I'm well-known by certain friends for texting them far later amd asking for clarification on certain points. And the way life went the past few years. I feel like I've done all the damage I didn't want to do, and now we just sit and wait for the fallout. But the bottom line is you are valuable just because you are you, and this time of feeling rootless/restless won't last forever. You'll figure out the next stage just like you've figured out the previous ones, with a lot of thought and prayer and purposeful action. I think we need the restless times in order to grow and change, like a snake when it's ready to shed its skin. If we were perfectly content and comfortable, we wouldn't rock the boat. And then we'd miss out on what comes next. (((Lynn))) You are very loved, my friend.

(((Slache))) I'm sorry about your back. You said it happened when ITT started...correlation? Causation? Hmmm....

Happy Monday, lovelies!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, maize said:

Confession: I love the instant pot so much that I have three of them.

Would an instant pot replace a pressure cooker? I know it can replace a crock pot, but will it pressure cook? This is my question of the day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all. It's Monday. Again. One foot in front of the other til I reach the coffeepot. I can do this. Coffee. Sugar. Creamer. Open eyes. Smile. Start day.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

 

Try this?  Just kidding (sort of not really).  I've actually been mulling a lot over this problem lately, too.  ((((Lynn))))

Yes!  I want this!  

9 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I can't think of anything I do that is effortless except reading.  I love to read and it takes no energy at all.

I like to do research but that takes effort.   I like to teach my classes but that takes effort - some more than others and often the most effort is in the planning not the doing.

Sleeping.  Sleeping doesn't take any effort at all 99% of the time these days.

I admire your ability to teach so much!  I would love the planning, but die in the doing, lol.

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Lynn, the struggle is real for many of us at our time of life. The last year especially has been the hardest in my life. But it is where God has me. And I know that it is for a reason even if I don’t know what that reason is yet. (Other than the very general “to build character “). My life has never been effortless but I don’t really think that it is supposed to be.  The important thing for me personally is how I respond to the circumstances in which God puts me. I can certainly make things harder on myself!

Thank you for this - it's so true.  

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Lynn, are y'all expecting snow tomorrow night?  There are a lot of hopeful "weather forecast checkers" around here, praying the temperature will drop before the rain moves out!

Actually yes!  It's supposed to start raining this evening and turn to snow during the night.  We'll see!

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Lynn, be patient. This, too shall pass. I feel a lot like you do at times. So much is demanded of me so much of the time that even in my “down time” I find I can do little more than binge watch CSI:Miami or other shows I’ve watched time and time again because I just don’t know what to do. I used to study things, I don’t anymore. I don’t really garden or sew. I don’t feel like I’m doing anything meaningful, either. But, the kids will grow up and things will get better.

Thank you.  I love hearing about your new job, but I know it has not been easy!!!

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I finished “Educated” by Tara Westover. Wow. That was a good book.

I keep hearing that.....  

41 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's Monday. Lessons, bathroom cleaning, and an OB appointment this afternoon. We're under a winter weather watch until tomorrow morning, with 6-11 inches possible accumulation. The local pizza place has half off large pizzas on Mondays, and I tried to plan something else so we weren't spending the money, but Dave asked for pizza, so...I'll be picking up pizza on my way home from the OB. 😁 It takes dinner prep off my radar, and I can't argue with that.

Lynn, with all these little people running around, I often feel like you do. I'm not a naturally good parent. I have to really pay attention and work hard to be the parent I want to be. I totally hear you about the social skills. I'm well-known by certain friends for texting them far later amd asking for clarification on certain points. And the way life went the past few years. I feel like I've done all the damage I didn't want to do, and now we just sit and wait for the fallout. But the bottom line is you are valuable just because you are you, and this time of feeling rootless/restless won't last forever. You'll figure out the next stage just like you've figured out the previous ones, with a lot of thought and prayer and purposeful action. I think we need the restless times in order to grow and change, like a snake when it's ready to shed its skin. If we were perfectly content and comfortable, we wouldn't rock the boat. And then we'd miss out on what comes next. (((Lynn))) You are very loved, my friend.

(((Slache))) I'm sorry about your back. You said it happened when ITT started...correlation? Causation? Hmmm....

Happy Monday, lovelies!

Bookie, thank you.  (And about the last few years - that's not totally true and you certainly had a lot of help.  Ahem.)  But I love the snake analogy.  I am a dry and scaly reptile!  It fits!! lol.  Seriously, it's a helpful thought.  

You guys are the best!  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning.   I said sleeping is effortless so of course I had trouble falling asleep last night.  Not sure why, I do seem to have a few days of hormone based insomnia each month.  Could just be I'm not as active on the weekend.   I'm not nervous about classes starting up again so I don't think it's that.  I have a few new students but for the most part classes are continuing the way they have been.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...