Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Mornijg!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

We’re beginning another heat wave.☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥😩😩😩😩

Nothing much else going on. I guess I should think a little bit about our Lake Tahoe trip. I need to decide which meals we are going to eat in -definitely breakfasts.

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning!

I'm back from Horse Camp drop-off.  The ranch dog ate Dd13's lunch yesterday, so hopefully today she'll remember to put her lunch up out of reach!  Apparently he also collects rocks.  Dd said when they are playing in the creek, the dog will search the stream for acceptable rocks and make a nicely arranged pile of them.  😁

Today's freezer meal cooking projects: Kansas City steak soup (made with stew beef, not steak) and "Farmhouse Chili" (from The Joy of Cooking).   I once made this chili for a neighborhood chili potluck and one guy tasted it and nearly spit it out.  "That's weird" I think was his comment.  He didn't know I was the one who made it, lol.  It has sausage, white beans, cumin, sage, tomatoes, and maple syrup and zero chili powder, so I'm not sure you can technically call it chili.  We love it.  I'll make a couple vegetarian portions for dd21.

I had a ukulele epiphany late last night - You'll Be Back from Hamilton.  It MUST be done.

Coffee!

• Like 4

On 7/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, Another Lynn said:

5 hours!  Surely you guys are not out in this heat!  🔥🔥🔥

I was out yesterday in the heat, actually.  As soon as I got home from work I jumped in the pool.  And I mean jumped.  I did a cannonball just like when I was a kid, LOL.

ETA:  I am a day behind.   For some reason I was thinking today was Tuesday and Monday was yesterday.  Wow.  need coffee.  But I swam both days due to the heat, so my post still stands.  

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I was out yesterday in the heat, actually.  As soon as I got home from work I jumped in the pool.  And I mean jumped.  I did a cannonball just like when I was a kid, LOL.

ETA:  I am a day behind.   For some reason I was thinking today was Tuesday and Monday was yesterday.  Wow.  need coffee.  But I swam both days due to the heat, so my post still stands.  

Yes, backyard pool changes everything!  💦💦 💦

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Yes, backyard pool changes everything!  💦💦 💦

It was my #1 must have when deciding to move to FL. 🙂  I ♥ FL, but I don't think I would ♥ it so much without the pool.  And CV-19 lockdown would have been really poopy without it.

• Like 4

Sad and relieved here.  Relieved that my mom cancelled her backyard wedding ceremony at the end of this month, because travelling and CV-19 and parties with people and whatnot. Sad because it means I won't be visiting Susan. 😞 I was looking forward to knocking on her door.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

@Another Lynn said I don't have to be an overachiever to come visit the thread, so I'm here to say HI! and also congrats for all the new babies and all of the almost born babies/grand babies.

One of our ACs went out last night so we are trying to find a reputable person to come out and fix it today. This is rather like finding a needle in a haystack. The place we normally use cannot come out until Friday. At least we have two portables so hopefully that keeps too much load from being on the other unit. It's supposed to be 95 today with a current humidity level of 76%, so I am very grateful for having the portable ACs! 

Welcome to ITT. You definitely don’t have to be an overachiever. Glad you came over to play!

• Like 5

We are going to try to go to the river tomorrow morning. Morning, because the only people we are likely to see are campers. Thursday, because there will not be a ton of campers. Hopefully. In all my years of going there, I have yet to have a person approach me or my kids. Them, because they can paddle away. Me, because I look completely weird with a tea towel tied on my head and a laptop clicking away. Scary, scary!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

@Another Lynn said I don't have to be an overachiever to come visit the thread, so I'm here to say HI! and also congrats for all the new babies and all of the almost born babies/grand babies.

One of our ACs went out last night so we are trying to find a reputable person to come out and fix it today. This is rather like finding a needle in a haystack. The place we normally use cannot come out until Friday. At least we have two portables so hopefully that keeps too much load from being on the other unit. It's supposed to be 95 today with a current humidity level of 76%, so I am very grateful for having the portable ACs! 

Yikes!  The Texan needs a complimentary trip to the ITT island with cold drinks with umbrellas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Duh!

Well, you could have told me before!  Lol

59 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Sad and relieved here.  Relieved that my mom cancelled her backyard wedding ceremony at the end of this month, because travelling and CV-19 and parties with people and whatnot. Sad because it means I won't be visiting Susan. 😞 I was looking forward to knocking on her door.

Well nuts.  And I have all this delicious hot soup to share! 😂

21 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

My parents AC company can come tomorrow AM. We weren't sure they would drive all the way out here. Fingers crossed they feel the same way after looking at a map. 😂

Come on, AC People!  It's not THAT far!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The KC Steak soup is done and the chili is half done - I took out a few portions for dd21 before adding the meat.  Taking a little break before starting on that part.  

