Menu

What's with the ads?

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is the most jaded suspicious 1 year old that I have ever met.  She thinks that everyone is a potential ax murderer.  Except for us, of course.  We are her favorite people and can do no wrong. 

You are her flock of humans and must be guarded and shepherded at all times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our youngest was nicknamed Nepomuceno/a because we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. We got the name from a Cantinflas movie that made me laugh.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was so inflexible (and in pain) at one point that I could not even touch my knees.

The first time I ever touched my toes was in boot camp. I have freakishly long legs and freakishly short arms so even when I was running track and in basketball I was not able to do it despite daily stretching. I was so excited the first time I did it that I nearly cried. I could do it for a while afterwards but lost the ability. I was working my way back there when I injured my back. Now I want it back! I have even gotten to the point of being able to do other strangely flexible things, but not touch my toes because of the length of my legs. It's not fair! And buying pants is total butt.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is this it? 

It's an Inflexible BooyaH

I like this. Works well with obesity too. I can't always do the bends because there's stuff in the way.

• Like 4

The kids are splitting a free pizza for dinner. Like an actual pizza place pizza. I hate them right now. I'll probably just have wine. Or maybe a salad. That might be better.

• Like 5

I had the weirdest dream last night. I don't remember everything, only the part where I and gymnast were lounging on the porch outside as the sun was going down. i was doing some prints to make a picture with her. Someone came out of the house (note, I do not live in a house and don't have a wooden porch) to go to their car and commented, "Is it safe to stay out here?" I continued what I was doing, because I had rather stay out than in, then thought better of it and decided to go inside when I second person came and mentioned safety. I opened the door to go inside and dh was there with a belt to spank me. And there it ended. (Note, dh has never laid a hand on me.)

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I don't remember all my dream but it was something to do with going back to college and being a bit irritated because everyone was so young and immature.  😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Today wasn't too bad.  Dog came to science center and the kids LOVED him.  Now he's exhausted from running around and playing so hopefully that means he'll sleep well tonight.  It's only 645 and I'm ready for bed.  

• Like 9

For some reason, when I woke from the dream, I felt stressed about jury duty. I still feel stressed about jury duty...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Renai said:

I had the weirdest dream last night. I don't remember everything, only the part where I and gymnast were lounging on the porch outside as the sun was going down. i was doing some prints to make a picture with her. Someone came out of the house (note, I do not live in a house and don't have a wooden porch) to go to their car and commented, "Is it safe to stay out here?" I continued what I was doing, because I had rather stay out than in, then thought better of it and decided to go inside when I second person came and mentioned safety. I opened the door to go inside and dh was there with a belt to spank me. And there it ended. (Note, dh has never laid a hand on me.)

2 hours ago, Renai said:

For some reason, when I woke from the dream, I felt stressed about jury duty. I still feel stressed about jury duty...

I think you need a trip to the island - no dh and no jury duty!  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mr. M filled his walker with water bottles and used it for strength training. This man is such a herd of cats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mr. M filled his walker with water bottles and used it for strength training. This man is such a herd of cats.

Sounds like you are a perfect fit for him!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

We had chicken pot pie for dinner. I found a really good recipe on Allrecipes.com.  And strawberries. My poor strawberry guy. We had over an inch of rain this weekend. Highly unusual for this time of year. All that rain is not good for strawberries. I was talking to him today when I bought some. I felt bad for  him, but he was pretty philosophical about it.  I like him. I've been buying from him for years.

• Like 6

So, my GP got the results of my ultrasound today. Lol. That was quick. See, this is why I love my GP. She called me this afternoon. Everything looks good, says she. Very normal. Nice ovaries.  I guess that goes along with my beautiful cervix.  I'm just curious as to what my Gyn is going to say. I have an appt. with her in a couple of weeks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Are you so proud of me?  I haven't once complained or scowled or griped over the fact that one of our hammock quilts is still missing.  Every member of the family has searched for it high and low.  It is essentially a bright blue and gray sleeping bag with bright yellow ropes coming out of each side.  Not easy to miss, unless a certain family member did as is his/her habit and threw it into the pile of stuff in Garage of Doom, promising to "take care of it later".  

As it currently stands, I am done with my camping prep responsibilities.  All food is made/organized/boxed, 95% of the gear is packed, my own bag is packed and the bags of 14-and-under-year-olds have been double checked.  Imma take a shower.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I survived another concert, this time without a migraine!  Yay me!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I think that I might go crazy this summer trying to juggle transportation to the dc's part time jobs.

My children should be thankful that I like to drive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

iHome.

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Sounds like you are a perfect fit for him!  

HEY!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A group of cats is called a clowder, apparently.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

This early morning post is brought to you by a single cat starving to death because of empty food bowl. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Good morning!  It's Camping Day!

Not sure what kind of cell service we'll have down there.  The goal is to leave at 8:00.  I'm putting my bets on 9, which isn't too bad.  Have to go water the garden.

Coffee!

• Like 8

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I'm hoping that dd16 and dd14 will get their research papers finished today.  :svengo:

• Like 5

Me: Good morning!
Alex: I love my Don and my Mayee and my dog!

He is such a morning person. It's sickening.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm planning to plant corn today. I bought seeds for a red variety of sweet corn and also a purple variety that Is more of a popcorn type by the look of the seeds but is supposed to be good to eat like a sweet corn when immature.

