Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd15 and I just watch Hello, Dolly! with Barbra Streisand.  Such a fun, fun movie.  And I will have the songs in my head for the next week.

My high school did a production of Hello, Dolly! when I was in high school and I have always enjoyed it.  It was a really good walk down memory lane.  :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We watched "Yesterday" - super fun movie, though if you watch it with people who really know All About The Beatles it can get a little tedious needing the details to be explained.  Still a fun story.

Oh, I still haven't seen that.  I need to put it on my "some day" list.  

9 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I did.  Enough to leak when I was pregnant with ds, and my previous pregnancy had been 11 years before so it wasn't left-over.    I was glad because in between kids I had a lumpectomy on one side and I wasn't sure if the incision around the nipple would affect breastfeeding on that side.   It didn't. 🙂 

That's great!

8 hours ago, maize said:

Dh and ds14 took a load of junk to the landfill today, mostly stuff that has been cluttering up the back yard. It's nice to have it gone. 

I keep intending to plan for next year's homeschool but the fact that dd16 isn't finished with this year is seriously dragging down my motivation. I've called it a year for the others except that they are still supposed to do math through the summer.

I don't actually have to plan for dd16 for next year since she will be doing all online college courses so that isn't really a good excuse but my brain just doesn't want to switch gears. And I do need to get her through the rest of her stuff for this year, it's the high school and needing to grant credit thing.

I would feel the same way!

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, since I am signing up for mandolin lessons, daily practice will have to become a new habit.

Yay for lessons!

7 hours ago, Junie said:

Dd15 and I just watch Hello, Dolly! with Barbra Streisand.  Such a fun, fun movie.  And I will have the songs in my head for the next week.

My high school did a production of Hello, Dolly! when I was in high school and I have always enjoyed it.  It was a really good walk down memory lane.  🙂

Ds was in homeschool production of Hello Dolly a couple years ago and it was great!  Youngest loves the movie and we still watch it every now and then.  

Coffee's ready, but going fast!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

Good morning!

I'm not sure yet how my mandolin lessons will be done - zoom, facetime, or other.  But we start tomorrow.  Yikes.  We are actually going to church this morning.  Well, this afternoon really.  We reserved a pew for 12:00.  

How was the baptism, Spudz?

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning.  No workout today since I took a day off to clean house after the bug bombing yesterday.   Today's big project is the kitchen.  It needs a lot of work.  Then a quick straighten and vacuum of dd's room and new sheets on the bed, a quick vacuum of ds's room and new sheets.  Then start on the living room.   I have to box up a bunch of books and I have to figure out how many can be moved to other shelves (those that aren't on the floor) or other rooms and what needs to be boxed up.   Then vacuum.  

Kids and dh aren't coming back until Tuesday so I have two more days to get things done (and technically another week for the books) but today is my - don't have to leave the house for any reason so I should be able to do this - day.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

I’m up early getting the pork shoulder into the crock pot and making potato salad. We’re having DD’s promotion party here at 1:00. Just the grandparents and my uncle and aunt.

This week is the last week of tv church. They will be allowing regular church starting next week, but if we have to wear masks, I won’t go. I can’t breathe in it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Drinking more water. Cutting back portions. You need to read the book “Atomic Habits”. It’s awesome.

I did, and it is awesome.

12 hours ago, Slache said:

Alex is so excited that it's D-Day. He's running around singing about it. He has no idea what it means.

Has he asked when A-Day is? I would think that would be even better for him.

DS has his recital on Zoom today. I'm nervous.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I did, and it is awesome.

Has he asked when A-Day is? I would think that would be even better for him.

DS has his recital on Zoom today. I'm nervous.

I am still having trouble breaking old bad habits, but his technique of piggybacking new desired habits onto old ones is genius.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Morning.  No workout today since I took a day off to clean house after the bug bombing yesterday.   Today's big project is the kitchen.  It needs a lot of work.  Then a quick straighten and vacuum of dd's room and new sheets on the bed, a quick vacuum of ds's room and new sheets.  Then start on the living room.   I have to box up a bunch of books and I have to figure out how many can be moved to other shelves (those that aren't on the floor) or other rooms and what needs to be boxed up.   Then vacuum.  

Kids and dh aren't coming back until Tuesday so I have two more days to get things done (and technically another week for the books) but today is my - don't have to leave the house for any reason so I should be able to do this - day.

