Menu

So I know you have all been waiting with bated breath to hear how my wheeled cart/backpack situation worked out.   I bought a new dolly with big rubber wheels that can handle our gravel.  Then I popped the wheels off my backpack, hot glued the plastic from around the wheels (that came off with the wheels) back on to cover the wheel holes and avoid the fabric fraying.  Then I used paracord and made a cute little knotted strap around the bottom and around the top (through the handle) to hold it in place.   It should work.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 192.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Husband is wro- I mean we're having a disagreement and I want your opinion.

Parent owns a house, child rents an apartment. Parent says child can no longer do laundry at house. Child does not want to pay for laundry so child stops by a few times a week when child knows parent is working, puts laundry in washing machine and picks it up in a few days knowing parent will have rotated it in the necessity of doing parent household laundry.

The wise and all knowing Slache says parent needs to pull clothes from washer and throw them on the dirty floor. Matt says that's vindictive, I say it's showing that laundry will not be done. He says find a different way to show the boundary but neither of us could think of one.

Ok, go!

Change the locks and don’t give them the key. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Never heard of washer magic. Will look next time. I’m pretty sure the smell is from the part where the inner drum and outer casing meet. When it leaked, the appliance guy took the metal off and I could see it all gucky brown/black.

The vacuum is a Kenmore with triple HEPA filter. The smell is hard to describe. It smells like mildew or dirt.

I think the answer for both problems is Flame Thrower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I walked miles and miles with my second labor (no exaggeration).  Labor had stalled and I was flat out determined not to be induced again.  If I had my first labor to do over again, I would have walked for miles then too - though in my defense, I had back labor with the first one and that might not have worked. 

1 hour ago, Slache said:

No, they don't talk about essentials. (Krissi is in the other room) "I leant $60 to Krissi a month ago and she said she would pay me back a week later and never did. Did you know she gets Starbucks every morning? How could she be this selfish? She's getting coffee and my car payment is late. Thanks for nothing." (Krissi enters the scene) "Hi Krissi, how are you? Have you seen the latest episode yet?"

So now I'm harboring bad feelings, my car payment is late and I'm not offering the opportunity for you to make it right. This is how they do EVERYTHING and it's resulted in massive toxicity. If I were to gently say "Hey Krissi, is there an update on that $60 I leant you? I really need it" I would be reprimanded. It makes no sense.

Krissi!  For heaven's sake, just give Slache her money already!!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Slache said:

No, they don't talk about essentials. (Krissi is in the other room) "I leant $60 to Krissi a month ago and she said she would pay me back a week later and never did. Did you know she gets Starbucks every morning? How could she be this selfish? She's getting coffee and my car payment is late. Thanks for nothing." (Krissi enters the scene) "Hi Krissi, how are you? Have you seen the latest episode yet?"

So now I'm harboring bad feelings, my car payment is late and I'm not offering the opportunity for you to make it right. This is how they do EVERYTHING and it's resulted in massive toxicity. If I were to gently say "Hey Krissi, is there an update on that $60 I leant you? I really need it" I would be reprimanded. It makes no sense.

Well the answer to anything other than something directly between you and someone else in that family is "not my circus, not my monkeys".  If they call to gossip or vent ring your own doorbell if you have to, to have an excuse to get off the phone.  Or you could try the direct,  "That is between you and Krissi.  Please stop talking to me about it."  But personally, I would develop an immediate need to go to the bathroom if in person and a very busy doorbell to get off the phone. 

It's a Flying Circus Monkey Booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

I walked miles and miles with my second labor (no exaggeration).  Labor had stalled and I was flat out determined not to be induced again.  If I had my first labor to do over again, I would have walked for miles then too - though in my defense, I had back labor with the first one and that might not have worked. 

With my oldest, my mom took me to an outlet mall.  

With one of my middles, my doctor stripped my membranes (without permission) because he wanted to induce me 2 weeks early and I wasn't on board with that.  Went into labor that night - 3 weeks early.  He denied having done it, but I could barely walk back to my car after that appointment.  He wasn't my doctor after that.