• Like 6

We agreed to let Snugglebunny do ballet 3/week so she can go en pointe. I think this will not actually be as crazy as it sounds because they are late afternoon instead of evening like last year so we will get home in time to have dinner together and more 8mportantly wash the dishes plus TS and LL’s classes are at the same time so two birds with one stone. 

Also decided it would be better to just commit myself to being ds’s social secretary and finding h8m a boy playdate once a week rather than signing him up for something.  Hopefully it won’t be too hard to juggle schedules. Everyone is so busy. 

My mom is retiring!  She’s going to get a part time job but she said she wants to plan on spending the day with us once a week, so that will be nice. Thinking of loading the more mom intensive instruction on whatever that day is. 

• Like 9

It's a morning. Gah.

The boy's pumpkin seeds sprouted. This particular variety has a staring role in The Pumpkin Monster Apocalypse. Henceforth, the variety will be known as Murder Patch Pumpkins.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Teaching lessons today is herding cats. Or, in other words, everyone is pretending they're 2 year olds. Time for the craft supplies to come out! And after that, a walk.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd16's research paper is done!!

Yay!  🍫🎉🏆🍫🎉🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I try to buy DS's clothes a size ahead as they're on sale, etc., so that only shoes require The Scramble. He's not particular about clothes as long as they lean toward the fiery end of the spectrum and don't have any more fasteners than needed.

And I am a smallish birdie myself.

And so today I found myself opening a mango-colored t-shirt ordered online, in the next size after the one he's now growing into, and realized that he will be able to hand it down to me. (Sadly, we do not share favorite colors. I do blues and purples, and the occasional pink and red.)

And soon I might have to call my baby Big Bird.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

So I try to buy DS's clothes a size ahead as they're on sale, etc., so that only shoes require The Scramble. He's not particular about clothes as long as they lean toward the fiery end of the spectrum and don't have any more fasteners than needed.

And I am a smallish birdie myself.

And so today I found myself opening a mango-colored t-shirt ordered online, in the next size after the one he's now growing into, and realized that he will be able to hand it down to me. (Sadly, we do not share favorite colors. I do blues and purples, and the occasional pink and red.)

And soon I might have to call my baby Big Bird.

Lego Lass’s feet are now too BIG for her to pass her shoes down to me. 😱

• Like 5

We have snow.

Apparently, I never sent that post last night. It's still cold. I'm cuddled under a blanket, but need to figure out how to declutter at the same time. I already have on a sweater because we turned off the heat a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

47 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Lego Lass’s feet are now too BIG for her to pass her shoes down to me. 😱

Yup, we passed that milestone... last year, I think. (He just got a pair of men's 9 XW shoes--they're a bit long, but the 8.5 XWs were too short.) But I only buy him one pair of shoes at a time, so he does a reasonably decent job of wearing them out before outgrowing them anyway. Except the last pair--I'm positive those were new since Christmas. Svengo.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, maize said:

I'm planning to plant corn today. I bought seeds for a red variety of sweet corn and also a purple variety that Is more of a popcorn type by the look of the seeds but is supposed to be good to eat like a sweet corn when immature.

So I went out with my corn seeds and was promptly surrounded by chickens which reminded me that I cannot plant the corn seeds until I finish fencing off the chickens' section of the yard. Those seeds are too pricey to use as chicken feed...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I do not look forward to keeping ds13 in dance shoes this next year. Those things are pricey and yeah he's outgrowing shoes at an alarming rate. Dance shoes also don't work well If bought too big so there is growing room.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

At least I can save the outgrown shoes for younger brothers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maize said:

So I went out with my corn seeds and was promptly surrounded by chickens which reminded me that I cannot plant the corn seeds until I finish fencing off the chickens' section of the yard. Those seeds are too pricey to use as chicken feed...

We collect seeds during the harvest festival at the living history museum. We visit the mill, where there's lots of seeds waiting around in bins... One year, those grew about 7 feet tall. I have a picture of me standing next to it a few years back.

We've also planted popcorn that we bought from the store. The old-fashioned kind that you have to pop yourself and not in the microwave. 😅 Those grow really short, but put out real popcorn.

We like corn. 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am going to my doctor this afternoon. UTI is still not done. I am tired. My house is a wreck because the carpet layers are here. We’re re-carpeting the entire house.😩 I think the carpet that was here when we moved in was the original. 25 years old.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

This early morning post is brought to you by a single cat starving to death because of empty food bowl. 🙄

Well, at least your cat has a good reason. The bowl is empty. My cats think they are starving when their food is not fresh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Woohoo, test results are back! Benign neglect homeschooling FTW! (seriously though, (me) having spent part of the past year in the hospital didn't help things, but the kids apparently turned out okay, academically anyway)

Broccoli's 4th grade test: https://prnt.sc/nrlicq
Celery's 6th grade test: https://prnt.sc/nrlim5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, luuknam said:

Woohoo, test results are back! Benign neglect homeschooling FTW! (seriously though, (me) having spent part of the past year in the hospital didn't help things, but the kids apparently turned out okay, academically anyway)

Go, Luuknam and veggies!

DS kicked butt on his as well, but the test format (ITBS, so only bubbling in) is a boost for him compared to typical school assignments. #Isaidbutt

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am going to my doctor this afternoon. UTI is still not done. I am tired. My house is a wreck because the carpet layers are here. We’re re-carpeting the entire house.😩 I think the carpet that was here when we moved in was the original. 25 years old.

Glad you’re going in!!

• Like 1