Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning!

(((Slachey))) doing better this morning?

Hope you can find a good solution for ds, Maize!

I woke up too early because I had to go potty but didn't want to get out of bed because cold!  We are going for a hike this morning at a local park.  It will be the first actual hike in my new hiking shoes, which I wear almost every day.  I might head over to Hobby Lobby or Joann's later to look for some craft supplies - I have a "flexible Advent calendar" plan swirling in my brain.  I'm making myself some oat/cottage cheese pancakes for breakfast.  So yummy!

Coffee!

Belated Booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Good morning!  I am at work, and have ds and dgs9 in tow.  Probably will stop for tomato sauce on the way home.  We're making chili.  Dh will cook the beans for.it while I'm gone.  No other big plans today.  DD needs to work on school assignments while dh is home today.

• Like 4

Good morning! We did the grocery getting, and now I'm on the couch recovering. I waddle like a duck, and I have people making comments like, "Wow, you're going to pop any day now, huh?" It's really fun to see their faces when I tell them nope, two more months. I'll have to post a belly pic one of these days. I get almost planetary in tue third trimester, lol.

My last labs came back fine, except for a low platelet count. All my negative symptoms went away when I started the iron supplement and chlorophyll. Except for my size and the accompanying aches from it, I really feel good now. 

Mom's condition hasn't changed. Dad is doing better, but it's taking him longer than expected to recover from his surgery. I guess he thought that it wasn't "real" surgery because they went in through a vein in his leg instead of cutting into his abdomen, so he's annoyed by how tired he still is. All of us have finally recovered from our colds.

Here's hoping for a wonderful weekend for all of us! 

• Like 9

Coffee this morning was McDonalds - will have to do better tomorrow!  Swim meet is fun. Times are okay, but not great because beginning of the season and we’re older. Or something. She’s swimming the 500free for the first time in a bit. Svengo!  😜😬😊

• Like 6

I have been forcing myself to stay awake just a little bit longer...

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out before naptime.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!! Slept in!! It felt nice. Today I need to clean house and fold laundry. This afternoon we have a staff social which should be fun. It’s for families.  I’m just moving slowly this morning, which is fine.

Lynn, I have McDonald’s COFFEE!!!~D every morning. I just make it in my own coffee maker. I like McDonald’s COFFEE!!!!!~D

• Like 5

We're home from work.  Stopped by and picked up a few grocery items and Burger King.  Dh is putting together my server to use as a coffee station.  

• Like 4

We are back from the hike.  It ended up being a little over 3 miles instead of 2 because dd13 wanted to go to the lake dock area and give a dead dragonfly a Viking funeral on a walnut shell boat.  My new hiking shoes made the balls of my feet feel like they were going to crack apart.  Might have been too tight.  We got home and I banished the goat and ate lunch.  Imma 'bout to leave for the craft store.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We are back from the hike.  It ended up being a little over 3 miles instead of 2 because dd13 wanted to go to the lake dock area and give a dead dragonfly a Viking funeral on a walnut shell boat.  My new hiking shoes made the balls of my feet feel like they were going to crack apart.  Might have been too tight.  We got home and I banished the goat and ate lunch.  Imma 'bout to leave for the craft store.

I hope you didn't set the forest on fire!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday!  I slept in a little bit today, just until shortly before 9am.   The guy came over to fix the roof from what was leaking just after 9.  Looks like it was a problem due to the skylight.  

We are joining a gym right near dd's TKD so we can drag ds there whenever dd is at TKD, which is 3-4 days a week.  He's putting on too much weight and doesn't get enough exercise, so hopefully this will help.  We ran by there today for dd and dh to see the place and ask some questions and then couldn't sign up because I forgot I needed to have bank account numbers not just a debit card.  So I did my membership online and I'll bring ds on Monday and do his.  Ds is actually going to get the big membership that allows guests, I'm getting a cheaper membership that doesn't, and dh will be ds's guest when he comes.  Dd wouldn't go too much anyway, but they won't allow her until she's 13.    I hope this works out for all of us.  