• Sad 4
2 hours ago, Slache said:

I can relate to all of this. And the thing is, in my opinion, not talking leads to nasty actions. I've had a credit card opened in my name because I refused to lend money, a dog adopted for me because someone felt we needed a dog, my wedding plans changed behind my back because she didn't like my opinion for her son's wedding. I mean seriously! And these are all things that should have been discussed and respected, but none of them have ever been discussed. If I bring it up I'm called nasty names and told not to do things like that. So you get to not communicate with me, alter things to go your way and then refuse to talk about it? No.

TeA!

I would put holds (or whatever it is called ) on all your financial accounts and credit.  Ie.  No one can open anything without extra steps and alerting you. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi!  For heaven's sake, just give Slache her money already!!  :laugh:

Yes. Krissi, I will PM you my address.

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Well the answer to anything other than something directly between you and someone else in that family is "not my circus, not my monkeys".  If they call to gossip or vent ring your own doorbell if you have to, to have an excuse to get off the phone.  Or you could try the direct,  "That is between you and Krissi.  Please stop talking to me about it."  But personally, I would develop an immediate need to go to the bathroom if in person and a very busy doorbell to get off the phone. 

It's a Flying Circus Monkey Booyah! 

This is generally my approach but we find the topic interesting.

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would put holds (or whatever it is called ) on all your financial accounts and credit.  Ie.  No one can open anything without extra steps and alerting you. 

Yes. This was about 12 years ago.

• Like 2

We emerged from the Post Office Passport Application Process unscathed!  

It is a stereotypical fall day today - chilly, drizzly, gray, with wet fall leaves blowing around and clinging to everything.  It's a good day to stay inside snuggled in a blanket and fuzzy socks with a book and cup of hot tea.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We emerged from the Post Office Passport Application Process unscathed!  

It is a stereotypical fall day today - chilly, drizzly, gray, with wet fall leaves blowing around and clinging to everything.  It's a good day to stay inside snuggled in a blanket and fuzzy socks with a book and cup of hot tea.

Are they brown? It doesn't count if they're not brown.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm not Slache, but this is also a safe place for us to share our lives with each other. The situation she's been referring to is a long-standing one that a lot of us are familiar with and encourage her through. Today's specific example is just another episode. Slache has been extremely graceful and accommodating of the people involved, and has shown a Christian spirit in dealing with them.

Aww! Thank you.

Christian spirit? As in Exodus?

I wasn't trying to shame anyone. This thread has brought me a LONG way in dealing with some of the harsher circumstances in my life and I am so grateful.

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'll take your word on it, then. Maybe it's just my hormones getting the better of me today. Or maybe something I think is starting to make sense really isn't the case? I'm not sure. But calling out 2 separate people you call friends for owing you money publicly here on ITT doesn't seem right. I'm ready to cry because it just seems so mean and reminds me of some other mean things "friends" did in highschool. 

No one owes me money. I was using Krissi as an example and since I used Starbucks in the example I teased Jean after she mentioned it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Can I go into labor now?

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Jump up and down.

My labor playlist:

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo: 

Bookie, how are you liking MFW? I've considered it many times but always decide against it because of all the DK and Usborne books. Do they just have you skip the evolutionary views/pages or is that content not in these particular titles? Oldest is the type who cannot just skip over pages. He's a read it cover to cover type. I am too.

I'm still waiting on my Amazon order to arrive. I do not have Prime. 😥

I've used MFW since my 20 year old was 6. For some reason, I haven't been too good using it with my youngest. Although, I did use the exact same K and 1st with her that I used with the oldest (I kept the manuals because I liked them).

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Wow. Ok. Things are getting clearer now. I'm going to visit the sea for a while. I do not like this at all.

I see it's been straightened out now. I was just about to say that Krissi was just used as an example.

This is a safe place, so it was safe to use her as the example. She should have used me though, because, it probably would have been closer to the truth... 

JK! I can't afford Starbucks...😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I missed you. You're my translator when things get confusing and what's being posted is about as clear as mud. 

Sorry I was late. I saw the direction it was going as soon as I read you were going to swim in the sea...😁

1 minute ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Oh my, Renai, I started playing the Single Ladies Pregnant one while my kids were in the room. They didn't understand, I don't think, but they have a LOT of questions about why I turned it off so fast and, "Mommy, why's your face red?" Lol! I'll save the rest for quiet time, and use my earbuds.