The past couple mornings I have woken up all puffy-eyed which is not usual for me.  I wonder if I had a reaction to something I ate.  I ate quite a few cherries last week and also had been using half&half in my coffee because I ran out of the protein shake I usually use.  

I realized last night that everyone in my immediate family has been to San Antonio except for me and I'm the only one with a real reason to go there.  Humph.  

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, you could have told me before!  Lol

I had never heard any of the songs from Hamilton until I watched it this past week.  But then when you said playing it on the ukulele, I thought, "Duh, of course.  It's the perfect song for that."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I had never heard any of the songs from Hamilton until I watched it this past week.  But then when you said playing it on the ukulele, I thought, "Duh, of course.  It's the perfect song for that."

I've never seen Hamilton, but my kids have been singing that *forever*.  It was like a duh V-8 moment! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Matt's going to "school" to be a residential inspector. He'd make more and only work full time. There are some logistical questions, but I think we can pull it off. He needs to apprentice and stuff.

Whew.  Busy much?
How you doing? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The KC Steak soup is done and the chili is half done - I took out a few portions for dd21 before adding the meat.  Taking a little break before starting on that part.  

The past couple mornings I have woken up all puffy-eyed which is not usual for me.  I wonder if I had a reaction to something I ate.  I ate quite a few cherries last week and also had been using half&half in my coffee because I ran out of the protein shake I usually use.  

I realized last night that everyone in my immediate family has been to San Antonio except for me and I'm the only one with a real reason to go there.  Humph.  

Cherries and milk!!  That’s what killed Harrison. (Was it Harrison?  Which president was it?)

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

RIP PoPo. 

Our AC company just informed us they're on their way. I guess now we can get competing quotes from the place tomorrow as I seriously doubt it will just take a part he happens to have on the truck! 

We managed to get through all of school and kids are now in the pool. Between them, the puppy, and hot, I could use a shot of patience. They have liquid courage. Is there something like that for patience? 

I think that's a hot toddy! 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Whew.  Busy much?
How you doing? 

Good. Tired. Feeling defeated.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am the proud owner of a 30lb bag of puppy food.

Me too!

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

PoPo the Fancy Rat died this afternoon.  Funeral to commence in a bit.  He was the last of dd11's rats.  R.I.P. PoPo

I'm sorry.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!  Dh made the coffee, but it seems okay.  Busy day - dd's swim practice, home again, back for rec swim time (we sign up ahead for that), then ds's orthodontist appt., then 2nd ds's homeschool community graduation celebration (we get to take a quick picture at our assigned time and then there's a car parade, and then we leave and the graduates have a ceremony and banquet.  It's graduates only to keep the numbers at the legal level.)

(((Slashie)))  You are not failing.  You are growing a precious little one.  Just keep on swimming.  You'll get there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Despite staying up past midnight, I was awake for 6am this morning.  This weather has me feeling itchy and is making my allergies worse.   Our bedroom isn't part of the AC system so it's a lot worse in there, combined with my Benedryl usually wearing off my morning and I can't sleep. 

Dd's coming over to watch Hamilton and have dinner tonight.  

ETA: An itchy Hamilton booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3

Good morning!

The Rat Funeral was good.  I played our traditional pet-funeral tune, The Skye Boat Song, on the mandolin.  Dd11 is not devastated like she was when PoPo's brothers died.  And she has new puppy to look forward to.

I will have to check out that Hamildolph. 😁

Horse Camp drop-off, then AFSA for a return and pick up a couple things, then Aldi.  Maybe the bank if I can remember.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve.

The little girls have dentist appointments this morning.8:40 and 11:00. We live five minutes from the dentist, so that’s good. And it’s in the morning when it’s a little cooler so I can sit in the car during and not wear that #$@£|@ mask.

Tonight we have Riverlife. One of our church members has a park by the river so 2-3 Thursday evenings in the summer the congregation is invited to Bring Your Own Supper and there’s worship and teaching after dinner. It’s very nice. Hopefully they sprayed for mosquitoes. That’s all we need is to have the West Nile Virus oN top of The coronavirus. I wonder what would happen if you got them both.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me: *Buys thing. It's a hassle.*

Me, a couple of months later, running out of thing: *Buys more. It's a hassle.* I should buy this in bulk so I don't have to do this so often.

Me, receiving thing I finally ordered in bulk: This is a lot. I should find somebody to give, like, 3/4 of this to.

No, no I shouldn't.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve.

The little girls have dentist appointments this morning.8:40 and 11:00. We live five minutes from the dentist, so that’s good. And it’s in the morning when it’s a little cooler so I can sit in the car during and not wear that #$@£|@ mask.

Tonight we have Riverlife. One of our church members has a park by the river so 2-3 Thursday evenings in the summer the congregation is invited to Bring Your Own Supper and there’s worship and teaching after dinner. It’s very nice. Hopefully they sprayed for mosquitoes. That’s all we need is to have the West Nile Virus oN top of The coronavirus. I wonder what would happen if you got them both.

