Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.   Today is Algebra, workout, TKD so my "busy" day.   It looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day so workout will be a walk again.   Yesterday my lower legs were really bothering me while walking (it's hilly) so I think I need to get back to doing a yoga "warm-up" before walking.   Hopefully that will help and it's not some other issue.

I've decided to just do my own thing for World History.   We're wrapping up ancients using History Odyssey but after that I'm just going to having the kids read the section of our encyclopedias (Usborne and Kingfisher), do an outline by topic, read some other books, do some maps, update our timelines (one wall and one book).  I want to finish up to Early Modern and then primarily do US.   US I actually ordered the clearance American History teachers guide from Pandia Press and I'm going to go from there.   My kids are older though - we're talking high school.

ETA:  Hey!  Another booya, this time a history one.  I'm clearly doing too many Edpos if I get two Edpo booyas in a row.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Good morning, ITT.

Has anyone here figured out how to shove an extra six or seven hours into the day? I promise to use at least two of those hours for sleep, if you'll share the secret! Really though, 24 hours simply isn't enough. 

Yes. I solved this problem a long time ago:  stop cleaning and cooking. You’re welcome. 😊

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Win of the day: Tricked DS into addressing his own writing prompt. (He created a demerit system for parents.) It's a list rather than an essay, but he enumerated infractions, their consequences, how to earn points back, and rewards. Then I thanked him for completing his assignment. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday and today about half way through my walk with dd my lower legs felt weak and achy.   It was worse walking on the flat high school track than it was walking on the road that varied.  Both times I sat for 5 minutes or so stretching and was fine after, still achy but a more normal achy.    We walk about 2 1/2 miles, starting with a pretty steep hill.  Google suggests peripheral artery disease but why would that start suddenly when I've been exercising almost every day (5-6 days a week) doing this same route?    I do have high cholesterol, found for the first time right before all this started and I was supposed to go in June to get rechecked.   And probably haven't been as good as I should be in improving my diet, but it hasn't gotten any worse either (especially not compared to Christmas).    I'm wondering if not enough oxygen because of all the pollen when I have allergy induced asthma, but other than that initial hill to start, I don't generally feel short of breath while walking.  We are pretty much talking the entire time.  

Wondering how much I should be worried.  it's only happened two days so far.  My doctor isn't open but could probably send a message.   

Oh, and I did use my pulse oximeter to compare readings between my fingers and my toes while sitting at home.  Both readings were essentially the same.  

• Sad 1

I agree with going with Notgrass. Take a look at all the different conflicting stories as a side not, if you want. Rabbit trails are fun when you have the time and energy to squeeze them in. Overall, though, you want something that you can pick up and do when you need to. You don’t want your kids to be doing math and you are scrambling with a crying baby on your arm to throw something together for history.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

The story of Pocahontas. I was looking at a review of the historical fiction book Poison in the Colony that said the book is wonderful and debunks the romanticized story that many believe. This made me curious, so I read the sample lesson from Notgrass, looked it up in our encyclopedia, and googled the conflicting stories. I think the truth lies somewhere in between based on what I remember of how native Americans were thought of and treated at the time.

Sorry, I'll stop EdPoing now. I really didn't mean to. I was just sort of venting/worrying. I think I'm always this way when it comes to changes in curriculum because I don't want to make a mistake. I tend to stress. And it's very much magnified while pregnant.

Sounds like an opportunity for good discussion during the lesson.

• Like 3

This week is our big audit week.  It is not as much fun doing a remote audit, and I have no down time like during the in-person audits. I hate remote audits.  And people who can’t get their mic working without feedback.  And people who ask for documents already provided.   And opinionated people.  And everyone who is not on this thread. Yup, today I’m in a mood.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I would say that I'm not in the car, but I actually turned back and I'm now back in the car with the AC. Everyone else is on a walk.

Further assistance:  Stay in the car.  Walking in 100 degree heat is butt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

No you

Yay me.

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Slache cheered me up

BOOYAH!

Hey!

Just now, Susan in TN said:

This is true. Also, I pee’d in the forest. I’m pretty sure I’m getting too old for that nonsense. 

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1