Menu

What's with the ads?

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

One of my children must have taken your device. Because my camera roll is filled with pictures of the cat. 😂😼

😆. Except that this is a very ratty old stuffie kitty.   And apparently the next hot influencer in the math manipulative market. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Dh's mental health has been in a downward spiral for the past few days.

This is making it difficult to celebrate dd16's birthday today.

The kids and I are trying though.

• Like 3
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Is everyone ready for tomorrow? Because I'm not ready for tomorrow.

I did some things to get ready: took the next 3 dinners out of freezer, hard-cooked eggs in the IP and took mini croissants out of freezer for a picnic lunch tomorrow, scanned and printed the next two chapters for Writing & Rhetoric.  Drank some more water.  Took ibuprofin and Benadryl.  I didn't fold the laundry.

Dd13 wants to volunteer at the local animal shelter (one of her Scout friends does this).  I am hoping she can wait until summer because I don't have the brain power to add another activity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hard day today. My blood sugars were in free fall more than once and weren’t wanting to stabilize. Tonight my muscles have been cramping big time because potassium leaches out of the bloodstream with hypoglycemia. Going to tweak my meds. 

• Sad 9

I burned dinner. The kids didn’t mind as it meant IHOP instead.

Day 1 of potty training went well—only 3 accidents, and he slept dry at nap time. 

I’m sorry y’all are all struggling. I’m praying for each of you.

I watched a really sweet movie earlier on Prime- I Am Dragon. It’s in Russian with subtitles.

Now I’m watching Aquaman with the older kids who will not just go to sleep! Getting up with Captain tomorrow morning is going to be killer. Schoolwork likely won’t be pleasant either. I do mot get why they won’t go to sleep like normal people! I’m thinking no more screens at bedtime.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Junie said:

Am I ready for tomorrow?  It depends on how much sleep I get tonight.

How are you doing today?

• Like 4

Good morning!

(((Maize & co)))

Happy nirthday 16 year old kernel!!

(((Jean)))

Early day!  Have to take the van for oil.change and tire rotation just after 7am.  Getting everyone up and moving early!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 5

I overslept a wee bit.  But got up in time to see older two out the door to class in a minute.  Hopefully.  And coffee is brewing!

Happy Nirthday Kernel 16!!!  (((Maize and family)))

Happy back to school for Ducklings and Slashers!

(((Jean)))  Hope today is better!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Someone took 28 photos of Kitty lounging beside a cuisinaire-rod staircase.  In 28 different poses. 

9 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

😆. Except that this is a very ratty old stuffie kitty.   And apparently the next hot influencer in the math manipulative market. 

I was thinking that was a super agreeable kitty - 28 different poses!  and now I understand why!  😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

((Hugs)) to everyone having a rough time.

I slept much better last night.  Not surprising since I got no sleep the night before and Monday is my super long day.   

4-H we only had 3 kids that weren't my two or my co-leaders 3.   Not a big deal but I'm going to post on the page asking that people who aren't planning to come back please let me know so I don't waste money buying supplies for kids that don't come.   Just trying to think of a nice but firm way to put that.    

The activity I did with my youngest class yesterday ended up super duper messy.  Partially because of a couple of the specific kids in that class, partially the nature of the activity.  But I think I need to remember to do a different type of activity with that class.  I don't mind messy for a purpose, but I don't like when they just make a mess without even doing any part of the activity.  It makes it go too fast, which means more mess because I have to come up with another activity on the fly.  

I'm done early today, which is good.  I have planning to do.

• Like 7

I signed up for a virtual 5K walk/run.   I have to do the actual walk/run between now and November 11th, get a shirt, race big and award.   I mapped out a path yesterday, I'm going to start trying it out to see if I can just do it or need to train.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  91719

Jean, how are you?  Do you know why your body went whacko yesterday? I'm praying that you get to have a non-Monday today.

We are going to the Big City Library today - Riders in the Sky are giving their annual performance.  We'll have a picnic lunch.  Kid's orchestras tonight.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Slache said:

How are you doing today?

:wakes up:  :looks at clock:

8:17 -- ok, right on time

:blinks: :looks at clock:

9:17 -- oh, a bit late

10:17 -- wow, we're running late

8:17 -- I didn't get enough sleep

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I no longer want a fitbit.  I don't need to get an F in sleep every day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

DS stays home from school one more day. He’s getting a little bored.

I have an IEP to sit in on today. Fortunately it’s over Zoom, so I can stay home.

Nothing much else is going on. Yay!!

Happy Nirthday, Kernal!!

Jeannie, how are you feeling today??

Susan, dump the FItBit. Scoring your sleep??

((Junie)) Hopefully Second sleep is a possibility.

Cool, Toto!! Run/walk like the wind.

• Like 8

Happy Nirthday, Kernal 16!