Then I ran to Target because dd's shirt got wet at the science center yesterday and she was standing there in her cami/sports bra style bra and I realized she was still wearing a kid's size and she really needed bigger ones.  She thought they were fine but they weren't staying where they were supposed to be.   And I decided I was going to buy all new nice underwear and get rid of all the old, stretched out, frayed stuff.   

Then I went to BJ's for science center stuff and a few things for home.  

Then I set up a subscribe & save order for paper towels on Amazon.  I try to use hand towels when I can but I still go through a TON of  paper towels.   Amazon is slightly cheaper than any place else.  

Can anyone give me a good reason for paper towel pricing and sizes?    There's the Regular roll, then the Big roll, and the Mega roll, and the Super roll, the Double roll,  the Gigantic roll, the Huge roll and the Triple Roll.   And the big ones relate to the Regular rolls in all different ways that aren't even nice round numbers but things like 1.83 times the regular roll and the pricing is all over the place.   I expect things to be a little goofy trying to price compare between brands but that's ALL ONE BRAND.  I can't even stand there in the grocery store looking at the packages, looking at the unit prices and figure out what the best deal is.  It's ridiculous! 

• Like 5

Subscribe and save is wonderful for paper towels.

Making roll sizes hard to compare is intentional I am sure.

• Like 5

My dad has an accidental pet cat. Neighbors moved and left it behind.

We don't use paper towels or napkins. I think we just couldn't afford them for so long we got used to not having them.

• Like 5

Ok. This is the first time I dared to venture into this thread because of course it says, "IGNORE!" But I can't! So someone please explain this thread's purpose to me and if I'm REALLY supposed to ignore it. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ok. This is the first time I dared to venture into this thread because of course it says, "IGNORE!" But I can't! So someone please explain this thread's purpose to me and if I'm REALLY supposed to ignore it. 😀

Welcome!

The thread started out as something else and then the person had her question answered and changed the title to Ignore This Thread.  There are *ahem* some people who can't follow the rules and refused to ignore.  It has morphed over the three years! that it's been going.  Now it is basically a group of homeschoolers who check in every day (or so) and we've become good friends.  We post about whatever is going on in our lives, whether it relates to homeschool or not.

Everyone is welcome, although we do have a couple of rules.  The main rule is that this is A Happy Place where no one puts anyone else down.  :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Junie said:

Welcome!

The thread started out as something else and then the person had her question answered and changed the title to Ignore This Thread.  There are *ahem* some people who can't follow the rules and refused to ignore.  It has morphed over the three years! that it's been going.  Now it is basically a group of homeschoolers who check in every day (or so) and we've become good friends.  We post about whatever is going on in our lives, whether it relates to homeschool or not.

Everyone is welcome, although we do have a couple of rules.  The main rule is that this is A Happy Place where no one puts anyone else down.  🙂

Thanks! I didn't want to intrude but when I saw the post about a macaw possibly being good eating, I couldn't stop laughing! We eat our share of wild game but that's one I haven't heard of.... And now I have! 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I am trying not to eat the chocolate bar that dh brought me when he stopped at the grocery store earlier today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We have got to be more than three years old! Alex was conceived in this thread and he has turned three already.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have a headache.  I can't math when I have a headache.

Maybe I should eat my chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Junie said:

I have a headache.  I can't math when I have a headache.

Maybe I should eat my chocolate.

Hold strong!

• Like 4

I ventured out with DD, ds, and dgs.  We went to Five Below, Ross, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, and the mall.  Found everything we needed.  Plus I used my Bath and Body Works coupon to stock up on hand soaps.  Then we went to the itty bitty ASFA, but they had neither item DD wanted.  So we bought popcorn, Doritos, and energy drinks.  

Now I'm washing a load of laundry, since dgs didn't bring a change of clothes (we brought him home after meeting them at the ballgame).

I am ready for a bubble bath.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hold strong!