Ooops, uh...warning! warning!

It's been a long time since I've listened to it, so, I kinda forgot...

53 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'll take your word on it, then. Maybe it's just my hormones getting the better of me today. Or maybe something I think is starting to make sense really isn't the case? I'm not sure. But calling out 2 separate people you call friends for owing you money publicly here on ITT doesn't seem right. I'm ready to cry because it just seems so mean and reminds me of some other mean things "friends" did in highschool. 

I think that you don’t know our sense of humor?  No one owes anyone any money here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I missed you. You're my translator when things get confusing and what's being posted is about as clear as mud. 

Once again, I cannot multi react. I laughed at your labor playlist, hug you for the rest, and high five you on the Starbucks because I'm right there with you.

If you think the playlist is funny, now imagine a 4'11" woman carrying an almost 9 lb baby at 42 weeks moving like that...

Or at least trying too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, I was a page and a half behind somehow and now that I'm caught up, I forgot what I wanted to say. 

I can't even point out the joke because too many people beat me to it.

Our sense of humor on here is very similar to mine and dh's (dh's and mine? - grammar fail) - sarcastic and snarky. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My classes today were done at 12:30 but ds and I didn't actually leave until 2pm.   He was being social hanging out with his friends.   Which is huge for him, an introvert ASD.    I have a really great group of kids that actually get along really well with ds and consider him a friend.  They find him amusing instead of annoying.   The same group is in my Monday classes too so that's a good thing.

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

This is the thread that never ends

Better make sure you've got thick skin

Your posts might cause things to get kinda crazy

If you haven't learned the ITT language

(((Servant)))

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

She's gonna haiku Cheeto right out of there!

Is this a thing? It should be a thing. We could write a book.

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Somebody crossed the center line and sideswiped ds24's car late last night and kept on going.  There's just a bit of damage to the rear corner.  Ds doesn't know if he should call the police and report it?  I have no idea.

If you plan to tell the insurance then yes. Otherwise no.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Somebody crossed the center line and sideswiped ds24's car late last night and kept on going.  There's just a bit of damage to the rear corner.  Ds doesn't know if he should call the police and report it?  I have no idea.

If you are going to report it to insurance then they will probably need a police report. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slache said:

If you plan to tell the insurance then yes. Otherwise no.

41 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If you are going to report it to insurance then they will probably need a police report. 

That's what I was thinking - no need for insurance, though.  Minor enough that we wouldn't get past a deductible and ds doesn't care much about the scratch/dent.

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

My concern would also be, what if this person hit something or someone else too before or after... knowing all the facts or damage caused might help them find the person responsible.

That's definitely something to consider.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

My brain keeps running a hundred miles an hour in every possible direction and bouncing back and forth like a pingpong ball. It's both confusing and exhausting. Is it bedtime yet?

Yes.  

When my brain gets like this it's usually because I didn't drink my coffee.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Should I continue with CLE math (currently using grade 4 text) or switch to something else next year? I could try Saxon or switch entirely to a mastery program. Things are moving so fast right now that I'm slowing it down and stretching it out to the point of only conpleting 2 lessons in a 5day week just to make sure Oldest (ds8) gets it. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Well, most times I've tried to switch away from CLE, I end up coming back.  Unless we've gotten to pre-algebra and then it's essentially too late.  So, I vote stay until or unless you have a compelling reason to leave.  As far as taking two days per lesson - I think that's okay.  You'll lose less ground than if you switch to a new program, imho.  Also, it seems like the early light units have a lot of review and the late light units have a bit of fluff - the meatier concepts is in the middle.  Which is smart - no sense in introducing new or difficult concepts close to the end of the year when there's not enough time to review and solidify understanding.  This, imo, is one of the weaknesses of Saxon.  The important grade level concepts are near the end of the text, there's not enough time to cement them, and then the next year, they're not brought back up until half way through again.  

• Like 2

I was a backstage assistant for Frozen practice today, actually I was mostly stationed by one of the stage entrances so I got to watch most of the show; it's fun to see it coming together. My oldest four kids are all involved, mostly in ensemble roles. Ds14 is the bishop so has a few lines and looks very handsome in his robes and mitre. The others are trolls and townspeople and snow dancers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1