They would cancel each other out.  Yay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My head started pounding at AFSA within a minute of putting on my new fabric facemask that dd21 made.  I would have Switched it with a surgical mask but I left them in the van.  I survived.  Still pounding head, but hopefully the coffee and ibuprofen will kick in soon.  Not one of the 6 people who were home all morning remembered to run the dishwasher while I was gone.  Humph.  

Dd21 has thankfully volunteered to pick up all the people this afternoon because I've barely been able to get a blessed thing done today with all the running here and there and trying to scramble lunch together while putting away groceries.  And Aldi was out of chicken thighs and frozen peas.  And still only allows 3 dozen eggs to be purchased at a time.  I am feeling grumpy at them.  

The pork shoulders are in the Giant Pot and the Instant Pot, and hopefully All will be done by late afternoon.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Good morning! 

Our puppy finished her stomach issue meds two days ago and her issues came back last night every hour on the hour so waiting for the vets office to open so I can call for more meds! At least she asks to go outside every time. Yay for polite puppies. 

What are her tummy issues?  I haven't had a dog since I was a kid and don't remember these things.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

What is AFSA, if I might ask? 

13 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Walmart: an ordeal that merits trophies for those who return alive.

Since you're newish to the thread, I will also point out that staying alive is required, with the following rule firmly in place: No ITTer shall die for any reason.

11 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

This is awesome because I stopped at Walmart on my way home from the far away land. But I don't know if curbside counts. I have not ventured into a Walmart since I learned of curbside a couple of years ago, although I did cry when I learned it had been available for 9 months before I knew about it. 

ETA- I am definitely still alive. I even have it under my screen name, because there was some question as I refused to stop getting my hair done. 🙂

Specifically "A Fortress of Stress and Anxiety".  

The rule from the official ITT handbook reads:  

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

It's a very helpful rule.

Some other helpful rules to know:

1 hour ago, 30 May 2018 - 3:13 PM ikslo said:

One can say yes to mint juleps.  ITT rule WTM 56.96.

------------------------------

ThatBookwormMom, on 19 Jan 2018 - 6:56 PM, said:

There need be no valid reason for chocolate. Chocolate is its own reason

--------------------

5 hours ago,  Susan in TN said: 

No one should ever turn down pie for any reason, except certain death

--------------------

Cough drops are not an acceptable substitute for pie.

Junie, Thanksgiving Day, 2017

-----------------------

Also, who needs a manicure when you have pie??!!!!!

Lynn, Easter Weekend, 2019

-----------------------

There is never a wrong occasion to give a book. 

-- Junie, 4/4/2020

------------------------

There is no law limiting the number of ukuleles one is allowed to own.

--Susan in TN 7/7/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The pork shoulder is almost done.  Kroger is my favorite store today because when I stopped in for sunscreen, which I didn't know we needed until after I left AFSA this morning, I discovered that they had bnls/sknls chicken thighs on sale for 99 cents/pound.  Very helpful, since my next freezer meal is Hawaiian BBQ chicken.

Dd13 had another awesome day at Horse Camp.  She brought along a little net she made from orange container netting, drinking straws, and duct tape to help catch crawdads and fish in the creek.  😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Success! She had normal poo. This is celebratory after last night. 

I'm sure y'all are so glad I'm here right now because y'all are talking about Ukuleles and awesome dinners and I've brought poop to the thread. 😂

We all have something special to contribute to ITT!!🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Howdy all.  

I'm going to bed super early tonight since I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night.  I finished my book so that won't keep me awake.   

Oldest dd and I just had dinner and watched Hamilton.  Love It!  it's really really good. 

I have the last of my interviews tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure I won't go with this one based on some social media stuff but I'm going through with it anyway.  Pretty sure it's going to be the first person I interviewed on Monday.  Yesterdays was okay but she's not interested in all the hours and since nobody else has applied for partial hours, there's no way to job share.  She is willing to be on my sub list though, so that's good. 

• Like 4

I drove all over God's green earth twice today.  But it was good.  We went to our community homeschool graduation event.  Cars were decorated in suitable tackiness.  Seniors were celebrated.  And then we left to eat out at our favorite Mexican restaurant while the seniors had their banquet.  We saw some of it streaming live on Facebook.  I'm hoping they post a video of the photo slide show and parent blessings later.  

(((Texan's wittle bitty baby puppy)))  So glad he had a normal bm!  🏆

Where's Toto - yay for clarity with your interviews!  

Susan - Yay for posting all the good stuff!  Vote for ITT!  The only party that makes sense!

Servo - Yay for kiddie pools!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Junie!  Junie!  JunieJunieJunie!  Do you have Prime?  There’s a show on there now called A Stitch in Time all about fashion history and sewing!  Charles II invented the vest!  So excited!

No, we don't have Prime. 😞  

I'll have to do some research tomorrow to see what I can find. 

• Like 1