I ate chocolate chip cookies instead.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I am trying not to eat the chocolate bar that dh brought me when he stopped at the grocery store earlier today.

I'd encourage your willpower, but sugary goodness in the form of chocolate when I'm sleep deprived by my youngest (who's cutting 2 teeth) doesn't stand a chance. The only thing better than chocolate right now is coffee. 😍

• Like 7

I went to Costco, WalMart, Sports Clips where Scotsman (my husband so Servant isn’t confused) and Captain had haircuts. Scotsman always insists he doesn’t need one— until it’s done and a pile of silver hair is all over the floor. No worries about becoming Captain Picard for him! 

Captain was so tired by the end of WalMart that he fell asleep on the cart.

22031399-F774-45A7-B336-EDD1AD8DD501.jpeg

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, maize said:

What do you like about T4L?

I'm wondering if I should look into it. My 14 year old tends to respond better to stuff on a screen.

What I remember most about it is signing up Son 2 for the middle school back in 2014, and him learning and enjoying it a lot. 
I’m hoping that experience will be repeated for my other kids. I will have to let you know more after we use it for a bit.

It is easy to try it out and see. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me too!

Welcome!  

So another thing is that we often award "thank you trophies" to say congratulations or good job.

Haikus, poetry, and musical numbers are encouraged.

Also there is a strict rule against ITTers dying.  

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Welcome!

Everyone is welcome, although we do have a couple of rules.  The main rule is that this is A Happy Place where no one puts anyone else down.  🙂

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thanks! I didn't want to intrude but when I saw the post about a macaw possibly being good eating, I couldn't stop laughing! We eat our share of wild game but that's one I haven't heard of.... And now I have! 😂

Very good introduction, Junie,

And yes, Servant, you are more than welcome to stay and play. We are always happy for new people to stop by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, maize said:

Has anyone introduced Servant4Christ to The Island yet?

I don’t think so. Would you like to do the honors?

• Like 2

We are back from our little shindig by the river. It was fun. Hot dogs and chili and s’mores. I work with good people. I like them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me too!

Also, we put Booya at the top of every page. People who are wrong but Booyah. You don't want to be wrong, do you?

-Original Booya Babe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Also, we put Booya at the top of every page. People who are wrong but Booyah. You don't want to be wrong, do you?

-Original Booya Babe

Boueauyaient I think would be the proper French spelling...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, maize said:

Boueauyaient I think would be the proper French spelling...

Prolly.

• Like 1

I forgot to tell y'all!  Today, at the mall, there was a couple who each had a snake wrapped around their arm, carrying them around.  The guy's was a ball python.  I figure the woman's was, also, but didn't ask.  We talked for a while, and the kids touched the python.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I need a face of fear for that one, Blessings. I’m in the camp of security should have approached them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Now I have to fold laundry and make my bed. Ugh. But I do like clean sheets.

I had to do this tonight, too. Captain had an accident while on our bed. Blech! 

my kids do not understand that bedtime means sleep, not come into my room every 15 mins until midnight! 

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I had to do this tonight, too. Captain had an accident while on our bed. Blech! 

my kids do not understand that bedtime means sleep, not come into my room every 15 mins until midnight! 

If you keep a squirt gun by your bed and just continue to shoot them every time they try to come in then eventually they will stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You lost me with the island comment. Did it have something to do with the booyah thing? Sorry, but I'm running on fumes with maybe 5hrs of sleep for the last 4 nights in a row now and there just isn't enough coffee to make my brain function properly this morning.

I will say that when I logged in and saw 7 notifications I felt a little like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Somehow my headache found me again while I was sleeping.  😞  Not sure if I'll make it to church.  I might have to settle for First Baptist Church of the Livestream again.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I need a face of fear for that one, Blessings. I’m in the camp of security should have approached them. 

I never feared snakes until a boa constrictor (which had always previously been perfectly docile with me) wrapped itself around my neck and made me see stars Jungle Book style. I now have a very healthy respect/fear of them aka: I avoid them like the plague.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1