Working on the house while no one else is home (and you don't have to go anywhere) is the best!  Hoping you get a lot done and treat yourself to something special too - favorite music, little snack, grapes, something you love!  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Working on the house while no one else is home (and you don't have to go anywhere) is the best!  Hoping you get a lot done and treat yourself to something special too - favorite music, little snack, grapes, something you love!  

I had one of my favorite things to make when I'm home alone- garlic croissants.  I take the packaged tube croissants, put a little spoonful of garlic in the middle before rolling them up, and bake.  Yummy.  Have I mentioned I REALLY like garlic?   I'm on a diet so I'm not doing all my usual treats when dh isn't home - Ben & Jerry's, chocolate frosted donuts kept in the fridge, lots of other chocolate and sweets.   I'm going to have a big salad for dinner since I ate an entire package of croissants for lunch.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I had one of my favorite things to make when I'm home alone- garlic croissants.  I take the packaged tube croissants, put a little spoonful of garlic in the middle before rolling them up, and bake.  Yummy.  Have I mentioned I REALLY like garlic?   I'm on a diet so I'm not doing all my usual treats when dh isn't home - Ben & Jerry's, chocolate frosted donuts kept in the fridge, lots of other chocolate and sweets.   I'm going to have a big salad for dinner since I ate an entire package of croissants for lunch.  

Yummy!!

• Like 2

My mom called this morning to let me know that my grandma had a stroke last night and is not expected to live more than a day or two.

This isn't really unexpected--she is 92 and has been in poor health for a long time. She is ready to move on.

It is hitting me hard though. Losing grandparents feels like saying goodbye not just to them but to big pieces of my own life. 

Grandma was the kind of quiet person who always did what needed to be done and helped where she could. When dh and I started talking marriage it was my grandpa who suggested I should try on grandma's wedding dress. I did and to my astonishment it fit perfectly. I never even considered shopping for another dress--I felt incredibly honored to be able to wear my grandma's dress.

I'm going to miss her.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am still having trouble breaking old bad habits, but his technique of piggybacking new desired habits onto old ones is genius.

So my method of doing bathtub pushups and tricep dips when I need to use the bathroom is actually a brilliant idea?  Awesome!  I'm a genius!  😁

Yep, it's a Genius Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

We had sweet potatoes and apple slices for lunch.  Then we stopped for ice cream on our walk around Main Street after church.  Dh and I are going out to dinner tonight - our anniversary is tomorrow and we have a gift certificate.  The kids get frozen pizza.

We took the van to church this morning, but after we got back home, dh couldn't get it to start.  He changed a fuse, which is the usual fix, but it didn't work.  He'll try something later when it's not so hot out.  Might just need to try another fuse.  Fortunately we don't use the vehicles much now days, so there's no rush to get it running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I reheated leftovers for lunch. Stuffed bell peppers. Yum.

I'm almost done getting the toddler cloth diaper flats ready to store until Newbie is big enough for them. Then I'll pull out the smaller bamboo inserts for the younger stage so they'll be ready to go when he gets here.

I've lost count of how many Hershey's kisses Youngest has eaten today. 😁

I was just talking to my daughter about diapers yesterday. She says she doesn't have time for cloth, so I reminded her to get plain disposables with nothing extra added. Both she and Gymnast broke out in rashes with aloe vera, fragrance, vitamin E, you-name-it. She remembered to get plain wipes. 🙂 

I guess I should get granddaughter stuff.

• Like 6

I'm supposed to be going to my great-uncle's house today to pick up copies of his latest family history book. He said to call before I come.

But that was yesterday before grandma's stroke (great-uncle is her younger brother) and now I don't know if I can call without crying. Or stop by without crying.

I've been crying a lot today. Which is fine, I feel like crying is a healthy part of grieving. But I like to do my crying alone, I don't want anyone to see or hear me crying.

And how do you pick up books from a relative who is also grieving and not hug them? But we can't hug elderly relatives right now. 

I wouldn't wish away emotions but they sure do complicate life sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I lied about the salad.   I"m having a chicken quesadilla.   I just cleaned my kitchen more than it's been cleaned in probably 10 years.    Scrubbed everything.  Pulled out everything.  Empty out everything.   Now I'm very very sore.   

You deserve all the trophies!!!

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

• Like 4

Is this really a thing? That works? How often/ much?

