Menu

Ignore this thread!

29 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

But that *is* how to make coffee.

Prepare ground coffee with water according to coffee maker instructions.

Add either A, 3 parts whole milk for every 4 parts coffee + 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar,

or B, just 1 tablespoon of sugar + 1 part caramel almond milk creamer + 1 part plain unsweetened almond milk to 1 part coffee.

Whipped cream on top is for special occasions, such as having in your household any creature that required your attention between midnight and 6 AM.

That is how to coffee.   #yourewelcome

High five, WH. Of course, I would swap out the caramel almond creamer for peppermint mocha creamer at Christmas time.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don’t know that I would’ve noticed that My Side of the Mountain takes place in the 50s bc he spends so much time out of society. Both are great books, though. 

Just an aside, but I so badly wanted to be the boy in My Side of the Mountain. Not the girl in the sequel, though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Which should I get for Oldest to represent the 1950s? Gone-Away Lake or My Side of the Mountain? He'll be 11 when he reads it, if that helps.

My Side of the Mountain was my brother's favorite book at about that age. I've read it and it is good.

Haven't read Gone Away Lake so can't comment on that one.

• Like 1

I love coffee. I’ve been drinking it since I was 12.  I used to drink it black, high-octane.  Then I got pregnant, went off it for pregnancy and early months of nursing, and couldn’t stomach it without milk or cream thereafter.  Just now able to drink it black again; DS is 13.  I prefer it now with heavy cream, but the extra lbs that adds has me limiting my use of cream.

Tea upsets my stomach.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I live. I have writing planned for today and some cooking because the refrigerator is pretty bare of leftovers. Hoping we can get what we need this week. If not, will make do with what we get.

I have decided that June is going to be relaxing if it kills me. This month has been way too hectic.

Remember the rules!  

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning 😊. !  

It took me a long time to actually LIKE coffee, except when my granny would make it with mostly milk and sugar for me.  But now I want it every morning.  Two cups.  However, I am now at half-caff.  I just like the warm cup of something satisfying.  And now I put bone broth in the first cup, so that protein helps me even more.  The kids drink it, too, but not every morning, and none of us after the morning.

We drink half-caff too.  

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Thank you!  ❤️ Got 'em packed. 2 coolers and 7 boxes of food ready to go. Now if everyone would stop pestering me I could banish the goat!

Sigh.

Impressive!

3 hours ago, lulalu said:

We have black tea. That is what I drank today. I like black tea, but I LOVE coffee. It will suffice for a few days. 

Yay for Plan B!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

JEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! 
Stop social distancing us!  
I'm sorry for being so annoying!  
I will try to do better!

Please Jean!  I have my mask standing by for your return.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's about time to go.  Cue rain.  I will try to check in when I have service.  Be back Thursday night.

Have fun storming the castle!

4 hours ago, Spudater said:

Still pregnant. Woke up three or four times in the night with a really hard contraction that got my hopes up but no dice. 

Come on Baby!  Stop playing around!  ITT aunties want to see you.  ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday, we have TV church again.😩 I have really had it with TV church.

The girls came in around 11:30. Open air sleeping just wasn’t working for them!!

Three of us went to real church this morning.  It was wonderful!  Do you know when you get to go back?

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I love coffee. I’ve been drinking it since I was 12.  I used to drink it black, high-octane.  Then I got pregnant, went off it for pregnancy and early months of nursing, and couldn’t stomach it without milk or cream thereafter.  Just now able to drink it black again; DS is 13.  I prefer it now with heavy cream, but the extra lbs that adds has me limiting my use of cream.

Tea upsets my stomach.

I started drinking black coffee when I began high school, so 14. Many years ago now... 

Started drinking black tea during the years I've lived in central Asia and the middle east. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Three of us went to real church this morning.  It was wonderful!  Do you know when you get to go back?

I have no idea when The People’s Republic of California is going to open up.  Dear Governor wants to make sure we are really super safe.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

Hey there, PH!!! Welcome. We’d love to have you stay and play!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

Thanks for the hello!

Always room for one more!  Welcome!  

• Like 1

Do you guys ever watch those animal rescue videos on FB? The Dodo? I’ve been watching them more aNd more. They are so sweet and I just love it when they drag this ratty old cat or dog from a drain pipe somewhere and three minutes later they are fat and fluffy and sleeping on somebody’s couch. They make me feel good.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Poison, as a long-time lurker, where do you stand on the topic of Booya/h?  Be careful how you answer.  It means everything.  (And nothing 😆😉)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

I am the originator of the Booya. It is used when you accomplish something and since we used to race to the top of the page getting the first post was considered an accomplishment and people would post Booya. AMJ began misspelling it around page 80 and many others followed suit. Please post Booya in any post you feel is appropriate.

-Original Booya Babe

• Like 1

Thank you both for the explanations. I love it when things make sense! Now that I know the full story, I can say that I am firmly in the Booya/h group. I think both spellings are excellent, so I will use both simultaneously! 

Ikslo, I am always on my phone, so I don't see signatures either. I'm not even sure if I have one, but it's probability wrong if I do. I homeschool my DS, and we're finishing up 5th grade in two weeks. I also live in my mom's house (no basement), but since my husband and I bought it three years ago, it's not hers anymore. 😉

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

@whitehawk I agree to follow that very important rule. I definitely don't want to incite the wrath of the Elephant Ninja Brigade. That sounds VERY scary! 

Some kind of green soup sounds strangely tasty at the moment. Even if the name is unspeakable. 

Here's one, but it's Caribbean.

I didn't work out with dd today.   I (theoretically) was catching up on cleaning and setting up homeschool stuff.  I got to refresh my memory on Algebra 2, completing the square.

ETA:  Oh look!  I got the booya.  However did that happen?!?  😇

An Algebra 2 booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Dh is heading back down to his mom's tomorrow.  She's in the hospital.  CHF again with fluid retention.  He can't visit in the hospital so he didn't rush down when she went in yesterday, but he wants to be there when she comes home.    He can work at home from her house as easily as he can from home, so no biggie for work.   It mainly just means I have to cook dinner while he's gone, which means I need to go to the grocery store.  I don't think I've been in a grocery store since mid-March.  It's going to be weird. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Spudater said:

I’m pretty sure they invented their spelling rules just to mess with the Brits. 

Very plausible theory!

"I know just how to mess with their heads! Let's use mh to spell the sound 'w'--except when we'd rather use it to spell the sound 'v' 😜"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

Ugh. 

I don’t know if my round ligaments will take it. 

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

But you're wrong so often.  😉

Spud, does your baby's name end with an h?  It should. 

Team #h

• Like 1
  • Haha 2