Menu

What's with the ads?

8 hours ago, Renai said:

I have to give back the violin I borrowed from Gymnast's violin school some time this summer. I'm seriously thinking of renting one this upcoming year.

What size instrument does she use?

Sometimes you can get good quality used instruments on eBay for the price of a few months' rental. This makes way more sense for my family as more than one child will use the instrument but it can make sense even for one child. If you want to look into it I can give you an idea of what models to look for.

Hey it's a violin Booyah!

Edited by maize
  • Like 4

Hi, everyone!  I have missed y'all!  Busy, busy at work, but hopefully will slow down a bit week after next.  Not that work will slow down, just that I hope to go back to my three days a week schedule.

Critter, hugs and love coming your way!

Hugs for everyone else that could use them.

• Like 7

Flying out to Fort Worth, TX tomorrow.  Have an ASQ World Conference to attend next week, but I get to spend the weekend with my sister and family. ❤️

Wish DH and DS could come to visit my sister, too, but I’ll just have to suffer through the trip on my own.  :svengo: 😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I forget - any if you near Fort Worth?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, maize said:

What size instrument does she use?

Sometimes you can get good quality used instruments on eBay for the price of a few months' rental. This makes way more sense for my family as more than one child will use the instrument but it can make sense even for one child. If you want to look into it I can give you an idea of what models to look for.

Hey it's a violin Booyah!

Ah, I should clarify. I bought Gymnast's instrument. The one I rent would be for ME. I borrowed one so I could learn along with her (it's a Suzuki thing, I think), but I'm thinking of continuing. If I rent for 6 months and then buy, they credit the 6 months to the purchase. I'd rent first to make sure I want to continue. 🙂 

• Like 6

Hey Slache, I just saw Fluent Forever put out an app. What do you think of it?

• Like 3

I just did a search for “Kolbe” and my own post on this thread came up.  It was 1000 posts ago! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D (I’m drinking Mariposa Morning this morning, instead of my usual McDonald’s Breakfast Blend)

Friday!!!!

School!! Allergy shots for DD1. Dinner at my parents’ house.

I’m feeling behind again. I had a dream last night that I went to a potluck and I was late, my phone battery just died and I was supposed to bring garlic bread, but I had forgotten and everyone said they weren’t mad and one of the gals said she already went to the store and picked some up, but I could tell they were all annoyed and thought I was completely irresponsible.😩 And as I am writing this out, I realized that one of my biggest fears in life is to be thought of as completely irresponsible. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D (I’m drinking Mariposa Morning this morning, instead of my usual McDonald’s Breakfast Blend)

Friday!!!!

I’m feeling behind again. I had a dream last night that I went to a potluck and I was late, my phone battery just died and I was supposed to bring garlic bread, but I had forgotten and everyone said they weren’t mad and one of the gals said she already went to the store and picked some up, but I could tell they were all annoyed and thought I was completely irresponsible.😩 And as I am writing this out, I realized that one of my biggest fears in life is to be thought of as completely irresponsible. 

On the bright side must be some amazing garlic bread for people to be soupset by its absence. At least you’re not the crazy old lady making cat food jello. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Lego Lass got a 96% and Snugglebunny got a 98% on the First Form Latin final. I was pretty impressed. Dry as the Gobi but it got the job done!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Lego Lass got a 96% and Snugglebunny got a 98% on the First Form Latin final. I was pretty impressed. Dry as the Gobi but it got the job done!

Congratulations. I love the Form Series. Yes, they are dry, but they do indeed get the job done.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Junie said:

I wear my sunglasses at night.

(You're welcome.)

So I can...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

Friday!!!!

I thought this was going to say mimosas.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have 10 3 hour shifts a week now. 7 nights, 3 mornings. It won't last long as they're trying to get him into a home.

3 hours ago, ikslo said:

I forget - any if you near Fort Worth?

4 hours away. Come see me.

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

Hey Slache, I just saw Fluent Forever put out an app. What do you think of it?

It's still in beta. Has potential. Expensive.

• Like 6

I have decided that the only way I can get on top of my piles is to purchase a shelf for the closet in the green room. Then, I can just move things that I need onto that shelf, instead of emptying a current shelf (creating yet another pile), then trying to work around all that. It's a business expense, so it's okay. 😀

• Like 5

Yay, Angi’s back!!! And Ikslo checked in. And so did Spud!!!! Let’s have a party!!! Rocco, fire up the grill!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

So, I just sent the girls outside to work on their landscapes a’la Artistic Pursuits, when a very friendly stray cat wandered onto the yard.🙄🐱❤️

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Renai said:

I have decided that the only way I can get on top of my piles is to purchase a shelf for the closet in the green room. Then, I can just move things that I need onto that shelf, instead of emptying a current shelf (creating yet another pile), then trying to work around all that. It's a business expense, so it's okay. 😀

Don't get it from Walmart.

• Like 3

Texts from Matt:

Dead armadillo! I saw a dead armadillo!