Yes.  For crazy people and my mom.  I have actually found it to work in the rare instances that I have foot cramps in the night.  Drink a couple sips when you are having a cramp.  It doesn't seem to do anything when taken as a preventative.

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ah. Don't think this will work for me then. They happen mostly in the middle of the night and our bedrooms are upstairs and kitchen is downstairs. Standing ( much less walking) ain't happening in the midst of these cramps. My entire calf will seize up and I'm not kidding when I say it's hard as stone and makes me think the muscle might snap. Very painful. Sometimes I can feel when it's coming but others I literally have to wait out and try not to cry and then my leg feels bruises for days after.

This sounds like a job for your dh.  He can walk to the kitchen in the middle of the night.  (I sometimes send my dh to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get an icepack for a migraine or a heating pad for arthritis pain.)  While he doesn't like getting up, he actually does seem to appreciate that there is actually something he can do to help me feel better.

Actually, a heating pad might help your cramps.  And maybe a hot shower (or bath?).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

It's also dh and my 29th anniversary!  Dh is making quiche for breakfast and I can smell bacon.

I have a Skype mandolin lesson this afternoon.  I'm a little nervous about it.

Coffee!

Happy Nanniversary! 🎉

Good luck at your lesson!  

• Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩

we have our first in-person staff meeting since the Apocalypse. I’m looking forward to it because I really like the people I work with. And there’s food.(I made the Southern Living magazine breakfast bake and cinnamon rolls. I was only supposed to bring one thing, but I was in a baking mood, so I made make-ahead cinnamon rolls. You make them the night before and they rise in the fridge and you bake them in the morning).  And we can bring our kids. This afternoon is our school’s virtual graduation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩

we have our first in-person staff meeting since the Apocalypse. I’m looking forward to it because I really like the people I work with. And there’s food.(I made the Southern Living magazine breakfast bake and cinnamon rolls. I was only supposed to bring one thing, but I was in a baking mood, so I made make-ahead cinnamon rolls. You make them the night before and they rise in the fridge and you bake them in the morning).  And we can bring our kids. This afternoon is our school’s virtual graduation.

Now I want cinnamon rolls!!! 😍😍😍

• Like 2

Ah. Don't think this will work for me then. They happen mostly in the middle of the night and our bedrooms are upstairs and kitchen is downstairs. Standing ( much less walking) ain't happening in the midst of these cramps. My entire calf will seize up and I'm not kidding when I say it's hard as stone and makes me think the muscle might snap. Very painful. Sometimes I can feel when it's coming but others I literally have to wait out and try not to cry and then my leg feels bruises for days after.

I'm not caught up on all the posts so maybe someone said this already, but are you doing epsom salt baths or foot soaks and/or taking a quality magnesium supplement? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Renai said:

I was just talking to my daughter about diapers yesterday. She says she doesn't have time for cloth, so I reminded her to get plain disposables with nothing extra added. Both she and Gymnast broke out in rashes with aloe vera, fragrance, vitamin E, you-name-it. She remembered to get plain wipes. 🙂 

I guess I should get granddaughter stuff.

I don't remember if I said congratulations. But I'm so excited for you. 🥰

• Like 3

Morning. I need caffeine. 

We are waiting on the tropical storm to whirl in here a little later, and the boy is terrified it will blow the corn down. I reminded him that the corn patch being blown down always happens. You just straighten them up afterwards and they tend to recover. He wasn't thrilled with my words of wisdom. I need to run out and finish a few garden things before the rain gets here too.

Other than that, I'm writing. Always writing. I feel that I need to look like Roz from Monster's Inc. when I say that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

This sounds like a job for your dh.  He can walk to the kitchen in the middle of the night.  (I sometimes send my dh to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get an icepack for a migraine or a heating pad for arthritis pain.)  While he doesn't like getting up, he actually does seem to appreciate that there is actually something he can do to help me feel better.

Actually, a heating pad might help your cramps.  And maybe a hot shower (or bath?).

A warm bath with epsom salts before bed might help prevent them?

Afternoon.  I'm back to not posting when I first get up for reasons.  

I'm having a big salad for lunch because all those carbs and few vegetables yesterday upset my tummy.   (I won't say what it did to the scale).   Met dd for workout, need to finish up some minor things in the kitchen, then possibly straighten the living room and dd's room today.   Dh and kids should be coming home tomorrow.

• Like 2