Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey - that’s 2 whole weeks of exercise !

Imma write this down. 

Me neither. I thought it was because my kids were not good nursers. One person told me she lost her weight as soon as she stopped nursing, but that didn’t happen either. 

On a related note, yesterday I wore  size small hiking pants and shirt.  A year ago I was 210 pounds and sometimes able to fit into XL. 

I don't know if I'll lose weight when I stop nursing, I've never been in that situation.

(OK, I have stopped halfway through some of my pregnancies but I was pregnant so that doesn't count as a weight loss experiment). I've probably been nursing for close to sixteen years cumulatively at this point...

I am kind of contemplating weaning ds3; it has to happen sometime right? I'm bad at weaning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well.... I have nothing to say. I watched a Christmas movie I enjoyed. Thanks to Angi, I feel the freedom to watch Christmas movies in May. I need to go read another book. I am jamming on my Reading Challenge for this year. Last year I read 19 books the whole year. Here it is mid-May and I’ve already read 13.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Ellie said:

From the moment you begin giving him something else to eat or drink, you are weaning. 🙂

By that definition I've been weaning kids for 16 years 😄 you'd think I'd have figured it out by now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey - that’s 2 whole weeks of exercise !

Imma write this down. 

Me neither. I thought it was because my kids were not good nursers. One person told me she lost her weight as soon as she stopped nursing, but that didn’t happen either. 

On a related note, yesterday I wore  size small hiking pants and shirt.  A year ago I was 210 pounds and sometimes able to fit into XL. 

Congratulations!  I can't imagine the hard work that accomplished that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone! Happy Tea Day! 

Spud, I wish I had some amazing advice for you. In-laws (or parents in general) can be so hard. Perhaps you could set some really stringent rules due to the pandemic? Changing clothes, showering, masking, etc? That way you aren't actually limiting them, but it would make it less appealing to visit. I don't know all the details of your situation, so that may be worthless, but it was the only thing that came to mind when I read your post. (((Spud)))

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  !  Lynn, I need to go to the store to, come to think of it.  I need to get whatever I'm taking to ds35's house Saturday.

I need to go to the store, too.  I have about a tablespoon of half-and-half left. That constitutes an emergency.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Morning, Happy Thursday.    I'm doing much better with days of the week but still pretty bad with dates.   I saw something on Facebook about something being closed on Memorial Day and thought "why are they posting that already, Memorial Day is months away".   Except, of course......

Dh should be coming home tonight or tomorrow.  His mother is doing much better (after thinking that this might be the end, she was adamantly refusing to go to the ER when dh was very concerned).    

I've been trying to decide if I want to skip my workout with dd today.  Pollen is awful and concern about the possible shin splints.   But I could still go and just do stuff inside rather than walking.  Which would be the more responsible thing to do.  

• Like 3

I survived the AFSA. 

Spuds, I am pro-mom gets to decide who, when and for how long and does not need to explain her preferences. Postpartum preferences are very personal and should not need to be explained to anyone. Nor should anyone else’s preferences be considered. Full stop. Give them my number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

My MIL decided to come visit several times between when the baby comes and her originally scheduled trip. I had Matt tell her no because of the plague. She's a school nurse. She's actually hinted several times that we're going to discuss her plans to move in with us when she gets down here.

I don't mind visitors at all if I like the person. I don't mind people taking the baby and not helping. I know people think it's exciting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

She's actually hinted several times that we're going to discuss her plans to move in with us when she gets down here.

Uh, what is it about clap clap clap clap that she doesn't understand?!? 😄   Maybe she should join our campfire sing-along and we can 'splain it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are home.  I have banished the Seven Levels of Goat.  Laundry is going.  Dishwasher is going.  Tents and tarps are airing out.  Camelbacks and water filter are disinfected.  Daypacks are emptied and put away.  The rest of the stuff will get sorted and put away once the laundry and dishwasher are done.  Dh will get Chinese take-out for dinner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Hey! I need that great quote from Lynn about how she had a kid freewrite for a year and it was like the best year ever. Anyone know where that is?

I should probably qualify "best year ever."  I think that's a Slache paraphrase for "only year that didn't writing was not a complete failure."  🤣  So I don't have a quote of what I said before, but basically after trying every writing curricula known to homeschool moms and throwing them all against the wall, I told him he had to write something everyday - a paragraph to a page.  I told him if he couldn't think of a topic, I had a list he could choose from.  He wrote everyday (it was a long time ago, but I'm guessing that was 4 days/week).  We did not edit them.  I'm not even sure I read all of them.  But I think we made more progress doing that than many other things we tried.  That was probably around 6th grade?   