Good things come to those who wait!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Texts from Matt:

Dead armadillo! I saw a dead armadillo!

Good things come to those who wait!

I don't go a single day without seeing a dead armadillo on the street.  They have invaded TN.

• Confused 1

I feel I'm in a bit of a quandry.  There is a new primary care doctor that I would like us all to start seeing, but she's not in the large medical conglomerate that we have been using for many years, which includes my favorite walk-in clinic.  I know records are easily sent back and forth between systems, but I feel nervous about the whole thing.  It's stupid to be terribly worried about this, isn't it?

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I feel I'm in a bit of a quandry.  There is a new primary care doctor that I would like us all to start seeing, but she's not in the large medical conglomerate that we have been using for many years, which includes my favorite walk-in clinic.  I know records are easily sent back and forth between systems, but I feel nervous about the whole thing.  It's stupid to be terribly worried about this, isn't it?

I did this. I was never a thing.

• Like 1

It. It was never a thing.

I was always a thing. It's kinda my thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:toetap: 2 hours?

I was napping and then 15 minutes of cleaning and then making steak and shrimp fajitas.

• Like 3

I went to several stores looking for a bookshelf.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Renai said:

I wonder if cinder block bookshelves are in style now - like the ones we would make in college.

• Like 2

I'm back from the wedding rehearsal.  They had a wedding coordinator, so everything was smooth and quick.  The mother of the bride came up to me in the middle and said the music was so beautiful she was in tears already.  :blush:  So that's good.  

I'm finalizing the menu and gear lists and finally remembered to text our neighbor to let her know that dd12 will be unable to walk the dogs for 3 days next week.  

In other news, nuts are expensive.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, nuts are expensive.

This is why we grow our own. I have walnut, almond, hazelnut, and pistachio trees. I have pecan trees as well but don't know for sure if they will ever produce nuts this far north. They're still young and growing so we will see. I got pistachios for the first time last year! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was not murdered by my Lyft driver. Go me!

Matt?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Junie said:

Matt?

Nope. I work until 11 and we don't want to wake the kids up just to turn around and wake them up at 8 for my next shift so I get to annoy a Lyft driver for 15 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Holy Gallumphing Elephant, Batman. Dh tiptoed out of the House an hour ago supposedly to be taken to the airport. Only the airporter hasn’t shown and dh has gone in and out of the house making the dog repeatedly bark. And I can’t relax and sleep until I can lock the door behind him, knowing that I won’t be jerked awake again  

Of course, I have to get up an hour and a half early this morning and drive three and a half hours to a camp meeting. 

• Sad 5

I like Southwest.  This flight is American Airlines.  They charge $30 to check a bag and my suitcase is old so not the right size for today’s carry-ons.  I’m poopy about it even if work is paying.

Because #Southwest rocks. #AA does not.   The plane better not crash because then I’ll be really poopy. 😂

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

Poo on AA.  They're probably already charging more than Southwest for the fare too.  #nocrashing  #rules

Have a great trip!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

The plane better not crash

because you know we're gonna tell JJM, and then... she will use her problem-solving skills. 🙂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Renai said:

I need bookcases for the science center.  I'm mainly looking online because I hate shopping.  Except I might go to our local Habitat Restore and see what they have.

Dd gave me her cold.  She's feeling lots better after two days of droopy and sneezy.  I actually thought it might be allergies but now that she's shared it with me, I can feel the difference.    It's not that bad and once I find out I'm not doing a workshop today, I can come home and take it mostly easy for the weekend.  Dh is still down with his mom at the hospital.  She's doing a little better, still ups and downs.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Slache said:

I have 10 3 hour shifts a week now. 7 nights, 3 mornings. It won't last long as they're trying to get him into a home.

4 hours away. Come see me.

It's still in beta. Has potential. Expensive.

Weird. I saw a free app called Fluent Forever and people were talking about it like it was the real deal so I figured they were done with beta testing. I was surprised it was free though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, maize said:

This is why we grow our own. I have walnut, almond, hazelnut, and pistachio trees. I have pecan trees as well but don't know for sure if they will ever produce nuts this far north. They're still young and growing so we will see. I got pistachios for the first time last year! 

My grandfather had a walnut tree because he loved walnuts. He was in a Caddyshack level war with the squirrels over those nuts. He used to sit under the tree in a lawn chair with his shotgun, guarding it. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Weird. I saw a free app called Fluent Forever and people were talking about it like it was the real deal so I figured they were done with beta testing. I was surprised it was free though. 

There is a monthly fee, but like a free week or month or something. I'm not sure. It is available in the App Store. I believe it is green with the infinity symbol on it. With fluent forever methodology a month is not going to help you.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Happy travels, ikslo!

I woke up with a fright at dark o'clock feeling something crawling on my arm.  Ds14 has his cello recital today, dd16 has writer's club after that, and I have the wedding to play.  

Coffee!

• Like 3