Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, I never finished the series. I think I watched definitely the first two seasons, maybe the third. I don’t remember. It just goes with my theory that good shows last 3-4 seasons and then.... they’re worthless. 

Supernatural.   It was ending this year after 15 years.  Of course, they had to put the last 4 or 5 episodes on hold so we are waiiiitittttttiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg.

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Except The Simpsons.

I like the Simpsons.  I was a regular watcher for the first 20 seasons or so.   One of my oldest daughters first words was "D'oh".  😁  I still watch it on rare occasions when flipping through channels.   I may watch some now that we have Disney +.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Then there's Firefly that was so amazing and then incomprehensibly cancelled after 1 season.. 

Unfortunately this is a way more common scenario.   There are more great shows cancelled too soon than mediocre shows going too long. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get my washer working--made harder by the fact that the dryer was stacked on top and they live crammed right next to the water heater in a closet.

The problem was slow draining, I've cleaned out the hose, removed the back, and cleaned out the coin trap. Running a cleaning cycle now, fingers crossed that it works.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maize said:

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get my washer working--made harder by the fact that the dryer was stacked on top and they live crammed right next to the water heater in a closet.

The problem was slow draining, I've cleaned out the hose, removed the back, and cleaned out the coin trap. Running a cleaning cycle now, fingers crossed that it works.

The awkwardness of doing repairs on a stacked washer/dryer makes me wonder if the convenience is worth it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Slache said:

Watch the blipies after the credits. They can be importante.

Mr. Ellie and I are almost always the last ones out of the theater, because we are watching the credits until the very bitter end. We do it at home, too, even when we've watched a movie elebenty times, because you just never know...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, I never finished the series. I think I watched definitely the first two seasons, maybe the third. I don’t remember. It just goes with my theory that good shows last 3-4 seasons and then.... they’re worthless. 

Star Trek Voyager got a second breath when Seven of Nine joined the cast at the end of Season 3. There were four great seasons after that. FYI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Where  ya going?

Camping at a state park.  I haven't been there since dd17 was a toddler.  It's a nice place.  Has the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi (Fall Creek Falls)  and lots of nice hiking.  We're going to make a day of hiking the Virgin Falls trail if the rain holds off.

• Like 3

I finished chapter 2 of the biography of Calvin Coolidge I am reading. You know, it is interesting reading presidential biographies. So many of them had such different upbringings. Coolidge was a fascinating man.  But I also find the times in which he lived to be interesting.... the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee's almost gone.  Get it while you can.

We are all OUT of coffee here. And our stores are closed through Wednesday.

DS told me this morning (1st day with no coffee) that this will be good, I need coffee too much. 😂😭 I told him he has no idea how much I love coffee. On top of the fact it is Ramadan and so I wake up in the early early morning because we have a drummer waking everyone up. So I really need my coffee. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, lulalu said:

We are all OUT of coffee here. And our stores are closed through Wednesday.

DS told me this morning (1st day with no coffee) that this will be good, I need coffee too much. 😂😭 I told him he has no idea how much I love coffee. On top of the fact it is Ramadan and so I wake up in the early early morning because we have a drummer waking everyone up. So I really need my coffee. 

Do you have Advil or Ibuprofen?  You will probably need it for the headache you'll likely have.  Unless you have other sources of caffeine.  (((lulalu)))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

My whole right arm is sore.  I think I must have slept on it.

Our church is re-opening today, but we are staying home and watching online.

We have some zucchini in the house, so I think dh is planning to make fried zucchini to go with our pasta that we have every Sunday for lunch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Nobody drinks coffee here.  I think there's something wrong with us.

If you don't like it or need it, no need to regret that!  I would be fine switching to decaf (gradually, of course), but it would require two coffee pots.  But I do like starting the day with a hot mug and for some reason coffee is more satisfying than tea.    

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

If you don't like it or need it, no need to regret that!  I would be fine switching to decaf (gradually, of course), but it would require two coffee pots.  But I do like starting the day with a hot mug and for some reason coffee is more satisfying than tea.    

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Our (newish) pastor loves coffee and had a free coffee bar set up at church.  I tried it twice -- my only two cups of coffee since I've been married -- but it just isn't my thing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Junie said:

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Same.

I remember the smell at my great-grandmother's house of coffee perking and toast. It is a warm fuzzy memory smell for me. 🙂 But I don't wanna drink that stuff unless it comes with cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Junie said:

Our (newish) pastor loves coffee and had a free coffee bar set up at church.  I tried it twice -- my only two cups of coffee since I've been married -- but it just isn't my thing.

Coffe smells fine to me ordinarily but that smell was my worst nausea trigger when pregnant. I couldn't even walk down the coffee aisle at the grocery store.

Good thing nobody here drinks it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Remember the bananas.

Thank you!  ❤️ Got 'em packed. 2 coolers and 7 boxes of food ready to go. Now if everyone would stop pestering me I could banish the goat!

37 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Still pregnant. Woke up three or four times in the night with a really hard contraction that got my hopes up but no dice. 

Sigh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Do you have Advil or Ibuprofen?  You will probably need it for the headache you'll likely have.  Unless you have other sources of caffeine.  (((lulalu)))

We have black tea. That is what I drank today. I like black tea, but I LOVE coffee. It will suffice for a few days. 

• Like 3

Morning. I live. I have writing planned for today and some cooking because the refrigerator is pretty bare of leftovers. Hoping we can get what we need this week. If not, will make do with what we get.

I have decided that June is going to be relaxing if it kills me. This month has been way too hectic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

But that *is* how to make coffee.

Prepare ground coffee with water according to coffee maker instructions.

Add either A, 3 parts whole milk for every 4 parts coffee + 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar,

or B, just 1 tablespoon of sugar + 1 part caramel almond milk creamer + 1 part plain unsweetened almond milk to 1 part coffee.

Whipped cream on top is for special occasions, such as having in your household any creature that required your attention between midnight and 6 AM.

That is how to coffee.   #yourewelcome

I concur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maize said:

We have the same problem.  Our washer/dryer are stacked in our utility closet so there's also a well pump, water softener, and fuse box, in addition to the hot water heater.   You basically have to stand on a stool and look behind the dryer to see the fuse box.    When the well pump broke down, we had to move the washer and dryer.  There's only about 2 feet in front of them and NO room on the sides, so taking them down/out is very very difficult, they are very very heavy, and I don't think dh and I are even strong enough to do it anymore (it was pushing it last time we did).    It's the reason why a bigger utility room is one of the addition plans we actually kept.  

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I don't do coffee.  Never have, not even with super sweet yummy stuff mixed in.  I have two cups of mixed black/green tea with honey every morning.  First cup with bone broth, second cup with Benefiber.  

I may be more into my routines that I think.  

• Like 4

Dh does drink coffee.  He used to drink tea when first waking up (he may still, I don't know), then have coffee at work.  He now has his coffee at home (obviously) but we have a Kuerig with the refillable filter so he only makes the one or two cups he drinks. 

• Like 4