• Like 3

Today was busy.  Dd and I tried a different walking route that didn't have the big hill at the beginning and it went better.  Still stopped to rest/stretch but much better and no weak feeling.   We also talked about doing a shorter warm-up walk and adding some strength training stuff.  So I have to see if I can buy a resistance band.  

I'm giving away my dissection specimens because by the time I can use them they won't be good.   So I hung around for people to pick up.   

Then younger dd had TKD at the science center by zoom.   

Then, with dh still away I had to make dinner.  Was supposed to be pulled pork (bbq sandwich for me) but what dh said was pulled pork is evidently meatloaf.  So meatloaf and broccoli it is.   Then I thought dd only ate the broccoli stalks.  But I had it backwards, she only eats the heads, it's asparagus that she only eats the stalks.   This cooking dinner stuff is hard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ugh. All the books I keep looking up are sooo sad. Abused children, orphan children, neglected children.... one-parent families due to death or abandonment seems to be pretty regular, too. Seems like the eras in and of themselves are sad enough. Were two-parent, loving homes really THAT rare?

I don't believe they were rare.  I just think people thought they weren't interesting enough to write about.

I think it's kind of like all of the Disney princesses having tragic backstories...

• Like 4

So, I am reading this book (Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson) about a gal who is a nanny to two children who spontaneously combust when they get stressed. It was on several “Best of 2019” lists, which was the category I was looking to fill  for my reading challenge. It really isn’t that great a book. It’s written like the author is trying to “push the envelope” just to get attention. I hate that. I will finish it because I am already half way through and it’s a pretty easy read and I’m trying to beat my 2018 Reading Challenge number, but.... that’s all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Morning! I didn't realize until yesterday that this will be Memorial weekend. How did I miss that? I look at the wall calendar at least 3 times a day and it's clearly there. 

Me too.  I've been thinking it's a month or so away.  I realize that makes no sense....

• Like 4

Morning.  It's Friday!   I am sooo tired.  Serious insomnia last night and I'm not sure why.  I felt itchy and twitchy.  Maybe from all the pollen out there.  But I did take a shower before bed which usually solves that.   Stayed up late (not unusual these days), went to bed around 1am.  Lied there until about 3am.  Got up again.  Sat up until 4:30am.  Tried again.  Sort of slept until 8am.   It's going to be a really long day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

It's 34* at the Grand Canyon and we should be breaking camp and heading for Route 66.  I made my kids learn "Take It Easy" by the Eagles for today when we would stand on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.  😄  Nevertheless I woke up with the birds and then went back to sleep.

We have a bit more cleaning up and organization to do.  Otherwise nothing.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!

School and work.

I’m feeling a bit blue and out of sorts. This is the first year in five years we haven’t gone to Memorial Day Family Camp.😢 We have been studying Memorial Day, though. Beautiful Feet came out with a Memorial Day pack and we’ve been going through that. Not all the books have arrived yet (they were sold out of the pack, but I downloaded the study guide and bought the books separately.  They are all picture books,  but they are really well chosen. 

• Like 3

Guess what guess what?

I have done the following today with little to no coughing:

• Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.
  • Cleaned the sink.
  • Brought laundry down and started it and then brought the hamper back upstairs.
  • Read a chapter of a book aloud.
  • Moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

I'm getting better! 🎉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Teen boy refuses to do the day’s math lesson.  Teen boy’s attitude after being told he must do the math results in loss of computer privileges for a week.  Teen boy escalates, resulting in a month of no computer.  Teen boy comes in the room a minute later and says he will do his math in return for reinstatement if computer privileges.  Teen boy is informed that this will not be happening and that his proposed resolution is exactly what the situation would have been if he had just done the math in the first place.  Teen boy capitulates and does the math.  It takes less than half an hour. Lesson learned?  

Stay tuned upcoming segments of These Days of Our Quarantined Lives!

presented by ITT

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Not meeting with dd to work out today.   She asked to skip because she has a bad headache.  It's just as well since lack of sleep, plus my one shin is hurting, plus dh is home (Yippee!!!! on that last part).   Now I just have to do well with controlling what I eat just sitting at home doing much of nothing.   I'm tracking using WW points (although I didn't join, I have the old books and figured out how to calculate new points) and have been doing well for the two days I've been tracking.   

• Like 5