I'm continuing my search for routine. Hoping to get a start on rebuilding that today. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Not only that.  It's really hard to get an A, lol.  My best was a perfect night of 8 hours and 53 minutes (normal wake and REM) and it only gave me an 89/good.  The night I slept for 2 and a half hours and then woke up for 2 and a half and then slept for 3 and a half more, it gave me a 75/Fair.  I'd say there's a bigger difference between those two nights then the "score" indicates!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

DS stays home from school one more day. He’s getting a little bored.

I have an IEP to sit in on today. Fortunately it’s over Zoom, so I can stay home.

Nothing much else is going on. Yay!!

Happy Nirthday, Kernal!!

Jeannie, how are you feeling today??

Susan, dump the FItBit. Scoring your sleep??

((Junie)) Hopefully Second sleep is a possibility.

Cool, Toto!! Run/walk like the wind.

I would love to have your job Krissi.

Did you need a teaching credential to get hired?

• Like 3

Dh finally ate something late last night and is doing better today. Eating is often the turning point in these episodes, I'm always scared when he is in food refusal mode, it correlates with serious irrationality.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  91719

Jean, how are you?  Do you know why your body went whacko yesterday? I'm praying that you get to have a non-Monday today.

We are going to the Big City Library today - Riders in the Sky are giving their annual performance.  We'll have a picnic lunch.  Kid's orchestras tonight.

Coffee!

My body has been whacko for the past few weeks but when I tested my bloodsugar it always seemed fine. But now I am thinking that it was about rapid change- not specifically the numbers. (Until yesterday- yesterday’s numbers could have put me in a diabetic coma- though I don’t think that I was that close to one). 

My body’ reaction is actually a good one if I can control it. It means that I need less diabetes meds. 

• Like 7

Riders in the Sky was a bust.  We got there and the parking garage was full as was the only other reasonably close parking-under-$20 lot that I knew of, so we came home.  Oh well.  The kids ate the picnic lunch in the car on the way home and I sang Songs of Bad Drivers and now it's story time.

• Like 7

Hi.

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

All ready!!  Have a great day!

I am? Oh, good.

I hate that fitbit is now scoring my sleep.  I like seeing the estimate of REM & deep sleep, but the score is annoying.

I get between 70 and 83.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate that fitbit is now scoring my sleep.  I like seeing the estimate of REM & deep sleep, but the score is annoying.

4 hours ago, Junie said:

What FitBit do you have? I'm in the market. (I never found my last one, but wanted a new one anyway.)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Riders in the Sky was a bust.  We got there and the parking garage was full as was the only other reasonably close parking-under-$20 lot that I knew of, so we came home.  Oh well.  The kids ate the picnic lunch in the car on the way home and I sang Songs of Bad Drivers and now it's story time.

Somehow Songs of Bad Drivers is to the tune of Nights in White Satin, in my head.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Somehow Songs of Bad Drivers is to the tune of Nights in White Satin, in my head.

For the longest time I thought that was Knights in White Satin and it gave me the weirdest mental images! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

For the longest time I thought that was Knights in White Satin and it gave me the weirdest mental images! 

Me too!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I actually had to look it up because I thought the same 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

What FitBit do you have? I'm in the market. (I never found my last one, but wanted a new one anyway.)

Mine is an Alta HR.  You don't have to do the sleep thing, but I do it anyway and ignore my B-/C average.  :laugh:  I just like to see how I feel in the morning and how it compares to the amount of Deep and REM sleep I got.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Nice! I'll have to remember that one.   My tune was more akin to Pooh's Rum-tum-tiddle-um-tum. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Wait, it's not?

I didn't realize it was otherwise until Jean mentioned it.

• Like 1

Whew. I've had quite the day. And it's not over yet, but the rest of the day should be fairly sedate. I've got some errands to run, and possibly one email to send this evening or tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Long day today.   My youngest classes are leaning young and many of them aren't ready for anything that requires following any instruction at all, not even "don't dump that out yet".   I think I need to find some ideas where that won't matter so much. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Our roof is being replaced this week.  I"m sitting here to the tune of pounding nails.  We only have a one story bungalow with low ceilings and no attic space so it's very very LOUD.  I get to leave to take dd to tkd in an hour but until then.....

I almost feel bad for the kids.  They are home all day, I get to escape to the science center.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Where's Toto? said:

I don't think I"m getting a sleep score, just a hours of sleep, restless and awake. 

It might only be for people who have the stages of sleep which is only available on more expensive fitbits. They might be trying to sell you on a new product. I don't really care. I know what kind of sleep I need and I know whether or not I get it. I don't need your help, thank you very much.

• Like 2

Since we have the dumpster, we're getting rid of all the crap in our yard that we haven't hauled to the dump yet.  A mattress, a couple chairs, some old bins, etc.  And I'm hoping to clean out the garage this weekend.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3